SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So what do we wanna bet that the blurry Gigantamax people thought was Eternatus actually belongs to this thing? The hands in particular look quite similar.
I don't think so tbh. Didn't the leak mention it was an "evil legendary", likely insinuating Eternatus? Unless we've got a Cosmog situation on our hands, I don't see it.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I don't think so tbh. Didn't the leak mention it was an "evil legendary", likely insinuating Eternatus? Unless we've got a Cosmog situation on our hands, I don't see it.
Cosmog is a three-staged evolutionary line Pokémon. Grimmsnarl is already a third stage of its evolutionary line. So I call this impossible (despite the resemblance) since GF isn't willing for a four-staged evolutionary line at all.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Cosmog is a three-staged evolutionary line Pokémon. Grimmsnarl is already a third stage of its evolutionary line. So I call this impossible (despite the resemblance).
I didn't mean that Grimmsnarl evolves into Eternatus. It was more of a rhetorical thing anyway, it probably ain't a legendary lol

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Cosmog is a three-staged evolutionary line Pokémon. Grimmsnarl is already a third stage of its evolutionary line. So I call this impossible (despite the resemblance) since GF isn't willing for a four-staged evolutionary line at all.
No silly, he means Impidimp and Grimmsnarl ARE the evil legendaries, just that its a legendary that evolves, like cosmog

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Question: Does anyone know if the Impidimp line might have basis on a particular myth or folklore? Specifically I'm trying to find out if there is an explanation for the steady color shift from pink to green or if it's just a thing the designers came up with to make it stand out

Not the colour change, but the idea of a musclebound goblin reminds me of Spriggans, fey which were believed to be the spirits of giants (with the associated strength), with some depictions (at least the fantasy context I first encountered them in) having them capable of growing bigger. Apparently their story comes from Cornwall, as well.

We do have ttar too but i get ur point, theyre pretty rare

But its a three stager and looks very intimidating so it checks as one
Didn't expect that at all. Ya know, all the time I thought it would be probably some frail Pkm that likes to troll trainer and Pkm, but this changes everything. I wouldn't want to meet Grimmsnarl in a forest. It looks so bulky and dangerous, lol, nothing like its pre-evolutions.

Maybe Kitsunoh was actually a real leak all this time...
I know you're mostly joking but from a legal perspective what would happen if Nintendo did rip off Kitsunoh directly? Like 100% tore the data right from CAP? Would Smogon be forced to basically go fuck itself knowing Nintendo could easily send a cease and desist letter to Showdown and end comp pokes as we know it? Or would Smogon have any legal standing to say "Hey Nintendo, noooo".

Last edited:
I know you're mostly joking but from a legal perspective what would happen if Nintendo did rip off Kitsunoh directly? Like 100% tore the data right from CAP? Would Smogon be forced to basically go fuck itself knowing Nintendo could easily send a cease and desist letter to Showdown and basically end comp pokes as we know it? Or would Smogon have any legal standing to say "Hey Nintendo, noooo".
How would Kitsunoh becoming real give Nintendo any leverage to sue Smogon? Smogon already hosts a website that allows people like me to play Pokemon for free. That feels like enough leverage as it is to sue Smogon out the ass. I don't see how specifically simulating Kitsunoh would cause problems.

Actually, that's a 'mockup'. Trust nobody
"This isn’t a leak. Just someone’s idea for a possible shiny. I would’ve just said Grimmsnarls shiny since this are pretty much confirmed."

To be honest, if that was an actual shiny pic right after the first one I'd assume they already cracked the game open by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)