Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hey guys, I´ve got another question:
What is the frame number of giratina in platinum in the torn world? I tried to catch one after hitting the right delays, but 2 times it was wrong so maybe i took the wrong frame.

Hey guys, I´ve got another question:
What is the frame number of giratina in platinum in the torn world? I tried to catch one after hitting the right delays, but 2 times it was wrong so maybe i took the wrong frame.
According to many people and the OP the frame number is 12. But some people have been experiencing an additional 11 frames being advance the first time the open the journal. If you seem to keep going over by 11, that is probably why. If you got it wrong twice, and you did the correct number of journal flips, you should be able to find out what frame you got and how much over you were.

According to many people and the OP the frame number is 12. But some people have been experiencing an additional 11 frames being advance the first time the open the journal. If you seem to keep going over by 11, that is probably why. If you got it wrong twice, and you did the correct number of journal flips, you should be able to find out what frame you got and how much over you were.
i can confirme... I was looking for a flawless bold giratina, but I always missed the frame of 11! knowing that, I finally hit my frame!

Sry that I didn´t understand you (not English, sry).
My Giratina´s Target frame is 18. I expected 2 times 12 as starting frame and flipped the journal 3 times to reach that 18. But both times I got the wrong giratina. So what will I have to do according to your advice?

Find out what frame the Giratina you did catch is on, and work back from there as to how many flips you really need to do.

And how can i find out what frame giratina is on (and does it have to be the exactly same giratina I´m going to catch to check that or can I do it with any)?

And how can i find out what frame giratina is on (and does it have to be the exactly same giratina I´m going to catch to check that or can I do it with any)?
You get on your seed, you do what you think is the correct amount of journal flips (3) and catch giratina. Then, in RNG reporter, hit generate for method J for the list of frames you can get. Find out where the giratina you caught ends up on which frame.

Ok, i cought my giratina again. So the next thing on rng reprter I did, is first changed the "method" tab to "method j". Then i simply clicked "generate". So there was a list and I wrote down that data on frame 18, is that correct? But there was listed a different nature, different IVs and a different hp. What does that mean now?

Reposting:

think I'm not quite done yet with the info needed.

Is a seed picked when I talk to say Mewtwo? He will say "Mew!" or something like that. Or when I actually press A afterwards and the battle is started?

Also, when I've got this seed, I enter it in the main menu, right? So, I search for a spread, when I find one, do I need to add up/take down a certain amount of numbers to get the time I need to wait, or I take the time listed?

Because I tried it, but the spread I got was for a nine minute wait, I only had a 4.45 minute wait. I don't see how I could've add 5 more minutes.

I think I did something wrong when I checked the seed, but I do not know what :/

Reposting:

think I'm not quite done yet with the info needed.

Is a seed picked when I talk to say Mewtwo? He will say "Mew!" or something like that. Or when I actually press A afterwards and the battle is started?

Also, when I've got this seed, I enter it in the main menu, right? So, I search for a spread, when I find one, do I need to add up/take down a certain amount of numbers to get the time I need to wait, or I take the time listed?

Because I tried it, but the spread I got was for a nine minute wait, I only had a 4.45 minute wait. I don't see how I could've add 5 more minutes.

I think I did something wrong when I checked the seed, but I do not know what :/
what you are saying, if you did all in the right way, it's not your fault, it's because the FR/LG, RNG, while you're in a doungeon, runs faster, it runs at 120 fps instead of 60, but, notice that isn't really the game speed that's increased, it's like that you can hit only ODD or EVEN spreads, like, the game start skipping all even spreads, or all even...
Said so, you can hit only certain ODD or EVEN spreads, so, if you're using Mingot's Tool... make sure that your target Spread has and ODD Frame number, otherwise you'll skip it, since as I said, you'll hit only ODD or EVEN spread, but because mingot tool start counting them as 1 instead of 0, you want to hits ODD ones.
If your target spread is even, all you need to do is to mess up with the game menus, by saving the game, or just entering into the SAVE menu, and then closing it. This will change the kind of spreads that you can hit.
I've the suspect that any menu does that trick, so even just opening and closing, (for example) the pkm menu, should change the kind of spreads that you can hit.

When it says "Mew!" the RNG is still running. So when you press A to get rid of this, is when it stops. Yes main menu, method 1. You use save states to do this so when you get close, you save state. What you do is load the state, run it for a minute, and then battle and capture mewtwo. Then find out what frame you got, and that is how many frames you get per minute. Then you find out your target frame and divide by the number of frames you got for the minute.

I'm in Fullmoon island and I'd like caught a Perfect Darkrai with RNG (my frame is 71 and Darkrai's Frame is 1) but now there are two roaming Pokèmon. Usually the calculate is (71-1-)/2 = 35 but now, with the two Roaming Pokèmon, how can caught Darkrai ?

I'm in Fullmoon island and I'd like caught a Perfect Darkrai with RNG (my frame is 71 and Darkrai's Frame is 1) but now there are two roaming Pokèmon. Usually the calculate is (71-1-)/2 = 35 but now, with the two Roaming Pokèmon, how can caught Darkrai ?
If you have two roamers, you would calculate: (71-2-1)/2 = 34 journal flips.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
When it says "Mew!" the RNG is still running. So when you press A to get rid of this, is when it stops. Yes main menu, method 1. You use save states to do this so when you get close, you save state. What you do is load the state, run it for a minute, and then battle and capture mewtwo. Then find out what frame you got, and that is how many frames you get per minute. Then you find out your target frame and divide by the number of frames you got for the minute.
So there is no way to rng in Fr/Lg without using save states, or it just makes it easier to rng?

So I've got all the forms of RNG from the OP down pat for Pearl and Plat, but what is a "save state"?
It is where you save your game during any part of it. You can do a save state during battles, after you get your seed, at any point. Cyclo and some emulators have them. Really shouldn't be talking about these I think :S

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question, does the Buneary in Solaceon advance the frame?

In the OP it says things with a set movement do not advance the RNG but I've gotten different frames depending on how much it moves, if that makes any sense.

Quick question, does the Buneary in Solaceon advance the frame?

In the OP it says things with a set movement do not advance the RNG but I've gotten different frames depending on how much it moves, if that makes any sense.
You get different frames based on where it is because the other NPCs are moving at different times in Solaceon. You may be able to tell what frame you get when it's in a certain position, but it does not change based upon the Buneary's movements (I think).

what you are saying, if you did all in the right way, it's not your fault, it's because the FR/LG, RNG, while you're in a doungeon, runs faster, it runs at 120 fps instead of 60, but, notice that isn't really the game speed that's increased, it's like that you can hit only ODD or EVEN spreads, like, the game start skipping all even spreads, or all even...
Said so, you can hit only certain ODD or EVEN spreads, so, if you're using Mingot's Tool... make sure that your target Spread has and ODD Frame number, otherwise you'll skip it, since as I said, you'll hit only ODD or EVEN spread, but because mingot tool start counting them as 1 instead of 0, you want to hits ODD ones.
If your target spread is even, all you need to do is to mess up with the game menus, by saving the game, or just entering into the SAVE menu, and then closing it. This will change the kind of spreads that you can hit.
I've the suspect that any menu does that trick, so even just opening and closing, (for example) the pkm menu, should change the kind of spreads that you can hit.

Well, thanks for your posts, but I can't seem to figure out my frame actually. I have the Ivs, the nature, the seed, the PID, but I can't get a frame out of it :/

If you mean when I find my spread in the list of spreads after I input my seed, it's always 1. But that's not correct for sure...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It is where you save your game during any part of it. You can do a save state during battles, after you get your seed, at any point. Cyclo and some emulators have them. Really shouldn't be talking about these I think :S
Do save states require an R4? Hope Im not causing trouble, but several people say in their threads that they use save states and I would like to know how they work before I trade for any.

Well, thanks for your posts, but I can't seem to figure out my frame actually. I have the Ivs, the nature, the seed, the PID, but I can't get a frame out of it :/

If you mean when I find my spread in the list of spreads after I input my seed, it's always 1. But that's not correct for sure...
It is correct. It finds a seed that makes it on frame 1. It doesn't matter if that isn't the actual seed, since you have a save state. You advance from that frame to your target, so from frame 1 to 50, or from 31 to 81, it doesn't matter, both take the same amount of frames/times.

mattj - cyclo (a brand of flashcart) or an emulator that supports ds save states (desmume, I don't know of others).

Hey guys~ I'm back again, trying to breed shinies.

I did an IV battle to verify my SID with my shiny, and it came out the same as last night, and re-checked my trainer ID about 15 more times.

Every time I've tried since last night's failures has been another failure(no new shinies yet :( ). The last 5 attempts I've made the Nature has -not- matched, and I've been using a Japanese Ditto[and using DPPt Egg PID (International)], unlike the two that had their natures match up last night(no idea about the handful of attempts before that).

I went through the video tutorials, trying to figure out what I might be doing differently(or not doing) that's screwing it up and I've got a little list of things I'm doing that I just want to ask: Could they be the reason I'm not getting the expected results?
1) I'm using Max Repels and a level 50 pokemon to catch stuff above the Resort Area
2) I'm hitting the enemy pokemon with either Spore, or Super Fang to guarantee a capture(I don't have 999 Master Balls like those guys >_>)
3) If it says use happiness checker 62 times, I switch to it, then make them jump 62 times, then make my way through the apps and flip the coin 7 times if it says to flip the coin 7 times
4) I use Fly to get to Solocean, and drop my ditto and other pokemon off in the daycare(in this case, a Charizard I bred awhile back)
5) I go outside open the menu, select the Bike, and go up/down rt210-solocean-209

Anyway, still feeling like I'm missing something, I hope I can finally get this right eventually. :(

(edit: oh, and I'm not using an AR for any of it, though they do in every tutorial vid I've seen so far...[i.e. in-game IV checker, and quick hatch])

Hey guys~ I'm back again, trying to breed shinies.

I did an IV battle to verify my SID with my shiny, and it came out the same as last night, and re-checked my trainer ID about 15 more times.

Every time I've tried since last night's failures has been another failure(no new shinies yet :( ). The last 5 attempts I've made the Nature has -not- matched, and I've been using a Japanese Ditto[and using DPPt Egg PID (International)], unlike the two that had their natures match up last night(no idea about the handful of attempts before that).

I went through the video tutorials, trying to figure out what I might be doing differently(or not doing) that's screwing it up and I've got a little list of things I'm doing that I just want to ask: Could they be the reason I'm not getting the expected results?
1) I'm using Max Repels and a level 50 pokemon to catch stuff above the Resort Area
2) I'm hitting the enemy pokemon with either Spore, or Super Fang to guarantee a capture(I don't have 999 Master Balls like those guys >_>)
3) If it says use happiness checker 62 times, I switch to it, then make them jump 62 times, then make my way through the apps and flip the coin 7 times if it says to flip the coin 7 times
4) I use Fly to get to Solocean, and drop my ditto and other pokemon off in the daycare(in this case, a Charizard I bred awhile back)
5) I go outside open the menu, select the Bike, and go up/down rt210-solocean-209

Anyway, still feeling like I'm missing something, I hope I can finally get this right eventually. :(

(edit: oh, and I'm not using an AR for any of it, though they do in every tutorial vid I've seen so far...[i.e. in-game IV checker, and quick hatch])
What you need to do is find the nature/ivs of what you actually hatch, and see how far you are off of the egg you wanted. Hopefully, if you're close, that means you're only messing up on taps. I don't know what else to tell you, you've got the process down correctly, unless you're using an everstone or something else you're not mentioning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)