Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Let's just not restart once again the Flareon mourning, please. Not being rude, it's just that we have gone over it at least a dozen times in this thread.

Skill Swap works just fine on Slaking; it's just not a good idea. Your Skill Swap user then has to switch out or loaf next turn. Gastro Acid is far preferable.

It's Worry Seed that doesn't work on a Pokémon that has Truant.
EDIT: Oh, I see. It seems I had it mixed up.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm almost sure TheMaskedNitpicker had reported in this very same thread a few dozen pages ago Skill Swap does not work on Slaking.
Skill Swap works fine on Slaking; it's just not a good idea. Your Skill Swap user then has to switch out or loaf next turn. Gastro Acid is far preferable.

Flareon already has Fake Tears...

Flareon also cries real tears at probably being left behind for yet another generation as its siblings get more new tricks and cool toys while it still doesn't have a decent physical STAB.
Well if by "decent physical stab" you mean Flare Blitz, I don't think it's going anywhere with that.
I mean, Entei already got Flare Blitz... It just dies too fast, in my opinion.
And Flareon is too slow to make use of the move anyway

I don't know if it's been said, but for an ancient relic duo, a Baghdad Battery would be EPIC. Rock/Electric, with Levitate.

Other options. . . none. Now demanding a Baghdad battery.
Agreed that is an awesome idea and the typing hasn't been done yet either. None that I can think of right now anyway.

Well if by "decent physical stab" you mean Flare Blitz, I don't think it's going anywhere with that.
I mean, Entei already got Flare Blitz... It just dies too fast, in my opinion.
And Flareon is too slow to make use of the move anyway
Arcanine will outclass it anyways, but for us who LOVE :heart: Eeveelutions, having one that isn't going to let you win by your opponent fainting from a laugh, would be cool.!

Arcanine will outclass it anyways, but for us who LOVE :heart: Eeveelutions, having one that isn't going to let you win by your opponent fainting from a laugh, would be cool.!
Yeah Arcanine would still outclass it, but at least Flareon has NU to work with. Right now its best set there is the support set, and doesn't even use its 130 base attack. Hopefully we can catch Eeveelutions in the Dream World that know special moves. I'm not sure what the others would get, but Flareon should get Flare Blitz there.

I thought Desukan was confirmed to ge Ghost/Rock. <stuff about sandstorm goes here>
Rock/Ghost would be epic for sandstorm teams, true, and it would work well in that respect. other than that, I personally prefer Ground as a typing. Frankly I just like Ground types more than Rock types, and personally I associate Egypt (and Sarcophagi, for that matter) Ground typing. I wouldn't complain if we got Rock/Ghost though

Haha, the flying fluffball really is epic :D
I fucking LOVE this thing! I'm happy that the heart thing is a nose, and not an eye. I probably wouldn't have liked it if it was an eye. I can't wait to see it's evolution (which I assume/hope it will get)

Ancient relics would be kinda cool for fossils. Speaking of fossils, I fail to see why every single fossil poke is part Rock. I mean I know it's a fossil but was the thing REALLY a Rock when it was alive? And I miss the whole third fossil thing they had in pokemon blue.
they probably do some Bug/Water type Fossil Pokemon, which would be epic and would make sense. Rock just sort of makes sense as a Fossil Pokemon typing if you ask me. back when the Pokeworld was young there were probably less types in general (I'm sure Ice types didn't exist until the Ice age, for example. not to mention Steel types.), and I would assume Rock would be a prominent one that Pokemon had. there's a reason AncientPower is a Rock type move, you know.

breh

強いだね
back when the Pokeworld was young there were probably less types in general (I'm sure Ice types didn't exist until the Ice age, for example. not to mention Steel types.), and I would assume Rock would be a prominent one that Pokemon had. there's a reason AncientPower is a Rock type move, you know.

The (admittedly lackluster) Bastiodon would like to have a work with you.

Yeah Arcanine would still outclass it, but at least Flareon has NU to work with. Right now its best set there is the support set, and doesn't even use its 130 base attack. Hopefully we can catch Eeveelutions in the Dream World that know special moves. I'm not sure what the others would get, but Flareon should get Flare Blitz there.
Arcanine might not outclass Flareon if it got flare blitz.. while the little firefox does have absolutely terrible defenses, it has wish, curse, baton pass, and heal bell over arcanine... Wish and heal bell are the main victories here, as I could see it running something like FB/Wish/Heal Bell/Protect

New types of pokemon I want:
Grass/steel
Grass/dragon
Ghost/rock
Grass/fire

I would also like a few more grass/rock types.

I would also like to see some fossils that have different typing other then rock please.

4 words regarding Flareon:
Physical Fire Quick Attack.

Regarding typings:
Sandstorm teams (and that means MY team) really need a Ghost that resists Sandstorm. The dream combination would be Ghost/Steel|Levitate but I don't think we'll get that. Rock/Ghost is awesome, though. I also highly appreciate every Pokemon getting Magic Guard.
Also, I'd like to see the long awaited Dark/Steel. Also, I hope they'll give the Water/Ground and Grass/Ground typings another try.

correction: CAP made a bunch of broken things that ruin the standard metagame more then help. good thing its only on the CAP server.

yeah a ghost/steel would be cool as long it was not anything like dusknoir(massive defenses) and lack of levitate, or else it would be a massive pain to kill.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
correction: CAP made a bunch of broken things that ruin the standard metagame more then help. good thing its only on the CAP server.

yeah a ghost/steel would be cool as long it was not anything like dusknoir(massive defenses) and lack of levitate, or else it would be a massive pain to kill.
Ugh, finally, someone who calls CAP like it is. Some of the designs are nice, but every one of them is ruined by absolutely absurd stats and movepools (and occasionally unique unbalanced moves and abilities too).

Actually, I think the idea of Ghost/Steel would be to make it a pain to kill. Give it Dusknoir-esque stats and you'd have one heck of a wall. Hopefully it'd have low-ish attacking stats though to balance it out, as well as no Levitate, maybe something different like Clear Body.

I really dislike everyone clamoring for Levitate on ANY new Pokemon that has Ground weak... there are far too many Pokemon with this ability already, not to mention actually Flying types.

there are four water/ground pokemon I dont think we need any more of that typing. More grass/ground would be cool.
Yeah, I know about that. I hope, they evolve, though. I think Swampert is so boring. Quagsire has so interesting abilities but subpar stats. Whishcash has a very interesting moves and a nice ability, but again, lacks the stats. Same goes for Gastrodon. I'd be so happy about a Quagsire or Whishcash evo. =)

Also: Yeah, Grass/Ground has awesome potential, but it needs to be fast. Thus, Torterra sucks, sadly...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Skill Swap works fine on Slaking; it's just not a good idea. Your Skill Swap user then has to switch out or loaf next turn. Gastro Acid is far preferable.

One serious advantage that Skill Swap has over Worry Seed though is that it's found on more "VGC Viable" pokemon than Gastro Acid. Not that anyone in their right mind would use it, but... it's there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)