My mixteam [Works great in current metagame]

I just got tired of using all those standard OUs ,so I made a mixteam that works pretty well in the current metagame.Here we go:

The lead:

Hypno @ choice scarf
Ability: Insomnia
EVs:40 HP/252sp.atk/216spD
Nature:Modest

-Switcheroo
-Psychic
-HP fighting
-Shadowball

This lead is meant for wall-leads and other annoying stuff and its a pretty bulky lead.

The Physical wall:

Weezing @ black sludge
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252HP/252def/6spa
Nature:Bold

-WoW
-Thunderbolt
-Fireblast
-Painsplit

I use weezing because its one of the few UU-walls that can counter the so-Uber Bulletpunching scizor ,which is used by everyone. And it's usefull for T-bolting DD-gyara,which is also very common. WoW is simply to cripple Physical sweepers.

The sp.Wall/Phazer:

Noctowl @ leftovers
Ability:Insomnia
EVs: 252HP/252sp.def/6spe
Nature: Calm

-Psycho shift
-Night shade
-Roost
-Whirlwind

I love noctowl.Psycho shift makes it extra annoying and it counters celebi very well. Whirlwind to phaze away boosting stats and roost for recovery

The Physical attacker:

Azumarill @ choiceband
Ability : Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP/252 atk/44spe
Nature:Adamant

-Aqua jet
-Icepunch
-Superpower
-Waterfall

I always liked Choice banded Azumarril with Aqua jet. Platinum gave it 2 usefull moves; Superpower to hit blissey and Icepunch [Which was illegal with aqua jet] to hit Icepunch. This can be used best in late games.

Another Physical attacker:

Hitmontop @ life orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 atk/6spe

-Fake out
-Bulletpunch
-Mach punch
-Close Combat

Prioritybased hitmontop.Technician makes it sweet, life orb for extra power and it OHKOES Blissey and Cradily with CC.

The sp.attacker/Choice scarfer:

Houndoom @ Choice scarf
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 6 HP/252sp.atk/252 spe
Nature:Timid

-Dark pulse
-Fireblast
-HP ground
-WoW

Houndoom works pretty wel holding choice scarf and it outspeeds many threads with Timid nature. HP ground takes down Heatran and WoW for predicting switches.

And that's it.Thanks for reading. RMT =]

Are you assuming this team would work well or have you actually tested it?

Hypno is not the greatest lead out there, but you will definently want to change around the EVs if set on using

Hypno @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Insomnia/Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP|252 SAtk|252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Trick/Switcheroo

This is the best set Hypno could possibly pull of as a lead, Insomnia and Forewarn are both great leading abilities one protects you from the ever prevalent Hypnosis while Forewarn can reveal the type of set you opponent is using (IE Forewarn not working reveals Double Screen set up LEads which tells you to Trick/Roo, can Reveal Explosion leads although more often than not obviously).

Weezing looks fine.

Noctowl is not a Celebi counter is poses no threat to Celebi's at all as it can easily Leech Seed/Recover you to death.

Im hesistant to say this to you because you seem set on keeping your team, strictly UU/BL, but you have got nothing to handle Zapdos, Scarf Tran, even Swampert, its hard to believe this team has beaten any serious Metagame teams, when it can barely handle most common OU threats. This team looks mainly UU so with a few changes it could probably become a decent UU team, but seeing as you think Hypno is a good lead you will need to do a bit more lurking. Not to say BL team can't beat OU just not this one.

I just got tired of using all those standard OUs ,so I made a mixteam that works pretty well in the current metagame.Here we go:

The lead:

Hypno @ choice scarf
Ability: Insomnia
EVs:40 HP/252sp.atk/216spD
Nature:Modest

-Switcheroo
-Psychic
-HP fighting
-Shadowball

This lead is meant for wall-leads and other annoying stuff and its a pretty bulky lead.
Alakazam uses this moveset tons better imo

The Physical wall:

Weezing @ black sludge
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252HP/252def/6spa
Nature:Bold

-WoW
-Thunderbolt
-Fireblast
-Painsplit

I use weezing because its one of the few UU-walls that can counter the so-Uber Bulletpunching scizor ,which is used by everyone. And it's usefull for T-bolting DD-gyara,which is also very common. WoW is simply to cripple Physical sweepers.
okay i guess. heatran rapes this though
The sp.Wall/Phazer:

Noctowl @ leftovers
Ability:Insomnia
EVs: 252HP/252sp.def/6spe
Nature: Calm

-Psycho shift
-Night shade
-Roost
-Whirlwind

imo if you want to go UU, use lanturn cuz that guy is a beast of a special wall
I love noctowl.Psycho shift makes it extra annoying and it counters celebi very well. Whirlwind to phaze away boosting stats and roost for recovery

The Physical attacker:

Azumarill @ choiceband
Ability : Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP/252 atk/44spe

-Aqua jet
-Icepunch
-Superpower
-Waterfall

I always liked Choice banded Azumarril with Aqua jet. Platinum gave it 2 usefull moves; Superpower to hit blissey and Icepunch [Which was illegal with aqua jet] to hit Icepunch. This can be used best in late games.
okay i guess. Medicham also fits the role.
Another Physical attacker:

Hitmontop @ life orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 atk/6spe

-Fake out
-Bulletpunch
-Mach punch
-Close Combat

Prioritybased hitmontop.Technician makes it sweet, life orb for extra power and it OHKOES Blissey and Cradily with CC.
okay i guess. might not be so hot in OU though
The sp.attacker/Choice scarfer:

Houndoom @ Choice scarf
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 6 HP/252sp.atk/252 spe
Nature:Timid

-Dark pulse
-Fireblast
-HP ground
-WoW

Houndoom works pretty wel holding choice scarf and it outspeeds many threads with Timid nature. HP ground takes down Heatran and WoW for predicting switches.
Wow on a Choice Set? other than that though this set is okay

And that's it.Thanks for reading. RMT =]
Personally, i think this set would get raped in the current metagame, did u actually test this team?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Honestly, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but remember the RMT Rules.

15. As a competitive site, we request that your team is as competitive as possible within its given metagame. In-game teams, gimmick teams and teams that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the metagame will be closed. Battle Tower teams are permitted.
Don't be like "wtf" if this gets locked or you get responses you want to DONT want to see.

Honestly, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but remember the RMT Rules.

Don't be like "wtf" if this gets locked or you get responses you want to DONT want to see.
not to be like nitpicky or anything but this team is for the ou tier, and competitively viable. as to how good it is, I don't really have time to look, so we can discuss that later.

but he's following all the rules I think.

Are you assuming this team would work well or have you actually tested it?

Hypno is not the greatest lead out there, but you will definently want to change around the EVs if set on using

Hypno @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Insomnia/Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP|252 SAtk|252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Trick/Switcheroo

This is the best set Hypno could possibly pull of as a lead, Insomnia and Forewarn are both great leading abilities one protects you from the ever prevalent Hypnosis while Forewarn can reveal the type of set you opponent is using (IE Forewarn not working reveals Double Screen set up LEads which tells you to Trick/Roo, can Reveal Explosion leads although more often than not obviously).

Weezing looks fine.

Noctowl is not a Celebi counter is poses no threat to Celebi's at all as it can easily Leech Seed/Recover you to death.

Im hesistant to say this to you because you seem set on keeping your team, strictly UU/BL, but you have got nothing to handle Zapdos, Scarf Tran, even Swampert, its hard to believe this team has beaten any serious Metagame teams, when it can barely handle most common OU threats. This team looks mainly UU so with a few changes it could probably become a decent UU team, but seeing as you think Hypno is a good lead you will need to do a bit more lurking. Not to say BL team can't beat OU just not this one.
Well,I have used it on shoddy and it defeated many standard teams.
I know zapdos is a pain,but hypno can take hits from i.Actually,noctowl works great against celebi,it can only leech seed it,but I can whirlwind it ,before I switch.Weezing can cripple pert with WoW and houndoom beats scarftran with HP ground.Since I'm holding SC as well.

Well,I have used it on shoddy and it defeated many standard teams.
I know zapdos is a pain,but hypno can take hits from i.Actually,noctowl works great against celebi,it can only leech seed it,but I can whirlwind it ,before I switch.Weezing can cripple pert with WoW and houndoom beats scarftran with HP ground.Since I'm holding SC as well.
If all Noctowl can do to Celebi is Whirlwind it out its just phazer not a counter. If you say this team is viable then i guess there is nothing more to rate. GL?

Many as in 1/10 or 8/10?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)