Project Metagame Workshop

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
I don’t get it.
I think I do- and I’ll reply here even if they gave an example in case I understand it now

So if I had Freeze Dry, Ice Shard, and Triple Axel on the same team, every ice move I use becomes SE to Water, Priority, and exponentially stronger? Sounds fun, albeit hard to balance

I think it’d be easier to just ditch “Heal Clause” and make it so status moves can’t be bound. It would parallel Fortemons, sure, but any meta with free status sounds terrible to balance. Shift Gear + Gigaton Hammer? Foresight + Boomburst is basically free Scrappy? Et cetera. Any other healing attacks can just pull from the strongest-leeching effect and ignore the rest, ex. Draining Kiss would rule over Bitter Blade’s effect, giving 75% back and not 75% + 50% (or whatever Bitter’s percent back is).

Cool idea though!

I think I do- and I’ll reply here even if they gave an example in case I understand it now

So if I had Freeze Dry, Ice Shard, and Triple Axel on the same team, every ice move I use becomes SE to Water, Priority, and exponentially stronger? Sounds fun, albeit hard to balance

I think it’d be easier to just ditch “Heal Clause” and make it so status moves can’t be bound. It would parallel Fortemons, sure, but any meta with free status sounds terrible to balance. Shift Gear + Gigaton Hammer? Foresight + Boomburst is basically free Scrappy? Et cetera. Any other healing attacks can just pull from the strongest-leeching effect and ignore the rest, ex. Draining Kiss would rule over Bitter Blade’s effect, giving 75% back and not 75% + 50% (or whatever Bitter’s percent back is).

Cool idea though!
Thanks for your comment. You understood the OM well. To take back your example, every ice move you use become SE to Water, Priority and that's all. I just noticed with my previous example that there is an inconsistancy because high priorities won't be added well with low ones, so I don't know how to get around this yet.

Hello everyone, I didn't post in a while but I see that some of you seriously racked their brain to expose potential OMs, so I'm amazed. Let me follow your example (I'm always grateful for your comments, even the harsh words. I did many drafts but none of them convinced me enough to put in suggestion) :

BOUND View attachment 588571 EFFECT

Premise : A Pokémon share same type moves effects with its teammates'.

Rules :

Single battle 6v6. When a status move is used, all effects from the team's same type status moves will be added, and so respectively with offensive ones. The effects follow according to how many active pokémon are left in the team, yet their probability of happening (for offensive moves) and the accuracy of the matched moves are taken into account.

Example : Here is a team of 6 pokémon.

View attachment 588621[Crunch/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Facade]
View attachment 588622[Stone Axe/X-Scissor/Endure/Night Slash]
View attachment 588625[Slack Off/Whirlwind/Bulldoze/Ice Fang]
View attachment 588626[Knock Off/Gigaton Hammer/Smack Down/Encore]
View attachment 588627[Rapid Spin/Sword Dance/Brick Break/Earthquake]
View attachment 588628[U-Turn/Scorching Sand/Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb]

So whenever Crunch is used, and as long as teammates are in good shape, it will potentially reduce Defense (Crunch's secondary effect), have a higher chance of a critical hit (Night Slash), and remove an item (Knock Off). Same for X-Scissor which'd let Kleavor switch out of field (U-Turn), or Endure which enables it to withstand next hit, recover HP (Slack Off), then boost its Attack (Swords Dance). However, Whirlwind won't activate because of its negative priority - and so on. The additionnal effects vanish for each Pokémon fainted.

Clauses :

Standard OMs:
Sleep Moves Clause:
Moves that induce sleep are banned.
Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon frozen at a time.

Bans :

Abilities :
Arena Trap, Contrary, Moody, Sand Veil, Sand Force, Shadow Tag, Slush Rush, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost
Items : Bright Powder, King's Rock
Moves : Baton Pass, Copycat, Clangorous Soul, Fillet Away, Flower Trick, Last Respects, Metronome, Power Trip, Rage Fist, Shed Tail, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Stored Power, Surging Strike, Tail Glow, Tidy Up, Wicked Blow, Wish.
Pokémons : Arceus (all forms), Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chi-Yu, Chien-Pao, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga (both forms), Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina (both forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Hoopa-Unbound,
Iron Bundle, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem Black + White, Landorus, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna (both forms), Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma Dusk Mane + Dawn Wings, Ogerpon, Palafin (both forms), Palkia (both forms),
Rayquaza, Regieleki, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Spectrier, Terapagos (all forms), Zacian (both forms), Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom

Restricted Bans :

First Impression + U-turn (Teammate)
Any normal type multi-hit moves + Fake Out (Teammate)
Beat Up + Assurance (Teammate)
Protect + Substitute (Teammate)
Any priority water type move + Flip Turn (Teammate)
Thunderclap + Volt Switch (Teammate)

Watchlist :

Abilities :
Opportunist, Prankster, Serene Grace, Unaware
Items : Loaded Dice, Clear Amulet
Mechanic : Terastallization
Moves : Assist, Belly Drum, No Retreat, Parting Shot, Shift Gear, Tri Attack
Moves Combo : Substitute + Wish (Teammate), Any Protect-like + Wish (Teammate)
Pokémons : Gholdengo, Kingambit, Urshifu (both forms), Volcarona

Noticeable Increased Viability :

DragoniteView attachment 588606 takes even more advantage of Extreme Speed when supported by Rapid Spin View attachment 588609 and Hyper DrillView attachment 588611, as it can bypass Protect users, remove hazards and still be faster. Its wide coverage plus its ability to place itself on the field thanks to Multiscale and the Heavy-duty Boots, make it a huge threat as a sweeper.

Noticeable Decreased Viability :

GlimmoraView attachment 588612loses a lot of practicality as its main lead role being reversed by any normal type users, because of the potential Rapid Spin effect. It lack of speed would be compensated by its access to Rock Polish ; then, its Toxic + Corrosion combo and its access to Spiky Shield, supported by Leech SeedView attachment 588613, would certainly make it a good cancer. Yet, it would still be cornered by most of steel type Pokémons, such as Iron TreadsView attachment 588614, GholdengoView attachment 588616 or CorviknightView attachment 588617.

Q&A :

Q1 :
Does Pixilate (or equivalent) give effects of fairy type moves to the user ?
A1 : No, this OM's rules prevail any mechanics, so any Pixilate user will get effects from normal type moves.

Q2 : Do n-turns moves benefit effects from the regular ones ?
A2+N : Yes, but only with 2-turns moves : the effects would happen at the second turn. Note : in case a Pokémon use a normal-type status move and one of its teammates has Wish, it'd get healed next turn.
I actually really like this metagame, and I can see the huge amount of effort into this metagame. I have some extra details I think you should add to the banlist as well as some questions.
  • If my Dragonite uses Outrage, and I also have a Dragon Tail user, does Outrage become negative priority? Also, how does priority work?
  • I think you should change the premise to "If the move the user is using has the same type as another move, then the moves share secondary effects." or at least something like this. We don't want people like Kaensoul to be confused with this metagame lol.
  • Any protect move should be banned. I'd love to click Swords Dance and also be protected. I'd love to click Will-O-Wisp and be burning bulwarked. I'd love to click Leech Seed and also be spikey shielded. I'd love to Bulk Up and be detected.
  • Confused as to why every multihit move isn't banned.
  • I made some spelling edits, punctuation edits, and more. If your going to submit this, you'll probably what to use my version. (Btw, its what I quoted.)
  • Any multihit move should be banned.
That's all I got for now, might have more questions later.

I actually really like this metagame, and I can see the huge amount of effort into this metagame. I have some extra details I think you should add to the banlist as well as some questions.
  • If my Dragonite uses Outrage, and I also have a Dragon Tail user, does Outrage become negative priority? Also, how does priority work?
  • I think you should change the premise to "If the move the user is using has the same type as another move, then the moves share secondary effects." or at least something like this. We don't want people like Kaensoul to be confused with this metagame lol.
  • Any protect move should be banned. I'd love to click Swords Dance and also be protected. I'd love to click Will-O-Wisp and be burning bulwarked. I'd love to click Leech Seed and also be spikey shielded. I'd love to Bulk Up and be detected.
  • Confused as to why every multihit move isn't banned.
  • I made some spelling edits, punctuation edits, and more. If your going to submit this, you'll probably what to use my version. (Btw, its what I quoted.)
  • Any multihit move should be banned.
That's all I got for now, might have more questions later.
Thanks for your comment, now for your points :
  • Incidentally, no. Outrage would still have 0 priority but would send opponents out. Problem is, if you use a +1 priority move that can expel the opponent, than the latter can't fight back unless by having a higher priority move, which doesn't please me, especially given the fact that there's a combo Protect + Roar that use the same principle ;
  • I would agree to anyone who would say that I'm bad at phrasing premises. Problem is, if I write "the same type as another move", this could mean "all pokémon combine the effects of the moves which share the same type in their own moveslot", and I don't want that ;
  • Protect would miss if Sword Dance is repeated in a row, so even if it's tempting it's not necessarily overwhelming ;
  • I'll add a Confusion Clause so that confusing is banned
  • I'm not submitting it for the moment, but I'll check punctuation bit by bit.
  • I think Loaded Dice being banned is a better choice, I would like more opinions about this to confirm.
EDIT : I added the Confusion Clause.

Thanks for your comment, now for your points :
  • Incidentally, no. Outrage would still have 0 priority but would send opponents out. Problem is, if you use a +1 priority move that can expel the opponent, than the latter can't fight back unless by having a higher priority move, which doesn't please me, especially given the fact that there's a combo Protect + Roar that use the same principle ;
  • I would agree to anyone who would say that I'm bad at phrasing premises. Problem is, if I write "the same type as another move", this could mean "all pokémon combine the effects of the moves which share the same type in their own moveslot", and I don't want that ;
  • Protect would miss if Sword Dance is repeated in a row, so even if it's tempting it's not necessarily overwhelming ;
  • I'll add a Confusion Clause so that confusing is banned
  • I'm not submitting it for the moment, but I'll check punctuation bit by bit.
  • I think Loaded Dice being banned is a better choice, I would like more opinions about this to confirm.
EDIT : I added the Confusion Clause.
Whoops lol. I said the multihit moves should be banned twice. I don't actually think confusion should be banned, I just was confused to why multihit moves weren't banned. You don't need to actually ban confusion.

Whoops lol. I said the multihit moves should be banned twice. I don't actually think confusion should be banned, I just was confused to why multihit moves weren't banned. You don't need to actually ban confusion.
Okay so I'll erase the Confusion Clause.
EDIT : Done.
RE-EDIT : I've also rewritten the premise and changed the presentation a little bit. I hope it'll sound more understandable to you.

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
:trubbish: JUNK JETTISON :trubbish:
Used up your item? JUST CHUCK IT!

Premise:
Items you use up or activate will be thrown at the opponent after it’s used (as if you used Fling, but it’s typeless). For example, a Focus Sash that is used up will be thrown at the opponent! This does not affect items you hold onto like Leftovers or Heavy-Duty Boots, only items that perish. Both White Herb and Mental Herb use their effects on the opponent too, by the way.

-Species Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Evasion Items Clause
-Evasion Moves Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Moody Clause
-Endless Battle Clause
-Tera Clause (no Terastelizing)

Watchlist:
Unburden
Room Service

Questions:
Should Knock Off activate a junk jettison? It would make for a more interesting meta but it would also be hard to justify.

I also had an idea to buff the damage of the junk thrown, since most items in this meta would be 10 base power. Would that be reasonable? I’d say any item with base power less than or equal to 50 would be boosted to 60.

:ogerpon: :pecharunt: Chainmon :okidogi: :munkidori: :fezandipiti:
Premise: All attacking moves on your team share their secondary effects with their respective move slot
Example:
Say one of your Pokemon is this;
:pecharunt:
1. Malignant Chain
2. Hex
3. Foul Play
4. Recover
and
:ogerpon:
1. Leaf Storm
2. Trailblaze
3. Horn Leech
4. Knock Off
In this case;
The moves in slot 1 would have a 50% chance to Badly Poison a target + will drop SpA by 2 stages
The moves in slot 2 would double in power if the target is statused + has 100% chance to raise the user's speed by 1 stage
The moves in slot 3 would work of the target's Atk stat + will heal 50% damage dealt
Knock Off is unchanged as Recover is a status move, and likewise Recover is also unchanged
Adding in another Pokemon
:okidogi:
1. Bulk Up
2. Throat Chop
3. Drain Punch
4. Gunk Shot
The moves in slot 1 still have chance to badly poison and drop spa, but don't gain anything else
The moves in slot 2 will now additionally prevent the target from using sound moves for 2 turns
The moves in slot 3 still use the target's Atk and heal 50% damage dealt
Ogerpon's Knock Off will have a chance to Poison and Okidogi's Gunk Shot will also remove the opponent's item
Potential Restrictions and Threats:
Some moves definitely need to be restricted. Restricted as in, you will be able to use them, but they will not because to share their effects. Few moves that come to mind:
-Flinching moves
-Nuzzle
-Fickle Beam
-Dragon Tail/Circle Throw

Some non-move bans:
-Contrary
-Serene Grace
-Standard bans

Questions:
1. How "deep" should the sharing or move effects go? For example, if you use Drain Punch in slot 1, should all moves in Slot 1 also be Punching moves as well? What should be done about priority moves too?

2. How should Multi-hit moves like Icicle Spear work for sharing? Letting all moves in a slot hit 2-5 times obviously won't be balanced and would make them restricted, but also what should be done about secondary effects with multi-hit moves? I would say if say Icicle Spear was chained to Rapid Spin, it should only give +1 after all hits, and not +1 for each individual hit. I want to know how you guys feel about multi-hit moves.

3. I was also thinking about what should be done with repeat moves/effects. For example, Knock Off's effect on its own probably wouldn't be too bad for 1 slot, but multiple Pokemon can learn Knock Off and can put Knock Off in each slot. This has opportunity cost and honestly hard to tell if that specifically would be broken. What do you guys think?

:ogerpon: :pecharunt: Chainmon :okidogi: :munkidori: :fezandipiti:
Premise: All attacking moves on your team share their secondary effects with their respective move slot
Example:
Say one of your Pokemon is this;
:pecharunt:
1. Malignant Chain
2. Hex
3. Foul Play
4. Recover
and
:ogerpon:
1. Leaf Storm
2. Trailblaze
3. Horn Leech
4. Knock Off
In this case;
The moves in slot 1 would have a 50% chance to Badly Poison a target + will drop SpA by 2 stages
The moves in slot 2 would double in power if the target is statused + has 100% chance to raise the user's speed by 1 stage
The moves in slot 3 would work of the target's Atk stat + will heal 50% damage dealt
Knock Off is unchanged as Recover is a status move, and likewise Recover is also unchanged
Adding in another Pokemon
:okidogi:
1. Bulk Up
2. Throat Chop
3. Drain Punch
4. Gunk Shot
The moves in slot 1 still have chance to badly poison and drop spa, but don't gain anything else
The moves in slot 2 will now additionally prevent the target from using sound moves for 2 turns
The moves in slot 3 still use the target's Atk and heal 50% damage dealt
Ogerpon's Knock Off will have a chance to Poison and Okidogi's Gunk Shot will also remove the opponent's item
Potential Restrictions and Threats:
Some moves definitely need to be restricted. Restricted as in, you will be able to use them, but they will not because to share their effects. Few moves that come to mind:
-Flinching moves
-Nuzzle
-Fickle Beam
-Dragon Tail/Circle Throw

Some non-move bans:
-Contrary
-Serene Grace
-Standard bans

Questions:
1. How "deep" should the sharing or move effects go? For example, if you use Drain Punch in slot 1, should all moves in Slot 1 also be Punching moves as well? What should be done about priority moves too?

2. How should Multi-hit moves like Icicle Spear work for sharing? Letting all moves in a slot hit 2-5 times obviously won't be balanced and would make them restricted, but also what should be done about secondary effects with multi-hit moves? I would say if say Icicle Spear was chained to Rapid Spin, it should only give +1 after all hits, and not +1 for each individual hit. I want to know how you guys feel about multi-hit moves.

3. I was also thinking about what should be done with repeat moves/effects. For example, Knock Off's effect on its own probably wouldn't be too bad for 1 slot, but multiple Pokemon can learn Knock Off and can put Knock Off in each slot. This has opportunity cost and honestly hard to tell if that specifically would be broken. What do you guys think?
I personally really like metagame ideas like this, but I doubt this will be accepted. Since Fortemons is the metagame taking the niche of secondary effects, I think that it is unlikely this will be accepted.

I personally really like metagame ideas like this, but I doubt this will be accepted. Since Fortemons is the metagame taking the niche of secondary effects, I think that it is unlikely this will be accepted.
I was gonna say this is more like Shared Power but for moves instead. As Slot 1 would share all the effects of every attacking move in Slot 1 and so on. Fortemons does one part similar but way differently. Plus not other there haven’t been similar Other Metagames like Cross Evo and Inheritance.

Weather Wars

Premise:
Basically weather will become permanant akin to pre gen 6.

Snow will replace hail.

As terrains are just another side of a coin to weather they will be permanant as well.

This metagame is for weather enthusiasts like me.

Bans: Standard OU bans.

Watchlist: Venusaur , Gouging fire , Raging Bolt , Walking Wake , Great Tusk , Roaring Moon , Sandy Shocks ,Torkoal , Archuladon , Barraskewda , Kingdra, Basculegion-female , Basculegion , Pelipper , Excadril , Drednaw , Overqwil , Floatzel , Ludicolo , Golduck , H-lilligant, Iron Valiant , Iron Moth , Iron Boulder, Iron Leaves.

Any Questions related to this feel free to ask :)

Have a good day.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
for the record, this is a discrepancy since neither horn leech nor foul play have secondary effects. This could be cool if it was kept as secondaries, since honestly given how fortemons is rn with its ambiguous mechanic implementations one way or another makes it hard to consider putting all 6 move effects at once without the move either crashing or causing issues mid-battle

Weather Wars

Premise:
Basically weather will become permanant akin to pre gen 6.

Snow will replace hail.

As terrains are just another side of a coin to weather they will be permanant as well.

This metagame is for weather enthusiasts like me.

Bans: Standard OU bans.

Watchlist: Venusaur , Gouging fire , Raging Bolt , Walking Wake , Great Tusk , Roaring Moon , Sandy Shocks ,Torkoal , Archuladon , Barraskewda , Kingdra, Basculegion-female , Basculegion , Pelipper , Excadril , Drednaw , Overqwil , Floatzel , Ludicolo , Golduck , H-lilligant, Iron Valiant , Iron Moth , Iron Boulder, Iron Leaves.

Any Questions related to this feel free to ask :)

Have a good day.
I feel like everyone would just use sun due to protosynthesis and I don't think this metagame changes anything significant enough to be its own metagame. The terrain addition is cool but I still don't think its enough to justify this as a metagame.

I feel like everyone would just use sun due to protosynthesis and I don't think this metagame changes anything significant enough to be its own metagame. The terrain addition is cool but I still don't think its enough to justify this as a metagame.
I have kept a few noteworthy potentially broken protosynthesis mons as watchlist. If the mons end up being too centralizing/broken they will get banned.

One Foe, One Blow
Premise: Every pokemon dies in 1 hit, but every move has 1 pp. This only applies to direct damage; indirect damage such as hazards, weather damage, and toxic apply as normal. Status moves also have 1 pp.

Clauses:
Standard OMS clause
MINUS endless battle clause because it's no longer possible and harvest/leppa berry strats are actually a strategy now
Tera Clause
Switch Clause: If one side switches pokemon 10 turns in a row, that side automatically loses (to prevent endless switching without hazards to punish

Banned moves:
Feint :scizor:
All priority moves with no type immunities (Aqua Jet, Water Shuriken, Accelrock, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Grassy Glide, First Impression)
All Sound-based moves

Banned abilities:
Shadow Tag :gothitelle:
Arena Trap :dugtrio:
Sturdy :bastiodon:

Banned Pokemon:
Ditto :ditto:
Gholdengo :Gholdengo:

Banned items:
Focus Sash :ceruledge:

Watchlist:
The rest of the priority moves, particularly Extreme Speed
Multi-Hit Moves, particularly Population Bomb

Strategy:
Protect is an absolutely essential move on every single pokemon. I predict that teams will stack immunities to common attacking types, and that ghost types will be absolutely mandatory. Chip-heavy teams will become a thing to win the inevitable struggle wars that will define the game, utilizing fast sub and protect users with immunities such as Pult, Talonflame, and Zacian-C.

One Foe, One Blow
Premise: Every pokemon dies in 1 hit, but every move has 1 pp. This only applies to direct damage; indirect damage such as hazards, weather damage, and toxic apply as normal. Status moves also have 1 pp.

Clauses:
Standard OMS clause
MINUS endless battle clause because it's no longer possible and harvest/leppa berry strats are actually a strategy now
Tera Clause
Switch Clause: If one side switches pokemon 10 turns in a row, that side automatically loses (to prevent endless switching without hazards to punish

Banned moves:
All priority moves with no type immunities (Aqua Jet, Water Shuriken, Accelrock, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Grassy Glide, First Impression)
All Sound-based moves

Banned abilities:

Banned Pokemon:

Banned items:

Watchlist:

Strategy:
Protect is an absolutely essential move on every single pokemon. I predict that teams will stack immunities to common attacking types, and that ghost types will be absolutely mandatory. Chip-heavy teams will become a thing to win the inevitable struggle wars that will define the game, utilizing fast sub and protect users with immunities such as Pult, Talonflame, and Zacian-C.
This metagme seems very luck based. It just feels like its who's Choice Scarf Regieleki is faster. Priority is also just dumb (E-Speed).

One Foe, One Blow

Clauses:
Standard OMS clause
Tera Clause

Banned moves:
All Sound-based moves

Banned abilities:

Banned Pokemon:

Banned items:

Watchlist:

Strategy:
This metagame is a nice twist to the game like loser's game, but there are only a few usable pokemon. The addition of upper hand brings some nuance into the metagame, but in the end I feel like it will end up as rps with faster sweepers, priority spam, priority immunes.

I don't think those priority moves should be banned(at least with the current rule set) as enough counterplay with dazzling like abilities and psychic terrain.(only because of the already rps like nature of the metagame)

Another thing is due to the fast pace and the lack of useful items(besides scarf) focus band will be actually used and should be banned.

One Foe, One Blow

Clauses:
Standard OMS clause
Tera Clause

Banned moves:
All Sound-based moves

Banned abilities:

Banned Pokemon:

Banned items:

Watchlist:

Strategy:
A Quick Look at the VR
IMG_2267.png

:kangaskhan-mega:(Insert name here, something like "bondmons):kangaskhan-mega:

In Generation 6, Gamefreak introduced us with an ability known as, Parental Bond. The ability Parental Bond works so that after a Pokemon's first attack, it will attack again, being 25% weaker than the original attack. So, what if all Pokemon could have this ability along with their regular abilities?

Rules:

Mechanic:
Each Pokemon automatically has Parental Bond stacked on to their original ability.
Example:
Let's say you have Quaquaval. Quaquaval uses Aqua Step. This deals 60% and raises Quaquaval's Speed by one. However, the move is now used a second time and deals 15% while raising Quaquaval's speed again to +2.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause, Terastal Clause
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
:calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
:annihilape:Annihilape
:arceus-fire:Arceus(All Forms)
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice
:chien-pao:Chien-Pao
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:deoxys:Deoxys
:deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
:dialga-origin:Dialga(Base+Origin)
:espathra:Espathra
:eternatus:Eternatus
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
:giratina-origin:Giratina(Base+Origin)
:groudon:Groudon
:ho-oh:Ho-oh
:koraidon:Koraidon
:kyogre:Kyogre
:kyurem-black:Kyurem-B
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-W
:landorus:Landorus-I
:lugia:Lugia
:lunala:Lunala
:magearna:Magearna
:mewtwo:Mewtwo
:miraidon:Miraidon
:necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palafin:Palafin
:palkia-origin:Palkia(Base+Origin)
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:reshiram:Reshiram
:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo:Solgaleo
:spectrier:Spectrier
:terapagos-terastal:Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Blood
:urshifu:Urshifu(Single+Rapid)
:zacian-crowned:Zacian(Base+Crown)
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom:Zekrom
Banned Moves:
:orthworm:Shed Tail
:basculin-white-striped:Last Respects
:smeargle:Baton Pass
:sneasler:Dire Claw
Banned Abilities:
:octillery:Moody
:gothitelle:Shadow Tag
:trapinch:Arena Trap
:palossand:Sand Veil
:froslass:Snow Cloak
Banned Items:
:politoed:King’s Rock
:weavile:Razor Fang
Watchlist:
:decidueye-hisui: Flinch Moves
:skeledirge: 100% effect Moves

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:skeledirge::volcarona::azelf: Pokemon that have a 100% or 50% chance to raise their offense stats twice in one turn while still attacking is incredible.

Decreased Viability:
:skarmory::toxapex::gliscor: Pokemon that focus primarily on utility and status moves don't gain much from having two attacks.

Q&A:

Q: Are status moves used twice?
A: Nope, since Parental Bond only works on attacks.

Q: Are secondary effects accounted for in each attack?
A: Yes, so you will gain +2 Special Attack when you use Torch Song with Skeledirge.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Resources:

Playability:
This format isn’t currently playable.

Council:
:iron bundle: Gambit_Gamin (Leader)

Ban History: Nothing yet.

Questions for the Community:

Question:
Do you think that this OM will be too offensive for their to be much of a balance in this OM?

Question: Should the mechanic be modified to allow this to work with status moves as well?

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
:kangaskhan-mega:(Insert name here, something like "bondmons):kangaskhan-mega:

In Generation 6, Gamefreak introduced us with an ability known as, Parental Bond. The ability Parental Bond works so that after a Pokemon's first attack, it will attack again, being 25% weaker than the original attack. So, what if all Pokemon could have this ability along with their regular abilities?

Rules:

Mechanic:
Each Pokemon automatically has Parental Bond stacked on to their original ability.
Example:
Let's say you have Quaquaval. Quaquaval uses Aqua Step. This deals 60% and raises Quaquaval's Speed by one. However, the move is now used a second time and deals 15% while raising Quaquaval's speed again to +2.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause, Terastal Clause
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
:calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
:annihilape:Annihilape
:arceus-fire:Arceus(All Forms)
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice
:chien-pao:Chien-Pao
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:deoxys:Deoxys
:deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
:dialga-origin:Dialga(Base+Origin)
:espathra:Espathra
:eternatus:Eternatus
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
:giratina-origin:Giratina(Base+Origin)
:groudon:Groudon
:ho-oh:Ho-oh
:koraidon:Koraidon
:kyogre:Kyogre
:kyurem-black:Kyurem-B
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-W
:landorus:Landorus-I
:lugia:Lugia
:lunala:Lunala
:magearna:Magearna
:mewtwo:Mewtwo
:miraidon:Miraidon
:necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palafin:Palafin
:palkia-origin:Palkia(Base+Origin)
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:reshiram:Reshiram
:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo:Solgaleo
:spectrier:Spectrier
:terapagos-terastal:Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Blood
:urshifu:Urshifu(Single+Rapid)
:zacian-crowned:Zacian(Base+Crown)
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom:Zekrom
Banned Moves:
:orthworm:Shed Tail
:basculin-white-striped:Last Respects
:smeargle:Baton Pass
:sneasler:Dire Claw
Banned Abilities:
:octillery:Moody
:gothitelle:Shadow Tag
:trapinch:Arena Trap
:palossand:Sand Veil
:froslass:Snow Cloak
Banned Items:
:politoed:King’s Rock
:weavile:Razor Fang
Watchlist:
:decidueye-hisui: Flinch Moves
:skeledirge: 100% effect Moves

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:skeledirge::volcarona::azelf: Pokemon that have a 100% or 50% chance to raise their offense stats twice in one turn while still attacking is incredible.

Decreased Viability:
:skarmory::toxapex::gliscor: Pokemon that focus primarily on utility and status moves don't gain much from having two attacks.

Q&A:

Q: Are status moves used twice?
A: Nope, since Parental Bond only works on attacks.

Q: Are secondary effects accounted for in each attack?
A: Yes, so you will gain +2 Special Attack when you use Torch Song with Skeledirge.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Resources:

Playability:
This format isn’t currently playable.

Council:
:iron bundle: Gambit_Gamin (Leader)

Ban History: Nothing yet.

Questions for the Community:

Question:
Do you think that this OM will be too offensive for their to be much of a balance in this OM?

Question: Should the mechanic be modified to allow this to work with status moves as well?
This doesn't sound like a big enough change, would just make everything stronger/frailer, there are some nice/broken interaction like Torch Song, and every chance of secondary effect gets increased, but don't think it would be an interesting enough change to base a format around.

This doesn't sound like a big enough change, would just make everything stronger/frailer, there are some nice/broken interaction like Torch Song, and every chance of secondary effect gets increased, but don't think it would be an interesting enough change to base a format around.
Would this be cool if status moves did the same, cause getting up two Spikes in one turn and being able to Swords Dance to get +4 would be pretty cool.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Would this be cool if status moves did the same, cause getting up two Spikes in one turn and being able to Swords Dance to get +4 would be pretty cool.
I guess it could be more interesting, but you would need a rather large banlist to balance it, as everything gaining simple, serene grace on top of the damage boost and some wacky interactions that could appear would result in a lot of chaos.
It sounds fine for a for fun format, but those don't last for long enough as people lose interest after being cheesed on ladder one too many times.

Hello everyone, what do you think about this ? (caution : pun coming in)

Smell Off Art
Premise : All moves are repeated a second time, two turns after being used.

Rules :

Restricted to single battles up to 6v6. This OM use Future Sight/Doom Desire behaviour as a base for all other moves. As a result :
- every moves are "stored" alongside their type, base power and/or effects after being used, then unleashed a second time two turns after ;
- like Future Sight/Doom Desire, it's impossible to use any move two or three times in a row as long as the mechanic didn't happen. The damages of attacking moves are calculated according to user's offensive stats and target's defensive ones ;
- like Future Sight/Doom Desire, second times trigger at the end of turns, bypass Protect/Endure but not Substitute, can miss if accuracy's low or target's immune ;
- as for multi-hit moves, the hit count when triggered the second time is as random as the first attack (unless the Pokémon on field has Skill link).

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause

Bans :

Arena Trap
Contrary
Moody
Sand Veil
Serene Grace
Shadow Tag
Skill Link
Snow Cloack
Speed Boost
Supreme Overlord
Bright Powder
King's Rock
Light Clay
Loaded Dice
Baton Pass
Copycat
Clangorous Soul
Destiny Bond
Last Respects
Mud Slap
Rage Fist
Revival Blessing
Shed Tail
Shell Smash
Shift Gear
Spite
Stored Power
Surging Strike
Tail Glow
Tidy Up
Wicked Blow
Wish
Arceus (all forms)
Baxcalibur
Calyrex-Ice
Calyrex-Shadow
Chi-Yu
Chien-Pao
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga (both forms)
Dragapult
Ethernatus
Flutter Mane
Giratina (both forms)
Groudon
Ho-oh
Hoopa-Unbound
Iron Bundle
Koraidon
Kyogre
Kyurem Black + White
Landorus
Lugia
Lunala
Magearna (both forms)
Mewtwo
Miraidon
Necrozma Dusk Mane + Dawn Wings
Ogerpon
Palafin (both forms)
Palkia (both forms)
Rayquaza
Regieleki
Reshiram
Shaymin-Sky
Spectrier
Terapagos (all forms)
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon
Zacian (both forms)
Zamazenta-Crowned
Zekrom

Watchlist :

Clear Body
Opportunist
Poison Puppeter
Prankster
White Smoke
Clear Amulet
Metronome
No Retreat
Requiem
Tidy Up
Substitute

Q&A :

Q1 :
Does STAB apply when a move trigger the second time ?
A2 : Yes. Whether the user is on the field or not, is in shape or fainted, STAB will apply the second time too.

Q2 : When would two-turns moves second time happen ?
A2+Examples : The attack/effect would happen two turns after, like any other moves. For example, let's say a Pokémon charge Meteor Beam : first turn would come the boost, next one the attack, then the attack is repeated at the third. Another example with Wish : the user charge first turn, then get healed by 50% of HP for two turns.

Q3 : Is recoil transfered to a Pokémon that switched place with the user ?
A3 : Yes, it is, as well as any effect due to the user.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)