SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

I don't think the golems needed extra members and I'm a huge fan of revisiting past families, but there's no way Drago and especially Eleki made more sense than a theoretical Regidark would have even if that idea is corny. There's so many ways to make that concept work, e.g. the fear of the worshippers or whatever, even shadows if we're saying there's a golem (tradiitionally made from hard, solid materials in mythology) made of electricity.

I definitely agree with your assessment.
The inspiration of the northern cardinal animal plays really heavily into the design too. Most people know it as Black Warrior or Black Tortoise, but the sign actually has a snake present as well; entwining with the tortoise, or sometimes as a tortoise-snake hybrid creature. And it was a symbol of reproduction. There was a belief that all snakes were male and all tortoises were female and had to mate together to reproduce. So much great lore here.
I just, well I just can't bring myself to love any of the genie designs frankly.

I don’t really buy into the “Ages” theory for the golems to begin with (ice ages have nothing to do with the historical apparatus of the Stone/Bronze/Iron Age epochs; it just makes it seem like fans don’t know what they’re talking about), so the inability to map Regieleki and Regidrago onto “Ages” isn’t really a problem for me. I kinda like that they’re oddballs who break from the pattern - it’s like Regigigas made the first three and then started to get weird ideas about where to go next lol

But Enamorus is cooler, I agree.

Last edited:
Alright. Now that the dust has settled some, I'm turning this into an Enamorus appreciation thread.

I'm stuck marveling at how cohesive she is compared to some other recent additions to the canon: Regidrago and Regieleki.

Bear with me. Think about the OG Hoenn Regi Trio. They have some strict commonalities and a theme they all share: their ability Clear Body, their weakness to Fighting-type damage, and their inorganic solid body compositions, to name a few that are relevant. They also map easily onto the Stone Age, Ice Age, and Iron Age respectively. Regigigas (Sinnoh) bucked all of these characteristics except the Fighting weakness, but he's the trio master. He gets to bend the rules some. He looks like he's made of ceramic, another golem-worthy solid, and he also has jewels that invoke the colors of his progeny and bolster their connection as creator and creation. He complements the Hoenn three.

Regidrago and Regieleki are just wrong. They're cool, but there is something seriously wrong about them. They don't share an ability with the others. They're not weak to Fighting. They're made of asspull materials like "dragon energy" or bioelectric organs. They're not represented in their creator's design, nor do they map onto any popular ages unless we reach for the Digital Age or the Dinosaur Age. Also, their names are gibberish against the raw simplicity of the others. It would have been so easy to design a Dark-type titan, give it Clear Body, call it Regidark, and say the Dark Ages are the missing piece of the puzzle. With all the strong themes they had going, the last member of the squad could have written itself. Instead we got these bizarre energy beings shoehorned into the family just by virtue of having the telltale seven eyes.

Enamorus is everything those two aren't. She is the "Regidark" of the cloud genies. She feels less like a slapdash addition to the trio and more like the missing piece that was there all along. It's well contended that their Therian forms are the Chinese cardinal symbols, but they've always been missing a tortoise. Likewise, one might speculate they are connected to the seasons or the Four Winds, but again... it never quite worked because there were only three of them. Until now. Enamorus completes the cloud genies. She is the fourth season, the fourth wind, and the missing tortoise all at once. She stays consistent with their motifs (except for the cheeky swap from Prankster to Healer), sports a devilishly clever name to boot, and arrives with fresh signature moves for all of them. The "force of love" concept is admittedly stupid, but I think there's enough else going on to excuse it.

It's shocking. It's inconceivable. It works. Those mustached palette swap screwballs from BW, who began their long redemption arc with the Dream Radar in B2W2, are now some of the coolest and most coherent Pokémon families in the whole freaking series. Like a hurricane, they've overtaken the Regis and a dozen other Legendaries in my estimation. They beat the odds. They saved themselves and vindicated a whole generation.

Thank you, genies of healthy meta. Also, thank Riddler Khu for making this leak cycle so... fun.

tl;dr
View attachment 400116
  • Regi because seven dot eyes for a face
  • Unprecedented new super-abilities
  • Off-theme monotypes
  • Bloats existing mythology
  • Disrupts existing themes
  • Hoards signature moves for clout
  • Sorry, but dragon is not an age nor a construction material.
View attachment 400111
  • Cloud genie with the right horns, tail, white mouth feature, etc.
  • On-theme abilities
  • On-theme dual type
  • Fills gap in existing mythology
  • Complements existing themes
  • Brings sig moves for the whole family
  • Sorry, but love is not a storm nor a force of nature.
Going to play devil's advocate here: Regieleki and Regidrago aren't as out of place as you think they are. For starters, you're taking the age thing too literally. Regieleki and Regidrago aren't based on the names of the ages, but the defining characteristics of those ages as a whole. The Dark Ages is a colloquial term for the Middles Ages, and what mythological creature started becoming really popular during the Middle Ages? The dragon. Regieleki, meanwhile, is most likely based on the Information Age, where technology began improving vastly. Usually technology is associated with metal, but there's already a Steel Regi, so GF went with the next best thing, the Electric type, which works due to these new technologies needing electricity to even be powered in the first place. It also makes sense that their material of origin isn't a solid and that they were "shoved into" the Regis's existing myth. They're extremely powerful beings who were sealed away and written out of the Regis's original lore due to their immense strength and the fear that they could hurt humans. And it makes sense that they have super-abilities instead of Clear Body. Their bodies aren't solid, so light can't reflect off of them. And once again, they're incredibly powerful and destructive, and Transistor/Dragon's Maw fits their lore. I will agree that it was dumb that the original three Regis didn't get new signature Abilities/moves when Eleki and Drago got them, but then again what would those sigs even be? :blobshrug:

If there is one thing I do love about both Eleki/Drago and Enamorus even if the latter's Incarnate design makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a Taco Bell spork is that they are showing that GameFreak isn't afraid anymore to add new members to old Legendary groups. I hope they continue to do this for following Generations. They could make new Legendary beasts, new Swords of Justice... hell, they could even take Legendaries who aren't in a group like Heatran and make a new group for them!

...ok now I'm getting off topic, the TLDR is that Eleki/Drago and Enamorus both fit into their respective groups, Eleki and Drago are just weirder and wackier about it while Enamorus is more traditional just like the games they were introduced in! who would've thought?

it’s like Regigigas made the first three and then decided to get weird ideas about where to go next lol
I really like this interpretation. Between that and Regidrago looking the way it does because Regigigas ran out of materials, it gives Regigigas some really interesting characterization. Arceus created the dragon trio and the lake trio because it's a creator deity. Regigigas created the golems because it just likes creating golems.

Regigigas is an artist.

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I really like this interpretation. Between that and Regidrago looking the way it does because Regigigas ran out of materials, it gives Regigigas some really interesting characterization. Arceus created the dragon trio and the lake trio because it's a creator deity. Regigigas created the golems because it just likes creating golems.

Regigigas is an artist.
I heard a theory (it was in French but I'll edit the link in if I find it) that was saying that the other Regis were not final forms, he was lacking of materials (similar to our real condition on earth) and couldn't finish to create them.

I heard a theory (it was in French but I'll edit the link in if I find it) that was saying that the other Regis were not final forms, he was lacking of materials (similar to our real condition on earth) and couldn't finish to create them.
This isn't a theory. It's literally canon. According to Regidrago's bio on the official SWSH website, Regigigas was building a giant dragon with the crystal dragon energy, but it ran out of energy and was only able to complete the dragon's head, which ended up becoming Regidrago.

Arceus created the dragon trio and the lake trio because it's a creator deity. Regigigas created the golems because it just likes creating golems.

Regigigas is an artist.
I like to think that Regigigas was lonely, spending all that time pulling the continents together on its own, so it created the Regis so that it could have some friends :psyglad:

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
This isn't a theory. It's literally canon. According to Regidrago's bio on the official SWSH website, Regigigas was building a giant dragon with the crystal dragon energy, but it ran out of energy and was only able to complete the dragon's head, which ended up becoming Regidrago.
Oh shoot, I wasn't aware of this but iirc they were talking about the others as well and had precise explanations for their design

I noticed going through the move descriptions that every move that previously sharply rose or lowered a stat does not make any distinction in the description compared to those that only move it 1 stage, and going through the indepth move data confirms that all these moves indeed only change the stat by 1 level now. What I do find a bit odd though is the grouping of "offenses" and "defenses" in these descriptions. This makes it sound like any move that previously lowered defense, for example, will now also lower special defense. However, the indepth move data doesn't really support this as far as I can tell. Take Flash Cannon. Internally, it still specifies special defense as the stat it drops. While it's possible that the reworked stat change system simply ignores this possibly vestigial data, existing moves like Swords Dance are changed in it, and more interestingly even the new moves have stats specified internally. Victory Dance and Take Heart, for example, both say they raise offenses and defenses, but internally Victory Dance is attack and defense while Take Heart is special attack and special defense. Now, it is worth noting that there's a second set of largely copied but truncated fields in this data, which might suggest that they changed the stat change system midway through development (and kept the original data since the conventional games would still use it). I couldn't find what stat would be dropped in this second set though - the first stat column was replaced by the healing amount, and the other two were copied from the first set (and thus would be missing the first, and only stat for many moves, that's modified). However, I think I found which stat is modified in the final unnamed column that seems to have been used for targeting of some kind in previous games:

AllyOrSelf
bulk up, victory dance, baby doll eyes, swords dance, mystical power, play rough

Ally
iron defense, shelter, acid armor, dark void, psyshield bash, headlong rush, close combat, crunch, liquidation, iron tail, rock smash, triple arrows

Opponent
take heart, nasty plot, calm mind, draco meteor, charge beam, leaf storm, overheat, moonblast, snarl, mystical fire, struggle bug

AllAdjacent
psychic, energy ball, seed flare, flash cannon, shadow ball, bug buzz, earth power, acid spray

All
springtide storm, ominous wind, silver wind, ancient power

...which based on what moves previously did seems pretty clearly to be Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Omniboost. So it still seems to be differentiating the offenses and the defenses. It also seems to be missing a column, since many of these should influence at least a second stat, like Calm Mind and Victory Dance. It's possible that in this missing column(s) is the other attack or defense stat it would now lower/raise, but I do want to point out it'd be weird to differentiate "omni" boosts from Calm Mind with how Legends says it works, since they'd be the same with no speed boosts and grouped offense/defense.

Anyways, all that is to say that I don't really know what the hell is going on internally here. For something a bit more clear, I noticed that most existing moves have buffed proc rates:
-Elemental Punches are now 30%
-Blizzard and Powder Snow have 30% frostbite
-Charge Beam and Acid Spray are only 50%
-Volt Tackle is 30%
-Moonblast is only 20%
-Ember and Flame Wheel are 30%
-Seed Flare is only 20%
-Tri Attack is 30%
-Iron Tail is only 20%
-Anything not listed above that was 10% is now 20%

I noticed going through the move descriptions that every move that previously sharply rose or lowered a stat does not make any distinction in the description compared to those that only move it 1 stage, and going through the indepth move data confirms that all these moves indeed only change the stat by 1 level now. What I do find a bit odd though is the grouping of "offenses" and "defenses" in these descriptions. This makes it sound like any move that previously lowered defense, for example, will now also lower special defense. However, the indepth move data doesn't really support this as far as I can tell.
I haven't really seen any footage of this to know for sure, but there are some mentions of status in the text dump that mention this universal offense/defense raising. Still pretty interesting to know that these moves still have some basis in the main game mechanics.
Power Boost
The Pokémon’s offensive stats are raised, boosting its Attack and Sp. Atk stats.
Power Drop
The Pokémon’s offensive stats are lowered, reducing its Attack and Sp. Atk stats.
Guard Boost
The Pokémon’s defensive stats are raised, boosting its Defense and Sp. Def stats.
Guard Drop
The Pokémon’s defensive stats are lowered, reducing its Defense and Sp. Def stats.
As for the duplicated fields, I'm pretty sure those are just supposed to be internally used by pknx (the game dump reader) and aren't present in similar move dumps from SWSH. We'll probably have to wait for the game to be analyzed further and Kaphotics's tool to be updated to get the whole picture eventually, but there's some pretty interesting stuff to be inferred still just from the descriptions and numbers we have.

It's looking like status is meant to be more commonly spread than 10%, yet also not too crazy and possibly temporary. Some new moves seem to be Hex clones, but even Venoshock has the generic description of doubling if the target has a status condition, so maybe in the classic games those moves would be equivalents to their own status.
1642731418440.png

EDIT:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u218EO04LgZG5IJdk-Y9rAVYWjUPWPXKwDXGllyX_Tg/edit#gid=0
I think this was posted earlier but someone made a colourful sheet of the moves (only in the game) with some basic accessible information and descriptions, as well as seeable type (guesses) and category. It's pretty neat, looking through I learned X-Scissor has high crit rate. Also just sorting through, Splash is the only 40 PP move left in the game, followed by False Swipe and Tackle at 30.

EDIT 2:
iron defense, shelter, acid armor, dark void
This made me notice Dark Void lowers defence and Shadow Force is 100/100 with the "likely to miss" description. Magma Storm has burn chance now which might be 100% based on the description and data. (612 = 512+100). Roar of Time and recharge moves lack the recharge in the description so I guess they're just like strong moves innately that would just lower your action speed.

Last edited:

Daki

❄️
Interesting note about the Unown: They aren't normal wild encounters all thrown into Solaceon Ruins. Instead they're now static encounter "collectibles" you find around the overworld in funny situations. Here's the screenshot of a friend's friend as an example:
View attachment 400139
It can be a good idea but I don't think that on the long run it's going to be a good thing unless you can avoid the encounters with an object or something

I don't think the golems needed extra members and I'm a huge fan of revisiting past families, but there's no way Drago and especially Eleki made more sense than a theoretical Regidark would have even if that idea is corny. There's so many ways to make that concept work, e.g. the fear of the worshippers or whatever, even shadows if we're saying there's a golem (tradiitionally made from hard, solid materials in mythology) made of electricity.
I rather they went in the opposite direction and made a new Regi trio of man made golems that are the antítesis of the oginial trio, all made of energy with barely any physical bodies. Make them based on contemporary technolgy and based on energy. Regileki can stay but add Regiheat/Reginferno (Fire) and Regiation (Poison) instead of Draco.

It's pretty neat, looking through I learned X-Scissor has high crit rate.
...Hey, that's new! Same for Dragon Claw. It looks like all slashing/cutting moves now have increased crit ratios, just like all pulse moves are now unable to miss. Makes sense, as a lot of cuttting/slashing moves (Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Poison) already had increased crit ratios, so why not finish the set?

I can't believe I somehow missed this last night I spent an hour combing through the move data

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)