SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

This reminds me back when I had early access to XY and couldn't keep my mouth shut. I made only two posts about the weather nerf and very few believed me in here. But it was enough for the rumor keep going on other forums and blogs until my boss start to question if it had been any of us from the merch team. Yup, of course I denied at the occasion.

What I mean to say is that Nintendo staff keep their eyes wide open and can easily track any careless leaker.

(yeah, I was here 6 years ago right under your noses, maybe Wolfen is reading this topic right now. Hello wolfen, take care of your ass buddy)

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
It's not necessarily that Kanto is favoured when it comes to the Dexit policy of these games, but the way Kanto 'mons are consistently given the new tools of each generation in a way other gens aren't, it still creates the impression that Kanto 'mons will be favoured going forward. Maybe not in terms of inclusion in this game, or the next, or possibly ever, but the impression stands that the other generations aren't cared about to the same degree. There will always be hope for obscure Kanto 'mons to be brought to the limelight through the gimmick du jour, while obscure Sinnoh or Kalos 'mons appear doomed to stay obscure forever. Gotta have that sixth alternate form of Lickitung before Carnivine can get something.

And it's this impression of favouritism that shapes the views of long-term fans. Maybe the favourite Pokémon won't be axed from the games forever, but that impression that the chance is half'n'half at best can quickly kill the enthusiasm for the games. For now, it might be two separate truths that 1) TPC favours Kanto, and 2) not all Pokémon will be in the games going forward, but fans are going to see them in light of each other, mix them up, and decide that there's writing on the wall and it's not boding well for their prospects of future enjoyment of the franchise.

What I'm saying is, the franchise doesn't have to actually be devolving into a complete Kanto pander-fest where all other generations are neglected, but the impression that it is can still take root in fan circles. And if that idea settles and spreads into the wider Internet culture, the whole image of Pokémon may go belly-up.
As I said, they can just only use Kanto and nothing else at this point, no more new Pokémon, no nothing, just expansion upon the Kanto region. It might get to a point where people really gets severely tired of Kanto to the point that TPC might grew ultra spiteful to the fanbase and go out of their way to spit on their face by forbidding GF to make any more new Pokémon and no more Gen 2 and later Pokémon.

Such a huge company can quickly grow corrupt even worse one day or another.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It's not necessarily that Kanto is favoured when it comes to the Dexit policy of these games, but the way Kanto 'mons are consistently given the new tools of each generation in a way other gens aren't, it still creates the impression that Kanto 'mons will be favoured going forward. Maybe not in terms of inclusion in this game, or the next, or possibly ever, but the impression stands that the other generations aren't cared about to the same degree. There will always be hope for obscure Kanto 'mons to be brought to the limelight through the gimmick du jour, while obscure Sinnoh or Kalos 'mons appear doomed to stay obscure forever. Gotta have that sixth alternate form of Lickitung before Carnivine can get something.

And it's this impression of favouritism that shapes the views of long-term fans. Maybe the favourite Pokémon won't be axed from the games forever, but that impression that the chance is half'n'half at best can quickly kill the enthusiasm for the games. For now, it might be two separate truths that 1) TPC favours Kanto, and 2) not all Pokémon will be in the games going forward, but fans are going to see them in light of each other, mix them up, and decide that there's writing on the wall and it's not boding well for their prospects of future enjoyment of the franchise.

What I'm saying is, the franchise doesn't have to actually be devolving into a complete Kanto pander-fest where all other generations are neglected, but the impression that it is can still take root in fan circles. And if that idea settles and spreads into the wider Internet culture, the whole image of Pokémon may go belly-up.
While I strongly doubt the high quantity of Gen 1 forms is gonna be enough to capsize Pokemon's image as a franchise, I must say this is a pretty interesting take all things considered. Honestly when you put it this way it almost makes the fanbase seem at fault...

anyways these two guys got posted in another server i'm in. You reckon they're real or fake?

1572740425793.png

1572740430960.png

While I strongly doubt the high quantity of Gen 1 forms is gonna be enough to capsize Pokemon's image as a franchise, I must say this is a pretty interesting take all things considered. Honestly when you put it this way it almost makes the fanbase seem at fault...

anyways these two guys got posted in another server i'm in. You reckon they're real or fake?

OH NOOOOOO THEY BETTER BE REAL I LOVE THEM ALREADY

Also Wooloo somehow looks exactly how i imagined it, im impressed. Real starter here i come #wooloosquad

I LOVE IMPIDIMP EVOS SO MUCH

I defended this thing since the beginning, and it's finally paying off, they look so cool

I 100% didn't expect it to have 2 evos either, we don't see many of those in the last few gens. I wonder if it's this gen's pseudo or something?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I have a more wild theory: What if it's a split evolution?

It looks like in the 2nd form impidimp develops some kinda "virus", and in this final stage it gets consumed. What if there's another 3rd form where it wins out over the "virus" and is more Impidimp-like?

Not very high considering GF's fixation on it being either reptilian or a Dragon-type (Metagross being the only pseudo that is neither).

But Metagross's existence makes it not impossible.
We do have ttar too but i get ur point, theyre pretty rare

But its a three stager and looks very intimidating so it checks as one

We do have ttar too but i get ur point, theyre pretty rare

But its a three stager and looks very intimidating so it checks as one
That's why I said "reptilian" - to include Tyranitar :P

Also, the reveal of Impidimp's evolutions, assuming they are not the pseudo, would make it the first non-Starter, non-early bird, non-early bug, non-pseudo three-stage evolutionary line since Gen VI (Honedge's line), not counting Cosmog's line. I know this is extremely specific, but it's worth noting.

And here you have someone that obviously never used Bounsweet.

That's why I said "reptilian" - to include Tyranitar :P

Also, the reveal of Impidimp's evolutions, assuming they are not the pseudo, would make it the first non-Starter, non-early bird, non-early bug, non-pseudo three-stage evolutionary line since Gen VI (Honedge's line), not counting Cosmog's line. I know this is extremely specific, but it's worth noting.
The Bounsweet line?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)