Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon such as talonflame, zard x, or hard hitters such as landorus-i and specs keldeo can check mega sableye pretty easily.
Zard X doesn't check utility mega sableye with foul play which will shred it but it does beat calm mind which is less common then utility so zard x is a very shaky check at best.

Zard X doesn't check utility mega sableye with foul play which will shred it but it does beat calm mind which is less common then utility so zard x is a very shaky check at best.
Uh yes it still checks utility variants...
Switch in on a recover or a shadow ball and then go flare blitz which 2HKOs.
Foul play isn't even a guaranteed 2HKO so yeah zard x is a decent check.
Also I would definitely recommend bulk up talonflame as a counter to sableye, it beats sableye much more easily as it doesn't lose to foul play variants.

Talking about Zard X, I was looking around and found out regular Charizard (not the mega) is OU, and I wonder why since nobody uses it without a mega-stone.
Shouldn't it go into RU or UU or something? Why is it in OU?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Talking about Zard X, I was looking around and found out regular Charizard (not the mega) is OU, and I wonder why since nobody uses it without a mega-stone.
Shouldn't it go into RU or UU or something? Why is it in OU?
Because tiers are made with usage stats and we look at how much the pokemon is used (and if it's > 3,41% it will go OU) instead of how much their mega stone is being used. The only exception is Ubers because that tier is made with OU bans instead of usage

But even so, Pinsir is RU, while its mega form it's BL. I thought about the usage stats, since whenever you build a team you can choose Mega Charizard instead of just Charizard, but this seems to be what it makes the usage stat for Charizard (the regular one) so high.
I was just asking because even when the two megas stand as a symbol of the OU metagame, regular Charizar could be used in RU or BL2. I think it's a shame to not being able to use it in lower tiers.

So I wasn't allowed to post it in the viability rankings, so I ask here. The OU metagame is very difficult to play right now, team building is almost impossible. What does the staff plan to do about this? Is there anything you're planning on? @ AM

OU plans on suspecting broken or potentially broken stuff; the non-Mega ladder also potentially shows a way to mitigate team matchup in the tier. Honestly though, there's a wide array of 'mons and it's pretty much impossible to solidly deal with EVERY 'mon, which is part of what differentiates the new OU somewhat from previous metas; this could be considered a challenge by itself :o

edit- i am NOT an OU regular nor do i regularly post here, but I have somewhat kept up w/ the tier so there's that

How does the Normal Gem react with the -ate abilities?

If I use Hyper Voice with Sylveon while holding a Normal Gem, does the Gem activate for the move since it starts as Normal and is converted to Fairy, or not because the move is Fairy the instant it's used?

How does the Normal Gem react with the -ate abilities?

If I use Hyper Voice with Sylveon while holding a Normal Gem, does the Gem activate for the move since it starts as Normal and is converted to Fairy, or not because the move is Fairy the instant it's used?
It seems that it doesn't; i'm not exactly sure of the mechanics but i tested it and it didn't work

How can I download files that have been moved (I hope they were moved) during some site redesign. I was trying to download X-Act's BSR excel file (I can't find my old file), and couldn't find it save for an Android app, which wouldn't work well, but I could use if it I have to.

Last edited:
Quick question, im thinking of using beat up weavile in singles Ou, but im using sweepercalc to get beat up calculations since your calc doesn't have beat up mechanics on there. Im getting some results like this:

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Beat Up (228 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 261-308 (78.1 - 92.2%)

this is with 6 pokemon in the party. Is this correct? Just curious because then why would I use knock off then lol.

Quick question, im thinking of using beat up weavile in singles Ou, but im using sweepercalc to get beat up calculations since your calc doesn't have beat up mechanics on there. Im getting some results like this:

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Beat Up (228 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 261-308 (78.1 - 92.2%)

this is with 6 pokemon in the party. Is this correct? Just curious because then why would I use knock off then lol.
Beat Up becomes less consistent in the late game, when Weavile works best as a cleaner. Knock Off is used so that Weavile can contribute earlier in the game as well, by removing items even while the opponent still has some checks left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)