Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay this may sound really stupid.

I plan on using RNG capture abuse for the legendary birds. Plan, not any day soon though.
I was wondering. Would it be possibe to set the sate to say 2058 for the delay. Do the frames. Release the birds. Then change the date back to 2009 for the birds? Would it still be the same stats as when I RNG'd in 2058 for example.

Okay this may sound really stupid.

I plan on using RNG capture abuse for the legendary birds. Plan, not any day soon though.
I was wondering. Would it be possibe to set the sate to say 2058 for the delay. Do the frames. Release the birds. Then change the date back to 2009 for the birds? Would it still be the same stats as when I RNG'd in 2058 for example.
Yes, because as soon as you release them, the stats are set

Epic. I'll need to calibrate my plainum though =/. Still no idea what delays I can hit lol. Been concentrating with breeding because I know I can do it easily on Diamond =).

I'm assuming it's not possible with other legends apart from the roaming ones? E.g Registeel ect.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is it possible to RNG abuse on flashcards? I have a N5 revolution btw. If so, how do you calculate seconds and delays?

Same as normal. The delay should be similar to a real cart, but the seconds will be different. Just get the delay/seconds like you would for a real game.

It is correct. It finds a seed that makes it on frame 1. It doesn't matter if that isn't the actual seed, since you have a save state. You advance from that frame to your target, so from frame 1 to 50, or from 31 to 81, it doesn't matter, both take the same amount of frames/times
But then I should be able to find any of those spreads on the generated list, but I can't find a lot of spreads on that list o_o

Yes it's possible. Just do a soft reset after you saved right in front of your Legend.
Just set the time and date 1 minute prior to your target time and then just enter
the Game as fast as possible. When the clock hits 14-15 seconds before your target time
(depending on the seconds you need) perform a soft reset.
After entering the Game again check your Delay and Time by Coinflipping
and when you hit the Target Time and Delay just go on with Journal Flipping
until your on the Frame you need to be and catch your Legend :)

Yes it's possible. Just do a soft reset after you saved right in front of your Legend.
Just set the time and date 1 minute prior to your target time and then just enter
the Game as fast as possible. When the clock hits 14-15 seconds before your target time
(depending on the seconds you need) perform a soft reset.
After entering the Game again check your Delay and Time by Coinflipping
and when you hit the Target Time and Delay just go on with Journal Flipping
until your on the Frame you need to be and catch your Legend :)

Thats... Not... What I meant. I know what to do =P.
Just checking if I could mess around with dates on Non-roaming pokemon. Obviously not =[.
Also. Instead of setting 1 minute before. I prefer, changing time then immediately entering the game. With my DSi, it's only 25 secs + normal delay

Why is it that I always got it wrong what you guys are planning to do.
Sorry for that long winding explanation. I'll try to focus more on how to
help you out next time.

I myslef am trying to get the Hang of Method "K" but somehow I don't
get why the Frame advancement is always different. Maybe when the new
release of the Reporter is out I get a clear view on that. *sigh*

Why is it that I always got it wrong what you guys are planning to do.
Sorry for that long winding explanation. I'll try to focus more on how to
help you out next time.

I myslef am trying to get the Hang of Method "K" but somehow I don't
get why the Frame advancement is always different. Maybe when the new
release of the Reporter is out I get a clear view on that. *sigh*
Stop trying to get a hang of method K cause it is based on an algorithm that you can't take an advantage of really unless you edit rng reporter yourself. Mingot has found method K's formula and it seems to be correct, but we need to do more tests for it to make sure it is correct.

Also, your previous explanation is what haunter should do for his flashcart, so you didn't type it for nothing really.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Is this "method K" you guys are talking about the one new RNG in HGSS? Or am I confused... :/

Ok I have had some troubles of the past few days and I can't seem to figure it out. My time for my shiny timid spread is at 11 am, and the slot is 2 so I have to wait till morning 4 am, to get the poke that I want mime jr. I have tried on 3 separate occasions, verified the seed and flipped pages with no mistakes and have yet to get my pokemon. I have tried route 209 and route 210 south, the only moving npc's are the joggers, which should not affect my frames. So can someone please help me.

Ok I have had some troubles of the past few days and I can't seem to figure it out. My time for my shiny timid spread is at 11 am, and the slot is 2 so I have to wait till morning 4 am, to get the poke that I want mime jr. I have tried on 3 separate occasions, verified the seed and flipped pages with no mistakes and have yet to get my pokemon. I have tried route 209 and route 210 south, the only moving npc's are the joggers, which should not affect my frames. So can someone please help me.
Besides not giving us enough info to find out what you are doing wrong, why do you start at 11 am and wait till 4 am the next day? Using the seed to time finder, you should be able to find a better one I assume.

But, maybe you have a roamer.
Check what pokemon and frame and IVs you actually got. Maybe there is a NPC that still affects you that is off the route but close enough.
Maybe you just failed at the journal flips.

The best way going about this is finding out what frame you actually got and how far you were off. Generally this is good enough.

My seed only gives me a time range from 11-11:59 and being slot 2, the pokemon I want is only available in the morning so that is why I am leaving my ds on till 4 am, when I scent. I have caught all the roaming legends in my game. I don't believe that I messed up on the flips because I usually slip on the button click, but then catch myself, but the last three times I have taken my time and counted each individual flip, but who knows I do suck at math XD. If solacean town affects then routes then that could also be it,but I doubt it, thanks for the help.

Do the Buneary and Pachirisu outside of the Day Care Center count as NPC's for advancing the frame?
Why does it matter? Does it affect you in anyway? You have to calibrate for your starting egg frame no matter what.

I am deleting this, or mingot can after some time. This is not worth my 1000th post.

I'm trying to get a flawless ho-oh with hg/ss rng abusing... how can I advance the frame? I reached a high frame between 739 and 771 talking to my typhlosion and I tried first to catch ho-oh with synchronizer, then without it with the same save state... Is ho-oh a method K pokemon? because I noticed that I got a calm ho-oh when I haven't used the syncronizer and the only spread with calm nature and those IVs was on frame 731... when I got ho-oh with the syncronizer i noticed that IVs spread existed between frame 739 and 771, so the problem is: why do I hit frame 731 without synchronizer and then I hit frame between 739 and 771 with synchronizer?

I'm trying to get a flawless ho-oh with hg/ss rng abusing... how can I advance the frame? I reached a high frame between 739 and 771 talking to my typhlosion and I tried first to catch ho-oh with synchronizer, then without it with the same save state... Is ho-oh a method K pokemon? because I noticed that I got a calm ho-oh when I haven't used the syncronizer and the only spread with calm nature and those IVs was on frame 731... when I got ho-oh with the syncronizer i noticed that IVs spread existed between frame 739 and 771, so the problem is: why do I hit frame 731 without synchronizer and then I hit frame between 739 and 771 with synchronizer?
Yes, all the pokemon in the new game are method K, except the roamers who are method 1. A version of RNG reporter should be released soon with method K.

To hit a spread, you have to get lucky and hope it goes to your target. What you do is bring a syncher and have that your only pokemon. Make a save state when you hit your seed, then advance the frame. When you are close to your spread, walk 128 steps with one pokemon to advance 1 frame, hoping you hit your spread. Obviously making save states every now and then.

I'm having some problems with delays in my Diamond version. I did callibration for the first time and I was getting odd delays. Later, I tried to do some catches that had odd delays, and I kept getting results that had even delays. So I inserted a GBA game cart and tried again. I continued to get even delays. I decided to try another date and a year earlier. This gave me an even delay to try to hit. So I go through everything, do my coin flips and get results that say I hit an odd delay. Again, I inserted a GBA cart and redid it just to make sure and got an odd delay again. Is there anyway I can fix this?

I'm having some problems with delays in my Diamond version. I did callibration for the first time and I was getting odd delays. Later, I tried to do some catches that had odd delays, and I kept getting results that had even delays. So I inserted a GBA game cart and tried again. I continued to get even delays. I decided to try another date and a year earlier. This gave me an even delay to try to hit. So I go through everything, do my coin flips and get results that say I hit an odd delay. Again, I inserted a GBA cart and redid it just to make sure and got an odd delay again. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Honestly, this just happened to me also on my diamond. I usually do my RNG stuff on my platinum, which I never had the problem with. I don't know why it does it, but I've been able to stabilize it and hit my spread once in a while, not nearly as easily as on my platinum though. The odd/even stuff is very erratic for me, even when re-saving and insterting and removing GBA games, or changing dates. :/

Honestly, this just happened to me also on my diamond. I usually do my RNG stuff on my platinum, which I never had the problem with. I don't know why it does it, but I've been able to stabilize it and hit my spread once in a while, not nearly as easily as on my platinum though. The odd/even stuff is very erratic for me, even when re-saving and insterting and removing GBA games, or changing dates. :/
I have that problem on my Diamond too. That's why I started my Pearl, to see if I have the same problem. I have no idea why does it happen.

@Topic
By the way, I did something unusual when trying to hit my frame and it worked on my first try. lol.

I was having some problems hitting my frame, it was like that:
Target Frame: 7
Initial Frame: 5 (Entering on the game and immediately pressing A to grab the egg)
Frame After 1 Flip: 6 (Entering on the game and immediately pressing A to grab the egg)
Frame After 2 Flips: 9 (Entering on the game and immediately pressing A to
grab the egg)
Frame After waiting until the buneary appear (she was in the house): 5
Frame After waiting until the buneary appear + 1 flip (she was in the house): 11

I was super pissed, so as soon as I entered the game (no FLIPS), I pressed X (Menu). I waited for a second to catch my breath (lol), then I pressed X again and Smashed A like a freak. The buneary was still IN the house, but I got my target frame (7). Yey me \o

Ok I have to wrap it up for tonight, but I did need some help. Just found my target time, synchronize time, and reset time, but before I move on to the steps to capture a pokemon, I didn't actually understand what that coin flipper part was.

Ok I have to wrap it up for tonight, but I did need some help. Just found my target time, synchronize time, and reset time, but before I move on to the steps to capture a pokemon, I didn't actually understand what that coin flipper part was.
For capture, you use the coin flip to check that you hit your seed. When you enter the game after SRing (you should have the coin flip app open on the poketch to start), do 10 coin flips and see where they match up on the spreads around your target. If they all match your target, you're ready for journal flips and such. If not, you are able to see how far off of your target you actually were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)