Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Metal Burst Mega Sableye work ? I would like to know since I don't have any experience or knowledge about that move.

Is specs gothitelle a good partner for iron tail lucario? To trap hippo and slowbros?
Yes it is. Though, you might want to try scarf too as it checks terrakion and keldeo too.
Would Metal Burst Mega Sableye work ? I would like to know since I don't have any experience or knowledge about that move.
Yes. Adding to what tressed said, it is a nice lure for its usual checks such as landorus.

Most of the time you would want to make use of slowbro's better physical bulk which allows it to check pokemon such as zard x and mega medicham.
A simple 252 / 252 spread should suffice if you really want to go for the specially defensive route, but I recommend 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD which allows you to live two specs keldeo's hydro pumps after stealth rock.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
what is the best spread for SpDef slowbro?
Uh more or less depends on what Slowbro variant it is. Most I would go is 172 SpDef for Grass Knot M-Gross assuming Bold nature and regular Slowbro. After that better off just using Slowking.

Is Life Orb DD Gyarados a thing now? Saw it in the damage calc but I've only seen or heard about SubDD or Mega Gyara.
Yeah LO DD Gyarados has always been an option but usually lum berry is better to stop thund and klefki from messing up a sweep or allowing gyarados to set up on bulky waters as it doesn't fear being scald burned. I'd assume that they put life orb instead of lum berry there as they wouldn't put lum berry in a damage calc.

I've been using this Sylveon below:

Ability: Pixilate
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SP. Atk, 4 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

A fellow member of the smogon forum suggested me to redistribute the EVs like this:
168 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 88 Spe

Is it worth it?

The idea of a core is something I've had a hard time wrapping my head around, especially offensive cores.

Someone posted a Mega Heracross + Thundurus core, the idea being that Thundurus stops Flying types. But why would Talonflame ever stay in on a Thundurus? Or using, I dunno, Heatran to stop Scizor and Ferrothorn: how can Heatran stop them if they immediately switch out?

I've been using this Sylveon below:

Ability: Pixilate
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SP. Atk, 4 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

A fellow member of the smogon forum suggested me to redistribute the EVs like this:
168 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 88 Spe

Is it worth it?
Usually "speed creeping" like that is so you can outspeed a specific Pokemon. 88 EV Sylveon outspeeds 0 EV Bisharp, apparently. Which is uncommon, but if it outspeeds your Sylveon, it's dead.

I'm planning on making a team around Band Tyrantrum to weaken walls and Zard X for a wincon. What's a good mon for hazard control and what's a good cleric to pair with them?

The idea of a core is something I've had a hard time wrapping my head around, especially offensive cores.

Someone posted a Mega Heracross + Thundurus core, the idea being that Thundurus stops Flying types. But why would Talonflame ever stay in on a Thundurus? Or using, I dunno, Heatran to stop Scizor and Ferrothorn: how can Heatran stop them if they immediately switch out?
Thundurus on a team to stop talonflame, or heatrean on a team to stop ferrothorn or scizor are there to pressure the mons that they stop. A talonflame is a lot less likely to go for sd if you have a thundurus in the back. Also, for the more aggressive players, say for instance your opponent has a hippowdon out, and you have a starmie out, with your heatran in the back. If they switch in their ferro to wall your starmie, you could predict that before hand, and make the switch to heatran. This forces them to switch out, giving you momentum.

0 EV Bisharp is nowhere, believe me.
Just run 16 speed for t-tar, tho u can raise it higher for skarmory.
His comment was specially on this second mon' Skarmory, which could be 2HKOd by Hyper Voice.
Support T-tar(242 HP, 252 Def, 8 Spe) could at best 2HKO Sylveon considering it has already taken sandstorm damage,
while it would be slower than Sylveon and would be certainly OHKOd by Hyper Voice.
I also found that it would best to be redistributed as 164 HP and 92 Spe,
this is the most optimal for it in lvl 50 , which is the most common.
This could be good, in general, is there any other pokémon relevant in OU metagame that I'd outspeed and it would do an actual good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)