Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody tell me how does Ion deluge work ? I failed to find any description of this move, and I don't even know how many turns it longs.
Bulbapedia says current turn only, priority move, and all Normal attacks this turn become Electric attacks.

A question,
Exist a way to remove Stance Change from Aegislash? What happens when Ditto transform into Aegislash?
No. Stance Change cannot be removed or overwritten or copied in any way. Transforming into an Aegislash gives you an Aegislash that can't Stance Change; your Ditto is stuck in whatever forme it copies.

Uhm... Has anyone done a Hitmonlee XY OU description? I'm new, and I'd like to try and make something, see how it goes.
Probably not; you'd have to do some forum searching to be sure, but Hitmonlee is just unlikely to see much use in OU because it's massively outclassed by bulkier, heavier-hitting Fighting types like Conkeldurr or Lucario. Heck, Conkeldurr was so good that he pushed Machamp into UU in Generation 5.

So, can a Slowbro run Assault Vest (at level 50) if it has an imperfect Special defense stat?

I'm trying to MM a shiny one (still, for those who happen to remember one of my previous posts in this thread), but the only foreign Slowpoke I could get from the GTS didn't have a perfect SDef IV, and I don't have any suitable parents to cook up a good Slowpoke that DOES have 31 SDef IV.

Right now the best Slowpoke I have hatched is max in HP / Def / SAtk, and the best alternate co-parent I have is a Wartortle with 31 in SDef and Spe. The foreign Slowpoke I got has HP / SAtk / Spe, so since HP and SAtk are more important to me than SDef, I was considering just continuing to MM with it rather than spend all the time to hatch a Slowpoke with that 4th IV. Think it matters? I might also use a basic support set. (I'm going for bold nature by the way)

Also:
Okay so say I'm playing doubles, and a ghost type on the opponent's team uses protect, one of my pokemon uses feint on it, and the other uses shadow claw.

Obviously feint won't deal damage, but will it lift the effects of protect so I can hit it with shadow claw? Or is it like rapid spin where the effect of the move won't trigger unless it deals damage?

Last edited:
If I use the old method of EV Training (or new, considering I'm going to use hordes), is it possible for me to go over 252 EVs in a single stat? I know it's impossible with Super Training, but I'm not sure about regular EV Training.

If I use the old method of EV Training (or new, considering I'm going to use hordes), is it possible for me to go over 252 EVs in a single stat? I know it's impossible with Super Training, but I'm not sure about regular EV Training.
The max is 252 regardless of what method you choose.

Is Entei legal in VGC? Or can't you get the dogs in this game without Pokemon Bank?
Entei is non-Kalos, so you can't use it in VGC. For the record, VGC 2014 is played exclusively with the Kalos Pokédex mons, so Togekiss and suchlike aren't allowed either.

A question,
Exist a way to remove Stance Change from Aegislash? What happens when Ditto transform into Aegislash?
You can't disable Stance Change.
When a Ditto transforms into Aegislash, it takes the form, that the Aegislash was in before you transform. You can't change forms with King's shield as Ditto.

I know it's generally a crappy set, but I've been running into the odd SubSeed Whimsicott lately (I swear, the sheer ridiculous variance in the mid-ladder makes me want to pull my hair out over teambuilding choices I know are good) and I don't really know how to take it on effectively without using up a slot on a Grass type that would otherwise mess up my team composition. It seems if it gets a single free turn it can just stall out everyone sans Grass types and faster priority, and I was wondering if I'm just not getting how to play around it?

But does it negate pixilate and aerilate ?
Iunno which has priority. You'd have to try it and see.

I know it's generally a crappy set, but I've been running into the odd SubSeed Whimsicott lately (I swear, the sheer ridiculous variance in the mid-ladder makes me want to pull my hair out over teambuilding choices I know are good) and I don't really know how to take it on effectively without using up a slot on a Grass type that would otherwise mess up my team composition. It seems if it gets a single free turn it can just stall out everyone sans Grass types and faster priority, and I was wondering if I'm just not getting how to play around it?
Substitute won't block Taunt, which will keep it from using Protect or further Substitutes. It also won't block sound-based moves, and 60/75 special defenses won't keep it alive through a Bug Buzz or two. It also won't block anything thrown by something with Infiltrator, if you can find room for one on your team.

Does Landorus T have any use for Jolly Nature? I know it isn't ideal because of its lower speed, but I thought I'd get your guys' input. I really like the Therian form because Intimidate is great, and it's an awesome pivot. Also, which Landorus form is better for Voltturn?

Does Landorus T have any use for Jolly Nature? I know it isn't ideal because of its lower speed, but I thought I'd get your guys' input. I really like the Therian form because Intimidate is great, and it's an awesome pivot. Also, which Landorus form is better for Voltturn?
I have been running a jolly set and personally Its been working really really well.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Spd / 168 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off/Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Has enough speed to outspeed any Base 70. also enough bulk to survive a +1 (defiant) sucker punch from Bisharp and OHKO with Eq or just outspeed and OHKO if they go for a knock off instead etc. also outspeeding Breloom and U-turning out is a nice bonus

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a zygarde with 31 / x / 31 / x / 31 / x, hardy nature (neutral)

I think the other ivs are high. Is there any point in using it competitively? I have no plans for soft reseting and im planning on using it as a defensive tank (possibly subcoil)

Also i have a mewtwo with 31 / x / x / 31 / x/ 31, this would usually be gretat because i have y-stone, but it has a + spatk, - spe nature, is there any point in that? I doubt ill use it, but is it worth anything?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I have a zygarde with 31 / x / 31 / x / 31 / x, hardy nature (neutral)

I think the other ivs are high. Is there any point in using it competitively? I have no plans for soft reseting and im planning on using it as a defensive tank (possibly subcoil)

Also i have a mewtwo with 31 / x / x / 31 / x/ 31, this would usually be gretat because i have y-stone, but it has a + spatk, - spe nature, is there any point in that? I doubt ill use it, but is it worth anything?
Zygarde could work with a coil set, but neutral nature obviously sucks and zygarde isn't that great to begin with.

Quiet nature sucks hard for Mewtwo as its speed is one of its biggest selling points and with a hindering nature you lose too much speed to be really viable.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zygarde could work with a coil set, but neutral nature obviously sucks and zygarde isn't that great to begin with.

Quiet nature sucks hard for Mewtwo as its speed is one of its biggest selling points and with a hindering nature you lose too much speed to be really viable.
Thanks, i wasnt too concerned with mewtwo, as i doubt ill play ubers, but i really like zygarde and i used it to... some... success on showdown.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How much EVs do my Pokemon gain if they're infected with Pokerus, are holding the EV power item, and are gaining 5 EVs (and 10) from horde battes?

Does the unaware ability stop guts boost? For example if my Quagsire uses scald on a Machamp and burns it, will Quagsire still feel the increased attack? Thanks

I have been running a jolly set and personally Its been working really really well.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Spd / 168 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off/Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Has enough speed to outspeed any Base 70. also enough bulk to survive a +1 (defiant) sucker punch from Bisharp and OHKO with Eq or just outspeed and OHKO if they go for a knock off instead etc. also outspeeding Breloom and U-turning out is a nice bonus
Thanks for the answer! I've been trying this set on Showdown, and it works great. Now all we need is move tutors. Gamefreak pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)