Project Metagame Workshop

Milotic uses Surf. Milotic has only one type and it gets stab so there is no second type for it to pull from. Surf deals one hit and has 90 bp as a result.

Milotic uses Ice Beam. Milotic has only one type and it doesn’t get stab so there is a second type for it to pull from. Ice Beam deals two hits (one hit is water type and one hit is ice type) and has 45 bp as a result.

Breloom uses Seed Bomb. Breloom has two types and it gets stab so there is no third type for it to pull from. Seed Bomb deals two hits (one hit is grass type and the other is fighting type) and has 40 bp as a result.

Breloom uses Stone Edge. Breloom has two types and it doesn’t get stab so there is a third type for it to pull from. Stone Edge deals three hits (one hit is grass type, a second is fighting type and the third is rock type) and has 34 bp as a result.

My question was how should multi hit attacks such as bullet seed be handled. Should we raise the number of hits to 6 (in order to properly divide into 2 and 3) and the Pokémon's types are evenly divided between the hits or should we just set a type priority order?
Question: Does the first attack from the Ice Beam Milotic get stab and the second one doesn't?
Also, multihit moves like Bullet Seed from a Breloom should do 4-10 hits with the first attack being grass then fighting and repeat.

You got the 1000th post. Lucky you.

Chinchou1984

Banned deucer.
Question: Does the first attack from the Ice Beam Milotic get stab and the second one doesn't?
Also, multihit moves like Bullet Seed from a Breloom should do 4-10 hits with the first attack being grass then fighting and repeat.

You got the 1000th post. Lucky you.
Milotic gets stab from one use of ice beam, yes

I'm dumb so I don't understand. Can you give me another example?
The normal behaviour is that if an attack's type is the same as is one of the attacker's types then it gets the same type attack bonus.

However, Stellarmons will give you additional bonuses, once per type per battle, only on attacks that don't already get a bonus.

Stellarmons completely ignores attacks that already get the same type attack bonus, but otherwise, for each type, on your first attack of that type, Stellarmons will give it an equivalent bonus.

The normal behaviour is that if an attack's type is the same as is one of the attacker's types then it gets the same type attack bonus.

However, Stellarmons will give you additional bonuses, once per type per battle, only on attacks that don't already get a bonus.

Stellarmons completely ignores attacks that already get the same type attack bonus, but otherwise, for each type, on your first attack of that type, Stellarmons will give it an equivalent bonus.
So, I have Iron Hands with EQ. I use EQ on the opposing Glimmora. Since its turn 1, the EQ is STAB due to the Stellarmons boost.

Is this how the metagame works?

So, I have Iron Hands with EQ. I use EQ on the opposing Glimmora. Since its turn 1, the EQ is STAB due to the Stellarmons boost.

Is this how the metagame works?
It doesn't matter which turn it is, just that EQ isn't already STAB for Iron Hands and you haven't had the Stellarmons boost for the Ground type yet.

I don't particularly want to run an OM, but what do you think about bringing back follow the leader? The meta where the mon in your first slot replaces all moves and abilities to the rest of your team.

I don't particularly want to run an OM, but what do you think about bringing back follow the leader? The meta where the mon in your first slot replaces all moves and abilities to the rest of your team.
I wouldn't be opposed and you could make an attempt. I would suggest not quite submitting anything yet due to the Indigo Disk DLC just having came out, and the mods don't want to approve or reject anything quite yet.

I don't know the exact details but I believe Follow the Leader was a precursor of Inheritance and Follow the Leader would probably not be accepted today due to being a restrictive version of Inheritance.

Assist Me!

Premise
: The Pokemon in battle may call an “assist” from a teammate once when on the field.
This is a 6v6 single format metagame. The first move in each Pokemon’s moveset will also become their “assist".
A Pokemon may only call an assist from either the Pokemon ahead of or behind it in order.

Example team order:
1000003833.gif
1000003835.gif
1000003834.gif

Garchomp is on the field. Gyarados' first move is Dragon Dance. Latias' first move is Recover. Garchomp has a time call of either Dragon Dance OR Recover while it is on the field.

Potential Bans:
Revival Blessing, Shed Tail,
and Rage Fist for sure. Maybe Tail Glow, Belly Drum, and Shift Gear as well. Other than that I'm not to sure what all would be considered too overpowered as assists can only be called once while a Pokemon is on the field.

Questions:
Should the player be able to select the order of their team before the battle or should it be determined on the teambuilder?

What are some other Moves/Pokemon that should be banned?

Assist Me!

Premise
: The Pokemon in battle may call an “assist” from a teammate once when on the field.
This is a 6v6 single format metagame. The first move in each Pokemon’s moveset will also become their “assist".
A Pokemon may only call an assist from either the Pokemon ahead of or behind it in order.

Example team order:
View attachment 584277View attachment 584279View attachment 584278
Garchomp is on the field. Gyarados' first move is Dragon Dance. Latias' first move is Recover. Garchomp has a time call of either Dragon Dance OR Recover while it is on the field.

Potential Bans:
and Rage Fist for sure. Maybe Tail Glow, Belly Drum, and Shift Gear as well. Other than that I'm not to sure what all would be considered too overpowered as assists can only be called once while a Pokemon is on the field.

Questions:
Should the player be able to select the order of their team before the battle or should it be determined on the teambuilder?

Answer to the first question: Let the player select the order of there team on the teambuilder. If you choose your own order, that would make this metagame have a bit too guessing.
Answer to second question: Watch out for strong setup moves such as Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, and Tidy Up, as that might be a bit too strong.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Assist Me!

Premise

Example team order:
View attachment 584281View attachment 584282View attachment 584283

Potential Bans:

Questions:

How do you call the assist?
If you need new buttons, that may be a problem.

How do you call the assist?
If you need new buttons, that may be a problem.
I was thinking the assist moves get added to the in battle Pokemon's moveset. When either of the assists are selected, they are unable to be selected again until the Pokemon on field switches out. So essentially you have 6 moves to choose from when you send a Pokemon out.

Not sure if that is even possible to implement but that's what I had in mind.

I was thinking the assist moves get added to the in battle Pokemon's moveset. When either of the assists are selected, they are unable to be selected again until the Pokemon on field switches out. So essentially you have 6 moves to choose from when you send a Pokemon out.

Not sure if that is even possible to implement but that's what I had in mind.
So like Assist with one PP?

Ability Spam
Premise:
Have you ever wanted to turn off your brain and simply spam broken mechanics onto your Pokemon? In Ability Spam, Pokemon can sacrifice their moveslots to run additional abilities, for example Dragonite can sacrifice one of its moves like Fire Punch to run Aerilate.

Rules:
Mechanic:
Players can replace a number of a Pokemon's moveslots in exchange for an equal number of abilities.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause
Bans:
Pokemon:
Annihilape, Arceus, Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu, Deoxys-Base, Deoxys-Attack, Darkrai, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Dragapult, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Keldeo, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lunala, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Regieleki, Shaymin-Sky, Sneasler, Solgaleo, Terapagos, Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, Urshifu-Base, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom
Abilities: Arena Trap, Armor Tail, Contrary, Comatose, Dazzling, Emergency Exit, Fur Coat, Good as Gold, Gorilla Tactics, Hadron Engine, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, Moody, Neutralizing Gas, Orichalcum Pulse, Parental Bond, Poison Heal, Primordial Sea, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Shadow Tag, Sand Veil, Simple, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost, Stench, Supreme Overlord, Stakeout, Tinted Lens, Unburden, Water Bubble, Wimp Out, Wonder Guard
Items: Choice Band, Choice Specs

Watchlist:
Dragonite, Gale Wings, Desolate Land, Magic Bounce

Strategy:
Increased Viability:

Pokemon that mainly use only one or two moves benefit largely by being able to sacrifice their other moveslots for better abilities.
:dragonite: Being able to sacrifice Fire Punch and maybe even Earthquake for Adaptability and Aerilate allows Dragonite to become a dangerous setup sweeper with Extreme Speed.
:toxapex: Replacing Haze with Unaware and another moveslot for Corrosion allows Toxapex to threaten most Pokemon without enough offensive power.

Decreased Viability:
Pokemon that usually need all of their moves suffer by being unable to benefit from more abilities.
:kingambit:Kingambit usually runs Kowtow Cleave, Sucker Punch, Low Kick/Iron Head, and Swords Dance. Eliminating any of these moves would be detrimental to Kingambit as it would lack strong STAB, priority, coverage, or stat-boosting.

Q&A:
Q: Do different abilities (e.g. Filter and Solid Rock) stack with each other?
A: Yes.

Q: What happens if I replace all the moves on a Pokemon with abilities?
A: The Pokemon will be forced to use Struggle.

Q: Can I use the same ability on a Pokemon more than once?
A: No.

Credits:
yoko Notgamingreally Octosquid420 for helping me with the premise, banlist, and viability.

Last edited:
Ability Spam
Premise:
Have you ever wanted to turn off your brain and simply spam broken mechanics onto your Pokemon? In Ability Spam, Pokemon can sacrifice their moveslots to run additional abilities, for example Dragonite can sacrifice one of its moves like Fire Punch to run Aerilate.

Rules:
Mechanic:
Players can replace a number of a Pokemon's moveslots in exchange for an equal number of abilities.
Bans:
Pokemon:
Annihilape, Arceus, Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chien-Pao, Deoxys-Base, Deoxys-Attack, Darkrai, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Dragapult, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Iron Valiant, Keldeo, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lunala, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Regieleki, Shaymin-Sky, Sneasler, Solgaleo, Terapagos, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom
Abilities: Arena Trap, Armor Tail, Contrary, Comatose, Dazzling, Emergency Exit, Fur Coat, Good as Gold, Gorilla Tactics, Huge Power, Ice Scales, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, Moody, Neutralizing Gas, Orichalcum Pulse, Parental Bond, Poison Heal, Primordial Sea, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Shadow Tag, Sand Veil, Simple, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost, Stench, Stakeout, Tinted Lens, Unburden, Water Bubble, Wimp Out, Wonder Guard

Watchlist:
Gale Wings, Hadron Engine, Supreme Overlord

Strategy:
Increased Viability:

Pokemon that mainly use only one or two moves benefit largely by being able to sacrifice their other moveslots for better abilities.
:dragonite: Being able to sacrifice Fire Punch and maybe even Earthquake for Adaptability and Aerilate allows Dragonite to become a dangerous setup sweeper with Extreme Speed.
:toxapex: Replacing Haze with Unaware and another moveslot for Corrosion allows Toxapex to threaten most Pokemon without enough offensive power.

Decreased Viability:
Pokemon that usually need all of their moves suffer by being unable to benefit from more abilities.
:kingambit:Kingambit usually runs Kowtow Cleave, Sucker Punch, Low Kick/Iron Head, and Swords Dance. Eliminating any of these moves would be detrimental to Kingambit as it would lack strong STAB, priority, coverage, or stat-boosting.

Q&A:

Credits:
yoko Notgamingreally Octosquid420 for helping me with the premise, banlist, and viability.
Ok then, someone made one of the bad ideas on the OM room poll into an actual suggestion. My issue with this metagame is that it will be very difficult to balance. Even with all the bans you have, there's so many options that will make many mons overpowered. Here's an example:

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Chlorophyll
- Adaptability
Ok, Flash Fire counters it but that's really specific. I think that this metagame requires too much to be balanced. If this really were to work, however, it could certainly be fun.

Ability Spam
Premise:

Rules:
Mechanic:
Bans:
Pokemon:
Annihilape, Arceus, Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chien-Pao, Deoxys-Base, Deoxys-Attack, Darkrai, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Dragapult, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Iron Valiant, Keldeo, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lunala, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Regieleki, Shaymin-Sky, Sneasler, Solgaleo, Terapagos, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom
Abilities: Arena Trap, Armor Tail, Contrary, Comatose, Dazzling, Emergency Exit, Fur Coat, Good as Gold, Gorilla Tactics, Huge Power, Ice Scales, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, Moody, Neutralizing Gas, Orichalcum Pulse, Parental Bond, Poison Heal, Primordial Sea, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Shadow Tag, Sand Veil, Simple, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost, Stench, Stakeout, Tinted Lens, Unburden, Water Bubble, Wimp Out, Wonder Guard

Watchlist:
Gale Wings, Hadron Engine, Supreme Overlord

Strategy:
Increased Viability:

Decreased Viability:

Q&A:

Credits:
I'm surprised you neither banned Magic Bounce nor put it on the watchlist. I do not really feel like being forced into using only symmetrical (e.g. Trick, Defog, Pain Split) and self-targeting (e.g. recovery, setup) status moves, even though I can force out those Magic Bouncers with the rather rare Parting Shot.

I'm also clueless why Primordial Sea is banned but Desolate Land is not.

I'd personally put Mold Breaker and clones on the watchlist because they might force Ability Shield or reduce all the fun you can have with abilities.

I'm inclined to put Toxic Debris on the watchlist due to making any sac fodder viable and gunking up the hazards game quite a lot. Since AAA banned it...

Gastro Acid only disables the ability in the ability slot...right?

Curious what is breaking Keldeo.

In the meantime, Pecharunt (:Pecharunt:) seems fun with Toxic Chain slapped on to synergize with Poison Puppeteer, but losing a moveslot bites for it (e.g. how good is Hex/Recover/Nasty Plot/Toxic Chain, really?).

Interesting that you left the Urshifus unbanned - I dunno how much I want to face this:

:Urshifu:
Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch / U-turn / Poison Jab / Iron Head
- Sniper

252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant on a critical hit: 112-132 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Tera Dark Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Interesting that you left Chi-Yu unbanned - let's see how much people like dealing with this:

:Chi-Yu:
Chi-Yu @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Desolate Land / Flame Charge / Taunt / Tera Blast
- Magic Guard

Also in the meantime, I'm not sure how much I want to face these:

:Iron Crown:
Iron Crown @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tachyon Cutter
- Calm Mind / Steelworker
- Steely Spirit
- Technician

+1 172 SpA Choice Specs Technician Iron Crown Tachyon Cutter (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 288-342 (44.1 - 52.4%) -- approx. 17.6% chance to 2HKO

:Heatran:
Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Steelworker / Magma Storm
- Steely Spirit
- Magic Guard

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Steely Spirit Heatran Steel Beam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 390-460 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Welp, good thing Gholdengo got indirectly banned by banning its only native ability...

Ok then, someone made one of the bad ideas on the OM room poll into an actual suggestion. My issue with this metagame is that it will be very difficult to balance. Even with all the bans you have, there's so many options that will make many mons overpowered. Here's an example:

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Chlorophyll
- Adaptability
Ok, Flash Fire counters it but that's really specific. I think that this metagame requires too much to be balanced. If this really were to work, however, it could certainly be fun.
Eruption isn't legal on Volcanion.

I'm surprised you neither banned Magic Bounce nor put it on the watchlist. I do not really feel like being forced into using only symmetrical (e.g. Trick, Defog, Pain Split) and self-targeting (e.g. recovery, setup) status moves, even though I can force out those Magic Bouncers with the rather rare Parting Shot.
I did not ban Magic Bounce since it did not seem worth using over other defensive abilities such as Regenerator, Unaware, Magic Guard, etc.

I'm also clueless why Primordial Sea is banned but Desolate Land is not.
There are fewer users that can abuse the Sun, since the only Fire Pokemon with Chlorophyll is Scovillain.

I'd personally put Mold Breaker and clones on the watchlist because they might force Ability Shield or reduce all the fun you can have with abilities.
I would argue that it is more of a risk to replace a moveslot with Mold Breaker on a sweeper since it does not provide any immediate power buffs and it could allow other Pokemon to countersweep.

Gastro Acid only disables the ability in the ability slot...right?
Yes.

Curious what is breaking Keldeo.
Keldeo becomes broken with rain and its annoying STAB combination with Secret Sword. AAA banned it, so I assume that it would be banned here as well.

:Urshifu:
Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch / U-turn / Poison Jab / Iron Head
- Sniper

252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant on a critical hit: 112-132 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sniper Tera Dark Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Urshifu-Base is going to be banned as well.

:Chi-Yu:
Chi-Yu @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Desolate Land / Flame Charge / Taunt / Tera Blast
- Magic Guard
Chi-Yu is going to be banned as well.

Also in the meantime, I'm not sure how much I want to face these:

:Iron Crown:
Iron Crown @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tachyon Cutter
- Calm Mind / Steelworker
- Steely Spirit
- Technician

+1 172 SpA Choice Specs Technician Iron Crown Tachyon Cutter (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 288-342 (44.1 - 52.4%) -- approx. 17.6% chance to 2HKO

:Heatran:
Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Steelworker / Magma Storm
- Steely Spirit
- Magic Guard

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Steely Spirit Heatran Steel Beam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 390-460 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Welp, good thing Gholdengo got indirectly banned by banning its only native ability...
Ice Scales is getting unbanned.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Ability Spam
Premise:

Rules:
Mechanic:
Bans:
Pokemon:
Annihilape, Arceus, Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu, Deoxys-Base, Deoxys-Attack, Darkrai, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Dragapult, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Keldeo, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lunala, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Regieleki, Shaymin-Sky, Sneasler, Solgaleo, Terapagos, Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, Urshifu-Base, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom
Abilities: Arena Trap, Armor Tail, Contrary, Comatose, Dazzling, Emergency Exit, Fur Coat, Good as Gold, Gorilla Tactics, Hadron Engine, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, Moody, Neutralizing Gas, Orichalcum Pulse, Parental Bond, Poison Heal, Primordial Sea, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Shadow Tag, Sand Veil, Simple, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost, Stench, Stakeout, Tinted Lens, Unburden, Water Bubble, Wimp Out, Wonder Guard

Watchlist:
Dragonite, Gale Wings, Desolate Land, Magic Bounce, Supreme Overlord

Strategy:
Increased Viability:

Decreased Viability:

Q&A:

Credits:
A lot of people undervalue how important each move slot is, giving up on coverage and utility is a very big price to pay for a x1.33 multiplier or niche stuff, I wouldn't start with such large ability banlist as you need some actually impactful stuff for the gimmick to actually be worth it, like Polteageist running Armor Tail like it would in AAA shouldn't break this tier, this isnt like SP were there is no real cost for the abusers, each move a set-up sweeper needs is important, this set would be worse than in AAA as you just don't get to run any coverage at all after you pick Shell Smash, Shadow Ball and Stored Power, dont even dream of running Sap as you wouldnt be able to hit Normal types, you may even be forced to run a move different from Stored as you want to hit darks somehow. At that point you just dont get to pick a damage modifier so you aren't running something that much scarier than vanilla tea.
Outside very limited stuff like some choice users, I wouldn't expect stuff to be running over a single extra ability.
It just seems like a more restricting version of Pokebilities + AAA at the end of the day.

Spelling cup by thebobatea

# **SPELLING CUP RULES AND GUIDE**

# **HOW IT WORKS**
By selecting mons,you will spell out names and create new mons; if that sounds confusing,I will give an example. By having a team of dondozo,iron hands,Ting lu,terapagos and oinkologne,you will spell out "ditto" making it so all of your mons can have the moves and abilities of ditto. It will only count one pokemon when spelled and you can inly use mons to spellother mons. By spelling a mon,you get acess to their forms' abilities and moves. The meta will be taking place in custom game as you can have more than six party members

# SPELLING CUP BANS & RESTRICTS

**Banned Abilities**
Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Stench, Wonder Guard, Contrary, Magic Guard

**Restricted Abilities**
Chlorophyll, Magnet Pull, Neutralising Gas, Regenerator, Swift Swim, Unburden, Armor Tail, Comatose, Contrary, Dazzling, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Good As Gold, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker, Multiscale, Poison Heal, Prankster, Protosynthesis, Pure Power, Purifying Salt, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Quick Feet, Sand Rush, Simple, Slush Rush, Stakeout, Stamina, Sturdy, Surge Surfer, Tinted Lens, Triage, Unaware

All Pokemons in Ubers are not allowed

**Banned Pokemon**
Smeargle, Shedinja

**Restricted Pokemon (spelling)**
Ditto, Ogerpon

**Restricted Pokemon (recievers)**
Regigigas, Slaking

**Banned Moves**
Baton Pass, Last Respects, Shed Tail,Bolt Beak,Fisheous Rend,No Retreat,Clangerous Soul

Tera is also banned

There's also a server if anybody is interested
https://discord.com/invite/txHXKaHe

# SAMPLE TEAMS

[Victini Sun Offense (feat. Toxapex)]
https://pokepast.es/f9952d8225bc928e by rightclicker

[Quarked up lesbians]
https://pokepast.es/b3b0701afcf354dc by tentacultistry

[Merciless Balance]
https://pokepast.es/dedae3b4d9b06786 by rightclicker

This is what I was kind of saying in the OM room today, offensive wallbreakers like Floatzel can run two or even three offensive abilities, but it's really, REALLY hard to run even a single extra ability on something like Corviknight or Toxapex.
Not really? Just run Regenerator instead of Roost on Corviknight and another move such as Fluffy instead of Brave Bird of Body Press and Corrosion and Unaware on Toxapex so you only need Toxic and Infestation, maybe.

I still think stall Pokemon can somewhat thrive in this meta.

I have also decided to ban Choice Band, Choice Specs, and Supreme Overlord, as they are the main enablers for 1 move sweepers.

Spelling cup by thebobatea

# **SPELLING CUP RULES AND GUIDE**

# **HOW IT WORKS**
By selecting mons,you will spell out names and create new mons; if that sounds confusing,I will give an example. By having a team of dondozo,iron hands,Ting lu,terapagos and oinkologne,you will spell out "ditto" making it so all of your mons can have the moves and abilities of ditto. It will only count one pokemon when spelled and you can inly use mons to spellother mons. By spelling a mon,you get acess to their forms' abilities and moves. The meta will be taking place in custom game as you can have more than six party members

# SPELLING CUP BANS & RESTRICTS

**Banned Abilities**
Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Stench, Wonder Guard, Contrary, Magic Guard

**Restricted Abilities**
Chlorophyll, Magnet Pull, Neutralising Gas, Regenerator, Swift Swim, Unburden, Armor Tail, Comatose, Contrary, Dazzling, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Good As Gold, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker, Multiscale, Poison Heal, Prankster, Protosynthesis, Pure Power, Purifying Salt, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Quick Feet, Sand Rush, Simple, Slush Rush, Stakeout, Stamina, Sturdy, Surge Surfer, Tinted Lens, Triage, Unaware

All Pokemons in Ubers are not allowed

**Banned Pokemon**
Smeargle, Shedinja

**Restricted Pokemon (spelling)**
Ditto, Ogerpon

**Restricted Pokemon (recievers)**
Regigigas, Slaking

**Banned Moves**
Baton Pass, Last Respects, Shed Tail,Bolt Beak,Fisheous Rend,No Retreat,Clangerous Soul

Tera is also banned

There's also a server if anybody is interested
https://discord.com/invite/txHXKaHe

# SAMPLE TEAMS

[Victini Sun Offense (feat. Toxapex)]
https://pokepast.es/f9952d8225bc928e by rightclicker

[Quarked up lesbians]
https://pokepast.es/b3b0701afcf354dc by tentacultistry

[Merciless Balance]
https://pokepast.es/dedae3b4d9b06786 by rightclicker
Ok, I have sooo many questions.
  • Do all the abilities of each mon activate?
  • Do you get all of the moves of each mon?
  • What's the limit of characters?
  • Is this a 1v1?
  • Not a question, but National Dex Formats are not allowed (I saw a Charizard on a Sample Team with Hidden Power Ice)
  • Why are there illegal moves on some of the sample teams? Charizard obviously does not get Blue Flare.
That's it for the questions. However, if your able to give Charizard Blue Flare, then this just seems like 1v1 Balanced Hackmons with a little extra flare to it. I could potentially see this working out but this also seems very advanced as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)