Metagame Re-Evolution

Hi, is it possible to place clodsire in a suspect test. combined with recover and unaware, it is almost undefeatable especially when paired with corviknight.

2 days in, these are my thoughts on of meta:

Threats:

Clodsire: one of the best mon in the meta. Fantastic special bulk, unaware, reliable recovery and a great typing make it an easy choice for most teams. Probably bannable since it basically counters 99% of special attackers.

Espathra: This goddamn emu is insane. Stored power calm mind speed boost is still overpowered. Easy ban

Gallade: Not that bad, but still crazy powerful. 4th best attack in the game plus high spdef and sharpness make it a crazy nuke. worth taking a look at

Barraskewda: Great attack and the fastest speed in the game make it hit like a truck, especially in the rain. might be too much, but somewhat manageable.

Other mons:

Lokix:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Lokix First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 356-420 (95.9 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
I like him :)

Quagsire: clodsire's nicer cousin. It has great bulk and Unaware, but isn't as unkillable as clodsire is specially. I like it alot.

Volcarona: this might be broken, but its hard to tell since it can't touch clod. It's other great though.

Corviknight: easily the best defogger in the meta. not much it say, its just good.

Tsareena: if you don't want defog, then Tsar is probably your best bet. Power whip is super powerful and lets it outspeed and kill plenty of stuff after a rapid spin boost.

Noivern: Im surprised how little ive seen this guy. It hits hard and outspeeds most of the meta.

Overall, this meta is super fun. Looking to see how it develops in the future.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Hi, is it possible to place clodsire in a suspect test. combined with recover and unaware, it is almost undefeatable especially when paired with corviknight.
Is a good defensive core, but there are plenty of Pokémon in the format that can easily break pass them, let me list you some examples:

:armarouge:
Armarouge @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Armor Cannon
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Aura Sphere
:annihilape:
Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
:baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
:espathra:
Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
:gallade:
Gallade (M) @ Coba Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak / Knock Off / Leaf Blade
:palafin-hero:
Palafin-Hero @ Leftovers
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Jet Punch
- Drain Punch
:slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off / Sludge Bomb
:noivern:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Roost
:urshifu:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet / Ice Spinner / Taunt
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
:braviary-hisui:
Braviary-Hisui (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Esper Wing
- Substitute
- Air Slash
:calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Specs
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Astral Barrage
- Will-O-Wisp / Nasty Plot
There are more, but these should be easy enough to put on most teams.
In general, if your team has problems with fat, add something with trick, may have a slow family mon with future sight to pair with your breaker, or try something like hazard stack + Magneton. You do want something to deal with status in general, specially Toxic, having a Poison type to absorb TSpikes can be important to not waste Defog PP on Pressure corv, Gliscor and nacl are good at dealing with status, but you can also try a set-up sweeper with substitute or taunt. Psychic Types in general are good wallbreakers, specially if they can deal with Corv and Umbreon at the same time, most fat team rely on that kind of cores too much, Gallade and Gardevoir can melt fat, specially if you support them with Wish and hazards.

Last edited:
Re-Evo G-Terrain 5 Seeds
:sv/Rillaboom: :sv/Hitmonlee: :sv/Armarouge: :sv/Espathra: :sv/Espeon: :sv/Volcarona:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/47a2db4e847a28a2
Yeah I saw Espathra was legal and Hitmonlee has base 205 attack, figured this'd be good and it's very cheap but it is good. Shoutout basically every special wall in the tier being weak to Psychic-types (or being Chansey and getting blown up by Psyshock), the only real Dark-types that don't get ran over by Fairy coverage are Bisharp and Umbreon and they both get overloaded way too hard by this build. Figured I'd do a quick writeup for this team as I hit #4 on ladder with it last night, way too cheap though I also had some fun using rain and semi-stall teams that I won't write up here.
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.03.12.png
1. Rillaboom
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.08.30.png

Iron Bands (Rillaboom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rillaboom doesn't get the biggest buffs in this OM, but solid bulk and base 165 Attack make it a good revenge killer with Choice Band. This is just a very simple CB Rilla set with no real changes and max-max investment, and its main utility is providing Grassy Terrain support to the team - it does help a little with weakening physical walls like Corviknight though with Knock Off to remove their Rocky Helmet for Hitmonlee to later not have to worry about, while you also pressure mixed walls like Umbreon and Toxapex that can be issues for your Psychic-types and for Hitmonlee / Volcarona to break through respectively.

2. Hitmonlee
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.23.45.png

ShitMonMea (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe OR 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Hitmonlee is the strongest Unburden user in the tier, and with HP investment it has pretty insane special bulk, while Grassy Seed patches up the terrible PhysDef a little. CC and Knock are your main two moves to click; Poison Jab can be used to hit Fairy-types like Clefable that resist Fighting-Dark coverage, while Rapid Spin helps to mitigate further this team's glaring hazard weakness while also letting you boost your speed further at the expense of losing coverage. The first spread outruns Drednaw after a Shell Smash with Unburden and should be used with Poison Jab, while the second spread can be instead used to outrun Adamant Barraskewda under rain after a Rapid Spin and with Unburden.

3. Armarouge
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.34.52.png

Mr Clanger (Armarouge) @ Grassy Seed

Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Armarouge gets an insane stat spread in Re-Evolution, and Double Dance takes advantage of its massive natural bulk to be a nasty sweeper that can boost every relevant stat. The bulk means that max SpAtk with a Modest nature can be invested to give you the power to muscle past special walls, and while Leftovers is also a solid choice, Grassy Seed allows you to beat Ceruledge 1v1 as they can no longer hit you with Poltergeist and you can freely set up Iron Defenses; Flash Fire can be used to make this even more one-sided, but Weak Armor lets you snowball much harder and boost Stored Power to ridiculous levels while making Armarouge even harder to revenge kill. A more intricate spread could probably be made for this, but you can't go too wrong with max-max Modest on a sweeper like this.

4. Espathra
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.47.29.png

My Bad G (Espathra) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Espathra is legal in this OM? It actually has good stats here, even relative to the rest of the tier? You can use Sub Leftovers if you want another thing that easily 1v1s Clodsire, but this team isn't really lacking that - with Grassy Seed, Roost and boosts from CM, this thing suddenly gets incredibly hard to remove while also dealing better with Snarl Umbreon as you just keep setting up and can actually heal off their constant chip (not sure how common this is but I've had one 1v1 my Espeon before with Snarl and Foul Play). Basic spread with split defensive investment since it has such a high HP stat, could prob make something fancier but yeah this is cheap and it still does what Espathra does, even without Tera.

5. Espeon
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.57.15.png

Check Bounced (Espeon) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Alluring Voice / Draining Kiss
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

This team's massive hazard weakness absolutely needs Magic Bounce support, and while Hatterene is a great option that you could definitely consider with its better physical bulk, Espeon's massive SpAtk stat and high Speed and SpDef is hard to pass up. Psyshock is better over Stored Power as this lets you switch directly into and threaten out Clodsire, Toxapex and Glimmora, while Alluring Voice gives you coverage to hit Dark-types; Draining Kiss can also be used for longevity past Morning Sun, but the much lower base power is noticeable. Espeon is walled by Steel-types (as is Espathra) but this tier really doesn't have many good ones that actually beat it, this Magic Bounce support is necessary for the team to function at all.

6. Volcarona
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 13.11.05.png

Last Star (Volcarona) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest / Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Morning Sun
- Quiver Dance

The rich get richer... an already OU and previously Uber mon is one of the biggest beneficiaries of Re-Evolution, gaining a disgusting 220 SpAtk and pretty solid defensive stats to go with it along with a relatively good speed for the tier. Max-max Modest makes this thing incredibly difficult to switch into without a Clodsire or a Chansey though a more defensive spread can be used to better take advantage of Grassy Seed and Morning Sun, with the latter spread maximising bulk while a Timid nature still allows you to outrun Adamant Barraskewda after a QD. Heavy-Duty Boots makes more sense but Grassy Seed is funny and also just nasty to deal with particularly if you pack Rapid Spin on your Hitmonlee for backup hazard removal against Mold Breaker Excadrill (and if your Espeon goes down); this set struggles with Clodsire, Chansey and Ceruledge, but you have tools to pressure and deal with these and Volc is a great general sweeper for the team - the offensive spread is a great mid-game breaker, while a defensive set can function better as a late-game cleaner, it's up to you what you find more useful on this build.

Final thoughts
One of the cheapest teams of all time, thought it'd be worth writing up since it farms ladder, sorry if this means more people have to face this terrain cheese - you could also try Miraidon or Weezing-G with terrain / seed spam, Rillaboom is just nice for both the priority itself and for the passive recovery that terrain gives the rest of the team. Really fun ladder and I've been enjoying the OM, would probably have pushed higher if I had more time to play; might play some more as the meta develops but I don't think there's anything insanely broken which is cool, everything is fun rn and has reasonable counterplay (I could see Ceruledge becoming an issue but we'll see).

There's a lot of calls to ban clodsire, but I don't see it. Clod is absolutely ridiculously bulky, but not overly problematic. It's holding back a lot of overpowered threats, too. If it does get banned, in my opinion the reason would be water absorb allowing it to check just a few too many things.

What's actually maybe ban worthy is Lokix. Lokix reminds me of a supercharged mega lopunny. It shits all over offense teams to a comical degree, outspeeding a large amount of threats and generally KOing most stuff faster than it with priority. Its typing is very useful, and tinted lens is great. I see too many people running adamant band on it, which imo is pretty terrible. +Spe nature allows it to outspeed Ceruledge and Armarouge to KO with knock off, and life orb gives it just enough power to take out stuff like Barraskewda and Jolteon. It's the best offensive pivot, and tinted lens is just so powerful in that role.

A lot of different stuff works in this game mode. Trick room offense seems under explored to me so far, with how many strong abusers there are. The saddest part of this meta is not having any good psychic terrain setter. PsySpam would be ridiculous if you didn't have to rely on even-worse-than-normal Indeedee.

There's a lot of calls to ban clodsire, but I don't see it. Clod is absolutely ridiculously bulky, but not overly problematic. It's holding back a lot of overpowered threats, too. If it does get banned, in my opinion the reason would be water absorb allowing it to check just a few too many things.

What's actually maybe ban worthy is Lokix. Lokix reminds me of a supercharged mega lopunny. It shits all over offense teams to a comical degree, outspeeding a large amount of threats and generally KOing most stuff faster than it with priority. Its typing is very useful, and tinted lens is great. I see too many people running adamant band on it, which imo is pretty terrible. +Spe nature allows it to outspeed Ceruledge and Armarouge to KO with knock off, and life orb gives it just enough power to take out stuff like Barraskewda and Jolteon. It's the best offensive pivot, and tinted lens is just so powerful in that role.

A lot of different stuff works in this game mode. Trick room offense seems under explored to me so far, with how many strong abusers there are. The saddest part of this meta is not having any good psychic terrain setter. PsySpam would be ridiculous if you didn't have to rely on even-worse-than-normal Indeedee.
I agree on clodsire. overtime its become much easier to deal with since it hates psyshock, struggles to wall if it's already taken damage, and can't take physical hits. I do disagree on Lokix though. without boots, it's pretty weak to hazards on top of the life orb and its natural frailty. Plus most physical walls like quag and corv take its hits pretty well. personally, i find gallade and barraskewda much harder to deal with.

So far loving Reevo right now, lotta fun and strong mons! :) Wanted to post my team and sets since I just hit #1 on the ladder (not much of an accomplishment since its the first week of the month lmao)
1707072225645.png

:clodsire: :corviknight: :toxapex: :slowking-galar: :clefable: :dipplin:

:sv/clodsire:
Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Not much interesting here, it's THE special wall of the tier and with Unaware and PJab it can take on a lot of setup threats in the tier such as Volcarona. It sets up hazards, poisons things and eats. I also prefer phys def since it already has plenty of SpD base and it helps it with taking on things like Annihilape and opposing Clods.

:sv/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Another basic one, standard utility, sits on Clod and pressure stalls. Also threatens decently with BPress and eats a lot of physical hits the others can't. Uturn is also an overpowered move as always, we stan Uturn.

:sv/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
- Infestation

OH MY SWEET CHILD HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU! :D Pex is honestly one of my favorite mons and its a really fun one in Reevo. THE physical wall, solid enough utility even if it got gutted this gen, and way too many people let you abuse helmet and toxic. Also, those people running Annihilape thinking it 'counters' stall, but flounder as I just... don't attack it. Also helps toxic Volcaronas in a pinch! We love Pex :)

:sv/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic Noise
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

I do not care for Chilly Reception sets, AV is the way to go and I will die on that hill! This thing has monstrous SpD when combined with an AV, great base SpA and an amazing movepool for applying pressure! Psychic Noise is busted, Future Sight helps maintain momentum and protect your team members, Sludge can help poison mons, and Flamethrower is just great coverage. Incredible mon, super versatile and highly recommend.

:bw/Clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind

(Yes I prefer the BW sprites >:( power creep and new mons makes it so I can never use them!) Clefable is the glue for this team, what makes it actually work. Admittedly I could probably drop Calm Mind but its niche and handy from time to time. It's standard Clef shenanigans, and Magic Guard is so unholy and helps you sit on every defensive threat. Clodsires not running poison moves (they all run EQ and that's unoptimal imo) just... don't know what to do after realizing you don't take Toxic damage. And the best part? Clef isn't hitting SUPER hard, STAB MB is great and all, but it is Knock that makes it work. You force so much pressure by knocking defensive mons' lefties, getting rid of boots or band like on Lokix helps neuter them, overall just a fantastic mon. I never see people running it either but it's so good!

:sv/dipplin:
Dipplin @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Grass
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Sucker Punch

Now, this team is kinda weak to Polteageist unga bunga lobotomists that just click Shell Smash and whatever funny move they want afterwards, but Dipplin is somehow the rock that helps weather the storm against it. Don't get me wrong, this thing is a check in the loosest of senses, but MAN does it feel good to bully those B'ish hooligans running that brainless mon. Wanna setup? Get DTailed out. Low HP and wanna get off a Stored Power to kill my Dipp? NAH BITCH SUCKER PUNCH. It also just has an insane defensive profile, and knock off immunity is really handy to help keep your team healthy with their leftovers. Massively underrated mon, not incredible since it has a worse movepool than Wobuffet, but still a very valuable member.

And yeah! Can't wait to see how the metagame develops, so far it's been a lot of fun! Cheers everyone :)

Last edited:
So far loving Reevo right now, lotta fun and strong mons! :) Wanted to post my team and sets since I just hit #1 on the ladder (not much of an accomplishment since its the first week of the month lmao) View attachment 600925

:clodsire: :corviknight: :toxapex: :slowking-galar: :clefable: :dipplin:

:sv/clodsire:
Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Not much interesting here, it's THE special wall of the tier and with Unaware and PJab it can take on a lot of setup threats in the tier such as Volcarona. It sets up hazards, poisons things and eats. I also prefer phys def since it already has plenty of SpD base and it helps it with taking on things like Annihilape and opposing Clods.

:sv/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Another basic one, standard utility, sits on Clod and pressure stalls. Also threatens decently with BPress and eats a lot of physical hits the others can't. Uturn is also an overpowered move as always, we stan Uturn.

:sv/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
- Infestation

OH MY SWEET CHILD HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU! :D Pex is honestly one of my favorite mons and its a really fun one in Reevo. THE physical wall, solid enough utility even if it got gutted this gen, and way too many people let you abuse helmet and toxic. Also, those people running Annihilape thinking it 'counters' stall, but flounder as I just... don't attack it. Also helps toxic Volcaronas in a pinch! We love Pex :)

:sv/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic Noise
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

I do not care for Chilly Reception sets, AV is the way to go and I will die on that hill! This thing has monstrous SpD when combined with an AV, great base SpA and an amazing movepool for applying pressure! Psychic Noise is busted, Future Sight helps maintain momentum and protect your team members, Sludge can help poison mons, and Flamethrower is just great coverage. Incredible mon, super versatile and highly recommend.

:bw/Clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind

(Yes I prefer the BW sprites >:( power creep and new mons makes it so I can never use them!) Clefable is the glue for this team, what makes it actually work. Admittedly I could probably drop Calm Mind but its niche and handy from time to time. It's standard Clef shenanigans, and Magic Guard is so unholy and helps you sit on every defensive threat. Clodsires not running poison moves (they all run EQ and that's unoptimal imo) just... don't know what to do after realizing you don't take Toxic damage. And the best part? Clef isn't hitting SUPER hard, STAB MB is great and all, but it is Knock that makes it work. You force so much pressure by knocking defensive mons' lefties, getting rid of boots or band like on Lokix helps neuter them, overall just a fantastic mon. I never see people running it either but it's so good!

:sv/dipplin:
Dipplin @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Grass
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Sucker Punch

Now, this team is kinda weak to Polteageist unga bunga lobotomists that just click Shell Smash and whatever funny move they want afterwards, but Dipplin is somehow the rock that helps weather the storm against it. Don't get me wrong, this thing is a check in the loosest of senses, but MAN does it feel good to bully those B'ish hooligans running that brainless mon. Wanna setup? Get DTailed out. Low HP and wanna get off a Stored Power to kill my Dipp? NAH BITCH SUCKER PUNCH. It also just has an insane defensive profile, and knock off immunity is really handy to help keep your team healthy with their leftovers. Massively underrated mon, not incredible since it has a worse movepool than Wobuffet, but still a very valuable member.

And yeah! Can't wait to see how the metagame develops, so far it's been a lot of fun! Cheers everyone :)
Your team is why I'm glad I have 3 stallbreakers lmao

:bw/volcarona:
Speaking of wallbreakers why have I not seen anyone trying out Specs Volcarona? I've been playing around with it a bit and it hits like an absolute freight train, nothing outside of Noivern (somewhat) switches into a Specs Bug Buzz from it, it's got a great speed tier, great STABs and Psychic to hit premier special wall Clod. Even can self boost with Fiery Dance or Overheat past Unawares as well, alongside baiting people into thinking you're QD. The only thing holding it back is a 4x Ronks weakness but all things considered (and with Gholdengo banned) it's not THAT hard to play around. It even has great special bulk to boot. The set I run is below

:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Bug
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat

:bw/volcarona:
Speaking of wallbreakers why have I not seen anyone trying out Specs Volcarona? I've been playing around with it a bit and it hits like an absolute freight train, nothing outside of Noivern (somewhat) switches into a Specs Bug Buzz from it, it's got a great speed tier, great STABs and Psychic to hit premier special wall Clod. Even can self boost with Fiery Dance or Overheat past Unawares as well, alongside baiting people into thinking you're QD. The only thing holding it back is a 4x Ronks weakness but all things considered (and with Gholdengo banned) it's not THAT hard to play around. It even has great special bulk to boot. The set I run is below

:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Bug
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat
i like it, but
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 234-276 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I feel like if your using volc, would rather run hdb and a clodsire check instead

i like it, but
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 234-276 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I feel like if your using volc, would rather run hdb and a clodsire check instead
1. I don't think max SpD Clod is at all viable since it makes it unable to check/counter a good few threats like Annihilape and unable to even take a PShock in a pinch, and even then ~40% isn't half bad on Clod. With hazards you can feasibly wear it down.
2. Boots is def an option but at that point just use QD. The problem I have with QD (It's strong do NOT get me wrong) is it's just too slow and predictable, and more easily countered. You NEED to really setup a QD to be truly threatening with Volc, Specs has that boost out of the gate. Like you said, you still need another way to wear down Clod but Specs actually allows Volc to threaten Clod and other special walls like Glowking.

Where QD is a cleaner setup threat, Specs is a nuke that clicks funny move and things die. You have to work to get it in but it will hit shit really hard- hence it being a walk breaker haha. The boots set just doesn't do what Specs does, and vice versa.

Side Note: You could also run potentially Uturn over Overheat or Psychic because momentum OP and all that, but honestly I think Specs Volc should just click button watch green turn red. An option though for anyone wondering! :)

1. I don't think max SpD Clod is at all viable since it makes it unable to check/counter a good few threats like Annihilape and unable to even take a PShock in a pinch, and even then ~40% isn't half bad on Clod. With hazards you can feasibly wear it down.
2. Boots is def an option but at that point just use QD. The problem I have with QD (It's strong do NOT get me wrong) is it's just too slow and predictable, and more easily countered. You NEED to really setup a QD to be truly threatening with Volc, Specs has that boost out of the gate. Like you said, you still need another way to wear down Clod but Specs actually allows Volc to threaten Clod and other special walls like Glowking.

Where QD is a cleaner setup threat, Specs is a nuke that clicks funny move and things die. You have to work to get it in but it will hit shit really hard- hence it being a walk breaker haha. The boots set just doesn't do what Specs does, and vice versa.

Side Note: You could also run potentially Uturn over Overheat or Psychic because momentum OP and all that, but honestly I think Specs Volc should just click button watch green turn red. An option though for anyone wondering! :)
did the calc for max hp only as well

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0+ SpD Clodsire: 272-320 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

the set is actually pretty ok, but I feel like the stealth rock weakness holds it back compared to other specs users. it is still a decent option though

also by running boots i ment running quiver dance as well. besides specs sets volc quiver dance hdb is basically all the volc runs

Wanna post some thoughts on some mons I have on the radar.

Feraligatr: This is a sheer force machine and it destroys the standard Clodsire set easily. Without water absorb it just completely dies. Also works well with screens support. Have stuck to dragon dance but I bet Swords Dance is an option too.

Hariyama: This fat boy is a menace and a half. Absolutely insane bulk and drops stuff if it hits the field safely. Almost unwallable if you use it correctly.

Skeledirge: This is a bulky support mon if I ever saw one. Dangerous wincon and can support your teammates nicely with Will o Wisp.

Espathra: Yeah this thing is just as menacing as always. There is nothing more evil than smashing holes with this thing and then watching as Feraligatr effortlessly cleans after it. Speaking of cleaners.

Excadrill: Very surprised this thing isn't used more. Mold Breaker is evil with this thing just like everything else. All Clodsires are destroyed by it. I bet Sand Rush is an option too considering Tyranitar is probably good. Especially as a sort of check to Espathra.

Blaziken: Effectively Mega Blaziken with the boosts to attack and speed. While it has some coverage issues this thing can be a scary win condition as well. Best success I had was Protect with Knock, Flare Blitz and Close Combat.

Some other mons that I haven't tried but have been thinking about.

Amoonguss: Spore user with great bulk. Probably works on bulkier teams.

Azumarill: Definitely something to fear considering it has both Belly Drum and Huge Power. While I would put Medicham here as well, Azumarill's typing just seems better.

Mandibuzz: I dunno if this vulture is good or not but seems like it might be unkillable.

Gliscor: Seriously unsure why this isn't used more. I mean this guy is terrifying to think about in this bulkier format. Seriously on my watch.

Overall, fun format.

Wanna post some thoughts on some mons I have on the radar.

Feraligatr: This is a sheer force machine and it destroys the standard Clodsire set easily. Without water absorb it just completely dies. Also works well with screens support. Have stuck to dragon dance but I bet Swords Dance is an option too.

Skeledirge: This is a bulky support mon if I ever saw one. Dangerous wincon and can support your teammates nicely with Will o Wisp.

Mandibuzz: I dunno if this vulture is good or not but seems like it might be unkillable.

Azumarill: Definitely something to fear considering it has both Belly Drum and Huge Power. While I would put Medicham here as well, Azumarill's typing just seems better.

Gliscor: Seriously unsure why this isn't used more. I mean this guy is terrifying to think about in this bulkier format. Seriously on my watch.
These five Pokemon that I quote you on are very weak compared to the other Pokemon in the format. Skeledirge is absolutely murdered by Ceruledge, Feraligatr is outclassed by Barraskewda and is super slow, Mandibuzz is just a weaker Corviknight, and Gliscor barely gets any bulk from its evolution. Azumarill is also easily walled by Toxapex who can just Haze it.

Sleep moves are also banned.

Speaking of the survey, thoughts on Noivern? I feel it’s a tad too strong and versatile for the tier- incredibly fast (one of the fastest in the tier), monstrous stats, great move pool, STAB and coverage. Even switcheroo for crippling walls and infiltrator or frisk being decent abilities with good niches.

My issue is while I think it’s a bit overcentralizing, it’s an incredible glue for the tier similar to Lando-T- hence why I’m hesitant on going for a ban. What do you all think?

Speaking of the survey, thoughts on Noivern? I feel it’s a tad too strong and versatile for the tier- incredibly fast (one of the fastest in the tier), monstrous stats, great move pool, STAB and coverage. Even switcheroo for crippling walls and infiltrator or frisk being decent abilities with good niches.

My issue is while I think it’s a bit overcentralizing, it’s an incredible glue for the tier similar to Lando-T- hence why I’m hesitant on going for a ban. What do you all think?
The log that holds the foundation is warped, but removal would bring the whole house down. (keep it because even though its good it keeps enough in check to make the meta healthier than without it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)