Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cynthia's team still caps at the mid-60s iirc. So no, Lance's still pretty weak, but the jump did make seem less pathetic.
He's talking about the rematches.

And no, Cynthia still is the strongest, with her lv78 Garchomp. Lance packs quite the punch, though, having three 600 BST pokémon.

Magic0722, try heading back and visiting the Kimono girls - Serebii thinks there may be some correlation. According to pre-release info, they play a big role, and they havn't really done anything yet.

EDIT: Karen's revamp looks great.

It's not a particularly hard game by any means, but along with my resources, which can be found here, I've started work on an illustrated walkthrough, which begins here. Sorry I'm a bit slow, I've been busy today with irl stuff.
Thanks that will be of help. I'll begin my game now.

Oh my, Karen got a great sprite!

I'll comment my experience later.

Well, according to Pokebeach, Lance's team has levels 68-75

Ah, beaten to the punch already... Fast board is fast.
I'm just gonna say this now. Pokebeach revealed the rebattled version of Lance's Dragonite as Lv 75. Well The rebattled version of Cynthia's Garchomp is lv 78. Not only that but Lances team compared with Cynthia's team just screams not gonna win. lol.

Red's Team... is interesting, it has changed...

Lv.88 Pikachu, Lv.80 Lapras, Lv.82 Snorlax, Lv.84 Charizard, Lv.84 Venusaur, Lv.84 Blastoise.

Firstly, higher levels. Secondly, Espeon to Lapras. Thirdly, his team is now a fully evolved version of his Orange Islands team from the show, and also contains what is 100% the highest level team in the game ever. Aside from lv100 Magikarp in RBY, all of Red's team is equal or higher than Arceus, the former highest lv in the game. Red could be hard to take down, especially if his Pikachu has a Light Ball...

Lv.88 Pikachu, Lv.80 Lapras, Lv.82 Snorlax, Lv.84 Charizard, Lv.84 Venusaur, Lv.84 Blastoise.

Firstly, higher levels. Secondly, Espeon to Lapras. Thirdly, his team is now a fully evolved version of his Orange Islands team from the show, and also contains what is 100% the highest level team in the game ever. Aside from lv100 Magikarp in RBY, all of Red's team is equal or higher than Arceus, the former highest lv in the game. Red could be hard to take down, especially if his Pikachu has a Light Ball...
I HOPE TO GOD ITS GOT A LIGHT BALL!!!!!!

That team follows the logic of Pkmn Yellow, Red having Pikachu (starter, so i hope with light ball), three Kanto starters and Snorlax and Lapras which are rare in that game (only two wild Snorlax and 1 Lapras you get at Silph). So very classic indeed :). I ike his sprite too!

I've got mixed feelings about these sprites. They seem to be in a new style which is... interesting. Although it looks odd since the other sprites are from platinum (I think) so it looks kinda inconsistent.
Some of them a great; Charizard, Scyther, Dragonite, Gengar, Gyarados, Steelix... but some of them are a bit off. Pinsir looks wierd, his arms look too long. Muk looks too fluid (and his 2nd frame looks really pissed off). Feraligatr looks cool but waaay too bright. Magmar's disappoints me, like every sprite of him this generation. Also Gyarados' second frame face looks hilarious.
I think I like them overall though.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDqkPQfSAw

Lance/Red battle theme. Simple and concise, sounds good to me.

That team follows the logic of Pkmn Yellow, Red having Pikachu (starter, so i hope with light ball), three Kanto starters and Snorlax and Lapras which are rare in that game (only two wild Snorlax and 1 Lapras you get at Silph). So very classic indeed :). I ike his sprite too!
No. It's based on first gen as a whole; have you forgotten Pikachu is the mascot of the series, and Yellow is just a fanservice game?

Where is Giovanni found anyway?
No one knows yet, but I guess he's aboard the SS Aqua.

Find the Kimono Girls and battle them. According to Pokebeach you need to defeat them and catch Ho-oh/Lugia to advance.
Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)