Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
formula would be 29/497*100=5.83, alsoit should be easy to tell that is wrong, as 10% would be 49.7

also whats all this about random greencell being better than GOTHMON????

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
formula would be 29/497*100=5.83, alsoit should be easy to tell that is wrong, as 10% would be 49.7

also whats all this about random greencell being better than GOTHMON????
I love how one person posts a math mistake, and half a dozen people show up to correct that mistake and prove their mathematical superiority!

Anyway, I still can't fathom why ANYone would like lolligoth. I really can't. I mean, Rankurusu is like this cute alien-dude in ectoplasmic goo. WITH magic powers. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. And Gochiruzeru is... a messed-up doll thing? ...So my question is...

What's with all this about random gothdoll being better than GREENBLOB!?!?

I love how one person posts a math mistake, and half a dozen people show up to correct that mistake and prove their mathematical superiority!

Anyway, I still can't fathom why ANYone would like lolligoth. I really can't. I mean, Rankurusu is like this cute alien-dude in ectoplasmic goo. WITH magic powers. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. And Gochiruzeru is... a messed-up doll thing? ...So my question is...

What's with all this about random gothdoll being better than GREENBLOB!?!?
Hi.

How rude indeed! Gochiruzeru is like my favorite Pokemon thus far.

So much cooler than a demented blob of green.

Because one person isn't enough to correct a simply mistake. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.

Greenblob and Gothdoll are equal in my book. I want to hug both of them.

Because one person isn't enough to correct a simply mistake. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.

Greenblob and Gothdoll are equal in my book. I want to hug both of them.
its actually bad and show how the human feel superior by correcting others over and over.

you can hug them after i vomit on them. they can be cool but trash is trash regardless of how awesome it looks.

Shroomisaur

Gothic Togekiss, in my opinion, that's a bad thing about human nature. For some reason, people enjoy correcting others because it makes them feel superior. (and no, I'm not saying that everyone who correct that post is has a superiority complex, this is a generalization)

Good designs always cause controversy... I personally prefer the green blob :P
lol, this is true.
I don't mind Rankurusu, I just like Gochiruzeru better. :D
Hopefully you understood I was being rude for comedic effect :P

Honestly, the only reason why Gochiruzeru makes me nervous is because it's fodder for hentai... and we really don't need more of that.

Gothic Togekiss, in my opinion, that's a bad thing about human nature. For some reason, people enjoy correcting others because it makes them feel superior. (and no, I'm not saying that everyone who correct that post is has a superiority complex, this is a generalization)
Its actually bad and show how the human feel superior by correcting others over and over.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought of it that way. I can understand if one person corrects another's mistake but to have several people correcting the same problem is a bit much.

Honestly, the only reason why Gochiruzeru makes me nervous is because it's fodder for hentai... and we really don't need more of that.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I did manage to see one picture of Gochiruzeru in a more human-eqse form and I found it somewhat cute.

You can hug them after I vomit on them. They can be cool for I care but trash is trash regardless of how awesome it looks.
They not trash...they're unique. Ah who am I kidding, they're going to be NU due to GF fucking up with their stats. Seriously a possible 20 base speed for Greenblob with a possibility of having a crappy movepool to boot. The same fate could be said for Gothmon. Why the fuck does Gamefreak have to do such asspulls

at first i though i was in need of glasses. it took me 20 seconds to see the hidden message you put in there. yeah GF really fuck some things up but who knows? the trash might evolve into a bigger and more powerful trash.

edit:also i wont give links but a site i visit often already got hentai of all gen 5 pokes. yes even the green ghost thing. dont you dare to understimate the human pervert nature.

Filb.de now has the PS video up.
Clearer view of many things and some HP stats.

It seems there will be Single, Double and Triple Leaderboards.

-Munna: 146 HP at 50
-Meguroko: 125 at 50
-Rankurusu: 185 at 50
-Mamepato: 121 at 50
and a few others.

I knew it, we thought that the Rankurusu we saw was level 50, but the video puts its base HP stat at 110 (compared to the base 80 we thought). The other stats should be fairly higher, too. He could end up being seriously good.

That's assuming they use 31 IVs / 0 EVs Pokemon instead of randomly IV/EV'd Pokemon. It could be possible for them to be using random IV/EV Pokemon for their demo.

Shroomisaur

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of it that way. I can understand if one person corrects another's mistake but to have several people correcting the same problem is a bit much.

Yeah, that was what I was getting at when I first brought it up... just didn't want to sound accusatory.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I did manage to see one picture of Gochiruzeru in a more human-eqse form and I found it somewhat cute.

I think I know the picture you're talking about, and I felt the same way, I'm just worried about what Lucalibur posted below...

They not trash...they're unique.
Well now that we got this new stat info below it seems they might not be quite so terrible after all! PS I like secret messages!
edit:also i wont give links but a site i visit often already got hentai of all gen 5 pokes. yes even the green ghost thing. dont you dare to understimate the human pervert nature.
This is what I was worried about, I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's already out there (but even greenblob!?)

I knew it, we thought that the Rankurusu we saw was level 50, but the video puts its base HP stat at 110 (compared to the base 80 we thought). The other stats should be fairly higher, too. He could end up being seriously good.
Oooh yeah, that's a nice HP stat, and it means Rankurusu is full of potential because if I recall correctly, his SpA is even higher than his HP, so we're looking at 120+ base! Not to mention it should have good SpD and passable Def, along with Magic Guard for sure... things are looking good.
That's assuming they use 31 IVs / 0 EVs Pokemon instead of randomly IV/EV'd Pokemon. It could be possible for them to be using random IV/EV Pokemon for their demo.
True, but I'm assuming that they're 31 IV / 0 EV until I have reason to believe otherwise - that's how past Pokemon have appeared, correct?

I think this is pretty plausible-I'm almost sure that every single pokemon has a different HP stat (most are slightly different) in this footage than they do in the corresponding CoroCoro image.

Also, Belle's animation is realllllllllly weird looking o_O

EDIT: Oh, and since we haven't seen it before, Mamepato's base HP is 46 with 31 IV/0 EVs, or 61 with 0 IV/0 EVs.

even the greenblob and must i say. its quality stuff.

well look like the stats are not too bad but i will wait for the game to come out just to make sure the stats are correct.

And I'm busy trying to rip Cheren and Belle's sprites from PS. XD

And is it me, or does Wargle's Free-Fall prove either Chiramii has a bad Defense stat/Wargle has a nice Attack stat?

Also, Belle's animation is realllllllllly weird looking o_O
Indeed it is. She's pulling stuff out of her bag. I'm just ripping the sprite of her after she pulls out her hand out of her bag, though. I'm at least inferencing from that that Belle's probably a klutzy girl.

And is it me, or does Wargle's Free-Fall prove either Chiramii has a bad Defense stat/Wargle has a nice Attack stat?
my guess is chiramii gas a below average def stat and wargle has an above average attack stat, but niether ones respective stat is spectacular

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this has been posted already but on pokebeach, they have the clearer pics of Black and White from the coro coro and the picture with the two pink elephants and then the main character talking to the scientist infront of him, is that an evolution line of tsutaja standing next to him or something else.

Edit: At a second look it looks like a person, nvm sorry.

Shroomisaur

Or that Free-Fall has massive base power? There are so many factors that it probably proves nothing, but...

...it's probably a combination of all three, actually. Seeing as Chiramii is this generation's Ratatta, it's sure to have something like base 30 defense; and Wargle (hopefully) has a sky-high attack stat, along with a decently-powered STAB Free-Fall.

Good luck on the sprite ripping.

Also, thanks deluge for alerting us to this new info!

EDIT: I can confirm Gothic Togekiss' theory about the screenshot Pokes having random IVs/EVs. The video on filb.de shows Rankurusu with 185 HP instead of the 183 we see in Pokebeach's screenshot. So we can't call any base stats for sure just yet!

I don't know if this has been posted already but on pokebeach, they have the clearer pics of Black and White from the coro coro and the picture with the two pink elephants and then the main character talking to the scientist infront of him, is that an evolution line of tsutaja standing next to him or something else.
That's Belle. People keep mistaking her for a Pokemon for some reason (is it the green beret?), but that's definitely her.

She's a gothic lolita girl.
She has a pretty hairdo.
She is quite tall.
She is like a chocolate multi-layered cake with ribbons.
She's in Pokémon Black (Omg, Reshiram!)
She's a celestial body Pokémon, what fancier species name can you have?

cheramii isnt this generations ratatta, thats the gopher thingy, cheramii's pokedex number is around 80, making him this gens pikachu

pokebeach said:
With regards to the Pokemon Global Link website, to get an Eeveelution to transfer to Black and White, you need to play a "Pokemon Labyrinth" mini-game. Depending on how far you progress in the game will determine the Eeveelution you receive.
did anyone see this? discuss

Or that Free-Fall has massive base power? There are so many factors that it probably proves nothing, but...

...it's probably a combination of all three, actually. Seeing as Chiramii is this generation's Ratatta, it's sure to have something like base 30 defense; and Wargle (hopefully) has a sky-high attack stat, along with a decently-powered STAB Free-Fall.

Good luck on the sprite ripping.

Also, thanks deluge for alerting us to this new info!

EDIT: I can confirm Gothic Togekiss' theory about the screenshot Pokes having random IVs/EVs. The video on filb.de shows Rankurusu with 185 HP instead of the 183 we see in Pokebeach's screenshot. So we can't call any base stats for sure just yet!
Chiramii isn't the RAttata. It's number 78 in the Isshu dex, that's way too high.

Shroomisaur

Good gravy, here comes the correction squad again!

The Pokedex number does not matter, and it's irrelevant to my point whether it's like Pikachu or Rattata! My point was that Chiramii is likely this generation's Ratatta (or Pikachu if you prefer) STAT-wise, nothing more. Thus, it probably has terrible defense. So we can't say if Wargle is powerful or not at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)