Reflecting on BW and Looking Ahead to Gen VI - SEE POST #508

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I want from this new meta is for Weavile to get Technician. Then I will be happy forever.
Technician is seriously one of the best abilities. It'd be cool if Infernape got it too
On the topic of Technician, just a thought - what if we get a Pokemon with a solid attack stat (~125 at least), Ghost/Fight type, Technician with access to SD, Mach Punch and Shadow Sneak?

GG OU.

The only thing I want from this new meta is for Weavile to get Technician. Then I will be happy forever.

Also Darmanitan to get V-Create
I agree, Technician Ice Shard will be just amazing :)
Alternatively, I'd like both Weavile and Kyurem-B to get an actually decent Ice-type Physical attack(AT LEAST 90 BP) so that all the dragons in OU will go to UU and we can live without having to see a dragon(save Kyu-B, which will anyways go to Ubers with that kind of attack) in every freaking team.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
There's a reason that despite Mamoswine's existence, Dragons still dominate.

Ice Sharders and fast Ice attackers aren't enough to put Dragons in their place. The only Dragon that will probably end up UU next gen is Haxorus.

Maybe not:
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 320-377 (105.96 - 124.83%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That's the same calc for pursuit. With technician Weavile would be the best pursuit trapper in the business, beating out Scizor because of better coverage.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias: 289-343 (79.39 - 94.23%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

With Technician, a lot of the 2HKOs turn into OHKOs, which is why Weavile would send some dragons into UU: prime examples being those weak to BOTH pursuit and Ice Shard, namely Latios and Latias.

I agree, Technician Ice Shard will be just amazing :)
Alternatively, I'd like both Weavile and Kyurem-B to get an actually decent Ice-type Physical attack(AT LEAST 90 BP) so that all the dragons in OU will go to UU and we can live without having to see a dragon(save Kyu-B, which will anyways go to Ubers with that kind of attack) in every freaking team.
That is ridiculous... I'm sure an explanation is not needed as to why.

And what's wrong with seeing a dragon every team?

We see a steel every team, and a water every team, and etc.

Why do people care so much about dragon types? They really aren't all that special

Maybe not:
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 320-377 (105.96 - 124.83%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That's the same calc for pursuit. With technician Weavile would be the best pursuit trapper in the business, beating out Scizor because of better coverage.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias: 289-343 (79.39 - 94.23%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

With Technician, a lot of the 2HKOs turn into OHKOs, which is why Weavile would send some dragons into UU: prime examples being those weak to BOTH pursuit and Ice Shard, namely Latios and Latias.
running + atk nature is bad on Weavile. You cant outspeed base 110s anymore.

I hope Snorlax gets something nice like Slack Off so he can go back to his rightful seat in OU. hes gotten almost nothing for at least a few gens now.

I'm not the guy who's against Dragons (I think it's fairly ridiculous to hate one type because of it's prevalence), but wouldn't it be at the very least interesting to have a type immune to Dragon? In that aspect, Fairy type would be cool.

Although, as was pointed out, in concept Fairy/Ground would be broken as hell. It's not smart to balance out the chart while creating an OP typing, in essence, tilting the chart again a different way.

Even if Game Freak doesn't really care about metagame balance, aside from the official Pokemon format, it doesn't take a genius to recognize the prevalence of Dragon-types with high stats.

Of course, there are other types with many high BSTs overall, but when a significant portion of the legendaries share a Dragon typing, maybe Game Freak might notice their own pattern.

I don't know, really. This is all speculation, and I would love a Fairy type just for the new dynamic it would bring to the table. I've never been around for a metagame shift, and I'm really pumped for it.

That is ridiculous... I'm sure an explanation is not needed as to why.

And what's wrong with seeing a dragon every team?

We see a steel every team, and a water every team, and etc.

Why do people care so much about dragon types? They really aren't all that special
It was a joke, obviously just because one mon happens to now accurately check every dragon in the tier, dragons aren't going to go away(they'll just use an extra slot to deal with Weavile) but they will be less OP and will allow people to be more diverse with the teams they use rather than having to stick to the formula of one steel, one dragon, one water, etc.
Also, how is it ridiculous that Weavile and Kyurem-B actually get a decent Ice type physical move? With a good physical Ice move(maybe giving Icicle Crash to them, or a 90BP one like Leaf Blade), Ice type mons will become more viable in the tier and it will only add more options to the tier.

If Mamoswine, Weavile and Kyu-B actually do get a 90 BP 100 acc ice type attack like Leaf Blade, Haxorus will almost definitely go to UU. Other dragons probably won't drop down but will certainly decrease in usage.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
They won't really decrease in usage.

Those 3 will increase in usage instead. Kyu-B would straight go to Ubers with physical Ice STAB.

I really feel like Mamoswine doesn't need a new physical Ice attack. Icicle Crash is damned good already (252+ LO KOs Dragonite through Multiscale), and he also has Icicle Spear which works because he has base 130 Attack. Weavile WOULD desperately like some STABs with higher base power (lol Night Slash and Ice Punch), and Technician would really give him a niche above Mamoswine. Mamoswine would still see use thanks to Earthquake and Superpower, unless they give Weavile Close Combat, which would be SUPER badass, but it would breathe some live into Weavile.

I really don't think giving Kyurem-B a physical Ice STAB would be that big a deal. Dragon/Ice coverage isn't good, Ice Punch doesn't even get through standard Ferrothorn with Substitute Kyurem-B, who has a very tiny chance to be 3HKOd after Rocks. Icicle Crash is a guaranteed 3HKO, and Choice Band Kyurem-B 2HKOs (Ice Punch has like an 80% chance after Rocks), but that's a Steel-type that's NEUTRAL to Ice, much less all those that resist it.

So... Fairy typing has been confirmed, it will be super effective against Dragon types.

Gardevoir and Marill (hopefully Azumarill too) will be fairy types.

And to think

We all thought we were being trolled by the rumored fairy type. Im glad thats its super effective against dragon, lets hope for a resistance to dragon too. What are some other old pokes that you think could get the fairy type? Celebi? Milotic? Blissey would be the sex with a normal/fairy type. Imagine if fairy resists dragon and/or fighting 0_o

The Pokebeach leak said that "it is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it," so I think we know everything about it if the leak is accurate.
But what else does it resist? It would be fairly (no pun intended) bad if it only had 1 immunity and no resistences

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am not sure if the leak provided by pokebeach is accurate, but supposedly Fairy is IMMUNE to Dragon, weak to Steel & Poison, resisted by Fire & Psychic, and super-effective to Dragon, Dark, and Fighting.

It's what the metagame exactly needed lmao. I appreciate how Fairy-type increases the offensive potential of the shitty offensive types and increases the defensive potential of shitty defensive types. It also nerfs Dragon big time with its immunity, as well as toning down Dark and Fighting-types that are dominating OU now

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I am not sure if the leak provided by pokebeach is accurate, but supposedly Fairy is IMMUNE to Dragon, weak to Steel & Poison, resisted by Fire & Psychic, and super-effective to Dragon, Dark, and Fighting.

It's what the metagame exactly needed lmao. I appreciate how Fairy-type increases the offensive potential of the shitty offensive types and increases the defensive potential of shitty defensive types.
It is accurate.
There is a new trailer for x+y that reveals the type :o

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

It's what the metagame exactly needed lmao. I appreciate how Fairy-type increases the offensive potential of the shitty offensive types and increases the defensive potential of shitty defensive types.
Just out of curiosity how do you think dual type attacks will work? Say for example you have weavile who's dark/ice using an attack that's dark/ice type. Do you think it'll get the stab bonus twice?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
It is accurate.
There is a new trailer for x+y that reveals the type :o
The new trailer only reveals that Fairy is super effective on Dragon. However, Pocket is referring to the Fairy typing's supposed weaknesses and immunity, as well as what it hits super effectively and not very effectively. (These are unconfirmed.)

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yea stuff like fire punch infernape or outrage (if fire/dragon) would be incredibly strong.

I still have my doubts about some of the info that was on that page. They might be right about some things, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added some fake information just for fun.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Especially dual-type moves, I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

I am quite disappointed by the name Fairy-type though, it just doesn't fit in with the scheme of the other types. Not just because I have never seen a type chart with it, but more because the entire theme seems bizarre. The closest to being an odd type is Steel, who ended up fitting in our competitive mons really well. I wonder if Light type might have been a better name, but w/e. This has the potential to make it or break it for next gen mons.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I would think the dual type thing is just for a small number of moves like how this gen we got the 2 moves that always crit.

Just another effort to do something creative.

They will probably be meh moves

Lavos

Banned deucer.
if fairy type really is super effective against dragon/dark/fighting then it's just a huge fuck you to all the cool pokemon

poor scrafty

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Poor Dark-types, as if they didn't have enough problems in OU with Keldeo, Breloom, and Terrakion, now they have the godamn fairies too... I mean Hydreigon just got ridiculouled by Sylveon, i don't know how more punishement unlucky Hydra can take...

All I'll say is that if Fairy is indeed weak to steel it shouldn't be that centralizing what with Scizor running around and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)