Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Flare Blitz Entei might be too much for UU, it'd be a little like Arcanine but weaker in physical sweeping and better in everything else.

I can't see it being better on the special aspect, unless I'm missing something. Calm Mind is there, but Entei doesn't have the diverse attacks to stop a switch in, and it will be no better afterwards against the inevitable Earthquake or Stone Edge. Shadow Ball isn't much of an advantage over Dragon Pulse I wouldn't think.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol @ tenses

So what does everyone think? New moves implemented as soon as they are confirmed? Or wait until the US release?
With wifi, ROMs, flashcarts, and the ability to buy games internationally, Japan getting the game/moves pretty much means the US gets them too.

For everybody who keeps on wishing Tail Glow would go to Ampharos

The Japanese name for Tail Glow is firefly light and the last time I checked, Volbeat is a firefly and Ampharos is a bipedal naked sheep. Anyone who thinks that Ampharos deserves Tail Glow needs to remember that bit of information.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Japanese name for Tail Glow is firefly light and the last time I checked, Volbeat is a firefly and Ampharos is a bipedal naked sheep. Anyone who thinks that Ampharos deserves Tail Glow needs to remember that bit of information.
Manaphy still got it and he is no firefly. So there might be some hopes for Ampharos.

Since when do lizards have fire on their tail, or turtles grow cannons out of their shells?

BRING REALISM BACK TO MAH POKEMANS!

So? Ampharos's tail lights up like a firefly's.

Since when do lizards have fire on their tail, or turtles grow cannons out of their shells?

BRING REALISM BACK TO MAH POKEMANS!
When you put a fire on a lizard's tail. And since when was pokemon realistic? Let's see how realistic they are-fire breathing lizards, bipedal naked sheep that controls electricity, blind bats, bats with four wings, moving trees and monkeys with fire coming out of their asses to name a few.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You guys need to remember that the Japanese name for 'Tail Glow' is not even remotely close to that, and that the English version of the name came AFTER the Japanese one.

Well are you Japanese, I may need some help understanding the game o_o
I'm not japanese, but I do know very little hiragana/katakana. Self taught. I wouldn't be able to help you through the game ;(. But I played through pokemon diamond/pearl in japanese and it wasn't that complicated. Mostly just guess and check. By this I mean like talk to someone or something suspicious, if it does nothing, then I keep looking for more stuff. If you need help, and I'm passed your point, I guess I could help but most likely I'd be as clueless as any non-japanese reader.

But don't worry I thought playing through a japanese game would be so scary and hard. Personally I thought it made a simple game like diamond a bit more fun with the unknown text. lol. I think I can help you if you want an OT. You'd have to PM your word how its pronounced. Like if you wanted "bud", you'd send b-uh-d. Though some stuff would like bud to buda. Since the japanese don't have single characters like we do. Its complicated.

I wasn't really saying that it doesn't makes sense that Manaphy has a tail growing out of it's head as much as that appendage should probably be called an antenna instead of a tail.

i already pre ordered Platinum off Play Asia this being the second i time a order a pokemon game in Japanese, i can say this games are ridiculously easy and you dont need to read a thing to enjoy the game, after all all you want to do is get all the badges and beat the Elite Four to get to the good stuff, also there will be guides(Serebii/Bulgarden) incase you need help or can't figure out something. I will also be helping out here since i dont remember having trouble playing Diamond in Jp.

Well, I played through diamond with graphics off (turned it off for grinding one day, never turned it back on) so I was more worried about enemy attacks.

Wouldn't the endgame stuff be hard without text? IIRC a few frontier areas required reading stuff. I may be wrong.

Also, whats the URL for the site that lets you buy pokemon platinum early? Is there a US release date? I'd rather wait a month than play through not understanding anything.

i already pre ordered Platinum off Play Asia this being the second i time a order a pokemon game in Japanese, i can say this games are ridiculously easy and you dont need to read a thing to enjoy the game, after all all you want to do is get all the badges and beat the Elite Four to get to the good stuff, also there will be guides(Serebii/Bulgarden) incase you need help or can't figure out something. I will also be helping out here since i dont remember having trouble playing Diamond in Jp.
This. I imported Pearl(got it 2 days after the Japan launch somehow) and played through with no problem. I've since learned katakana and hiragana pretty well so Platinum won't be hard to understand at all. But even if you don't know ANY Japanese you won't have many problems.

Well, I played through diamond with graphics off (turned it off for grinding one day, never turned it back on) so I was more worried about enemy attacks.

Wouldn't the endgame stuff be hard without text? IIRC a few frontier areas required reading stuff. I may be wrong.

Also, whats the URL for the site that lets you buy pokemon platinum early? Is there a US release date? I'd rather wait a month than play through not understanding anything.
Play-asia.com. And it won't be a month between releases. It will be at least 6 months, maybe up to 9.

Eep. OK, my last question; Will there be compatibility issues from my DS (original design, not lite) to a Japanese game? I know that its not possible to play FFX international on the US ps2 so I'm double checking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)