Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Coming at you with this Hoopa-C the Hoopa-U reject Choice Spam team outta nowhere. Figured I'd make this seeing as Hoopa-U's probably going to get banned, judging by all the Stall players who'll/have got reqs. I was going to do a Slurp team but that also had Hoopa-C so I figured why not just submit that Hoopa-C team I made not too long ago because Hoopa-C is criminally underrated in the suspect meta imo. It's great in the suspect meta and isn't U-turn bait like Hoopa-U. Of course that's literally all it has over Unbound so it's unranked for a reason. Not expecting to win 'cause this team's probably shit, but I figured I'd submit this anyways I've not done a team for this comp in ages and also because

Mandatory Fancy Team Graphics so you don't want to gouge your eyes out trying to imagine the team in your head:

Were u surprised? (Hoopa) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Scald intensifies (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Lefties=Calgon (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Smogonlion (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

phat wingz (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
EVs: 72 HP / 36 SpA / 148 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

the wishmaker (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

As you can see, I added in the standard Niadev(tm) approved Quality Nicknames.

I started off with Specs Hoopa-C, Modest because 70 base speed really isn't much, even max invested, and Modest Specs Hoopa-C hits about as hard as Specs Hoopa-U with a Timid nature but is complete pursuit bait - Even 40 BP Pursuit's knocking this thing out lol. TBolt for Mandibuzz, the team doesn't have the pressure to break the Fat Vulture without it

Basically it's Hoopa-C + 2 defensive Pivots, AKA typical Hoopa-U BO core with Hoopa-C. Rotom-W and Landot are the two pivots, with Landot setting rocks like nobody's business and U-turning out. The core shits on most common physical attackers, with Landot taking on virtually every physical attacker bar Weavile/other ice types on and Rotom-W hard countering TFlame. Keldeo complements Hoopa nicely because it counters most common pursuit trappers, and Hoopa counters most of Keldeo's counters (bar like Knock Off MVenu or some heat Physical MVenu set I don't know about). Keldeo also beats Weavile semireliably, which can be pretty damn threatening if left unchecked, as well as forcing MSable out with the sheer power of Specs Hydro so Lando can set rocks. They're also ludicrously good wallbreakers as well (name one Keldeo counter not named a bulky grass type, fat water not hit neutrally by SS, or MLatias), and they pretty much shit on stall together because FUCK STALL. Match made in heaven imo

The next two went through a bit of shuffling, I started off with MMeta+Tornt, then MSciz+Latias with investment to live a single +2 Serp DPulse after rocks, but I finally settled on Jirachi+MLatias. MLatias gives me a rare counter to Keldeo, who can be a bit of a threat to the team (Hoopa only checks it onceish, Rotom's not that fantastic at switching in on SS despite defensive investment, and Keldeo doesn't counter itself) and is just freaking fat. I don't know what the standard BoltBeam Lati spread is, so I just took the Calm Mind spread from Smogon and replaced CM with Defog (without Defog I get shat on by Spikes stacking stall) and the two STABS with BoltBeam. It gives me an answer to a good number of threats and can threaten offensive teams significantly with BoltBeam. ScarfRachi the Cheese Lord lets me switch in on Serp once or twice and flinch it to death and lets me revive a weakened 'mon with Healing Wish. Finally, U-turn gives me another pivot and a way to threaten Latis after switching in. It also lets me cheese my way through stall in a pinch.

I don't have much in the way of replays atm, may update it later if I feel like laddering. I've given up on getting reqs lol, that and I'm way too lazy (and not good enough) :P

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

I had a couple teams with unranked Pokemon sitting around, but I decided to build a new one with Noivern. While Noivern faces a lot of competition from Latios and especially Tornadus-T without its niche of outspeeding Greninja, a couple of its sets still hold valuable niches. This Specs set for instance differentiates itself a lot from Torn, having a powerful and reliable secondary STAB in Draco Meteor as well as Switcheroo to cripple Skarmory, Chansey, Tyranitar and others. I think U-turn + Switcheroo is the best combination on it so that it minimizes its chances of losing momentum, especially against Stall. Noivern also acts as one of my checks to Keldeo and Serperior.

Mega Heracross and Band Victini act as a wallbreaking core for this team and put a lot of pressure on physical walls. Their resistances are also useful, with Heracross checking Sand as a whole, Bisharp and Breloom among others, while Victini checks Mega Charizard Y, Mega Medicham and Fairies.

I chose to use Scizor for Defog since I needed its resistances, being my only real check to Mega Diancie and Weavile, as well as acting as a backup check to other Fairies and Psychic types. Chose Occa Berry to tank an HP Fire or Flamethrower from a Fairy should I run into one, but Leftovers and Shed Shell also work fine on it.

Rhyperior checks Zard X, Mega Pinsir and Talonflame mainly and gets Stealth Rock up. I felt that the team preferred the ability to have a Rock attack + Toxic over reliable recovery, so I thought Rhyperior was a slightly better choice here.

Nasty Plot Thundurus-I brings much-needed speed to the team so that Noivern isn't pressured, acts as a more reliable win condition than Mega Heracross and soft checks Keldeo, Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir and Tornadus.

Looking at the past few teams, I decided to take a different approach when choosing a Pokemon not ranked on the viability thread. I came up with Linoone and thought it would be a really cool Pokemon to use getting access to Belly Drum and Extreme Speed to clean up easily, and it actually has a great movepool as well. I started off with Linoone and decided to add Diancie-Mega and Tangrowth as partners. Diancie is so good in the current metagame at the moment, being able to check birds such as Talonflame and Pinsir-Mega well, able to deny hazards, all while having a good speed tier and hitting incredibly hard. Tangrowth was added to the mix due to the Keldeo weakness just from the two Pokemon as I would lack a decent switch in to it. Tyranitar came up next due to its ability to set up Stealth Rocks, Pursuit trap Pokemon such as Latias and Latios and can lure in Landorus-Therian or Garchomp and hit it with Ice Beam. Latios gave me another solid Keldeo switch in while being able to remove any hazards that may get on my side that I cannot guaranteed to block with Diancie-Mega such has Landorus-Therian. At this point, I first decided to use Choice Banded Terrakion but after a few matches I had a lot of trouble with bulky grass Pokemon such as Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, and Ferrothorn. I decided to add Assault Vest Metagross as it gives me a decent answer for Amoonguss and Venusaur. At this point I just gave Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire over Ice to be able to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor when switching in on those two to compensate for Metagross' inability to deal with Steel types that don't take as much damage from Earthquake such as Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Gunk Shot

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Starting off with Linoone, the EVs allow Linoone to outspeed standard Tank Garchomp and allow it to hit with Play Rough after Belly Drum due to Extreme Speed failing to KO at +6. I decided to use Gunk Shot here to allow Linoone to hit Unaware Clefable, giving it a good chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage. Standard Assault Vest Tangrowth to switch into Keldeo consistently and Diancie-Mega to be able to check birds effectively and hit back with either Diamond Storm or force them out giving me a free turn to work with. Assault Vest Metagross giving me Lati@s switch ins while also being able to do well against certain bulky grass type Pokemon. Latios having Earthquake to lure in Heatran which forces a good portion of my team to switch out and Support Tyranitar to..well y'know, support.

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 168 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / remaining whatever / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Taunt
- Toxic

Team Description: Regular Tank Diance is an underused mon IMO. Rock/Fairy has some very common weaknesses in Ground/Water/Grass/Steel, but you have some really nice resistances that make you an excellent counter to damn near every flying type out there (taking sub 20% from Mega Pidgeot is a great feeling). Your hefty base 150 defenses go a long way to compensating for you trash base 50 HP too. Checks Zards, loads of special attackers (Mega Diance, Mega Gard, etc.), and is generally a fat nuisance.

What mons synergize well with Diance? PhysDef Tangrowth (soaks up Ground and Steel attacks, checking and countering things like Lando-T, Bisharp, and Azumarill, while Diance laughs off Fire/Flying/Ice attacks from anything that's not Kyurem-B with Earth Power/Iron Head) and Mixed Defensive CM Slowking (win-con for this team versus things like Suicune, also helps Diance with checking Gardevoir and other miscellaneous special attackers and helps Tangrowth with checking Mega Medicham and Metagross). Those two Regenerator mons on their own form a fairly solid core. Tangrowth is packing Sleep Powder to nail switchins like Thundurus, Mega Zards, Kyurem, and miscellaneous special attackers. Great utility move in conjunction with Knock Off.

Now for my SR setter: Defensive TankChomp with 16 speed EVs (outspeed Jolly Tyranitar and below), with enough SpDef to help check Zard Y better. Standard set, and does what it needs to do. Also provides a secondary BirdSpam check, and in conjunction with Tangrowth, the dual Rocky Helmet chip damage tends to obliterate physical cores not carrying Ice Punch. Can probably replace this with SpDef Hippo to deal with electric types better.

Next, we got the duo of HP/Max Speed Tran and bulky Sub Mega Heracross. Type synergy between the two is nice, and Tran's goal is to wall things like Clefable (Taunt helps with the 1v1, although you can swap it out for Flash Cannon if you want) and force out Scizor/Skarm/Ferro and such. Toxic/Protect lets you be super, super annoying, and the surprise Protect factor is great versus Mega Lopunny and Medicham, who normally outspeed you anyways and often just go straight for the HJK and lose 50% (letting Diance then take them on with ease). Max Speed is nice so you can outrun Adamant Drill and Breloom and things like that, while Max HP lets you eat up Draco Meteors from the Latis without too much trouble. Bulky Mega Heracross is a great set, and I've put an explanation down below, but basically you trade speed for bulk (exact same attack stat as the standard Smogon spread), and get to do things like live a LO Latios Psyshock (Draco does less), beat LO Sand Rush Excadrill that's already at +2, not care about ScarfTar (and set up on it if it's locked into Crunch), and do other very fun things. Bulky Mega Heracross also serves to soften things up and can easily blow past teams once fast special attackers and Lando-T are removed.

Threats: Kyurem-B and Tail Glow Manaphy are the biggest threats. If they carry Iron Head, Kyurem can muscle past Diance (with LO Earth Power too), and generally Mega Heracross can revenge kill it, but Kyurem-B can just switch out. TG Manaphy is probably the bigger threat, since Slowking can check it vaguely and you can use Heatran to Toxic/Protect stall it for 2 or so turns, but in general, TG Manaphy has a field day with slow fat teams like this. Mega Manectric is also annoying for this team since I have no electric immunities sans Garchomp, which does not like HP Ice (SpDef Hippo does not care about electrics, will try it out). Hoopa also obliterates this team....but if you have a slower team, that's Hoopa for you.

Tank Diance Set detailed explanation here. If you don't carry super effective coverage as a special attacker, you lose.

Bulky Sub Mega Heracross set detailed explanation here. I dumped the Speed EVs into Defense since I didn't feel like I need to worry about Rotom-W too much anyways, and the extra physical bulk is actually quite nice to make your sub never break against Defensive Lando-T Stone Edge and things like that.

Other sets are fairly standard.

~1600 replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-357889231
~1650 replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-359211456

Last edited:

bigger bird (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

fat rat (Linnone) @ Salac Berry
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

scrub-a-dub (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

big bird (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

doge (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

tickle me elmo (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

so at first i was just going to watch in awe as wonderful unranked mons were being posted on mostly viable teams, but i stg Linoone wouldn't stop calling out to me since it's so cool. so i made a team for it and Terrakion. i'm not really agreeing with your moveset since Play Rough and Gunk Shot aren't needed at all since you break Clefable and Mega Altaria at +6 with Extreme Speed easily and Play Rough seems kinda filler. Seed Bomb and Shadow Claw are the way to go since you get walled to break by Ghosts and Quagsire curb stomps you. Kinda weird how I'm nitpicking a shitty mon, but oh well. I started with Linoone and tried the best I could to patch up it's flaws. I specifically went with Salac Linoone since being at +6 Atk and +1 Speed is just fantastic IF it can even setup in the course of the match. I went with a somple max / max since it's frail asf and this is OU, you need all the speed you can get. First I added Mega Aerodactyl since it's excellent speed, coverage, and Pursuit Trapping all in one mon was a nice start to support it as best as possible, which isn't much either. I decided to be creative-er and add the most generic pivots Rotom-W and Torndaus-T since they're the best pivots in OU and bring the necessary bulk needed for Linoone. I'm so good. The last two slots were dedicated to a Stealth Rock setter, preferably a Steel-type for the Lati's so Air Balloon + Lava Plume Heatran is literally fire and I wanted a really reliable wincon and seeing how things like Mega Lopunny, Garchomp, and Mega Metagross pressured me to hell and back I added DD Landorus-T since it's scary and brought excellent defensive as well as offensive presence. It's weak to Bisharp, KyuB, and Weavile but this is probably as good as a Linoone team will get
Stated for Unaware Clef as G. Shot has a good chance to 2HKO after SR. And I also said Play Rough was for Garchomp as Extreme Speed fails to OHKO which hence the Speed EVS to hit 264 Speed to outspeed standard Tank Chomp. And Gengar still can't switch into Linoone. Quagsire is your only valid argument. I build my teams and you build yours :^)

Feel free to take this off MrAldo if you feel the need to. I just felt the need to get my point across again since it couldn't be seen in the OP.

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 216-254 (83.3 - 98%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 304-358 (72.9 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: Forgot one calc.

252+ Atk Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 170-200 (43.2 - 50.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

So I built this team around Durant because with Hustle and its good speed tier, Durant easily terrorizes many of the pokemon that it outspeeds as long as it actually hits. I've been back and forth on LO and Band, but overall I decided on LO Hone Claws to use as a deadly wallbreaker while also alleviating accuracy issues caused by Hustle in case I get the opportunity to set up. The main partner for Durant and the secondary focus of this team is M-Sceptile. Sceptile is a great partner for Durant, being able to easily handle anything faster than Durant. The set is AoA with Rock Slide as a nice Torn/Talon lure, as it 2HKO's LO Torn with this spread (148 Atk EV's 2HKO's standard AV Torn if you want to pump that many EV's into Attack) and has a chance to OHKO Talon as well. The set is pretty standard otherwise, and Sceptile is also nice due to the giant increase in Rotom usage as of late, which Sceptile takes full advantage of.

My partners are Rotom-Wash to help alleviate the giant bird weakness the original core has, as well as being able to provide T-Wave support over Will-O-Wisp because I feel paralysis is more preferred for this team. And Stallbreaker Heatran with rocks to improve my matchup against defensive teams. LO Tornadus is here to really be a pain to the enemy team while alleviating the team of weaknesses to pokemon like Fighting types, for example. And rounding off the team is SD Salac Garchomp; I'm running Endure over Sub because while Sub is nice, I felt during testing that the ability to get the speed boost on mons like +1 Zard-X was very valuable with Endure, and it provides the team with another wincon. Overall a fun team that I'm glad came out looking pretty decent, despite some weaknesses here and there, such as Weavile which can be a giant pain to the team, but hey no team's perfect, lol.
Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Edit: Changed item on Tran to Chople because Low Kick Weavile actually 6-0's lol

Last edited:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

So I just noticed that TURBODERP is using normal Diancie, but I chose it by myself to fit the needs of the team before I am even saw his post. On to the team. I made a Charizard-X offense revolved around Charizard sweeping. Keldeo is there to beat things like bulky grounds which Charizard-X appreciates. Also functions as my dark resist for Bisharp which beats Diancie. It beats things like Chansey, p2, and Sableye which can be seriously troubling for Charizard-X. Specs to poke holes through teams. Then I chose Latios for hazard control and to switch-in to Keldeo. Beats grass types like Amoongus and Venusaur. Band Weavile looked like an interesting addition after I first saw ABR stall. Beats things like Breloom, Starmie, Tornadus, Latis, Hoopa, and 2HKO's Tangrowth. Now the underdoge, Diancie. Diancie was added for rocks, heal bell support, and amazing bulk and it's ability to beat birds. Good check to non Iron Head Weavile and non Earthquake Zard. Finally Tangrowth was added to patch up weaknesses to Azumarill, water types in general, electrics, and a majority of physical attackers due to it's amazing physical defense.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aw man, I had a kickass stall team built for this round :[
Yay! Looks like I'll get to post it after all!

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Rest

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 196 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

I actually built this team around the Slowbro + Mandibuzz core for the last round, but since I used Doublade, it fits this week's theme too! Evidently it's a stall team, but my goal when making it was for it not to be weak to all of the stuff that stall is usually weak to. Hopefully I did an alright job :3

Doublade is great on stall, since it can reliably counter so many of its threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Togekiss, Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross. Gyro Ball hits fast Pokemon pretty hard, and I gave Doublade Pursuit to trap Latis, which are otherwise difficult for the rest of the team to handle. Toxic is to punish bulkier Pokemon like Rotom-W that can otherwise come in on Doublade freely. Rest is about the only way Doublade has to stay healthy.

CM Mega Slowbro is a nice win condition and a good check to Keldeo as well as physical attackers like Charizard X, Excadrill, Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. Tbh I only made it Mega Slowbro because I had no other Mega, but the extra physical bulk and boost in power can be very helpful in some situations.

Mandibuzz complements both Doublade and Slowbro nicely, being able to switch in on Dark and Ghost type moves aimed at them from the likes of Hoopa-U, Gengar and Alakazam. It also clears away hazards with Defog and Knocks Off items to make it easier to whittle down troublesome Pokemon like Heatran and Rotom-W.

Being very weak to electric types like Mega Manectric and in need of a rocks setter, I decided to add Hippowdon next. Stone Edge was chosen in the final slot to hit Flying types like Dragonite and Thundurus that could otherwise set up on Hippowdon.

Strong special attackers like Charizard Y were now looking like a threat, and I didn't have a solid answer for Manaphy yet. I also needed a cleric, so I chose CM Blissey as it ticked all the boxes and even has the potential to do some real damage with Hyper Voice after a few boosts. Rotom-W, Defensive Starmie, Mega Venusaur and other bulky Pokemon that would otherwise wall my team are set up fodder for Blissey, who beats them all 1v1.

LOL what's a Keldeo doing slapped on the end of a stall team? Yeah I know Keldeo probably seems odd here, but it patched up the rest of the team's weaknesses nicely. Crawdaunt, Mega Gyarados, Mega Scizor, Bisharp, Weavile and Tyranitar are all major threats that Keldeo can handle reliably. It's also a solid answer for Stallbreaker Heatran and Stallbreaker Mew. I chose the Rest-Talk set and gave it some bulk for better longevity, but still enough speed to outrun fast Garchomp.

tl;dr It's Doublade Stall with a random Keldeo because I'm bad

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Oh I built something to.
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
I'm still working on this on my down time but I wanted to try Steelix since it seemed like a rocker that wasn't boned by Clefable unlike every other rocker more or less in the tier. EVs are probably all screwed up but w/e. theurbandear suggested Sub / glare serp over sub seed after some tests to offset the offense matchup and it's been doing well. Band Azu as a wall-breaker and to make the matchup against sand not total garbage. Torn-T helps pressure fat grasses that annoy the team, Mega Venusaur being a big one. Flamethrower Clef seemed more appropriate to not be a total liability to Scizor, Ferro, and Skarm switch ins. Uh don't vote for this team lol just felt like sharing.

100% BLUE

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Toxic (this lets u break unaware, amnesia is used for offense)/ Amnesia
- Rest
- Waterfall

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Rash Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Incinerate
- Thunder Wave

Snorlax @ Chople Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Seed Bomb
- Body Slam
call this team based jesus i used to get 1850 like 5 months ago. fucking cash shit with that steelix to wall everything. curse wailord is the based god. set up the amnesia and start going downtown with curse. taunting mews? i got oblivious for you and your pink ass. chople berry 4 attack kyurem-b is the new metagame bluffing scarf like a god then nuking your opponent with the coverage. your opponent thought it was smart to bring clef in aye? gone and thundy and wailord free to sweep the rest of your sorry ass team. latios is 3 attacks defog with hidden power [fire] to break those ferrothorns and scizors. thundurus with grass knot is always nice, but incinerate lets you burn those scizors for 100% accuracy. your opponent thinks ill miss this blast on their ferro? hell no. snorlax is there to boost up and win. chople berry because that is godly. 100% loses to amoonguss stall, but i peaked back then because people were idiots and ran amoongluss stall back in the day.

Last edited:

What does anybody have for a well played...

So I used a rather questionable method when it came to choosing my unranked Pokemon to build around/with. I decided, quite foolishly, to use a random name chooser with the ranked Pokemon filtered out to create a shortlist of 3 Pokemon which I could choose from. Of the 3, Beartic was the only one who had any sort of merit whatsoever (for those curious I simply refused to build around Slugma or Deerling) so here I am.

Clearly the obvious route to go with Beartic is rain as it is otherwise completely useless, so my first step was Politoed. Now, Beartic's main merit lies in his interesting coverage which is good for breaking past water resists, notably Ferrothorn and, a usually awkward one to handle, Keldeo with Play Rough. I originally had SD in the last slot but after some test games, found it useless so I replaced it with Aqua Jet which has proven to be slightly more useful. My next step was to add the rain sweeper that benefits the most from the aforementioned water resist's termination: Kabutops who is a very potent sweeper. Then I rounded off my rain sweeper trio with Ludicolo as I was lacking means to hit certain water types and I needed a more solid Ferro check. Tornadus-T finds its way onto so many rain teams these days and is actually useful outside of rain so I saw no reason not to include it here. Finally, I rounded off the team with the ever-effective U-Turn Mega Scizor who helps with pivoting between my rain setter and rain sweepers.

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no sd kekturne? lemme solve that!!!!

Cacturne (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
This was a pretty cool team that I made, focusing around the offensive core of SD kekturne+Mega Camel. Basically the only things that can pivot into mega camel safely on offense are rotom-w and lati@s. Cacturne's max speed set outspeeds standard rotom and bodies it with seed bomb while sucker wrecks latios. Clef was added since it's a really fucking annoying blanket check to everything ever, it spreads twave, and is a cool wincon that can help out the team. After that, the team seemed weak to fires, mmeta, bisharp, and others, so I decided to add physdef rock slide glisc to check that shit along with tflame. Tang was added to check waters since the team was weak to mgyara, keld, azu, gatr, and other similar waters while also luring in and disabling threats with sleep powder. Rotom-H was added since I needed a check to zardy, serp, victini, tornt, mpinsir, and garde all in one slot and rotom-h does it decently well while also being a slow pivot to get in camel and cacturne fairly well. Any ev spread suggestions would be nice since I just kinda used spreads from the smogdex, but I really like the build since it uses unorthodox mons to a good advantage while not being weak to too many threats.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LOL, compiling teams for this has been a nightmare D: anyways, sorry for taking another day from the deadline but Im having some personal issues that I dont feel like sharing so yeah. Lovely submissions everyone, thank you :D

Voting Time!!

Team 1

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
dope team built around salamence, which I think does quite well in the metagame right now as a special attacker that has an easy time playing against a lot of threats that are slower or have a tough time harming it. considering its pretty brutal coverage there's little that can actually reliably switch in. salamence, however, struggles against faster threats that can easily kill it, such as latios, weavile, and mega diancie.

i then went with scarf magnezone, as it provides utility by removing pesky steel-types such as heatran, which would normally threaten mence. i feel like the specs set is a bit too slow, and scarf would be a much better fit.

i followed by just slapping one of the most powerful megas (if not the most powerful) one on my team, being mega-diancie. it does a really good job at threatening stuff with powerful diamond storms. I went with protect > hp fire because we already had fire coverage on mence and protect just helps with mega evolution

tornadus-therian is really good and splashable on teams, does a really good job at threatening a lot of stuff. i guess you could go for life orb over assault vest

skarmory is here for defog + iron head over bb to threaten clefs.

lastly i wanted a win condition that can also provide stealth rocks, and terrakion does a good job by being able to rock polish on certain free turns. the problem however is kinda that with terrak the team struggles against landorus-t (mence being the only reliable way of really hitting it)

Team 2

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Kaname (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Behold the almighty Life Orb Gardevoir. Credit to basedlord FlamingVictini for this powerful set. Basically the concept I wanted to build around was true fairyspam (as currently its really questionable as to whether it actually exists or not). Basically Gardevoir is powerful and is able to help Diancie overwhelm stuff while also being able to cripple stuff like AV Gross and Scizor trying to switch in with Wisp and is able to cripple Bisharp with it too. Diancie is max attack to maximise its ability to take on Chansey. Mag traps Skarmory, Scizor and other steels that gives the core trouble, as well as being able to guarantee an RK on Mega Metagross that has been weakened by Keldeo. Heatran is a defensive rocker who can just check stuff that gives the core trouble. DD Lando-T is power, although this is interchangable with PhysDef SD depending on how you like to play. If going DD carry Yache Berry so that Weavile doesn't do a number on the team if Diancie gets weakened and Keld dies too early. Finally, while I generally think that scarf Keld is bad (-Magic- and Bendiving will back me up on this), it was kinda necessary here as the team is too slow otherwise. This team went 15:0 on mid suspect ladder so I'm happy with it.

If you wanna know why Diancie is called Kaname you'll find it somewhere in Orange Islands.

Team 3

mostly ghostly (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

barmy skarmy (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

muddy buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

fairly fairy (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

stocky rocky (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
i wanted to build with doublade because its cool as heck and i think its good in ou despite all the shit that it gets, purely because it counters the unholy trio of xy megagard, megacham and megacross, which completely gave stall nightmares back in the day, with a couple of doublade builds cropping up to beat them and basically win on matchup because they had nothing else for stall lellers. cm blissey is cool and im glad it never caught on because so many idiots leave their stall teams to get completely ravaged by rain dance manaphy. i just went with quag and skarm as generic stall fillers because they check a billion things, curse quag helps take on clef because the team as it is has little to no answers for it, but that's kinda applicable for a lot of stalls not running cs amoonguss, which i may rework this build to fit in. mega alt idk why, i needed a cleric at this point + i haven't even used the mega slot yet, i will be experimenting more with what mega im using and will probably drop it for something and just run a different mega over ttar. ttar helps with hoopa and helps with zards too.

pif names because pif is the best ^_^

Team 4
Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento
- Defog

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
Team by me and Decision Makers
With 120 base attack and Freeze-Dry, Glalie-Mega is a very dangerous threat to a lot of bulky waters as Magnezone traps steel types pokémon such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory, which are really annoying for the sweep of Belly Drummer Azumarill.
Magnezone and Glalie support very well Azumarill because they can wipe out the pokemons that Azumarill can’t beat so easily.
Glalie has got Naive nature because it allows him to go in speed tie with 100 base speed pokémon such as Manaphy and Mega-Medicham. With the Air Baloon's set Magnezone can deal with opponent ground type (Excadrill, ..) better. Azumarill has got a standard bd set.
The last 3 slots were used to cover other weaknesses of the team: hazards, Serperior, Bisharp and fight spam.
So we included Hippowdon, Latios and Scarf Heatran.
Hippowdon has got a classic set with Lum Berry over the standard Leftovers to have a good approach with a Talonflame's Will-o-Wisp. Latios is our hazard control and fight resistor, Memento if used with regard can be very useful for Azumarill in lategame. Finally ScarfTran is our Speed/Revengekiller and offers coverage.

Team 5

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
Mega-Camerupt is the pokemon I built the team around, he's a very powerful wallbreaker thanks to sheer force and an impressive base 145 SpA, his fire/ground types also gives him a great STAB coverage that can hit neutrally at least a lot of pokemons, although he needs proper support to help him sweep teams and break walls
So Tyranitar is there to support with SR/Pursuit trapping Smooth Rock give 3 more sandstorm turns, very useful because none of the pokemons take damage from it except Torn-T who can heal with regenerator anyway, Skarmory walls a lot of physical attackers and setup spikes, Tornadus-T helps Skarmory by taking special hits for him and take some weight off Skarmory's wings by dealing with a lot of threats which are supposed to be walled by Skarmory. Excadrill for the combo with sand stream, no rapid spin because the team isn't weak to SR. Clefable can sweep whole teams, T-Wave helps Camerupt's overcome it's poor speed, it's also a great answer to big threats to the team : Slowbro and Garchomp.

Team 6

Were u surprised? (Hoopa) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Scald intensifies (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Lefties=Calgon (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Smogonlion (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

phat wingz (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
EVs: 72 HP / 36 SpA / 148 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

the wishmaker (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
I started off with Specs Hoopa-C, Modest because 70 base speed really isn't much, even max invested, and Modest Specs Hoopa-C hits about as hard as Specs Hoopa-U with a Timid nature but is complete pursuit bait - Even 40 BP Pursuit's knocking this thing out lol. TBolt for Mandibuzz, the team doesn't have the pressure to break the Fat Vulture without it

Basically it's Hoopa-C + 2 defensive Pivots, AKA typical Hoopa-U BO core with Hoopa-C. Rotom-W and Landot are the two pivots, with Landot setting rocks like nobody's business and U-turning out. The core shits on most common physical attackers, with Landot taking on virtually every physical attacker bar Weavile/other ice types on and Rotom-W hard countering TFlame. Keldeo complements Hoopa nicely because it counters most common pursuit trappers, and Hoopa counters most of Keldeo's counters (bar like Knock Off MVenu or some heat Physical MVenu set I don't know about). Keldeo also beats Weavile semireliably, which can be pretty damn threatening if left unchecked, as well as forcing MSable out with the sheer power of Specs Hydro so Lando can set rocks. They're also ludicrously good wallbreakers as well (name one Keldeo counter not named a bulky grass type, fat water not hit neutrally by SS, or MLatias), and they pretty much shit on stall together because FUCK STALL. Match made in heaven imo

The next two went through a bit of shuffling, I started off with MMeta+Tornt, then MSciz+Latias with investment to live a single +2 Serp DPulse after rocks, but I finally settled on Jirachi+MLatias. MLatias gives me a rare counter to Keldeo, who can be a bit of a threat to the team (Hoopa only checks it onceish, Rotom's not that fantastic at switching in on SS despite defensive investment, and Keldeo doesn't counter itself) and is just freaking fat. I don't know what the standard BoltBeam Lati spread is, so I just took the Calm Mind spread from Smogon and replaced CM with Defog (without Defog I get shat on by Spikes stacking stall) and the two STABS with BoltBeam. It gives me an answer to a good number of threats and can threaten offensive teams significantly with BoltBeam. ScarfRachi the Cheese Lord lets me switch in on Serp once or twice and flinch it to death and lets me revive a weakened 'mon with Healing Wish. Finally, U-turn gives me another pivot and a way to threaten Latis after switching in. It also lets me cheese my way through stall in a pinch.

Team 7

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Scizor @ Occa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
I had a couple teams with unranked Pokemon sitting around, but I decided to build a new one with Noivern. While Noivern faces a lot of competition from Latios and especially Tornadus-T without its niche of outspeeding Greninja, a couple of its sets still hold valuable niches. This Specs set for instance differentiates itself a lot from Torn, having a powerful and reliable secondary STAB in Draco Meteor as well as Switcheroo to cripple Skarmory, Chansey, Tyranitar and others. I think U-turn + Switcheroo is the best combination on it so that it minimizes its chances of losing momentum, especially against Stall. Noivern also acts as one of my checks to Keldeo and Serperior.

Mega Heracross and Band Victini act as a wallbreaking core for this team and put a lot of pressure on physical walls. Their resistances are also useful, with Heracross checking Sand as a whole, Bisharp and Breloom among others, while Victini checks Mega Charizard Y, Mega Medicham and Fairies.

I chose to use Scizor for Defog since I needed its resistances, being my only real check to Mega Diancie and Weavile, as well as acting as a backup check to other Fairies and Psychic types. Chose Occa Berry to tank an HP Fire or Flamethrower from a Fairy should I run into one, but Leftovers and Shed Shell also work fine on it.

Rhyperior checks Zard X, Mega Pinsir and Talonflame mainly and gets Stealth Rock up. I felt that the team preferred the ability to have a Rock attack + Toxic over reliable recovery, so I thought Rhyperior was a slightly better choice here.

Nasty Plot Thundurus-I brings much-needed speed to the team so that Noivern isn't pressured, acts as a more reliable win condition than Mega Heracross and soft checks Keldeo, Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir and Tornadus.

Team 8

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Gunk Shot

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
Looking at the past few teams, I decided to take a different approach when choosing a Pokemon not ranked on the viability thread. I came up with Linoone and thought it would be a really cool Pokemon to use getting access to Belly Drum and Extreme Speed to clean up easily, and it actually has a great movepool as well. I started off with Linoone and decided to add Diancie-Mega and Tangrowth as partners. Diancie is so good in the current metagame at the moment, being able to check birds such as Talonflame and Pinsir-Mega well, able to deny hazards, all while having a good speed tier and hitting incredibly hard. Tangrowth was added to the mix due to the Keldeo weakness just from the two Pokemon as I would lack a decent switch in to it. Tyranitar came up next due to its ability to set up Stealth Rocks, Pursuit trap Pokemon such as Latias and Latios and can lure in Landorus-Therian or Garchomp and hit it with Ice Beam. Latios gave me another solid Keldeo switch in while being able to remove any hazards that may get on my side that I cannot guaranteed to block with Diancie-Mega such has Landorus-Therian. At this point, I first decided to use Choice Banded Terrakion but after a few matches I had a lot of trouble with bulky grass Pokemon such as Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, and Ferrothorn. I decided to add Assault Vest Metagross as it gives me a decent answer for Amoonguss and Venusaur. At this point I just gave Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire over Ice to be able to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor when switching in on those two to compensate for Metagross' inability to deal with Steel types that don't take as much damage from Earthquake such as Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Starting off with Linoone, the EVs allow Linoone to outspeed standard Tank Garchomp and allow it to hit with Play Rough after Belly Drum due to Extreme Speed failing to KO at +6. I decided to use Gunk Shot here to allow Linoone to hit Unaware Clefable, giving it a good chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage. Standard Assault Vest Tangrowth to switch into Keldeo consistently and Diancie-Mega to be able to check birds effectively and hit back with either Diamond Storm or force them out giving me a free turn to work with. Assault Vest Metagross giving me Lati@s switch ins while also being able to do well against certain bulky grass type Pokemon. Latios having Earthquake to lure in Heatran which forces a good portion of my team to switch out and Support Tyranitar to..well y'know, support.

Team 9

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 168 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / remaining whatever / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Taunt
- Toxic
Team Description: Regular Tank Diance is an underused mon IMO. Rock/Fairy has some very common weaknesses in Ground/Water/Grass/Steel, but you have some really nice resistances that make you an excellent counter to damn near every flying type out there (taking sub 20% from Mega Pidgeot is a great feeling). Your hefty base 150 defenses go a long way to compensating for you trash base 50 HP too. Checks Zards, loads of special attackers (Mega Diance, Mega Gard, etc.), and is generally a fat nuisance.

What mons synergize well with Diance? PhysDef Tangrowth (soaks up Ground and Steel attacks, checking and countering things like Lando-T, Bisharp, and Azumarill, while Diance laughs off Fire/Flying/Ice attacks from anything that's not Kyurem-B with Earth Power/Iron Head) and Mixed Defensive CM Slowking (win-con for this team versus things like Suicune, also helps Diance with checking Gardevoir and other miscellaneous special attackers and helps Tangrowth with checking Mega Medicham and Metagross). Those two Regenerator mons on their own form a fairly solid core. Tangrowth is packing Sleep Powder to nail switchins like Thundurus, Mega Zards, Kyurem, and miscellaneous special attackers. Great utility move in conjunction with Knock Off.

Now for my SR setter: Defensive TankChomp with 16 speed EVs (outspeed Jolly Tyranitar and below), with enough SpDef to help check Zard Y better. Standard set, and does what it needs to do. Also provides a secondary BirdSpam check, and in conjunction with Tangrowth, the dual Rocky Helmet chip damage tends to obliterate physical cores not carrying Ice Punch. Can probably replace this with SpDef Hippo to deal with electric types better.

Next, we got the duo of HP/Max Speed Tran and bulky Sub Mega Heracross. Type synergy between the two is nice, and Tran's goal is to wall things like Clefable (Taunt helps with the 1v1, although you can swap it out for Flash Cannon if you want) and force out Scizor/Skarm/Ferro and such. Toxic/Protect lets you be super, super annoying, and the surprise Protect factor is great versus Mega Lopunny and Medicham, who normally outspeed you anyways and often just go straight for the HJK and lose 50% (letting Diance then take them on with ease). Max Speed is nice so you can outrun Adamant Drill and Breloom and things like that, while Max HP lets you eat up Draco Meteors from the Latis without too much trouble. Bulky Mega Heracross is a great set, and I've put an explanation down below, but basically you trade speed for bulk (exact same attack stat as the standard Smogon spread), and get to do things like live a LO Latios Psyshock (Draco does less), beat LO Sand Rush Excadrill that's already at +2, not care about ScarfTar (and set up on it if it's locked into Crunch), and do other very fun things. Bulky Mega Heracross also serves to soften things up and can easily blow past teams once fast special attackers and Lando-T are removed.

Threats: Kyurem-B and Tail Glow Manaphy are the biggest threats. If they carry Iron Head, Kyurem can muscle past Diance (with LO Earth Power too), and generally Mega Heracross can revenge kill it, but Kyurem-B can just switch out. TG Manaphy is probably the bigger threat, since Slowking can check it vaguely and you can use Heatran to Toxic/Protect stall it for 2 or so turns, but in general, TG Manaphy has a field day with slow fat teams like this. Mega Manectric is also annoying for this team since I have no electric immunities sans Garchomp, which does not like HP Ice (SpDef Hippo does not care about electrics, will try it out). Hoopa also obliterates this team....but if you have a slower team, that's Hoopa for you.

Tank Diance Set detailed explanation here. If you don't carry super effective coverage as a special attacker, you lose.

Bulky Sub Mega Heracross set detailed explanation here. I dumped the Speed EVs into Defense since I didn't feel like I need to worry about Rotom-W too much anyways, and the extra physical bulk is actually quite nice to make your sub never break against Defensive Lando-T Stone Edge and things like that.

Other sets are fairly standard.

Team 10

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 SpD
- Head Smash
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fire Punch
- Fake Out
This is actually a revamp of the first successful offense team that I ever built back during the Aegislash re-suspect. I'd only been playing for a month or two, and I was just learning how teambuilding worked. I had heard Tesung was a good player. I'd also heard Tesung used Archeops. I wanted to be good like Tesung, so I used Archeops.

Pretty simple team. Archeops is a cool suicide lead with Taunt, Rocks, Endeavor, and also Head Smash which can be a nice way to knock yourself out to prevent spins, but also deal some crispy damage if the situation calls for it.
Starmie for fast spins, BoltBeam so I can hit Waters and Dragons.
Sash Loom because I have Starmie to spin, and Sash loom in general is a menace. It also acts as my Talonflame and Zard X check with Sash.
Bisharp because Rocks lead + Bisharp is always good, and it's just another menace on HO. Lum helps it to weaken wisp stuff like Mega Sab, Rotom, and Mew.
Obviously SD Talonflame because this is an offense team with hazard control, and I needed a revenge killer for Fighting types + a Scizor check.
Lastly Mega Lop because it pairs nicely with Bisharp and Breloom to wear down those bulky walls. Fire Punch is actually pretty cool because Mega Scizor can be really annoying, and being able to deal with Ferrothorn can be good support for Breloom and Starmie too.

Team 11

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
So I built this team around Durant because with Hustle and its good speed tier, Durant easily terrorizes many of the pokemon that it outspeeds as long as it actually hits. I've been back and forth on LO and Band, but overall I decided on LO Hone Claws to use as a deadly wallbreaker while also alleviating accuracy issues caused by Hustle in case I get the opportunity to set up. The main partner for Durant and the secondary focus of this team is M-Sceptile. Sceptile is a great partner for Durant, being able to easily handle anything faster than Durant. The set is AoA with Rock Slide as a nice Torn/Talon lure, as it 2HKO's LO Torn with this spread (148 Atk EV's 2HKO's standard AV Torn if you want to pump that many EV's into Attack) and has a chance to OHKO Talon as well. The set is pretty standard otherwise, and Sceptile is also nice due to the giant increase in Rotom usage as of late, which Sceptile takes full advantage of.

My partners are Rotom-Wash to help alleviate the giant bird weakness the original core has, as well as being able to provide T-Wave support over Will-O-Wisp because I feel paralysis is more preferred for this team. And Stallbreaker Heatran with rocks to improve my matchup against defensive teams. LO Tornadus is here to really be a pain to the enemy team while alleviating the team of weaknesses to pokemon like Fighting types, for example. And rounding off the team is SD Salac Garchomp; I'm running Endure over Sub because while Sub is nice, I felt during testing that the ability to get the speed boost on mons like +1 Zard-X was very valuable with Endure, and it provides the team with another wincon. Overall a fun team that I'm glad came out looking pretty decent, despite some weaknesses here and there, such as Weavile which can be a giant pain to the team, but hey no team's perfect, lol.

Team 12

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
So I just noticed that TURBODERP is using normal Diancie, but I chose it by myself to fit the needs of the team before I am even saw his post. On to the team. I made a Charizard-X offense revolved around Charizard sweeping. Keldeo is there to beat things like bulky grounds which Charizard-X appreciates. Also functions as my dark resist for Bisharp which beats Diancie. It beats things like Chansey, p2, and Sableye which can be seriously troubling for Charizard-X. Specs to poke holes through teams. Then I chose Latios for hazard control and to switch-in to Keldeo. Beats grass types like Amoongus and Venusaur. Band Weavile looked like an interesting addition after I first saw ABR stall. Beats things like Breloom, Starmie, Tornadus, Latis, Hoopa, and 2HKO's Tangrowth. Now the underdoge, Diancie. Diancie was added for rocks, heal bell support, and amazing bulk and it's ability to beat birds. Good check to non Iron Head Weavile and non Earthquake Zard. Finally Tangrowth was added to patch up weaknesses to Azumarill, water types in general, electrics, and a majority of physical attackers due to it's amazing physical defense.

Team 13

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Rest

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 196 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
I actually built this team around the Slowbro + Mandibuzz core for the last round, but since I used Doublade, it fits this week's theme too! Evidently it's a stall team, but my goal when making it was for it not to be weak to all of the stuff that stall is usually weak to. Hopefully I did an alright job :3

Doublade is great on stall, since it can reliably counter so many of its threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Togekiss, Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross. Gyro Ball hits fast Pokemon pretty hard, and I gave Doublade Pursuit to trap Latis, which are otherwise difficult for the rest of the team to handle. Toxic is to punish bulkier Pokemon like Rotom-W that can otherwise come in on Doublade freely. Rest is about the only way Doublade has to stay healthy.

CM Mega Slowbro is a nice win condition and a good check to Keldeo as well as physical attackers like Charizard X, Excadrill, Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. Tbh I only made it Mega Slowbro because I had no other Mega, but the extra physical bulk and boost in power can be very helpful in some situations.

Mandibuzz complements both Doublade and Slowbro nicely, being able to switch in on Dark and Ghost type moves aimed at them from the likes of Hoopa-U, Gengar and Alakazam. It also clears away hazards with Defog and Knocks Off items to make it easier to whittle down troublesome Pokemon like Heatran and Rotom-W.

Being very weak to electric types like Mega Manectric and in need of a rocks setter, I decided to add Hippowdon next. Stone Edge was chosen in the final slot to hit Flying types like Dragonite and Thundurus that could otherwise set up on Hippowdon.

Strong special attackers like Charizard Y were now looking like a threat, and I didn't have a solid answer for Manaphy yet. I also needed a cleric, so I chose CM Blissey as it ticked all the boxes and even has the potential to do some real damage with Hyper Voice after a few boosts. Rotom-W, Defensive Starmie, Mega Venusaur and other bulky Pokemon that would otherwise wall my team are set up fodder for Blissey, who beats them all 1v1.

LOL what's a Keldeo doing slapped on the end of a stall team? Yeah I know Keldeo probably seems odd here, but it patched up the rest of the team's weaknesses nicely. Crawdaunt, Mega Gyarados, Mega Scizor, Bisharp, Weavile and Tyranitar are all major threats that Keldeo can handle reliably. It's also a solid answer for Stallbreaker Heatran and Stallbreaker Mew. I chose the Rest-Talk set and gave it some bulk for better longevity, but still enough speed to outrun fast Garchomp.

Team 14

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
I'm still working on this on my down time but I wanted to try Steelix since it seemed like a rocker that wasn't boned by Clefable unlike every other rocker more or less in the tier. EVs are probably all screwed up but w/e. theurbandear suggested Sub / glare serp over sub seed after some tests to offset the offense matchup and it's been doing well. Band Azu as a wall-breaker and to make the matchup against sand not total garbage. Torn-T helps pressure fat grasses that annoy the team, Mega Venusaur being a big one. Flamethrower Clef seemed more appropriate to not be a total liability to Scizor, Ferro, and Skarm switch ins. Uh don't vote for this team lol just felt like sharing.

Team 15

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Toxic (this lets u break unaware, amnesia is used for offense)/ Amnesia
- Rest
- Waterfall

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Rash Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Incinerate
- Thunder Wave

Snorlax @ Chople Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Seed Bomb
- Body Slam
call this team based jesus i used to get 1850 like 5 months ago. fucking cash shit with that steelix to wall everything. curse wailord is the based god. set up the amnesia and start going downtown with curse. taunting mews? i got oblivious for you and your pink ass. chople berry 4 attack kyurem-b is the new metagame bluffing scarf like a god then nuking your opponent with the coverage. your opponent thought it was smart to bring clef in aye? gone and thundy and wailord free to sweep the rest of your sorry ass team. latios is 3 attacks defog with hidden power [fire] to break those ferrothorns and scizors. thundurus with grass knot is always nice, but incinerate lets you burn those scizors for 100% accuracy. your opponent thinks ill miss this blast on their ferro? hell no. snorlax is there to boost up and win. chople berry because that is godly. 100% loses to amoonguss stall, but i peaked back then because people were idiots and ran amoongluss stall back in the day.

Team 16

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Beartic @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
So I used a rather questionable method when it came to choosing my unranked Pokemon to build around/with. I decided, quite foolishly, to use a random name chooser with the ranked Pokemon filtered out to create a shortlist of 3 Pokemon which I could choose from. Of the 3, Beartic was the only one who had any sort of merit whatsoever (for those curious I simply refused to build around Slugma or Deerling) so here I am.

Clearly the obvious route to go with Beartic is rain as it is otherwise completely useless, so my first step was Politoed. Now, Beartic's main merit lies in his interesting coverage which is good for breaking past water resists, notably Ferrothorn and, a usually awkward one to handle, Keldeo with Play Rough. I originally had SD in the last slot but after some test games, found it useless so I replaced it with Aqua Jet which has proven to be slightly more useful. My next step was to add the rain sweeper that benefits the most from the aforementioned water resist's termination: Kabutops who is a very potent sweeper. Then I rounded off my rain sweeper trio with Ludicolo as I was lacking means to hit certain water types and I needed a more solid Ferro check. Tornadus-T finds its way onto so many rain teams these days and is actually useful outside of rain so I saw no reason not to include it here. Finally, I rounded off the team with the ever-effective U-Turn Mega Scizor who helps with pivoting between my rain setter and rain sweepers.

Team 17

Cacturne (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
This was a pretty cool team that I made, focusing around the offensive core of SD kekturne+Mega Camel. Basically the only things that can pivot into mega camel safely on offense are rotom-w and lati@s. Cacturne's max speed set outspeeds standard rotom and bodies it with seed bomb while sucker wrecks latios. Clef was added since it's a really fucking annoying blanket check to everything ever, it spreads twave, and is a cool wincon that can help out the team. After that, the team seemed weak to fires, mmeta, bisharp, and others, so I decided to add physdef rock slide glisc to check that shit along with tflame. Tang was added to check waters since the team was weak to mgyara, keld, azu, gatr, and other similar waters while also luring in and disabling threats with sleep powder. Rotom-H was added since I needed a check to zardy, serp, victini, tornt, mpinsir, and garde all in one slot and rotom-h does it decently well while also being a slow pivot to get in camel and cacturne fairly well. Any ev spread suggestions would be nice since I just kinda used spreads from the smogdex, but I really like the build since it uses unorthodox mons to a good advantage while not being weak to too many threats.

HOLY SHIT, 17 TEAMS! This demand a longer voting round to satisfy a huge amount of teams. Round ends on Sunday at 10:30 PM GMT -5. Maybe the best one win!!

I will be watching , with huge bloody eyes, votes for team 14 and 15 SO BE CAREFUL

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I really love the way the first two teams are built but I am going to vote for Team 15 Team 2 cuz fairy spam is cool

Team 11 is full of cool sets and instantly stood out to me, gonna have to go with that and also try the team sometime myself (curious how the first time I built with ant in ou I also used M-Scept :o)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)