Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Counter
- Whirlwind

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 176 HP / 216 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
When I first heard gengar + clefable balance was the first thing that came to my head, but then i thought that it would be pretty unique to apply that core to full stall. Gengar is a great way to beat stall, and it is always annoying for stall if it cannot break opposing stall. So with the combination of cm sableye and gengar opposing stall should not be too much of a problem. From there unaware clefable seemed like a must for manaphy and other set up sweepers like belly jet azu. Alomomola is great for stall as it helps wall charizard x, crawdaunt, lopunny, and almost all other physical attackers along with providing wish support. ChanseySkarm was added as another backbone that could wall the physical and special attackers. Skarmory and alomomola burning is the main answer for bisharp. The team was not weak to rocks so I went with spikes to apply pressure to balanced teams. Overall it works and is pretty good on ladder.

Last edited:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
Lop/Gar/Bish is one of my favourite cores and works really well with Clefable. Lopunny terrorises offence, which Gengar struggles against, easily taking out the likes of Weavile, Bisharp, etc. In return, Gengar is a pain for fatter builds which Lopunny struggles with, taking out problem mons such as Clefable, Ferrothorn etc and cockblocking the likes of Chansey and Amoongus with taunt. Wisp for M-Venu and Bisharp mainly and for surprising switchins, especially once taunt has been revealed, and because focus miss is a horrible move which is not really needed with Lop, Clef and Azu in the back. Bisharp fills in the gaps, destroying bulky psychics such as Slowbro and pursuit trapping the Latis which can all trouble the core, as well as providing further priority with sucker punch for faster scarfers and item removal with knock off. 52 SpD EVs are to guarantee surviving a life orb Latios' HP fire after rocks. Clefable provides a secondary wincon and status absorber as well as slowing down faster threats for Gengar or Azu to clean up, & deals with problem dragons and darks such as Tankchomp. A Tankchomp of my own brings rocks and checks non-wisp Talon, Scizor, M-Lop and other threats to the previous members. Azu deals with the rain and Keldeo weaknesses and helps with Talonflame, brings more priority, and more hole-punching/cleaning capabilities, also fairy spam to wear down common checks with Clef.

Edit @ below: Reymedy - no, I didn't, it's a coincidence. I made this team from scratch though I have used the lop/gar/bish core a couple of times before (I have never stolen a team, building is my favourite part of the game hence why I enter this almost every week). Re: life orb vs lefties on Clef, thanks for the feedback, I agree LO would better if Clef didn't have calm mind, but CM makes up for the lower damage output and lefties makes it easier to rack up boosts making it a more reliable wincon (IMO).

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
did you just take the first gengar team from the sample team thread and change a twave thundurus into a twave clefable ?

anyway, this core doesnt scream HO, but at least go for LO or healing wish clefable, dont slap the defensive set on a all-out team relying on prio twave to cover faster threats
it's really hard for a balance to cover everything from manaphy to charx with this core sadly, but I can see one to three good options

THE TEAM

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 148 HP / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
I love the Gengar + Clefable + Lopunny core. It works really good and that's the reason why I started to build around these 3 mons. Then I quickly inserted Garchomp since I was missing Stealth Rocks and a decent Bisharp/Scizor check. I noticed I was weak to other Gengar and fast mons such as Alakazam (if my clefable is not full hp) so i added Tornadus-T in order to cover these weaknesses. For the last slot i picked Assault Vest Slowbro because I needed bulkyness against Mega Medicham, Sand Offenses and Keldeo. I assigned both Fire Blast and Grass knot since Fire Blast hits Scizor and Ferrothorn, helping Clefable to sweep, and Grass Knot helps against the common Shedinja Stall.

Infernal

Banned deucer.
I noticed Clef and Gar are weak to Bisharp, Mega Sciz, Talon, and Char-X. The cool thing is the core can cripple them via status. Because of this, I decided to begin with a standard CM Clef with wave. WoW Gar followed shortly after, being helpful to burn things like Bisharp and Mega Sciz, helping Clef out lots. Although this is how I began, I would later change CM Clef for reasons explained further down.

Status can cripple some of the threats mentioned, but that isn't enough. I wanted to choose a Pokemon capable of reliably handling most of them, especially Bisharp and Mega Sciz. Keld immediately came to mind, serving as a good offensive check to those two, while providing more speed and crucial resistances to keep things like Weavile at bay.

After picking Keld, I wanted a steel to stop Mega Altaria and Mega Gardevoir from being so threatening. Another check to Clef and Mega Venu wouldn't hurt either, especially with how often Gar is trapped. I didn't want to end up with a passive team, so I ended up choosing Mega Metagross for the role and to provide some firepower. In addition to checking the things I was looking for, Mega Gross takes advantage of Gar burning things like Mega Sciz, a nice bonus.

At this point, Char-X and Talon were still issues. I was also missing SR, and noticed Exca could sweep me. A bulky ground only seemed natural from here. Lando-T was the first thing to cross my mind to fill these gaps. I disliked its vulnerability to being burned by SpD Talon though, and picked SD Gliscor with Rock Slide instead. This accomplishes much of the same as Lando-T, while handling Talon better and being more durable with Roost. SD Glis also gave me with a win condition, which the team lacked. Additional answers to CM Mega Sableye and CM Clef couldn't hurt either. The only downside to this change was no SR. Because of this, I had to give my Clef rocks, which I didn't mind too much.

Only one slot left, and I noticed my switch ins to opposing Keld and other waters were lacking. I ended up going with AV Tangrowth, which can check Keld and Pokemon like Rotom-W decently. TG Manaphy with Ice Beam still troubles it, but through speed and para, the team is alright against it. Tangy's ability to check Mega Diancie is also appreciated, because Clef is constantly forced to heal by Moonblast, and no longer has CM to soften the blow. It's also a good pivot, which is useful if I need something to absorb an attack.

With all 6 mons, I looked for weaknesses and tried covering them with sets. One weakness I noticed was LO Serperior, so I gave Sludge Bomb to Tangy, which also gives me another option against Mega Gard. I also gave BP to Mega Gross. Between all of this and SR + LO recoil, Serp can be checked well enough. Despite having Keld, I noticed Bisharp and Mega Sciz still annoyed the team lots. So, I decided to make Keld a RestTalk variant for more durability. For more Bisharp coverage, I made Gliscor faster than Jolly variants. The other issue I noticed was Charizard-Y. This is hard to cover without changing lots, but I tried decreasing its opportunities to switch in by giving Tangy and Gliscor rock coverage. Gengar, Keldeo, and Mega Gross are also faster, while Clefable can paralyze, so the team does have some methods.

The other thing I could see as annoying is Skarm. The good thing is 3/6 of the team is immune to Spikes, and every mon except Mega Gross has a form of recovery. I considered Thunder Punch on Mega Gross for Skarm, but think BP for picking off Serp is too important.
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split

Hex is possible over Shadow Ball. I chose Pain Split to make Gengar a consistent answer to Mega Venusaur, who can annoy this team quite a bit otherwise. Focus Blast is an option somewhere if you'd prefer coverage over its typical targets.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Thunder Punch is an option over BP if you prefer hitting Skarmory over having something to pick off Serp. Pursuit is also an option to help Keld.

Last edited:

I have been following this thread for a while now without entering myself, but this week i really liked the core do i decided to give it a shot.
( i dont know how to condense it into the open and close things if someone could tell me how that would be amazing) ty Jacob for the help
*Update as of saturday evening: Have been laddering with the team. I am currently at 1802 with the team. I am very happy with how the team turned out ^^

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I started off with clefable and gengar (obviously). I originally wanted to use the calm mind t wave clefable set but i did not have enough room for my pursuit trapper and water type so i had to change it to rocks. I decided to use lo gengar because i wanted to maintain offensive pressure. I chose sub in the 4th slot because i wanted to be able to play mind games with bisharps and take advantage of switches. I then added skarm because i wanted to have spikes and the gengar clef core was very weak to scizor. Next i added mega venu because i was insanely weak to nasty plot thunderus and specs keld. Next up i decided to add a pursuit trapper since calm mind latios and charizard variants would destroy me otherwise. Finally i decided on keldeo for the last slot because most teams need a water slot and my other 5 mons were rather weak to heatran. I chose the sub cm set because i had never used it before and it seemed fun. Sub cm keldeo also can 6-0 stall which is always nice

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

/randpoke ou, like seriously, i was just like 'k, now i think a steel type would be nice, type randpoke, oh exca, now perhaps a flying type, talon, kk psychic looks good here, latias, kk good team'.

e: clef + gengar is weird i have no idea how to build around these, they are mons i throw on as glue
e2: adamant exca + cb talon to help cover mega alakazam that i miss out on, since i literally never use nat gift, and jolly exca misses so many kills .-.

Last edited:

Gengar Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Soft-boiled

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Leviate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-W @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

So first off I already knew I'd be using Icy Wind Gengar + Fire Punch Mega Tyranitar to make a decent lure combo. Icy Wind brings in the TankChomp's and Landorus-T's that can sponge a hit then threaten back and Fire Punch lets TTar lure in Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. I went with Stealth Rock TankFable because any other setter would stack weaknesses with Tyranitar and I wanted some heat. Next I added Calm Mind Latios since I needed a Keldeo check, but could live without Hazard Removal. And Calm Mind gives the team a great Stallbreaker as well as a secondary wincon. I needed a Steel-type so I added Scarf Rachi, nothing out of the ordinary except Heart Stamp with is basically a Psychic-type Iron Head. Lasty I added Rocky Helmet Rotom-W cause Sand was looking scary and Clefable could comfortably wall a lot of what it could since it's an offensive tank. Rocky Helmet is pretty cool cuz the chip damage is golden for this team.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

silhouettes (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Hex

who knows? (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

time lapse (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Baton Pass

focus and fire (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

tabemono (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

break of day (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This team is a sorta revamp on an old XY team made by gr8bastard. I began with the core, leaving their sets for later. Lop was added because it generates momentum for gengar, which i decided to be Wisp Hex later. Alakazam is another great mon, which i actually decided on last. it couples extremely well with Ferrothorn + Landorus-T, a cool spike stack core as well as cleaning up a lot vs offense. Hp fire was chosen on zam because fuck Scizor. BoltBeam Clef was chosen to lure Tflame. enjoy

Scotti

we back.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Aqua Tail

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

The idea of this team came of using clefable and gengar to break more defensive team and cleaning up with mega aero. To make this happen, I use hazard support from ferro, tenta, and hippo to complete my goal. Toxic Spikes on tenta is a big help, as it works extremely well with hex. Clefable is unaware, so this team would be able to win against setup bulky waters like manaphy, suicune, and mega slowbro. I also used underrated mons in tenta and mega aero, and used pretty neat sets like chople ferro, and hex gengar. I also have fire fang on hippowdon for mega scizor.

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- U-turn

Looking at Clef and Gar, I wanted to build an offensively-inclined balance team. I started with Clefable, using it as speed control with Thunder Wave and using it as a cleric with Healing Wish to restore any severely weakened offensive threats that I wanted healthy. Gengar is standard Life Orb with Sub to scout Pursuit/Sucker Punch and Knock Off on Gliscor should it be faced against it.

With Clefable on the team, the team needed defensive support from a bulky Steel to balance its weaknesses and not pressure it so much. At first, I chose Emp, but Mega Scizor seemed better later on thanks to its reliable recovery, and abilities to check Bisharp, revenge kill stuff, and sweep.

Latios was chosen for offensive Defog support and has Thunderbolt to lure Skarmory for Scizor while hitting Heatran for neutral damage. Thunder's good too to get extra damage, but I personally don't like its accuracy issues.

With Mega Scizor on the team, Mega Charizard X would have opportunities to set up, so I added Rhyperior to check it and also provide Stealth Rock support. I chose Rhyperior over Hippowdon for the sake of offensive presence and added resistances (most notably to Fire and Flying). Had Ice Punch on it originally, but Toxic worked better in practice.

I needed to have something above the 110 speed tier for the final slot and Torn-T seemed like the best fit since it had a mix of decent longevity and power and could also lure Heatran with Superpower. It also gives the team another option to lead with in scenarios when Rhyperior or Gengar have a poor matchup.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
We got a pretty good amount of submissions this week so thanks for the contributions as always. The building stage for Round 19 is over. The voting stage begins now and will end around the same time Thursday. Happy New Year as well.

Team 1

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Counter
- Whirlwind

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 216 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
When I first heard gengar + clefable balance was the first thing that came to my head, but then i thought that it would be pretty unique to apply that core to full stall. Gengar is a great way to beat stall, and it is always annoying for stall if it cannot break opposing stall. So with the combination of cm sableye and gengar opposing stall should not be too much of a problem. From there unaware clefable seemed like a must for manaphy and other set up sweepers like belly jet azu. Alomomola is great for stall as it helps wall charizard x, crawdaunt, lopunny, and almost all other physical attackers along with providing wish support. ChanseySkarm was added as another backbone that could wall the physical and special attackers. Skarmory and alomomola burning is the main answer for bisharp. The team was not weak to rocks so I went with spikes to apply pressure to balanced teams. Overall it works and is pretty good on ladder.
Team 2
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
Lop/Gar/Bish is one of my favourite cores and works really well with Clefable. Lopunny terrorises offence, which Gengar struggles against, easily taking out the likes of Weavile, Bisharp, etc. In return, Gengar is a pain for fatter builds which Lopunny struggles with, taking out problem mons such as Clefable, Ferrothorn etc and cockblocking the likes of Chansey and Amoongus with taunt. Wisp for M-Venu and Bisharp mainly and for surprising switchins, especially once taunt has been revealed, and because focus miss is a horrible move which is not really needed with Lop, Clef and Azu in the back. Bisharp fills in the gaps, destroying bulky psychics such as Slowbro and pursuit trapping the Latis which can all trouble the core, as well as providing further priority with sucker punch for faster scarfers and item removal with knock off. 52 SpD EVs are to guarantee surviving a life orb Latios' HP fire after rocks. Clefable provides a secondary wincon and status absorber as well as slowing down faster threats for Gengar or Azu to clean up, & deals with problem dragons and darks such as Tankchomp. A Tankchomp of my own brings rocks and checks non-wisp Talon, Scizor, M-Lop and other threats to the previous members. Azu deals with the rain and Keldeo weaknesses and helps with Talonflame, brings more priority, and more hole-punching/cleaning capabilities, also fairy spam to wear down common checks with Clef.
Team 3

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 148 HP / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
I love the Gengar + Clefable + Lopunny core. It works really good and that's the reason why I started to build around these 3 mons. Then I quickly inserted Garchomp since I was missing Stealth Rocks and a decent Bisharp/Scizor check. I noticed I was weak to other Gengar and fast mons such as Alakazam (if my clefable is not full hp) so i added Tornadus-T in order to cover these weaknesses. For the last slot i picked Assault Vest Slowbro because I needed bulkyness against Mega Medicham, Sand Offenses and Keldeo. I assigned both Fire Blast and Grass knot since Fire Blast hits Scizor and Ferrothorn, helping Clefable to sweep, and Grass Knot helps against the common Shedinja Stall.
Team 4

I noticed Clef and Gar are weak to Bisharp, Mega Sciz, Talon, and Char-X. The cool thing is the core can cripple them via status. Because of this, I decided to begin with a standard CM Clef with wave. WoW Gar followed shortly after, being helpful to burn things like Bisharp and Mega Sciz, helping Clef out lots. Although this is how I began, I would later change CM Clef for reasons explained further down.

Status can cripple some of the threats mentioned, but that isn't enough. I wanted to choose a Pokemon capable of reliably handling most of them, especially Bisharp and Mega Sciz. Keld immediately came to mind, serving as a good offensive check to those two, while providing more speed and crucial resistances to keep things like Weavile at bay.

After picking Keld, I wanted a steel to stop Mega Altaria and Mega Gardevoir from being so threatening. Another check to Clef and Mega Venu wouldn't hurt either, especially with how often Gar is trapped. I didn't want to end up with a passive team, so I ended up choosing Mega Metagross for the role and to provide some firepower. In addition to checking the things I was looking for, Mega Gross takes advantage of Gar burning things like Mega Sciz, a nice bonus.

At this point, Char-X and Talon were still issues. I was also missing SR, and noticed Exca could sweep me. A bulky ground only seemed natural from here. Lando-T was the first thing to cross my mind to fill these gaps. I disliked its vulnerability to being burned by SpD Talon though, and picked SD Gliscor with Rock Slide instead. This accomplishes much of the same as Lando-T, while handling Talon better and being more durable with Roost. SD Glis also gave me with a win condition, which the team lacked. Additional answers to CM Mega Sableye and CM Clef couldn't hurt either. The only downside to this change was no SR. Because of this, I had to give my Clef rocks, which I didn't mind too much.

Only one slot left, and I noticed my switch ins to opposing Keld and other waters were lacking. I ended up going with AV Tangrowth, which can check Keld and Pokemon like Rotom-W decently. TG Manaphy with Ice Beam still troubles it, but through speed and para, the team is alright against it. Tangy's ability to check Mega Diancie is also appreciated, because Clef is constantly forced to heal by Moonblast, and no longer has CM to soften the blow. It's also a good pivot, which is useful if I need something to absorb an attack.

With all 6 mons, I looked for weaknesses and tried covering them with sets. One weakness I noticed was LO Serperior, so I gave Sludge Bomb to Tangy, which also gives me another option against Mega Gard. I also gave BP to Mega Gross. Between all of this and SR + LO recoil, Serp can be checked well enough. Despite having Keld, I noticed Bisharp and Mega Sciz still annoyed the team lots. So, I decided to make Keld a RestTalk variant for more durability. For more Bisharp coverage, I made Gliscor faster than Jolly variants. The other issue I noticed was Charizard-Y. This is hard to cover without changing lots, but I tried decreasing its opportunities to switch in by giving Tangy and Gliscor rock coverage. Gengar, Keldeo, and Mega Gross are also faster, while Clefable can paralyze, so the team does have some methods.

The other thing I could see as annoying is Skarm. The good thing is 3/6 of the team is immune to Spikes, and every mon except Mega Gross has a form of recovery. I considered Thunder Punch on Mega Gross for Skarm, but think BP for picking off Serp is too important.
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split

Hex is possible over Shadow Ball. I chose Pain Split to make Gengar a consistent answer to Mega Venusaur, who can annoy this team quite a bit otherwise. Focus Blast is an option somewhere if you'd prefer coverage over its typical targets.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Thunder Punch is an option over BP if you prefer hitting Skarmory over having something to pick off Serp. Pursuit is also an option to help Keld.
Team 5

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword
I started off with clefable and gengar (obviously). I originally wanted to use the calm mind t wave clefable set but i did not have enough room for my pursuit trapper and water type so i had to change it to rocks. I decided to use lo gengar because i wanted to maintain offensive pressure. I chose sub in the 4th slot because i wanted to be able to play mind games with bisharps and take advantage of switches. I then added skarm because i wanted to have spikes and the gengar clef core was very weak to scizor. Next i added mega venu because i was insanely weak to nasty plot thunderus and specs keld. Next up i decided to add a pursuit trapper since calm mind latios and charizard variants would destroy me otherwise. Finally i decided on keldeo for the last slot because most teams need a water slot and my other 5 mons were rather weak to heatran. I chose the sub cm set because i had never used it before and it seemed fun. Sub cm keldeo also can 6-0 stall which is always nice
Team 6

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
/randpoke ou, like seriously, i was just like 'k, now i think a steel type would be nice, type randpoke, oh exca, now perhaps a flying type, talon, kk psychic looks good here, latias, kk good team'.

e: clef + gengar is weird i have no idea how to build around these, they are mons i throw on as glue
e2: adamant exca + cb talon to help cover mega alakazam that i miss out on, since i literally never use nat gift, and jolly exca misses so many kills .-.
Team 7

Gengar Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Soft-boiled

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Leviate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-W @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
So first off I already knew I'd be using Icy Wind Gengar + Fire Punch Mega Tyranitar to make a decent lure combo. Icy Wind brings in the TankChomp's and Landorus-T's that can sponge a hit then threaten back and Fire Punch lets TTar lure in Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. I went with Stealth Rock TankFable because any other setter would stack weaknesses with Tyranitar and I wanted some heat. Next I added Calm Mind Latios since I needed a Keldeo check, but could live without Hazard Removal. And Calm Mind gives the team a great Stallbreaker as well as a secondary wincon. I needed a Steel-type so I added Scarf Rachi, nothing out of the ordinary except Heart Stamp with is basically a Psychic-type Iron Head. Lasty I added Rocky Helmet Rotom-W cause Sand was looking scary and Clefable could comfortably wall a lot of what it could since it's an offensive tank. Rocky Helmet is pretty cool cuz the chip damage is golden for this team.
Team 8

silhouettes (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Hex

who knows? (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

time lapse (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Baton Pass

focus and fire (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

tabemono (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

break of day (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
This team is a sorta revamp on an old XY team made by gr8bastard. I began with the core, leaving their sets for later. Lop was added because it generates momentum for gengar, which i decided to be Wisp Hex later. Alakazam is another great mon, which i actually decided on last. it couples extremely well with Ferrothorn + Landorus-T, a cool spike stack core as well as cleaning up a lot vs offense. Hp fire was chosen on zam because fuck Scizor. BoltBeam Clef was chosen to lure Tflame. enjoy
Team 9

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Aqua Tail

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
The idea of this team came of using clefable and gengar to break more defensive team and cleaning up with mega aero. To make this happen, I use hazard support from ferro, tenta, and hippo to complete my goal. Toxic Spikes on tenta is a big help, as it works extremely well with hex. Clefable is unaware, so this team would be able to win against setup bulky waters like manaphy, suicune, and mega slowbro. I also used underrated mons in tenta and mega aero, and used pretty neat sets like chople ferro, and hex gengar. I also have fire fang on hippowdon for mega scizor.
Team 10

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- U-turn
Looking at Clef and Gar, I wanted to build an offensively-inclined balance team. I started with Clefable, using it as speed control with Thunder Wave and using it as a cleric with Healing Wish to restore any severely weakened offensive threats that I wanted healthy. Gengar is standard Life Orb with Sub to scout Pursuit/Sucker Punch and Knock Off on Gliscor should it be faced against it.

With Clefable on the team, the team needed defensive support from a bulky Steel to balance its weaknesses and not pressure it so much. At first, I chose Emp, but Mega Scizor seemed better later on thanks to its reliable recovery, and abilities to check Bisharp, revenge kill stuff, and sweep.

Latios was chosen for offensive Defog support and has Thunderbolt to lure Skarmory for Scizor while hitting Heatran for neutral damage. Thunder's good too to get extra damage, but I personally don't like its accuracy issues.

With Mega Scizor on the team, Mega Charizard X would have opportunities to set up, so I added Rhyperior to check it and also provide Stealth Rock support. I chose Rhyperior over Hippowdon for the sake of offensive presence and added resistances (most notably to Fire and Flying). Had Ice Punch on it originally, but Toxic worked better in practice.

I needed to have something above the 110 speed tier for the final slot and Torn-T seemed like the best fit since it had a mix of decent longevity and power and could also lure Heatran with Superpower. It also gives the team another option to lead with in scenarios when Rhyperior or Gengar have a poor matchup.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just finished my build as i saw this get posted rip for procrastinating, but I'll vote for team 10 since Rhyperior is my son

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Team 10 because it has ways of dealing with many of the biggest threats in the meta and cause rhyperior is a fun pick ;d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)