Modern Warfare 3

Also, I got the AK-47 today, and it seems really weak compared to previous ones. This game needs stopping power though. I've had so many times where I could have triples and quads by spraying, but my bullets don't do enough damage.
Seriously. Enemies would be zigzagging around, crossing each each and whenever I try to get a double/triple/quad, I can only manage to kill one of them, and get sprayed down by another that managed to escape the spray.

I disagree. Semtexes and Frags have to land like at their feet to kill them. Which is really annoying.
If you are just using grenades to kill people, then you got the idea wrong. I use semtex to push them back, so I get extra time to set myself for a reload or get the advantage of aiming down my sights before any enemy does as they try to avoid blast damage. I also use semtex or stun as a way to gain position advantage as I creep towards them to get closer for a kill. Of course I am a rusher, so gaining position advantage for closer/accurate kill may only be relative to me.

I also net at least 1-2 grenade kills per game and I am satisified with that. If I only get a hitmarker, then fine with me. Gives me the excitement to chase them down. I rather get my other kills with pure gunplay or killstreaks anyways

If you are just using grenades to kill people, then you got the idea wrong. I use semtex to push them back, so I get extra time to set myself for a reload or get the advantage of aiming down my sights before any enemy does as they try to avoid blast damage. I also use semtex or stun as a way to gain position advantage as I creep towards them to get closer for a kill. Of course I am a rusher, so gaining position advantage for closer/accurate kill may only be relative to me.

I also net at least 1-2 grenade kills per game and I am satisified with that. If I only get a hitmarker, then fine with me. Gives me the excitement to chase them down. I rather get my other kills with pure gunplay or killstreaks anyways
I guess that's the difference. I tend to play more defensively, somewhere between rushing and camping. Whatever you wanna call that. "Move from cover to cover slowly." I also play a lot of Domination, Demolition and Team Defender, so I guess I just feel like when I throw a Semtex on a flag/bombsite I just think it should kill everyone at said location.

I also play a lot of Domination, Demolition and Team Defender, so I guess I just feel like when I throw a Semtex on a flag/bombsite I just think it should kill everyone at said location.
Makes sense, your just use to it. But I can see why it could be mind-blowing when a grenade doesnt kill at set location in games like demolition or team defender. Domination, i rush my ass off like its TDM, but I play almost exclusively TDM (95% lol lol) where rushing should be encouraged since its an arcade style game mode.

Rushing is more risky in this game though. You have to be completely sure that some other guy won't be coming from a different angle.
It is risky. About 90% of my deaths come from my flanks, head to head mid-range/close range and ill kill you 95% of the time. But ive always been a rush player so I have a good feel of where the enemy is and where to move. I always try to be a little stealth by not following my team members and going a different route in order to flank the opposition (harder without unlimited sprint). I do notice though although I rack up alot of kills, I rack up a good amount of deaths like an average 2.0 KD ratio. 22 kills/11 deaths is somewhere in my average department lol.

Got one of those MOAB things the first day the game was released.

Anyways I think I've played enough to now say that this game is significantly better than MW2 but not as good as any other CoD.

Yeah I tend to rush almost all the time and it's really risky since their are so many corners where people can hide. Has anyone tried the Hydrid Sight? I might try it out but I wanted to see you guys's thoughts on it. Also, Alan, I think the word you're looking for is cautious/cautiously.

Yeah I tend to rush almost all the time and it's really risky since their are so many corners where people can hide. Has anyone tried the Hydrid Sight? I might try it out but I wanted to see you guys's thoughts on it. Also, Alan, I think the word you're looking for is cautious/cautiously.
I hate the hybrid sight. It blocks too much of the screen and it starts off with both scopes on, so if you want to just use the holo sight you have to flip the other one away, which sometimes i forget to do. So yeah, if you want the option of more range, then go ahead I guess, but this is CoD, it's easy to shoot people at range with a red dot or just iron sights. I personally use a silencer on all guns except the type 95.

I used a hybrid on the M14 and decided pretty quickly to stick with the irons. I was never much for sights unless the iron sights are completely slimy (FAD).

Also, does anyone know why the prestige shop won't give me a token for my W@W prestige? :/

Hybrid is essentially a Red Dot plus a slightly zoomed in ACOG. Depends on the gun you're using, some work well with the Red Dot. ACOG is completely up to preference and if you like it (or are good with it), it's a great attachment. For effective use however, you should always know when to flip to scope on or off and make most of best worlds. I'm not an ACOG fan myself so I don't use it much, but it isn't bad.

Hey, I just have to say I love this game, and I love FFA, but BOOSTING IS FUCKING BACK, I mean c'mon IW, can't you take a page from Black ops FFA rules? It really sucks that every 3rd match or so I have to get a specific class out to kill them boosters. /rant :chaos:

Hey, I just have to say I love this game, and I love FFA, but BOOSTING IS FUCKING BACK, I mean c'mon IW, can't you take a page from Black ops FFA rules? It really sucks that every 3rd match or so I have to get a specific class out to kill them boosters. /rant :chaos:
<Perk 1>
Assassin Pro
Dead Silence Pro
C4
Stun Grenade

<Silenced Primary>
RPG-7

Happy booster hunting! Enjoy those free kills!

am i the only one who uses P90 with Silencer? The thing's a beast

also @ people complaining about type 95 being OP: Since when didn't 3 round burst weapon kill in one burst?

I use the P90 with a silencer sometimes, but I prefer the PP90Mwhatever with rapid fire and extended magazines. The thing with the Type 95 isn't its three shot kill power, or its two shot kill power, but its one shot kill power.

also @ people complaining about type 95 being OP: Since when didn't 3 round burst weapon kill in one burst?
The Type 95 does 55 damage per shot at regular range which is a two shot kill (against the normal 100 health) so you don't even need to hit with the full burst to kill someone. This is also amazing for things like shooting through objects and players.

The two shot kill is normally limited to the semi-auto assault rifles which kinda blows for the MK14.

am i the only one who uses P90 with Silencer? The thing's a beast

m16 (and the g11 post-patch) in Black Ops were 2 burst kills for the most part.

I disregarded the type 95 in this game initially, mainly because I thought it would be a clone of the famas of MW2, which completely SUCKED.

And one of my best classes from Black Ops used a M16 ACOG+Silenced, which I was surprised how effective it was. I would do the same for the type 95, but since a good two-thirds of MW3 game is driven by CQC, I'm not that compelled to work on it, much less use it, at least until the first map pack if it gives us some larger maps (not nessecary large like jungle from black ops (which I hated), but somewhere between that and dome.).

Although I should have rethought my initial reactions to the type 95... I'm sure the Chinese can make a MUCH better 3-round burst weapon than any Frenchman.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rented this today. I cant touch it until tomorrow, but I guess we will see how long I can stand this shittacular game.

As usual, I liked this game the first few days, and, as usual, I hate it now. Only this time I'm almost inclined to sell it and buy the map packs for MW2.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
This

Plus, opinion is Gears of war 3 > Modern warfare 3 because it may just be me but third person shooting > first person shooting.

Note: If anyone says that these two games are the same they are not.
Who the hell would think that?

I disregarded the type 95 in this game initially, mainly because I thought it would be a clone of the famas of MW2, which completely SUCKED.
The FAMAS was probably the best assault rifle in MW2. With Stopping Power it was a 1 burst kill even at long range and it had dead on accuracy..

I'm anti-stopping power on most things though, lol.
and maybe its just my opinion, but I really hate things that are mostly (or close to) presicion-accurate. I actually prefer a spread of bullets, whereas with precision accuracy I mess up one bullet I always mess up the rest and end up getting killed. with a wider spray of shots, I can at least get some bullets in (it's why I might use shottys more if they just did more DAMAGE)

ok, so taking back my comment, it sucks TO ME, lol.

CLARIFYING EDIT: when I say shottys, I mean the ones in MW3, in case that wasn't clear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)