Modern Warfare 3

I'm anti-stopping power on most things though, lol.
and maybe its just my opinion, but I really hate things that are mostly (or close to) presicion-accurate. I actually prefer a spread of bullets, whereas with precision accuracy I mess up one bullet I always mess up the rest and end up getting killed. with a wider spray of shots, I can at least get some bullets in (it's why I might use shottys more if they just did more DAMAGE)
Which is why the Scar was better than th ACR in MW2.

Fuck yeah, first game I played with the SPAS-12 I went 20-4.

I'd never play this game by myself, it's 100% better with a full group of people who work as a team and communicate.

Only once I reached 50 did leveling slow Down... Back to what it was in MW2.

Also, the g36 is the definition of assault rifle. Well rounded stats, good damage, decent ROF, and low recoil. Great weapon if you are clueless on what to do.

Am I the only one who is complete ass at this game? I have never put out numbers so low in a Call of Duty game...

I have a below 1 KD =(.

Am I the only one who is complete ass at this game? I have never put out numbers so low in a Call of Duty game...

I have a below 1 KD =(.
kd isnt that important, although i like to have mine at at least one. i did nothing but snipe (read, quickscope) for pretty much my whole first time leveling up, so I finished with a .83 kd and now i'm up to .93 within the first 40 levels. if you aren't very good or are having trouble adjusting, try dialing it back and playing at a slower pace. a game where you go 12-8 boosts your kd more than a game you go 12-20 rushing.

The Riot Shield is a fucking gold mine for XP. Kinda slow to be truly effective in most situations, but I've faced some people that were pretty damn good at it and got top scores repeatedly.

In my experience (and that of my much more experienced friends), the riot shield is shot/knifed all the time in this game. I've tried using it, but I get discouraged when I watch the killcam and I see the knife skating across the surface of the riot shield but still killing me.

I don't get knifed much, but whenever I try to use it, I get killed by guns often even though I'm crouching and facing directly at someone and are following their movements perfectly. Probably best to stay at mid range in this game.

The riot shield is awesome with hardline pro, so many assists = so many stealth bombers/EMPs

I took down a recon drone using my EMP grenade today, felt so boss.

The Type 95 does 55 damage per shot at regular range which is a two shot kill (against the normal 100 health) so you don't even need to hit with the full burst to kill someone. This is also amazing for things like shooting through objects and players.

The two shot kill is normally limited to the semi-auto assault rifles which kinda blows for the MK14.
I'd like to know where you got your damage stats from!

In my experience (and that of my much more experienced friends), the riot shield is shot/knifed all the time in this game. I've tried using it, but I get discouraged when I watch the killcam and I see the knife skating across the surface of the riot shield but still killing me.
Yeah, this is really the only thing that deters me from using it even more than I do (did). To be perfectly honest, I think lag makes the shield virtually useless against anyone who decides to strafe while shooting you. On your screen, you could easily match their movements and stay safe behind the shield. But the game doesn't work this way with ping differences and lag compensation taken into consideration.

This and I hate it how you're vulnerable to knifing while mid shield-bash, lag or not.

The riot shield is awesome with hardline pro, so many assists = so many stealth bombers/EMPs

I took down a recon drone using my EMP grenade today, felt so boss.
Gotta try that! Usually just stick with blast shield to laugh off the semtex grenades, but this seems like a really cool alternative.

This is my first FPS and I must say, its awesome. Half my games are played on Arkaden, Hardhat and Outpost... everyone votes for the same maps.

Question: Is the Commando knife-fighter / "running around throwing pointy bits of metal by hand" tactic still absurdly overpowered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)