Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much EVs do my Pokemon gain if they're infected with Pokerus, are holding the EV power item, and are gaining 5 EVs (and 10) from horde battes?
50(if base ev from each mon is 1) and 60(if base ev from each mon is 2) and 70(if base ev from each mon is 3)

[1(base)+4(power item)]*5(no of mons)*2(pokerus)

Okay so I've searched google dozens of times and the variability of these conditions happens to be horrendous.

Okay, so:

I have a x/31/x/x/x/31 Male Adamant Tyrantrum (Perfect Atk+Spd) bred with a x/x/x/x/31/31 Female [insert horrendous nature] Dragonair (Perfect SpD+Spd) with the hidden ability Marvel Scale.
If Tyrantrum holds the everstone, and Dragonair holds the Destiny Knot, will their offspring have an Adamant nature and the Hidden Ability?

I know Everstone passes down the male's ability too, but only if they are of the same species or the parents are both able to have the ability as a pokemon.
However, Tyrantrum obviously does not fall under this category, and Dragonair is the mother with the Hidden Ability (so 60% of RNG on my side I guess?)

Please help, I realize it's a very mundane question that was probably answered somewhere in the earlier 155 pages but these babies mean a lot to me. (/pull tongue out of cheek for that last bit)

Last edited:
Okay so I've searched google dozens of times and the variability of these conditions happens to be horrendous.

Okay, so:

I have a x/31/x/x/x/31 Male Adamant Tyrantrum (Perfect Atk+Spd) bred with a x/x/x/x/31/31 Female [insert horrendous nature] Dragonair (Perfect SpD+Spd) with the hidden ability Marvel Scale.
If Tyrantrum holds the everstone, and Dragonair holds the Destiny Knot, will their offspring have an Adamant nature and the Hidden Ability?

I know Everstone passes down the male's ability too, but only if they are of the same species or the parents are both able to have the ability as a pokemon.
However, Tyrantrum obviously does not fall under this category, and Dragonair is the mother with the Hidden Ability (so 60% of RNG on my side I guess?)

Please help, I realize it's a very mundane question that was probably answered somewhere in the earlier 155 pages but these babies mean a lot to me. Nerg. :p
The baby will have an Adamant nature, but it will have Strong Jaw, HA don't work that way.
EDIT- May as well explain, Hidden Abilities are passed down ONLY with Females / Males + Ditto, but Males with HA cannot pass if the Female doesn't have the HA, plus no one has found a way to get HA Tyrunt, sorry.

The baby will have an Adamant nature, but it will have Strong Jaw, HA don't work that way.
EDIT- May as well explain, Hidden Abilities are passed down ONLY with Females / Males + Ditto, but Males with HA cannot pass if the Female doesn't have the HA, plus no one has found a way to get HA Tyrunt, sorry.
Oh no, I'm sorry if I didn't stress the genders of the parents enough.

I want a 5IV Adamant Dragonite with Multiscale.
I use a Tyrantrum I got off wonder trade to start of the nature in my breeding lines.
And I caught a Dragonair via Friend Safari with a hidden ability and a pokeball I'd like to pass down.

Was just curious if that step could happen, keeping the parents in mind like so.

*Edit: Because I also have a 5IV Adamant Dratini Male without the HA that I'm trying to pour the IVs into the HA Female Dratini line. So if this works, then I'll just be able to breed normally after this first step on that side of the family.

Oh no, I'm sorry if I didn't stress the genders of the parents enough.

I want a 5IV Adamant Dragonite with Multiscale.
I use a Tyrantrum I got off wonder trade to start of the nature in my breeding lines.
And I caught a Dragonair via Friend Safari with a hidden ability and I pokeball I'd like to pass down.

Was just curious if that step could happen, keeping the parents in mind like so.
Oh, then yes, Male Non-HA + Female HA will make a HA baby around 80% of the time iirc.

Hi guys!
I want to run a Mixed Infernape on WiFi, so I can only realibly breed out 5IVs.
Which IV do I leave imperfect? I know it should be one of the defenses, but would it be marginally better to have one at 31 over the other? Or is it completely based on the nature I use? ie, if it's -Def, I have imperfect Def IVs, and vise versa for SpD?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys!
I want to run a Mixed Infernape on WiFi, so I can only realibly breed out 5IVs.
Which IV do I leave imperfect? I know it should be one of the defenses, but would it be marginally better to have one at 31 over the other? Or is it completely based on the nature I use? ie, if it's -Def, I have imperfect Def IVs, and vise versa for SpD?
Typically it's better to leave out SpD, so that you can take priority hits like mach punch and bullet punch better. Naive and imperfect SpD is ideal.

Last edited:
Hi guys

I wanted to ask what nature is better for a Dragon Dancer Charizard X? Adamant or Jolly?

In the case of the Adamant, what major threats would outspeed Charizard?
An on the other hand, what is going to fail to OHKO or 2HKO if I choose Jolly nature?

Hi guys

I wanted to ask what nature is better for a Dragon Dancer Charizard X? Adamant or Jolly?

An on the other hand, what is going to fail to OHKO or 2HKO if I choose Jolly nature?
At +1 Adamant (252) reaches 448, which is just slower than Max+ Ninjask, so I'd go with Adamant, as Jolly outspeeds literally everything, but it's way more powerful with Adamant (: There's not really a reason to go Jolly imo.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys

I don't believe there are any lv100 speed tier lists for XY, but I think the BW one works just fine for our purposes: http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/ouspeed_tiers#tier1

Looking at the +1 speed tiers for base 100s, you lose to +1 positive Hydreigon, Kyurem, and Haxorus by running Jolly instead of Adamant (and their unboosted versions when you are unboosted, as well as anything in its own speed tier).

EDIT: Here are lv50 speed tiers if you have any interest or just want a general idea of speed tiers: http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/vgc-14-pokemon-speed-tiers/

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys

Most notable Pokemon is Genesect, which can deal quite some damage with a +1 Ice Beam.

were shaymin-s and darkrai tested before they were banned? is there a reason they weren't let go of ubers along with all of the others to see if they were still broken?

to be clear, i know why they were banned initially, so i don't need a 'skymin has 60% flinch chance duh' kind of response. i've searched, but i can't even find an announcement for why they stayed banned or if they were given a chance and banned again. google only shows me the banlist itself. policy review doesn't mention them at all (or why other things were unbanned). was there a thread/discussion about this, and i just can't find it?

Probably not; you'd have to do some forum searching to be sure, but Hitmonlee is just unlikely to see much use in OU because it's massively outclassed by bulkier, heavier-hitting Fighting types like Conkeldurr or Lucario. Heck, Conkeldurr was so good that he pushed Machamp into UU in Generation 5.
Oh. Okay... I'll search around and if I don't find anything, maybe I'll make a RU or something set.

aVocado

@ Everstone
were shaymin-s and darkrai tested before they were banned? is there a reason they weren't let go of ubers along with all of the others to see if they were still broken?

to be clear, i know why they were banned initially, so i don't need a 'skymin has 60% flinch chance duh' kind of response. i've searched, but i can't even find an announcement for why they stayed banned or if they were given a chance and banned again. google only shows me the banlist itself. policy review doesn't mention them at all (or why other things were unbanned). was there a thread/discussion about this, and i just can't find it?
Skymin was allowed in OU for like a day before it got quick-banned. And do you seriously want Darkrai in OU? Seriously?

What would be the best EV spread for a Careful Restalk Munchlax with Eviolite, Body Slam and Curse?
I'm not that skilled, but I'm guessing some in HP to take a hit, defense to exploit the relaxed eviolite, and mostly in attack. So that would be 127 in HP, 127 in Def, and 254 in atk. Hope I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)