Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok the results have been posted and Abomasnowite and Sharpedo have been Ban

With that like I said I win add an extra week

Deadline: March 4

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 174 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Tailwind

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

I chose to use AoA Hoopa because focus blast, shadow blast and psychic hit the majority of the tier very hard. I chose to run fire punch as my final move as AV Escav is one of the mons that can switch in on Hoopa and threaten it with pursuit, therefore the fire-punch allowed for me to lure the mon and kill it. Next I picked a Scrafty with chople to complement Hoopa as it helps to check and beat pursuit trappers that would give Hoopa a hard time, as well as functioning as a late game sweeper. Chople allows it to survive an assortment of fighting moves and retaliate, such as an Absol's superpower. Then, I choose to run Camerupt as it helped check threats like Delphox that pressured my team, and fit my team the best after a variety of trials, based on the fact that fire and ground stab provided good support. After this I chose a life orb Flygon with 3 offensive moves and tailwind, 2 moves were general stab, one was to act as an pivot, and I choose tailwind as an aid to my Hoopa as the one thing Hoopa lacks in is speed. After, I added Bronzong as it helps to check Tyrantrum and Abomasnow which pressure my team. It also functions as my rock setter and can lure durants with hp fire. The final mon on my team is blastoise which functions as hazard control and also forms a synergy with my other mons and helps check fletchinder, Emboar and other threats. I chose refresh as my fourth move as it aids in 1v1ing other blastoises and sustaining my hazard control

DIVINE JUDGMENT

The plan was building a team around subs 3 attacks LO Hoopa, I though hazars stack would be cool to weak teams more easy and help Hoopa to break fat mons. Garbodor and Seims were choose for this job, Garb brings Spikes and T-spikes besides offers a check to grass and fightings, Seims in return brings mandatory SR and also checks Fire, Durant, Tyrantrum. Virizion secondary water resist setup sweeper also takes advantage of Spikes to have a easier life breaking defensive mons. Tyramtrum is the secondy wincon, fletch check and can destroy late game after RP and finally Scarf Durant to revenge kills fast mons.

Divine judgment (Hoopa) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Substitute

Kankuro (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Mc Sapon (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earth Power

Ant Man (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Shura (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Jurassic Emperor (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake/ Superpower
- Outrage
- Rock Polish

ok so i was told to make a team with double head smash nd hoopa, so this was the end result. tyrant nd aggron make a hot core which are similar but break stuff down. golbat is there as a grass / ground check, and even tho defog aint crisp on it i opted for it just cuz i needed the move on this team. mola is there as a sponge, as well as having mirror coat which is handy for things like melo :00000! spiritomb for opposing hoopa/nother melo check and wincon with cm (tbh team carry). finally, hoopa is a wallbreaker nd also was the point of interest to build around.
team beat good users such as arifeen and feliburn trust me im o k, also got passion's meme of approval
Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Aggron @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Knock Off

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner is :

This week:

Meloetta !!! Meloetta is one of RU major threats thanks to it being able to either kill it's threats off with its wide movepool or being an annoyance to many teams that don't pack a safe switch-in. Meloetta most popular a sets are Colbar CM Offensive, Sub Calm Mind, and Choice Specs. Meloetta also have plenty of negative one being its kindy meh speed tier being outspeed by Virizion, Houndoom, and Drapion also with the rise of pursuit trapping gives Meloetta either sake early off or force 50/50 unless you're Colbur. You could also a gimmick set liek Meloetta -P

Deadline: March 14

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Roost

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Wanted to spam Psychic so Meloetta and Sigilyph was here, decided to run 4 atks cuz i dont wanna get trapped by tomb or doom and i also wanna ko hoopa. Sigilyph acts as status absorber and is a pain for bulkier builds to deal with. Emboar is there to check Durant and acts as a revenge killer and all. Drapion is added to act as a wincon that checks Venusaur. Added Rhyperior as Tyrantrum check and rocker and also added Rindo Berry to mitigate weakness to Delphox. Samurott was added so I dont lose to Aerodactyl and acts as another check to Delphox.

Last edited:

Here's one of my RMT teams. Basically it was built around Vivillon, and this is what I got. Basically the point is to lead w/ Archeops and set up hazards. Vivillon is just cool and beats teams, Tyrantrum beats stuff like Aero and Phox, Lee beats stuff like Rock types and can spin if I wanted, Magneton beats Fletch, and Mel just spams Psychic + Hyper Voice
Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Something something!

Hoopa @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Pursuit
- Low Kick / Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Simple hazard stacking team with nasty plot hoopa, extremely scary win condition against bulkier builds that loves hazards to wear down its checks. Qwilfish + diancie provides a really reliable hazard stacking core, qwilfish giving me a good durant and fighting type check while diancie gives me a really sturdy fletchinder and dark type check while providing heal bell to cure status ailments. Colbur berry 4 attacks meloetta is the mon for this round and pairs really well with hoopa since it can overwhelm/weaken or get rid of most hoopa checks by itself. Virizion is a no brainer, solid water resist and great win condition, and splashable as heck. Sneasel rounds up the team by adding a faster threat for offense and being a really flexible mon to put on teams lately. Im running low kick since mega steelix can be a problem with one shaky ground resist so any extra pressure to weaken or get rid of it is nice. Ice shard is an option here cause ironically scarf flygon is pretty annoying to play around, your choice, both work really. Opposing virizion is also a pain but can pressured pretty well with psyshock melo and sneasel and your own virizion.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)