Post your searing hot takes

LMAO bro was raised on formula
Water is just the superior drink. It doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't go bad, doesn't have to be taken cold, and is far more available. The only thing milk has going for it is that it has higher nutritional value, but most people don't drink enough milk for that to be a real benefit and you can always just the exact same value from vastly superior dairy products like cheese.

That being said, cereal also kinda sucks because liquid makes the grains soggy and gross so water cereal unfortunately is not the answer.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Water is just the superior drink. It doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't go bad, doesn't have to be taken cold, and is far more available. The only thing milk has going for it is that it has higher nutritional value, but most people don't drink enough milk for that to be a real benefit and you can always just the exact same value from vastly superior dairy products like cheese.

That being said, cereal also kinda sucks because liquid makes the grains soggy and gross so water cereal unfortunately is not the answer.
hot milk is very much a thing, far more so than hot water (without steeping in tea or brewing coffee).

you know a hot take is a good one when it sparks serious debate

The term "medium ugly" is not good. Imagine calling your partner, or potential partner, "ugly". Shouldn't you want to be attracted to your partner in an romantic relationship? I just don't see how people like using this term at all. On social media where I see so many people saying "We should accept everybody as beautiful", I see those same people just calling everybody medium ugly to what they subjectively don't find good-looking.

Castlevania season 3's quality is so unbeliably confusing. It's simultanously the best and worst season of the show

Like there's three storylines, one of them is the absolute worst storyline in the entire show, like 2/10 in an overall 9/10 show (which honestly would be a 10/10 if it wasn't for this one storyline with these japanese kids and Alucard specifically), another one is pretty good but has some flaws (I think the final twist is good in theory, but a little clumsy in practice) and the third one is absolute, complete peak fiction. The Isaac storyline in season 3 is the only storyline of anything where every single line spoken is memorable and downright philosophical

I don't know how that works. It's like having steak with fries and salad. The steak's great, the salad is the absolute most delicate piece of culinary art you ever tasted, and the fries are soggy, burned and massively oversalted

Castlevania season 3's quality is so unbeliably confusing. It's simultanously the best and worst season of the show

Like there's three storylines, one of them is the absolute worst storyline in the entire show, like 2/10 in an overall 9/10 show (which honestly would be a 10/10 if it wasn't for this one storyline with these japanese kids and Alucard specifically), another one is pretty good but has some flaws (I think the final twist is good in theory, but a little clumsy in practice) and the third one is absolute, complete peak fiction. The Isaac storyline in season 3 is the only storyline of anything where every single line spoken is memorable and downright philosophical

I don't know how that works. It's like having steak with fries and salad. The steak's great, the salad is the absolute most delicate piece of culinary art you ever tasted, and the fries are soggy, burned and massively oversalted
so Castlevania is the r-rated version of the Digimon anime? got it.

so Castlevania is the r-rated version of the Digimon anime? got it.
Never watched Digimon but there is a character that basically has mons and uses them to fight

You should go and watch it. It's really really good and thought provoking. Don't watch Nocturne, that show stinks

Teen Titans Go is actually really cool in a very unique way.

The haters of the show will tell you it does not live up to the original, and that it makes a mockery of not only the original Teen Titans, but the entire DC universe. What they fail to understand is that THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW!

Teen Titans Go is a joke, and the show itself clearly knows it. Take the April Fools episode Batman vs Teen Titans: Dark Injustice (which, by the way, had nothing to do with Batman). At the end of the episode, the team appears to split up for dramatic reasons, before shouting "April Fools!", and openly mocking the audience. The entire punchline of the episode is the idea that you would think, even for a moment, that the show would be, in any way, serious.

And what the haters don't realize, is that by insulting the clowns, they become a part of the act. The minute you take the show seriously, you are just as ridiculous as it. The show mocks its haters in a completely unique way. Instead of responding to "You Suck!" with reasons why it doesn't, it instead goes "This has been established. Get a life."

Teen Titans Go manages to simultaneously be a parody of the original show, the entire DC universe, its haters, and itself. And I can't help but admire it for that.

Last edited:
Teen Titans Go is actually really cool in a very unique way.

The haters of the show will tell you it does not live up to the original, and that it makes a mockery of not only the original Teen Titans, but the entire DC universe. What they fail to understand is that THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW!

Teen Titans Go is a joke, and the show itself clearly knows it. Take the April Fools episode Batman vs Teen Titans: Dark Injustice (which, by the way, had nothing to do with Batman). At the end of the episode, the team appears to split up for dramatic reasons, before shouting "April Fools!", and openly mocking the audience. The entire punchline of the episode is the idea that you would think, even for a moment, that the show would be, in any way, serious.

And what the haters don't realize, is that by insulting the clowns, they become a part of the act. The minute you take the show seriously, you are just as ridiculous as it. The show mocks its haters in a completely unique way. Instead of responding to "You Suck!" with reasons why it doesn't, it instead goes "This has been established. Get a life."

Teen Titans Go manages to simultaneously be a parody of the original show, the entire DC universe, its haters, and itself. And I can't help but admire it for that.
But it's not funny. It would all be good if the show was funny. But it's not. It's like modern SpongeBob or modern Family Guy writing

ice cream is not that good. frankly, the only reason I even have ice cream is because society has not normalized drinking pure chocolate syrup.
how dare you slander ice cream like that

anyways the original flavor of any potato chip brand is usually the best. any flavored ones will largely be inferior to the original

But it's not funny. It would all be good if the show was funny. But it's not. It's like modern SpongeBob or modern Family Guy writing
I haven't watched it in a while, but the later seasons are quite funny at times. There is a parody episode of Dora the Explorer that is hilarious. I am probably only remembering the funny episodes, and don't have an accurate assessment of the average humor, but it does have some really funny moments.

As someone who haven't watched a minute of this show, I can already tell it sucks.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature", "It's not a problem, it's supposed to be like that" and any variants of this idea is just one of the worst possible arguments to defend anything.

If it doesn't come across as a parody, it's probably not doing a great job at being one.

As someone who haven't watched a minute of this show, I can already tell it sucks.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature", "It's not a problem, it's supposed to be like that" and any variants of this idea is just one of the worst possible arguments to defend anything.

If it doesn't come across as a parody, it's probably not doing a great job at being one.
The main problem is that everything that makes the show great was not there right away. Not to mention the fact that some people just don't understand parody. Because, trust me, it is not subtle. Practically every time crossover they have ever done consciously highlights the difference between the two shows. There is an entire character in the show dedicated to insulting the show. There is literally an episode of the show where they meet their one and only fan, who then states that they prefer the original show.

Notice how I never said it was a great show. I haven't seen it in a bit, so I am not confident that the good parts I remembered were the rule instead of the exception. However, the strategy this show employed is unique, and I think that that part of the show is worth praising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 5)