Project OM Mashup Megathread

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Tier: Rev MnM

Core: :slowbro: + :ho-oh: +:blissey:

Core type: Defensive

Description: This is a defensive core that I have used on quite a few of my Rev MnM teams (including my sample team). These three Pokemon have great synergy together, as Slowbro and Ho-oh cover each other's weakness very well. Ho-oh is able to wall Kartana, a Pokemon that threatens Slowbro, and Slowbro is able to wall the Water- and Rock-types that threaten Ho-oh. Blissey rounds out the core by handling Pokemon such as Tapu Koko and Toxicity, who other wise threaten the other two. The only problem with this core is that it is weak to Lopunnite Zeraora, so offensive counterplay is usually needed

Last edited:
Tier: Rev MnM

Core: :slowbro: + :ho-oh: +:blissey:

Core type: Defensive

Description: This is a defensive core that I have used on quite a few of my Rev MnM teams (including my sample team). These three Pokemon have great synergy together, as Slowbro and Ho-oh cover each other's weakness very well. Ho-oh is able to wall Kartana, a Pokemon that threatens Slowbro, and Slowbro is able to wall the Water- and Rock-types that threaten Ho-oh. Blissey rounds out the core by handling Pokemon such as Tapu Koko and Toxicity, who other wise threaten the other two. The only problem with this core is that it is weak to Lopunnite Zeraora, so offensive counterplay is usually needed
looks good, added!

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
So I'm trying to come up with ideas for a PokeAAAbilities team, and a thought just occurred to me: Pokébilities Doubles, for those abilities that only work in double battles. (RIP Florges 2013 - 2019) Would that be hard to code? I know Partners in Crime had to be retired in Gen 8 because it was bugged.
Actually I see this as possible, but you must ban Trace, Mirror Armor and Wandering spirit for the server's integrity. Here's two versions of the code.
/challenge gen8doublesou @@@ [Gen 8] Pokebilities AAA, -Mirror Armor, -Trace, -Wandering Spirit
/challenge gen8doublesou @@@ [Gen 8] Pokebilities, !Obtainable Abilities, AAA Restricted Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, !Sleep Clause Mod, Sleep Moves Clause, -Arena Trap, *Comatose, *Contrary, *Fluffy, *Fur Coat, *Gorilla Tactics, *Huge Power, *Ice Scales, *Illusion, *Imposter, *Innards Out, *Intrepid Sword, *Libero, -Mirror Armor, -Moody, *Neutralizing Gas, *Parental Bond, *Poison Heal, *Prankster, *Protean, *Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, *Simple, *Stakeout, *Speed Boost, *Tinted Lens, -Trace, -Wandering Spirit, *Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Blacephalon, -Buzzwole, -Clefable, -Dragapult, -Dragonite, -Kartana, -Kyurem-Base, -Melmetal, -Noivern, -Pangoro, -Perrserker, -Pheromosa, -Rillaboom, -Shedinja, -Tapu Bulu, -Tapu Lele, -Urshifu, -Victini, -Weavile, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Desolate Land + Chlorophyll, -Drought + Chlorophyll, -Drizzle + Swift Swim, -Electric Surge + Surge Surfer, -Primordial Sea + Swift Swim, -Regenerator + Emergency Exit, -Regenerator + Multiscale, -Regenerator + Shadow Shield, -Regenerator + Wimp Out, -Sand Stream + Sand Rush, -Snow Warning + Slush Rush, -Regenerator > 2

Actually I see this as possible, but you must ban Trace, Mirror Armor and Wandering spirit for the server's integrity. Here's two versions of the code.
/challenge gen8doublesou @@@ [Gen 8] Pokebilities AAA, -Mirror Armor, -Trace, -Wandering Spirit
/challenge gen8doublesou @@@ [Gen 8] Pokebilities, !Obtainable Abilities, AAA Restricted Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, !Sleep Clause Mod, Sleep Moves Clause, -Arena Trap, *Comatose, *Contrary, *Fluffy, *Fur Coat, *Gorilla Tactics, *Huge Power, *Ice Scales, *Illusion, *Imposter, *Innards Out, *Intrepid Sword, *Libero, -Mirror Armor, -Moody, *Neutralizing Gas, *Parental Bond, *Poison Heal, *Prankster, *Protean, *Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, *Simple, *Stakeout, *Speed Boost, *Tinted Lens, -Trace, -Wandering Spirit, *Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Blacephalon, -Buzzwole, -Clefable, -Dragapult, -Dragonite, -Kartana, -Kyurem-Base, -Melmetal, -Noivern, -Pangoro, -Perrserker, -Pheromosa, -Rillaboom, -Shedinja, -Tapu Bulu, -Tapu Lele, -Urshifu, -Victini, -Weavile, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Desolate Land + Chlorophyll, -Drought + Chlorophyll, -Drizzle + Swift Swim, -Electric Surge + Surge Surfer, -Primordial Sea + Swift Swim, -Regenerator + Emergency Exit, -Regenerator + Multiscale, -Regenerator + Shadow Shield, -Regenerator + Wimp Out, -Sand Stream + Sand Rush, -Snow Warning + Slush Rush, -Regenerator > 2
At long last, Plus and Minus have a chance to shine.
/j

Ducky

Aw Phooey
Wanted to do something a little special for my 250th post so here it is. This is a post that I've been working on for a while (started in the middle of March) and I’m going to use it to highlight some mashups I’ve been having fun playing and to share some of my favorite duck photos (and maybe some teams) along the way.

First of all, for those of you don’t know, I’m mudkipbowl on PS!, and have been a pretty big OMM fan these last couple months. Before I actually start talking about individual mashups, I'm going to quickly outline how the rest of this post will look. I will clearly note the format I am talking about, and will include a duck-related photo that I feel represents the mashup, along with a short description about why I chose that image, and will occasionally throw in a cute duck picture whenever I feel like there has been too much text in a row. Anyways, time to get to the part that people actually care about (I hope), my thoughts about the following mashups! (Also any Mods or ROs who see this, look at how much effort I put in, definitely someone who deserves driver right??

Anyways, I am not going to talk about every OMM I enjoy, so instead I am just going to ask you guys to check them out. Most of them have some really cool stuff going on, such as the the MnMM Good Cores thing that just started, and I know that the OMMs with councils have been working very hard to make these tiers the best they can be.
Revelationmons AAA
Revelationmons MnM
Pokebilities MnM
ABC Camo
ABC Cap Camo
ABC Camo LC
MnM Ubers
AAA Ubers
ZU STAAAB
NFE MnM
STAB LC

Time to get started! First on the chopping block: Inheritance Tier Shift
I chose this image, which you can buy for only $3000 USD, because just like this image is a budget Donald Duck, Inheritance Tier Shift (which I will now refer to as "Inh TS") is pretty much a budget TSAAA. :silvally-dragon: is still a great RegenVester, who can also run offensive sets with Dragon's Maw. :kadabra: (or :espeon: when it was PU) still run Psychic Surge sets that you guessed it, still get walled by :registeel:, who, you guessed it, still gets Regenerator. Despite this, the meta has been pretty fun to play, but in my opinion quite a few things need to be banned, the most obvious of these being :archeops:. This guy ends up with a BST of 767 and 180/152/150 offenses after Tier Shift, which paired with a recoil-free Head Smash and Dragon Dance from :tyrantrum:, leads to it being an unhealthy presence in the format. Anyways overall this format is pretty fun, but 100% needs to be reworked and needs tiering action before anything else, so message me here or on discord if you're interested in helping out.

Next up: Tier Shift AAA
1651587405958.png
After mentioning Inh TS, it only made sense to talk about TSAAA, the Donald Duck of my metaphor, next. TSAAA was one of the first mashups I played, as I came from playing AAA and it was a relatively simple mashups to pick up. Despite this, TSAAA is one of my favorite mashups, and has been super fun to build for, and watching and play TP Winter was a great experience (congrats again to longhiep for winning the whole thing btw). Most people reading this are probably pretty well aquatinted with TSAAA, but I'll share some thoughts anyways. First of all, I would like to nominate :registeel: to be placed on the VR.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Flash Cannon
I started using :registeel: when :espeon: was still PU and terrorizing the tier, but I (thanks to the help of other people) have realized that its a great mixed wall that also provides hazard support for the team. It has great matchups against :dragonite:, :ribombee:, and :vileplume: (another mons im going to talk about), and can be used as a mid ground against most Choice-locked Pokemon. Next up, :vileplume:.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap
I was first introduced to :vileplume: through Shady Icy, and have been a fan since. :vileplume: is decently bulky after the TS boost (75/115/120) and between +3 Priority Giga Drain and Strength Sap, can be difficult to kill. What makes :vileplume: good in my opinion however, is its ability to consistently set up. Here's a game from TP Winter that shows off :Vileplume:'s ability to set up, even against 3 Pokemon (:Yveltal:, :Silvally-Dragon:, :Copperajah:) that usually are a problem for it. :Vilplume: is able to set up easily and power through the enemy team, and thanks to Triage it is able to help check certain physical Pokemon such as :Urshifu: and :Bouffalant:, making it even more deserving of being on the VR.

(Click on the sprites for the team)

Whooo! First team of the post! This team, based of a this team build by diseased rodent, was built for TP Seasonal. It showcases both :registeel: and :vileplume:, which was totally planned but it was not built with those two in mind. The team's two main breakers are :gallade: and :jolteon:, with the rest of the team supporting them. It wasnt supposed to be like this, but I guess I'll make a little RMT.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance

The Pokemon that needs no introduction, :gallade: is definitely a threat to watch out for. Thanks to Triage, it can sweep teams easily after just one Swords Dance. Drain Punch is the move it uses most, hitting common defensive Pokemon :gallade: and :registeel: for super effective damage. Knock Off hits the Psychic- and Ghost-types that can switch into Drain Punch, while also removing items from :gallade:'s switch ins. Zen Headbutt is :Gallade:'s secondary STAB, hitting Pokemon who are not weak to Drain Punch for more damage, and Swords Dance allows :Gallade: to boosts past its check and eventually sweep the opposing teams. :Gallade: has favorable matchups against many high ranked Pokemon, such as but not limited to :vaporeon:, :inteleon:, :silvally-dragon:, and :lanturn:.

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Flash Cannon

I've already talked about :registeel:, so I will keep this brief. :registeel: is one of the keystones of the team's defensive core. It is able to switch into most neutral hits ( and even a few super effective ones) relatively safely, and it a easy mid-ground play most of the time. Thunder Wave and Toxic can be used interchangeably depending on what you want :registeel: to do. Thunder Wave helps :registeel:'s teamates break through the opposing team, while Toxic stops certain defensive Pokemon from sitting on :registeel:. :registeel:'s bulk allows it to be an amazing Stealth Rock setter, able to set up Stealth Rock vs most Pokemon. Seismic Toss and Flash Cannon are :registeel:'s form of damage, able to help pressure opposing Pokemon despite :registeel: being a defensive Pokemon. (OOPS! This wasn't that short! Sorry)
There's your prize for reading up to here. Keep reading though, more good stuff is coming!

Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Hmmm, what to say about :crobat:. It provides the team with hazard support through Defog, With Magic Guard and Roost, it can stay easily stay alive over the course of longer games. Thanks to its typing, :Crobat: is able to help the team check :Gallade:, as it quad-resists Drain Punch and can OHKO :Gallade: with Brave Bird. U-turn allows :Crobat: to generate momentum for the team, pivoting out of bad matchups thanks to its great speed tier at 150.

Silvally-Dragon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Poison Fang
- Flamethrower

Ok, I lied when I said :gallade: did not need an introduction. :silvally-dragon: is the TSAAA poster boy, with amazing bulk and a great defensive typing. Thanks to its Dragon-typing, :silvally-dragon: is a great defensive Pokemon, its defensive profile boosted by its :assault-vest: and great bulk. U-turn allows :silvally-dragon: to pivot effectively, pairing well with its ability, regenerator. Rock Slide hits Flying-type Pokemon such as :yveltal: and :braviary:, while Flamethrower hits Steel- and Ice-type Pokemon such as :avalugg:, :registeel:, and :glastrier:. Finally, Poison Fang allows :silvally-dragon: to fish for a Poison against other defensive Pokemon, helping its team wear down the opposing Pokemon.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap

Similarly to :registeel:, I have already spoken about this Pokemon so it will be pretty short. :vileplume: rounds out the teams defensive backbone while still keep offensive pressure by threatening a sweep. Help the team check a few offensive threats, but it mostly used as a mid ground play vs the Fighting-types that :registeel: struggles with.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Originally introduced to me by Clasmia , :jolteon: puts in quite a bit of work. It's really fast, and puts a decent amount of pressure on teams with its STAB Thunder and Rain boost Weather Ball, such as :lanturn:, :vaporeon:, :golisopod:, and :inteleon:. Its speed make is very hard to revenge kills, and it can tear teams apart if you predict correctly.

I hope you guys like my team! As you can see, I definitely did not have as much to say about some of the Pokemon, but hopefully it was enough (and I am happy to talk more if it wasn't)! Anyways, I think that's enough about TSAAA, on to the next meta!

POKEAAABILITIES!
1651587354959.png
I chose this image because I felt like it fits. PokeAAA has gone through so much, both good and bad, and I feel like it just a little tired of all the changes and bugs. Anyway, enough about the sad things. Poke AAA has a real ladder now, which is such a huge W for OMM that words cannot even describe it. Anyways, I'm sure that everyone reading this post is pretty familiar with PokeAAA, so I'm not going talk about the meta and what it is. Instead, I'm going to do a few VR nominations, similarly to what I did for TSAAA.

:Tapu-Koko: is the easiest S tier nomination ever IMO. It has multiple viable sets it can run, which I'll quickly drop below.
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost
There are probably more viable sets it can run, but these are the 2 biggest IMO. MGLO offers great longevity and very solid damage output, while Teravolt wrecks things like Volt Absorb :corviknight: and :toxapex: who think they can switch in safely. :tapu-koko: also has a great matchup against :mienshao:, which hopefully is already banned by the time I have posted this. Anyways, :tapu-koko: outspeeds a large part of the meta, and has the longevity and damage output to a a threat throughout longer games.

:Obstagoon: is another Pokemon that needs to be given the respect it deserves, literally nothing can really switch in on this things.
Obstagoon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Parting Shot
Many people have been messing around with the Quick Feet set, making :Obstagoon: better vs offensive teams, but the real best set to use is Toxic Boost. :corviknight: cannot switch in if rocks are up, and can never switch in if it is Intimidate, thats to Defiant. Toxic Boost :Obstagoon: completely tears through anything that doesn't outspeed it. I'd like to nominate it to A tier because :tapu-koko: utter domination of the tier hurts its viability. I realize that the goon is now banned, but I do not care enough to delete this section so sucks if it makes you mad LOL!
There are a few more things I would have liked to talk about, but they got banned so that's obviously not going to happen LOL. I would decide to write more about Poke AAA but do not want to stress myself out by trying to write more for this post, hope you all understand.

Last but certainly not least: ULTRA MIX
1651587378384.png
Wow, you guys really thought I would write a big post like this and not include Ultra Mix? I bet you feel really stupid now. Anyways, chose this duck photo because Ultra Mix is literally the Frankenstein of OMMs. 6 OMs all mashed together into this beautiful but misunderstood creature. Before I really begin, y'all really got to stop being scared by Ultra Mix, its not that confusing. Anyways, I've decided to do this section a little differently. Instead of just rambling about Ultra Mix, something I have done enough of, I have decided to write a few mini analyses for Ultra Mix, with the hope of helping more new players enjoy the meta.

Oranguru @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat / Energy Ball
90 / 116 / 142 / 154 / 180 / 116
[SET COMMENTS]

Oranguru is a powerful sweeper, being able to threaten common Pokemon such as Spheal, Vibrava, Golett, and Wishiwashi. Triage gives Oblivion Wing +3 priority, negating its suboptimal speed stat. Its STAB moves, Oblivion Wing and Thunderbolt, are able to threaten a large portion of the meta and provides excellent coverage. Overheat hits the Steel-type Pokemon that resist Oblivion Wing, and Nasty Plot helps it break through the opposing team. Energy Ball is an alternative that can hit Pokemon such as Coalossal and Hippopotas who otherwise wall Oranguru, but Overheat is preferred as these Pokemon are threatened by other common Pokemon like Golett and Whismur. Oranguru pairs well with Pokemon such as Vibrava and Wishiwashi as Oranguru can threaten the Water-type Pokemon that they have trouble breaking like Spheal. Defensive Pokemon such as Spheal and Dartrix are good partners for Oranguru, as they are able to switch in on the Ice- and Rock-type moves that Oranguru fears from Pokemon like Diglett

Wishiwashi @ Lucarionite
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 Atk / 156 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Water Spout
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
45 / 255 / 202 / 253/ 146 / 255
[SET COMMENTS]

Wishiwashi is a a threatening mixed breaker, as very few Pokemon can switch into the combination of Water Spout and Wicked Blow. Wishiwashi's advantage over Whismur, the other common Water- and Dark-type, is its Speed. Wishiwashi hits 255 Speed, allowing it to use a Mega Stone other than Swampertite. Download increases Wishiwashi's power, and it is sometime able to take advantage of Download multiple times a game thanks to its high Speed. Wicked Blow hits many common Pokemon such as Kadabra, Haunter, and Natu, and Water Spout hits Pokemon such as Diglett, Vibrava, and Pichu. U-turn allows Wishiwashi to pivot out of unfavorable matchups such as Spheal, and Water Shuriken allows it to revenge other fast offensive Pokemon without risking a Speed tie. Wishiwashi's EVs maximize its great Speed stat, and the rest are split between Attack and Special Attack to help it fill its role as a mixed attack, as many Pokemon are threatened by at least one of Wicked Blow and Water Spout. Wishiwashi pairs well with other offensive Pokemon such as Golett and Oranguru who can threaten Spheal, its best defensive check, and other Pokemon such as Coalossal, who commonly run Water Absorb and can live Wicked Blow. It also pairs well with other offensive Pokemon such as Elekid and Diglett, as Wishiwashi is great at forcing switches, and can pivot into these Pokemon with U-turn. It appreciates support from defensive Pokemon such as Dartrix and Spheal, as it can be threatened out by other offensive Pokemon such as Pichu, Elekid and Oranguru.

Also, just because this is my first big post, I have decided to do a few shout-outs

Clasmia for being a great friend? Can I even call people I've met on this site friends? I hope I can. Clastia has been a great person to interact with, whether it's been working on resources for the OMMs we are on councils for, or just chatting when we both should be asleep.

UT thank you for QC and GP checking all of my analyses, for being a great council member and tier leader for all the OMs I love, and for putting up with all my dumb questions.

beauts I know we only really started to know each since OMPL started, but it's been a blast building with you and rejecting your terrible ideas (I have no idea how you can think some of those are good).

diseased rodent another great person I've met through OMM, building and playing TSAAA with you is always super fun, and I look forward to continuing to laugh at you get haxxed.

Amberr Another person here I've met fairly recently, hosting OMFL with you has been a blast, and you are super funny and a great person to chat with

Aggrometaile For leading the MnM Mashups Server and being council for so many of these tiers, so many of my favorite OMMs would not be possible without you are the hard work you've put in.

Too many people to ping all at once but all the OMMs Room Staff. OMM would never have become my favorite place on Showdown if it wasn't for you guys.

And I know I probably missed someone here, and I'm really sorry. If I missed you, just know it is because I am dumb.

Anyways, that's all from me. Hope you guys enjoyed or at least didn't hate reading this, there is definetly more I want to talk about, so keep your eyes peeled for more posts from me in the future.

Traditional bad set post.

:heracross:
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Guts and Quick Feet is a beast of a combination, and Heracross's combination of perfect neutral coverage, workable defensive typing, and self-boosting in Moxie make me think it could be next on the block.

:alakazam:
Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Unfortunately, Azelf keeping Levitate means its premier AAA pivot set doesn't actually benefit from the Psychic Terrain it would set, and no Psychic-type with a Special Attack between Azelf and the 100s Mythical Pokemon and Starmie get Expanding Force while also being grounded while still carrying a pivoting move (RIP Arcticuno-G and Sigilyph), so I just went with maximum speed and power.

Mirror Armor wasn't shared in Shared Power when it had a ladder last year. Is it also borked in doubles? (Although, I said Pokébilities Doubles, not PokeAAAbilties Doubles).

Ducky

Aw Phooey
Mirror Armor wasn't shared in Shared Power when it had a ladder last year. Is it also borked in doubles? (Although, I said Pokébilities Doubles, not PokeAAAbilties Doubles).
Not broken as in op, just it tends to crash the server/create endless battles

BUG REPORT
I started using Drampa as a Desolate Land/Primordial Sea check due to its ability Cloud Nine but, Cloud Nine failed to stop the effects of weather. I tested in a private match to see if the ability would work if used as Chosen Ability instead of Base Ability.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1566919100-smedodzy2lt4qm2nwnygbi3wo2l1hvxpw

The results of the above test reveal that Cloud Nine works as a Chosen Ability but DOES NOT work as a Base Ability.

From the replay, it also appears that when an opponent switches out into a pokemon that can summon weather on entry, even Chosen Ability Cloud Nine is overridden and weather maintains its full effects.

Please fix this when you have the chance<3

BUG REPORT
I started using Drampa as a Desolate Land/Primordial Sea check due to its ability Cloud Nine but, Cloud Nine failed to stop the effects of weather. I tested in a private match to see if the ability would work if used as Chosen Ability instead of Base Ability.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1566919100-smedodzy2lt4qm2nwnygbi3wo2l1hvxpw

The results of the above test reveal that Cloud Nine works as a Chosen Ability but DOES NOT work as a Base Ability.

From the replay, it also appears that when an opponent switches out into a pokemon that can summon weather on entry, even Chosen Ability Cloud Nine is overridden and weather maintains its full effects.
Please fix this when you have the chance<3
Tried something immediately after with Appletun Harvest + Iapapa and found another bug :/

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 20.21.42.png

Berry don't work early with gluttony :(

We're slowly banning every good triage user in Pokebilities AAA. Pangoro is banned, Conkeldurr is banned, and now Tapu Bulu is now banned. I think triage is the centralising factor here, and should be itself banned. It's basically impossible to stop a boosted triage attacker without dazzling/psychic surge/queenly majesty, especially since they are excellent at dismantling both defensive and offensive teams.

I think the sensible thing to do is unban the abusers, and ban the ability: it's centralising to build around as it's impossible to offensively check, and difficult to defensively check without specific answers.

I didn't actually see any weather-dependent effects in the replay, except at the end when Ninetales' Solar Beam needed to charge, but we expected that anyway. If you're referring to the client-side tracking of Cloud Nine, then yes, that's not going to work, because the base abilities are added after the Pokémon has started being switched in, so it's too late for the Cloud Nine to notice that it's being switched in and needs to announce itself (it doesn't announce itself if you obtain it via e.g. Skill Swap).

https://pokepast.es/0b9c5868387b258a a sand team I've been running in PokeAAA. Not really anything spectacular, I just feel like it might be interesting to note how strong weather teams can be with a lot of mons having multiple abilities that synergize with the same weather as well as the additional ability choice allowing for extra versatility or power.
This is with the caveat that these teams lose hard to primal weather so if you can't find the counterplay you will lose. That said there is a lot of versatility with these teams and what weathers you use. While primal weathers aren't that strong for supporting whole teams since they are removed when the mon that summoned them switches out they can help in primal weather matchups and can benefit the mon running primal weather if they have natural abilities that benefit from their primal weather.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
view q&a, already known. you cannot use anything other than imposter for imposter to work.
Well, now i feel dumber than usual.
Anyway Ditto has been doing great with just Imposter (and limber, technically), everyone is playing HO and it does his thing.
I have been using this team lately and does well despite starting as a joke to try to make Basculin work, and he does!
:talonflame: :reuniclus: :ditto: :regieleki: :landorus-therian: :basculin-blue-striped:
https://pokepast.es/2fda56c2c99f957d
Is a bit stronger than Barraskewda, only for half the speed, and thanks to Mold breaker it gets arround a lot of stuff like Dry skin, storm drain, queenly, etc. Not the best mon but fun to use, a lot of people underestimate it and let you kill their walls.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew in Heavy Rain: 362-426 (89.6 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew in Rain: 330-388 (81.6 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The team is simple to use, spam u-turn clones and nuke when you can with strong stabs.
Reuniclus is an awsome wincon, and thanks to regen and high bulk it can come out early to scout, and often sweep whole teams if the opponent lacks a dark type.
Fun tier, kind of wanna see dland and psea leave, but i like how crazy everything is.

:ss/Sneasel:
It’s no secret that Technician Boosted Triple Axel kind of busted. Regular Weavile is banned because obviously a 180 BP move with better (psuedo) accuracy than Focus Miss with the only other drawback being the insane recoil against Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet. Similarly, Beat Up can produce some insane power with the the right team, and that is before Technician as well. It helps that Dark and Ice are great offensive types that synergize well.
With that in mind, I’m surprised no one is talking about Weavilite or Diet Weavile. You can basically just get a slightly worse version of an Uber Pokemon basically for free, and Lil’ Weavile has its own advantages. Between their native abilities, Sneasal’s Inner Focus is way more useful than Pressure for simply being immune to Intimidate (and being immune to flinches is a god-send for people like me who guarantee get flinched at the wrong moment). It also has Keen Eye is also nice for more niche scenarios where the Evasion stat is increased somehow or the opponent has an Accuracy Reducing move.
Besides its native abilities, Sneasal statistically is frailer, slower, and weaker than Weavile, but given how frail Weavile was already, Sneasal still having an excellect Speed Tier, and still having 180 BP and 150~ BP STABs off a reasonable Atk stat, it’s not unreasonable to use Sneasal as a less broken version of Weavile.

Oh and also a question.
As the abilities Poison Touch and Stench add secondary effects, using them with Sheer Force would let you have Sheer Force Boost on All/Contact moves, and Serene Grace would double their effect chance?
Ideally, letting Sheer Force Pokemon use high BP moves without Secondary Effects like Earthquake, Close Combat, ect. Like Conkeldurr gets a 175.5 BP Drain Punch with all 3 abilities Activated and a 234 BP Close Combat/Hammer Arm when burned (although it’s banned like Weavile, I think we can agree Sheer Force Boosted Close Combat and Earthquake is amazing).

Last edited:
Is something like porygon2 :porygon2: over powerful in PokeAAA?
With Download, analytic,trace one ability, and chosen ablility can be sheer force or transistor.
if with sheer force,hit blissey over 50%

Last edited:
Supposing Stench+Sheer Force works
:ss/Copperajah:
Copperajah has access to many great physical moves that sadly don’t have secondary effects to abuse Sheer Force with and a pretty high 130 Atk.
However, give Copperajah Stench and suddenly it gets Sheer Force boosted Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Earthquake, Power Whip, Stone Edge, and Superpower. Between these 6 moves, even the sturdiest of physical walls can’t switch in well (for the sake of ease, the respective moves are set to the respective BPs).
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 226-268 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 385-458 (109.3 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Ferrothorn: 351-413 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 200-237 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Trop Kick vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 208-247 (49.5 - 58.8%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Trop Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 294-346 (93.6 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Skarmory: 283-335 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-259 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 188+ Def Zapdos: 343-406 (89.5 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
With 164 Speed, Copperajah can outspeed uninvested Tangrowth, letting it invest the rest into bulk.

Nvm this information is now useless.
See this post, where Poison Touch + Sheer Force is essentially a coin toss and Stench is always counted after Sheer Force.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
DARK MEAT SPECIAL

I put the "AAA" in PokAAAbilities because my increasingly deranged builds have TERRORIZED the ladder, probably the greatest player on the site rn (all the good ones are a,t work so it counts ;] ) this team goes hard

So that this post is a bit more constructive
Supposing Stench+Sheer Force works
:ss/Copperajah:
Copperajah has access to many great physical moves that sadly don’t have secondary effects to abuse Sheer Force with and a pretty high 130 Atk.
However, give Copperajah Stench and suddenly it gets Sheer Force boosted Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Earthquake, Power Whip, Stone Edge, and Superpower. Between these 6 moves, even the sturdiest of physical walls can’t switch in well (for the sake of ease, the respective moves are set to the respective BPs).
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 226-268 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 385-458 (109.3 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Ferrothorn: 351-413 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 200-237 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Trop Kick vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 208-247 (49.5 - 58.8%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Trop Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 294-346 (93.6 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Skarmory: 283-335 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-259 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 188+ Def Zapdos: 343-406 (89.5 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
With 164 Speed, Copperajah can outspeed uninvested Tangrowth, letting it invest the rest into bulk.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1567663279-7ju5sgt4t0kr24x0vfza3flz8mm0cf5pw
Looks like this both does and does not work, at least for Poison Touch. I would assume that Stench works similarly to what was shown in the replay: if Stench flinches, Sheer Force activates. If not, nothing happens. That's the kind of jank I like to see in my Other Metagames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)