Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
I don't know why z-move. but i do know why Venomoth. Sure, sleep powder is unreliable, but when it does hit I can get off a quiver dance and start attacking. My damaging moves have problems with flying, fire and steel, especially things like heatran or corviknight, but that's what tinted lens is for. plus, no one will be expecting this.

:sm/garchomp:
Navyclaw (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Fire Fang
Mega chomp can sweep. few mons can stand up to swords dance boosted chomp, especially with scale shot boosted speed. This is by far my favourite set, with earthquake as STAB, high power move, scale shot for speed boost, and fire fang for coverage.

:sm/regieleki:
Yellowvolt (Regieleki) @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power
- Magnet Rise
- Electro Ball
Before venomoth existed, i needed something to combat water. (moth still isnt an answer, but anyways) this was the thing i came up with. I went with a special set cause my team needed sp attackers. Rapid spin for hazards, ancient power for... i dont know really. Leki doesnt have the biggest movepool. Magnet rise has been really helpful, as just about all ground types rush to leki, and electro ball has such high power. i went with modest nature and not timid because I think it has enough speed.

:sm/krookodile:
Ragenight (Krookodile) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
I think krookodile has great potential. It has access to stealth rock, knock off and taunt, making it an excellent lead. With decent speed, it can quickly taunt leads and set up its own rocks.

:sm/heatran:
Lavastomp (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is my defensive mon, something I need, and a switch in to krookodile in case it faints. magma storm and toxic make a great combination, trapping the target until they die. Doesn't work on toxapex, course, but this was a fire absorber from older team versions that i still keep.

:sm/silvally-water:
Waveleap (Silvally-Water) @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Heal Block
Poison heal gliscor answer. I used to have problems with it, but added in heal block and they were (mostly) solved. Multi-attack is a must for silvally, iron head for coverage and parting shot is quite a good move.

(what's a good name for this team?)

multiple pokemon are unviable here, the team has no synergy, you have no way beating a large amount of meta threats and cores and the sets are odd. i would reccomend sample teams.

A lot of these pokemon are suboptimal. Regieleki is outclassed by Tapu Koko, Venomoth is outclassed by Volcarona, Silvally-W is outclassed by Weavile if you want smth for Gliscor (if you'd rather smth a little sturdier like Watervally, you could go Kyurem or Urshifu) and Krook, despite having access to Taunt, kinda gets U-turned on by a lot of rockers, and is outclassed by Landorus-T.

That being said, each of these mons do have little things that might justify them, (Taunt on Krook, Rapid Spin on Eleki, freedom to run Z moves w/o a crippling rock weakness/sleep on Venomoth) maybe not in a tournament setting but for a casual laddering experience it should be fine. If you just wanna keep one or two we could try and build off of them and make something that at least functions and plays to their strengths, but 4 is just too many holes to fill.

multiple pokemon are unviable here, the team has no synergy, you have no way beating a large amount of meta threats and cores and the sets are odd. i would reccomend sample teams.
I’m not going to try to defend this team, but this is a terrible way to tell someone their team is unviable. I do not claim to have anywhere near as much teambuilding experience as you probably have, but basically saying “your team is completely unsalvagable and bad just use sample teams” is really terrible to tell someone. This is not just a problem here, I’ve seen it multiple times, and maybe something like the post below you would work, because it does help to know what is good in a bad team and what you can improve to make it close to viable.

I’m not going to try to defend this team, but this is a terrible way to tell someone their team is unviable. I do not claim to have anywhere near as much teambuilding experience as you probably have, but basically saying “your team is completely unsalvagable and bad just use sample teams” is really terrible to tell someone. This is not just a problem here, I’ve seen it multiple times, and maybe something like the post below you would work, because it does help to know what is good in a bad team and what you can improve to make it close to viable.
its unsalvagable, none of the pokemon ahve any clear direction, there is no goal in mind and there is no way of making it viable without just replacing 3 or 4 mons to make it match a meta team. what else should i say?

its unsalvagable, none of the pokemon ahve any clear direction, there is no goal in mind and there is no way of making it viable without just replacing 3 or 4 mons to make it match a meta team. what else should i say?
I agree the team is bad, but even the worst teams have decent parts that you can give feedback on, also yes you can suggest to replace 3-4 mons

Why not elaborate and explain *why* the team doesn't work? Furthermore, saying the team has literally 0 direction is wrong; even if suboptimal, OP does have at least an idea for justifying their slots w/ stuff like watervally for the glisc mu.

Why not elaborate and explain *why* the team doesn't work? Furthermore, saying the team has literally 0 direction is wrong; even if suboptimal, OP does have at least an idea for justifying their slots w/ stuff like watervally for the glisc mu.
they justify why they use each pokemon, but they so terribly and their reasons make no sence. as i said there is no way to fix this team since there is no structure or logic to it so there is nowehere to start. they just list 6 pokemon and then a few things about them. Its just 6 random pokemon. and everything about this team is wrong. it simpy doesnt work.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey! This team is sort of unviable in terms of Pokemon and set choices but I'll try my best to somewhat optimize it.

:Venomoth: -> :Volcarona:

Both have similar roles as Quiver Dance setup sweepers but Volcarona simply outclasses it due to having better stats and dual-typing. This Venomoth set also gets roadblocked by the likes of Heatran and Toxapex which Volcarona has the tools to deal with.

:Garchomp-Mega: -> :Garchomp:

Mega Garchomp is only good on archetypes like hyper offense and sun, so it doesn't quite fit here. Although Mega Garchomp doesn't work, regular Garchomp is a good Stealth Rock setter and Dragon Tail is amazing for phazing the opponent's setup sweepers.

:Regieleki: -> :Tapu-Koko:

While Regieleki seems to be your primary speed control, Tapu Koko is a lot better due to it's coverage options and it's still one of the fastest Pokemon in the metagame.

:Krookodile: -> :Landorus-Therian:

This team already has Garchomp as a Stealth Rock setter and Krookodile is simply outclassed by Landorus-T in almost every way. Considering you also lack speed control, Landorus-T just compresses a few roles here over Krookodile.

:Heatran: -> :Ferrothorn:

This team has a big weakness to Ash Greninja, Kyurem, and Tapu Lele so Ferrothorn provides a check to them as well as useful utility such as Spikes, Leech Seed, and Knock Off.

:Silvally-Water: -> :Mawile-Mega:

Silvally is not that great in the metagame and simply doesn't do anything for the team. Mega Mawile acts as one of your breakers and takes advantage of Tapu Koko's terrain to boost Thunder Punch.

I do apologize for basically giving you a new team, it wasn't possible otherwise due to the unorthodox choices in Pokemon and sets. I do recommend checking out the viability rankings in sample teams to inspect the metagame a little bit to further better your teambuilding.

https://pokepast.es/dd8865f5763bbb36

they justify why they use each pokemon, but they so terribly and their reasons make no sence. as i said there is no way to fix this team since there is no structure or logic to it so there is nowehere to start. they just list 6 pokemon and then a few things about them. Its just 6 random pokemon. and everything about this team is wrong. it simpy doesnt work.
Well, it's clearly a team made by a novice player, that's why the rmt forums are here after all, they're for advice. And while I don't disagree with what you said I feel like just saying "this team sucks, check out a sample" should only be reserved for the most uneducated of teams. Elaborate as for why options are outclassed, don't just say "it sucks." That's a great way to dissuade a potential new member of the community.

Well, it's clearly a team made by a novice player, that's why the rmt forums are here after all, they're for advice. And while I don't disagree with what you said I feel like just saying "this team sucks, check out a sample" should only be reserved for the most uneducated of teams. Elaborate as for why options are outclassed, don't just say "it sucks." That's a great way to dissuade a potential new member of the community.
the issue is there are no positives and i dont want to lie. however sure, i could try and offfer some encouragement to. anyways giyu made a new team which keeps not a single pokemon and still looks pretty meh.

maybe it is unviable. But I have literally been here for 2 months and so far, this was my best attempt at national dex. My teams are better when hail-based, and i cant keep making hail teams forever, so i tried this. maybe making a hail natdex team would be better. I might try that.

maybe it is unviable. But I have literally been here for 2 months and so far, this was my best attempt at national dex. My teams are better when hail-based, and i cant keep making hail teams forever, so i tried this. maybe making a hail natdex team would be better. I might try that.
yea, its good that you are trying but i woukld reccomend using samples first to understand the meta (i only used samples/smogon teams for my first 4 months)

:sm/regieleki:
Yellowvolt (Regieleki) @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power
- Magnet Rise
- Electro Ball
Before venomoth existed, i needed something to combat water. (moth still isnt an answer, but anyways) this was the thing i came up with. I went with a special set cause my team needed sp attackers. Rapid spin for hazards, ancient power for... i dont know really. Leki doesnt have the biggest movepool. Magnet rise has been really helpful, as just about all ground types rush to leki, and electro ball has such high power. i went with modest nature and not timid because I think it has enough speed.
It might be worth running timid just to get the jump on scarf kartana, as being able to outspeed and kill is normally pretty important. I would personally use volt switch over magnet rise, as I find that I'm almost always switching eleki out whenever I face a ground type anyways, and being able to pivot with volt switch is great for momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)