Nov-Dec 7* Tera Raid: Water-type Samurott-H

Oh, I actually just realized. Assuming Samurott has Focus Energy like with the Unovan one, it may be better for Water support to have Scald rather than Chilling Water, since ever since Gen 3 Crits no longer ignore burn. Of course, at that point you're just gambling. And that's assuming you got the DLC in the 1st place.

Oh, I actually just realized. Assuming Samurott has Focus Energy like with the Unovan one, it may be better for Water support to have Scald rather than Chilling Water, since ever since Gen 3 Crits no longer ignore burn. Of course, at that point you're just gambling. And that's assuming you got the DLC in the 1st place.
If it has focus energy (i don't think so as it already has nuclear enough dmg with Sharpness) at this point you're likely better off just looking at crit immune pokemon because lord forsake you get crit regardless

I don't think it was much of a warmup, it was really just a freebie in similar fashion of the Chansey raids.

Well, minus the part people managed to lose on it too somehow despite it boiling down to "bring a fighting type with drain punch and clear amulet or defiant"....

I think that the Calm Mind being in Mewtwo moveset was probably a oversight or coding mistake they forgot to fix. No other tera boss has something like that iirc.

The only other raid I can think that has a similar oversight is Avalugg having Snowscape as regular move on top of field move.
For a scripted boss, didn't Iron leaves also have Regular SD? As far as bosses they had time to look at post-launch and know those were trouble. And Samurott doesn't have a Hard-Wall the way Leaves seemed to.

If it has focus energy (i don't think so as it already has nuclear enough dmg with Sharpness) at this point you're likely better off just looking at crit immune pokemon because lord forsake you get crit regardless
Could (and possibly should) do both if possible.

Could (and possibly should) do both if possible.
Sadly I can't quite think of a pokemon that has both crit immunity and burn.

And both the crit immune mons are weak to Sacred Sword which is pretty annoying cause it defeats the whole point of setting up defenses, but at least would let you use Chilling Water from Cloyster i suppose.

Or maybe Eviolite Shellder is the plan....

Edit: honestly I find pretty funny that this raid is either going to be a pain or a joke depending on if it has Sacred Sword or not :wo:

Last edited:
Sadly I can't quite think of a pokemon that has both crit immunity and burn.

And both the crit immune mons are weak to Sacred Sword which is pretty annoying cause it defeats the whole point of setting up defenses, but at least would let you use Chilling Water from Cloyster i suppose.

Or maybe Eviolite Shellder is the plan....
There are a decent number of Pokémon with either Shell Armor or Battle Armor, so there are some funny strategies that could be pulled off to counter critical hit spam.

:Samurott:
Samurott @ Shell Bell
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Chilling Water
- Tera Blast
- Swords Dance
- Screech

U-Samurott could probably work here. If H-Samurott is generous with its shield timing and debuff removal, this set could be very potent.

:Torterra:
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Worry Seed
- Sunny Day
- Mud-Slap
- Synthesis

Kind of a funny support choice but certainly worth considering.

Last speculation on Samurott's rewards:

TM-wise, there's not really a fitting Water TM that I could see it going using over Razor Shell or Aqua Cutter unless it has a surprise Rain Dance or Surf. The original Samurott already did Swords Dance but it's the closest thing I could see happening again, unless they want to go off-type with Air Slash or X-Scissor just for Sharpness, and then there are the really out there options like Grass Knot.

For vitamins I expect it to just be Protein and Calcium again just based off highest stats, and for nature I would say Adamant or Brave depending on how they want to lean, since the original Samurott had some more variety in nature choices, but the past Hisui starters have just been Adamant and Modest even with Decidueye having a mixed option.

Holy crap this is all my nightmares combined.

Sword Dance, Sacred Sword AND Focus energy.

Call the pain train.

So like, support wise, this isn't THAT tragic, Chilling Water / Scald combo can deal with it since Sword Dance is very early and a Defensive Cheer should be enough to have time to debuff.
The real question is, aside the Miraidon Oneshot, who do you even use as actual dps.

With an early Swords Dance and Bulldoze, the OHKO is actually pretty annoying to get within the 87% time remaining if not impossible. I tried a couple times with a T1 Ceaseless Edge miss but I kept failing to get the last input in time anyway. For those who want to try, Miraidon needs 20 speed EVs to hit 311 speed (207 at -1) to continue to outspeed Samurott's 206 after Bulldoze.

Eventually I decided to just get a win first and hit it with a mere Throat Spray Charge Metal Sound without the Attack Cheer to bring it down to the yellow.

+1 240+ SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon charged Electro Drift (133.3251953125 BP) vs. -2 0 HP / 0 SpD Samurott-Hisui in Electric Terrain: 7202-8474 (74.7 - 87.9% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then I took a death, set up Calm Mind + Charge before taking 2 more hits thanks to Intimidate, died again, and at that point I had the tera to end it. Not a very clean fight but it's still rather straightforward for Miraidon to clear with the spare time.

1700786121126.png

1700786115184.png

1700786381020.png
1700786386761.png

EDIT: Also, rewards-wise, it's Adamant yet drops a Naughty mint and only Protein. At least I was right about Swords Dance.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the Samurott has a 35x HP multiplier, but it's still a roll on actually OHKOing anyway.
+1 252+ SpA Hadron Engine Miraidon Atk Cheer charged Electro Drift (133.3251953125 BP) vs. -2 0 HP / 0 SpD Samurott-Hisui in Electric Terrain: 10874-12794 (96.7 - 113.8% of 35x hp boss) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Taunt Miraidon doesn't work because it immediately starts out with Swords Dance.

I have genuinely no idea how you're even supposed to beat this. I was considering Clear Smog Brute Bonnet but that also doesn't work because it has X-Scissor.

Ok, I am going to need those Intimidators. I don't care how many times I need to reset, I need them, because I have a feeling even Arceus will struggle with this. And I just finished his battle in Legends today.

Managed to beat it with 3 bellibolts (I was one of them) and a Miraidon first try, but it was very close. This boss doesn’t mess around lmao. Started the game off with Reflect, immediately died because of +2 Razor Shell and Bulldoze, then used Chilling Water when I could and healed off with Parabolic Charge.

Not really sure how I feel about Bellibolt now considering how slow af it is. Something faster is needed tbh

Attempt 1: a bellibolt, a trevenant, a miraidon

Result: the entire game crashed before i could even select a move
That's...a new one.

Attempt 2: Toxapex, Appletun, Bellibolt
Result: Appletun died IMMEDIATELY and it took a million years for my attack to actuall go through and then i died instantly to sacred sword before the attack could even happen. THREE TIMES.
No one even did any damn attacks!

bro i knew this would be an uphill battle but I thought my Cloyster would at least get a chance jesus

Ok, I am going to need those Intimidators. I don't care how many times I need to reset, I need them, because I have a feeling even Arceus will struggle with this. And I just finished his battle in Legends today.
fwiw, I linked the Miraidon post to a friend, she did exactly the same strat and pulled it off. (without Intimidate so much closer)

So if you have Miraidon you can tecnically solo this, may take a handful attempts to get both Metal Sound to not miss and not just get crit to death, but it works.
That's also what I'll do myself honestly cause I don't even want to think to try this online, unless someone somehow comes up with some weird cheese noone thought of.
Tauros-water maybe? Anger point for crits, resists everything but ss
+1 252+ Atk Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tauros-Paldea-Aqua: 163-192 (46 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tauros-Paldea-Aqua: 136-160 (38.4 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Aint it chief, you get 2hkod on max bulk, and resisting Razor shell doesnt really change much due to tera water anyway.

bro i knew this would be an uphill battle but I thought my Cloyster would at least get a chance jesus
Honestly I feel that if any kind of support can work for this, it needs to be able to remove Sharpness. Removing Sharpness makes every single damage roll MUCH more manageable.

Might be cooking here, but what about this set here:

1700788576509.png

Weezing-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate / Neutralising Gas
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Def / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Clear Smog
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

The investment has just enough speed to outrun H-Samurott, whilst also investing rest into its bulk (mostly) to take on H-Samurott's physical attacks.
Since it would use Swords Dance, G-Weezing can ruin it using Clear Smog, as well as using Clear Smog to stop Samurott from raising its critical hit rate using Focus Energy.
Acid Spray will be used to lower H-Samurott's special defense, whilst Will-O-Wisp can be used to weaken its physical attacks.
When ready, G-Weezing can Tera into Electric and spam Thunderbolt. Whilst it would no longer be resisting Samurott's Dark, Fighting and Bug coverage, its defense is too high to be stopped so easily.
Levitate can be used to avoid H-Samurott's Bulldoze, whilst Neutralising Gas would deactivate H-Samurott's hidden ability from activiating, weakening its moves even further.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is my solo theorymon that I will definitely try out tonight:

Victreebel @ Covert Cloak
EVs: 120 HP / 244 Def / 20 SpA / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Acid Spray

124 Speed and Covert Cloak allows Victreebel to stay faster while also protecting from random potential drops if he goes for Razor Shell.
Worry Seed turn 1 removes the annoying Sharpness.
Strength Sap debuff and heals at the same time, fully heals the first two times.
Acid Spray + Giga Drain looks better than self-boosting, since Samurott resets us twice early, and Giga Drain will provide the heal when Strength Sap becomes less effective.

244+ Def to minimize the damages of a X-Scissor Critical Hit on tera-grass Victreebel
88 HP and 52 SpA guarantees that Tera-Giga Drain on -2 Samurott through shield always fully restores Victreebel

The idea would be:
- Turn 1 Worry Seed
- Turn 2/3 Strength Sap
- Turn 4/5/6 three Acid Sprays, maybe throw a Strength Sap within if I go under 140 HP (max damage on a crit is 139)
- Tera-Giga Drain until Samurott's reset and Focus Energy
- Acid Spray
- Not sure where I am with the Shield, if it's close I Giga Drain, if it's not I Acid Spray again and pray that I'm not getting crit at that specific time
- Giga Drain Spam until the end

So Samurott only resets debuffs once at 50% time remaining, which is perfect for the usual Azumarill solo clear strategy.
1700790001738.png

I did actually take a death here, and I will give most of the credit to the supportive AI I retained from the last time I played an Eevee raid online, with Drifblim burning and Arcanine adding Intimidate and Leer support. Otherwise this is pretty much the typical max HP/Atk Shell Bell Tera Fairy Azumarill set with Mud-Slap/Belly Drum/Play Rough, in a very adlibbed fight where I was still trying to get a feel for how much I could set up. I settled on Tickle as my 4th debuff slot since Arcanine had Intimidate handled but I wonder if Charm or Chilling Water could be even faster, or Defense Curl to recover from defense drops. Razor Shell defense drops were annoying, but I did take an acceptable death here anyway after terastallizing (Fairy tera) to break through the shield, which also restores Azumarill's resistances to every move, which is appreciated to lower the danger of Razor Shell but is still a necessary risk to take to break through the shield as a Fairy tera. I was considering Clear Amulet, but you really do need to be self sufficient with healing to get the last Belly Drum in.

In this attempt I ended up using Tickle T1, getting a Razor Shell defense drop but keeping the attempt going because of an early burn. Then I just went for getting 2 more Tickles in before the shield went up and then going for 3 Mud-Slaps to tera. I used my last heal cheers with min rolls of 80 to get enough HP to Belly Drum, while I still needed to dodge multiple hits to survive.
1700790735876.png

1700790640624.png
1700790645487.png
1700790745811.png
1700790760180.png

With Samurott at -3, Belly Drum barely didn't break the shield in one hit but I healed up to 299 HP, which also triggered the last buff reset for our side. I decided just to hit again to break the shield since Samurott was about to reset its own stats, and I got 1 Mud-Slap on the free turn after the break and died, though Drifblim fortunately reset burn again before Clodsire could poison.
1700790792062.png
1700790796664.png

1700790879341.png

After respawning, I set 1 Tickle back, then went for 2 more Mud-Slaps which sent it to 50% HP to Focus Energy. I took a few more Razor Shells but avoided the defense drops, taking me down to 51 HP and forcing me to go for unboosted Shell Bell Play Roughs to heal enough to Belly Drum while Samurott was at about -2 from Leer, which I was healing 50 damage from and managed to get back to the 50% range with fortunate misses.

1700790965342.png
1700790892769.png

1700791002166.png

1700791919407.png
1700790067012.png

In the end I used Belly Drum and landed the last 2 Play Roughs to finish in the nick of time. Samurott landed its last Razor Shell on me but it was too late.

Overall I would say Azumarill probably makes for a great support in my experience and I am interested to try it in the online circuit.

Ok, so yeah, I was extremely lucky because when I went into a lower star raid to make it so I would get guaranteed allies I ended up getting all 3 Intimidate Pokemon. Not only that, Arcanine was able to burn Samurott so he couldn't do jack to Miraidon. And this was on a run where I missed the 1st Metal Sound. Not only that, admittedly I wanted to go extreme overkill with -6 SpD E Terrain Hadron Engine Super Effective Tera Electric Electro Drift, so I did end up needlessly drawing the battle out (also, I would've went for an Atk cheer, but after seeing how much damage a crit Ceaseless Edge did I didn't want to risk it) and I still won with a relatively decent amount of time left. Also, I forgot to give Electro Drift Power Point Ups.

Oh, also, I just realized. Samurott doesn't remove debuffs until the timer reaches the halfway point. So assuming you're not getting unlucky with Crits (Even though he was basically doing nothing but spamming Ceaseless Edge, I don't think he ever crit before Focus Energy, and if he did it was once a blue moon), Chilling Water and Lunge support will completely ruin his day. Yeah, I think my Toxapex build will do just fine for online support.

Never mind, apparently Ceaseless Edge's higher crit rate is only in Legends, so you shouldn't worry about crits pre Focus Energy.

Last edited:
Finally managed to find a mon that works very well against Hisiuan Samurott, and it's...

...Hisiuan Decidueye.

In hindsight, maybe that should have been a bit more obvious lol.

Here's the build I used:

Decidueye-H @ Sitrus Berry

Adamant Nature

252HP/252 Atk/4 Def

Bulk Up

Leaf Blade

Taunt

Feather Dance
Use Feather Dance on T1 to negate Samurott's Swords Dance boost, then on turn 2 immediately use Taunt to shut down any further setup attempts.

Finally managed to find a mon that works very well against Hisiuan Samurott, and it's...

...Hisiuan Decidueye.

Here's the build I used:

Use Feather Dance on T1 to negate Samurott's Swords Dance boost, then on turn 2 immediately use Taunt to shut down any further setup attempts.
Then just start spamming Bulk Up till +6 followed by leaf blades?

...Hisiuan Decidueye.

Here's the build I used:

The only other status move Samurott ever uses is Focus Energy at 50% HP which Decidueye won't be taking it down to within Taunt's 3 turn duration, so you're better off using either of the other setup moves on turn 2.

The only other status move Samurott ever uses is Focus Energy at 50% HP which Decidueye won't be taking it down to within Taunt's 3 turn duration, so you're better off using either of the other setup moves on turn 2.
Also trying to pilot this in a solo (even had an arcanine) it just spams Sacred Sword so wouldn't your own Swords Dance be significantly better before it starts doing its various resets and Focus Energy

(the solo failed miserably, incidentally. Having to rely on heal cheers is really rough when it can vary so wildly)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)