Project Metagame Workshop

Why do you determine the order at the start of the game instead of in the teambuilder if there's no team preview?
Thanks, your remark is pertinent ! Well, I was thinking that you could gain time directly choosing the order at the start of the game rather than in the teambuilder... Moreover, I think that keeping an order in the teambuilder would be disadvantageous if you're against someone who try hard and has adapted to your playstyle.

I remember having some idea like this, so I think it could be pretty neat.
However, I feel like this might be too similar and a more restrictive form of Inheritance since you are taking movesets from other Pokemon, but I guess you are keeping abilities.
It would be restrictive for sure. In Inheritance, all pokémon can have the moveset and ability of another, but you can see the pokémon it's based of during the battle, whereas Puppeteer's Scheme is more like a "Surprise moves out the box" OM, because you have 46656 possibilities for one team.

EDIT : To avoid any misunderstanding, the 46656 are possibilities to arrange your team in the meta while one pokémon in your team can have 5 different moves sets.

Last edited:
AlterTerastallize

Premise

In this metagame, Terastallizing works differently:
  • You can Terastallize as many team members as you want.
  • Pokemon either Terastallize the first time they switch in, or not at all. This is decided at Team Preview.
  • Terrastallizing works like a regular type change. That is: if you Terrastallize, you get a 50% boost to the attacks of your new typing, and no boost to other attacks.
Potential bans
Same as OU.

Q&A
Q:
How does Terra Blast work?
A: It is Normal if you don't Terrastallize, and the Terra type if you do.

Q: Do you see the (potential) Terra typings at Team Preview?
A: Nope. These are revealed on switch in (if decided to Terrastallize), or not at all.

Last edited:

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
AlterTerastallize

Premise

• Pokemon either Terastallize the first time they switch in, or not at all. This is decided at Team Preview.
  • Terrastallizing works like a regular type change. That is: if you Terrastallize, you get a 50% boost to the attacks of your new typing, and no boost to other attacks.
Potential bans
Same as OU.

Q&A
Q:

A: Nope. These are revealed on switch in (if decided to Terrastallize), or not at all.
Missed opportunity to call this The Alternative Tera

This one took me a while to make, because of the bans and formula. I hope this isn’t a real thing already.

Inverse Cup
Metagame Premise: Pokemon have their stats inversed.

In-Detail Rules: Pokemon have their stats inversed using this formula:
B= (normal) Base Stat
A= (altered) Base Stat
B+(if greater than101/130 or) B- (B- 101/130[for Hp])*2 = A
Or the trick room formula, whichever works best.
Example: Charizard’s normal base stats are 78(Hp)/84/78/109/85/100, when inversed, they are 184(Hp)/118/124/93/119/102

(Example/ Potentially Good) Sets

:Mew: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
You heard it! Mew as actually good in this meta, unlike other legendaries, due to its new 220/102/102/102/102/102 and 730 BST, it is now potentially bannable, with those stats and it’s amazing coverage, what could go wrong?

:Greavard: @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Yawn
- Destiny Bond
- Roar
- Night Shade
This Greavard set is physically defensive, with a 142 base defense, combined with Fluffy, this Greavard can tank anything.

:Tarountula: @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Leech Life/ Gastro Acid
This Tarountula set is a hazard setter, with Leech Life or Gastro Acid, Leech Life for recovery and Gastro Acid, nullifying other Pokémon’s abilities, an important part of the game.

Note: this Metagame’s Banlist is hard to determine on paper, however these are some likely quickbans.
  • :azurill: Azurill
  • :flittle: Flittle
  • :growlithe_hisui: Growlithe-Hisui
  • :makuhita: Makuhita
  • :sunkern: Sunkern
  • :diglett: Arena Trap
  • :magnemite: Magnet Pull
  • :snorunt: Moody
  • :wynaut: Shadow Tag
  • Eviolite
  • King’s Rock
  • :mime_jr: Baton Pass
  • :cyclizar: Shed Tail
  • :houndstone: Last Respects
  • :pawmot: Revival Blessing

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
This one took me a while to make, because of the bans and formula. I hope this isn’t a real thing already.

Inverse Cup

B= (normal) Base Stat
A= (altered) Base Stat
Example: Charizard’s normal base stats are 78(Hp)/84/78/109/85/100, when inversed, they are 184(Hp)/118/124/93/119/102

Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
You heard it! Mew as actually good in this meta, unlike other legendaries, due to its new 220/102/102/102/102/102 and 730 BST, it is now potentially bannable, with those stats and it’s amazing coverage, what could go wrong?

Bold Nature
- Yawn
- Destiny Bond
- Roar
- Night Shade
This Greavard set is physically defensive, with a 142 base defense, combined with Fluffy, this Greavard can tank anything.

Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
This Tarountula set is a hazard setter, with Leech Life or Gastro Acid, Leech Life for recovery and Gastro Acid, nullifying other Pokémon’s abilities, an important part of the game.

Note: this Metagame’s Banlist is hard to determine on paper, however these are some likely quickbans.
  • Eviolite
  • King’s Rock
The formula doesn't really make sense and contradicts the concept, why is something with 100 on all of its stats getting an HP stat that is twice as big and still having higher stats that normal on everything else?
We already have Flipped that actually does reversed stats correctly anyway, I think you should reread the first post of the thread to understand better the kind of formats that get approved (we even have a rule against complex formulas) and be aware of what already exists, another rule in there you should be aware of is that there is a one-week cooldown for posting ideas.
AlterTerastallize

Premise

Potential bans
Same as OU.

Q&A
Q:

What do you mean with decided at team preview? How it is decided?
If you are nerfing the mechanic that much, I don't see the need to restrict when you can use the mechanic, either way this doesn't look that interesting when compared to other Tera and Type changing OMs.

Last edited:

Inverse Cup

B= (normal) Base Stat
A= (altered) Base Stat

Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice

Bold Nature
- Yawn
- Destiny Bond
- Roar
- Night Shade

Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

• Eviolite
  • King’s Rock
With all due respect, base stats are coded to vary between 0 and 255, so you could also go 255 - B for Att,Def,SpA,Spd,Spe and 255-(B*0.5) for HP (for example). Moreover, there has been an OM of the Month called "Flipped" which consists of... well... flipping pokémon base stats (HP -> Spe, Att -> SpD, Def -> SpA, SpA -> Def, SpD -> Att, Spe -> HP).

With all due respect, base stats are coded to vary between 0 and 255, so you could also go 255 - B for Att,Def,SpA,Spd,Spe and 255-(B*0.5) for HP (for example). Moreover, there has been an OM of the Month called "Flipped" which consists of... well... flipping pokémon base stats (HP -> Spe, Att -> SpD, Def -> SpA, SpA -> Def, SpD -> Att, Spe -> HP).
The minimum is 1, not 255, and using 255 - B would result in extremely high BSTs. I would go with 150 - B (for all stats including HP), with a minimum of 1 for cases where B >= 150.

Flipped is a very different meta. Flipped Arceus has the same base stats as regular Arceus, and flipped Sunkern has the same base stats as regular Sunkern; with the formula I suggested, Arceus has the same base stats as regular Sunkern, and Sunkern has the same base stats as regular Arceus.

The minimum is 1, not 255, and using 255 - B would result in extremely high BSTs. I would go with 150 - B (for all stats including HP), with a minimum of 1 for cases where B >= 150.

Flipped is a very different meta. Flipped Arceus has the same base stats as regular Arceus, and flipped Sunkern has the same base stats as regular Sunkern; with the formula I suggested, Arceus has the same base stats as regular Sunkern, and Sunkern has the same base stats as regular Arceus.
What I was saying is that the Base stats are defined on 256 bit, going from 0 to 255, but yeah, the in-game minimum is 1 (dedication to Shedinja) ; I agree that it is very different than Komatito's proposition, but it's not the point : If I take another look at his (or her ?) Metagame Premise, "Pokémon have their stats inversed", so there has to be a "flip" in relation to something. Yet, the formula involved seems to only enhance Pokémons (if not then, in my opinion, we need more accurate explanations). Now that I think about it, I would rather do the comparison with Tier Shift.

EDIT : There's also a metagame called Inverse ;)

Last edited:

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
I've been sitting on this idea for a week, and now I want some feedback on it.

Mecha 1v1

Premise: All 6 of your mons combine into a "mecha" each mon accounts for 1/6th, or one of the six 'parts' that make up the mecha, and when all 6 parts are defeated the game is over.
How this works: you build your team in team builder as normal, all the selections are the same, but once you enter battle and your mons become a mecha, the mecha has access to all the moves. Once you select which move you want to use for the turn you then select which 'part' of the mecha will execute the move. Each part retains all its stats, its item, and its ability, all stat changes also only affect one part. Then after you select the move, then part, you select which of your opponents parts you will attack.

Example: your team is made up of Corviknight, Ting-Lu, Skeledirge, Ursaluna, Hariyama and Sneasler.
Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Headlong Rush

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Iron Head

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Throat Chop

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fire
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Shadow Ball

Sneasler @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

Hariyama @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
So these 6 mons become a Mecha, and now the Mecha can access all the moves. So lets say you want to use will-o-wisp on one of your opponents parts, a Roaring Moon, and you want to wisp it faster than it can hit one of your mons, so you select the move will-o-wisp, select the part that outspeeds Roaring Moon, which is Sneasler, and select Roaring Moon. Your attack hits and Roaring Moon is now burned. then your opponent uses Knock Off with Roaring moon and hits your Skeledirge, but it survives due to Roaring Moon being burned.
If Skeledirge had fainted all of its moves would not be able to be used by the other parts, and it would not be able to attack, its ability would not effect anything else (if it could have).

Think of it as almost a big 6v6 where only one mon can attack.

Premise: all 6 of your mons combine to form one big mecha with 6 seperate parts that must be defeated.
Rules: Terastal Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Min Source = Gen 9, Standard OM Clauses
(potential) Bans: Arceus, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Enamorus-Base, Espathra, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Iron Bundle, Komala, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus-Base, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, Regieleki, Spectrier, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned
(Potential) Banned Moves: Toxic, Haze, Eruption, Water Spout, Dragon Energy, Transform, Imprison, Set Up moves like Shell Smash, Belly Drum, and the Dances. I'm not sure how Last Respects, Revival Blessing or Encore would work.
(potential) Banned Abilities: Moody

Strategy:
I think the best way to build a team is with a few bulky mons, then attacking mons to take out checks and treats too your bulky mon, or inflicting burns and paras to those mons, and also having a breaker or two to get past your opponents bulky mons, when no mon can hide, there are few ways to protect parts that are weak or have key moves to your strategy.

Increased Viability
Ting-Lu and Wo-Cheins abilities affect all active mons, meaning they decrease your opponents entire mecha attacks until they defeat those parts.
Toxic can put one of your opponents parts on timer, and your opponent can do little anything about it. Haze completely kills all stat boosting/lowering strategy.
Mons that lack coverage or STABs now can access those moves, and signature moves like Flower Trick or Surging Strikes can be used by multiple mons, Breakers now can hit with SE moves almost all the time
Moves that hit all foes like Dazzling Gleam or Eruption become much stronger, as they hit 6 mons
Lighting Rod neutralizes all electric moves, but you have to use pikachu or pincurchin to do it, until we get some of the ground types back.
(correct me if I'm wrong) Healer, heal bell, Jungle healing and aromatherapy are the only ways to remove status from the parts of your team.
Now mons with abilities like sheer force or iron fist get access to moves that can better take advantage of the ability
Intimidate lowers all your opponents attacks once, now imagine using 3 intimidate mons. (this can of corse be countered by the ability like mirror armor, competitive, and defiant)
Encore could be broken if it makes you specifically use that part and that move. otherwise it would be trash
Screens make bulky become really strong, but they only last for a bit and who knows what damage or set up your opponent can deal/do in those one or two turns.
Life Dew heals all your parts which is nice as does Jungle healing

Decreased Viability
Chi-Yu and Chein-Pao may be really strong, but they greatly decrease the bulk of the rest of your team, making it so they are much easier to KO.
Weather only lasts 8 turns, and you have to spend a turn to renew it, same with terrain.
Moves that hit all adjacent mons hit can hot the other 5 of your parts unless they are immune, meaning you have to be a lot more carful when using earthquake or surf.
Choice items lock your mon into one move, unless that move can hit all of your opponents mons, thats not a great idea.
Hazards do nothing, as does pivot, as does phazing

What this has to offer over OMs like Chimera1v1:
This OM makes sure all the mons are out there to hit, no switching out to protect a weak mon, and its not all about min maxing one mon, its about the mons working together to make sure you can destroy checks and counters while keeping key mecha parts alive.
Questions:
I don't have a clue on how this would look visually, someone give ideas please.
What else whould be buffed/nerfed? what else might be ban worthy?
Would this be too slow of a game, with mons just slugging at each other? (I don't think so, when you can hit anything scary for SE damage on the weaker defense)
Would it just be who can OHKO 6 parts the fastest?
Is this too complicated for an OM?
I know I haven't done the best job explaining this, let me know if anything is confusing or where I destroyed the wording of something.
Also what questions do you guys have?

Last edited:
What I was saying is that the Base stats are defined on 256 bit, going from 0 to 255, but yeah, the in-game minimum is 1 (dedication to Shedinja) ; I agree that it is very different than Komatito's proposition, but it's not the point : If I take another look at his (or her ?) Metagame Premise, "Pokémon have their stats inversed", so there has to be a "flip" in relation to something. Yet, the formula involved seems to only enhance Pokémons (if not then, in my opinion, we need more accurate explanations). Now that I think about it, I would rather do the comparison with Tier Shift.

EDIT : There's also a metagame called Inverse ;)
I'm pretty sure their intention was to make strong Pokemon weaker and weak Pokemon stronger; that does have some similarities to Tier Shift, but it's completely different from Flipped and Inverse. But I agree that more accurate explanations are needed.

Mecha 1v1

Premise: All 6 of your mons combine into a "mecha" each mon accounts for 1/6th, or one of the six 'parts' that make up the mecha, and when all 6 parts are defeated the game is over.
How this works: you build your team in team builder as normal, all the selections are the same, but once you enter battle and your mons become a mecha, the mecha has access to all the moves. Once you select which move you want to use for the turn you then select which 'part' of the mecha will execute the move. Each part retains all its stats, its item, and its ability, all stat changes also only affect one part. Then after you select the move, then part, you select which of your opponents parts you will attack.

Example: your team is made up of Corviknight, Ting-Lu, Skeledirge, Ursaluna, Hariyama and Sneasler.
Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Headlong Rush

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Iron Head

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Throat Chop

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Shadow Ball

Sneasler @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

Hariyama @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
So these 6 mons become a Mecha, and now the Mecha can access all the moves. So lets say you want to use will-o-wisp on one of your opponents parts, a Roaring Moon, and you want to wisp it faster than it can hit one of your mons, so you select the move will-o-wisp, select the part that outspeeds Roaring Moon, which is Sneasler, and select Roaring Moon. Your attack hits and Roaring Moon is now burned. then your opponent uses Knock Off with Roaring moon and hits your Skeledirge, but it survives due to Roaring Moon being burned.
If Skeledirge had fainted all of its moves would not be able to be used by the other parts, and it would not be able to attack, its ability would not effect anything else (if it could have).

Premise: all 6 of your mons combine to form one big mecha with 6 seperate parts that must be defeated.
Rules: Terastal Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Min Source = Gen 9, Standard OM Clauses
(potential) Bans: Arceus, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Enamorus-Base, Espathra, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Iron Bundle, Komala, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus-Base, Lilligant-Hisui, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, Regieleki, Spectrier, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned
(Potential) Banned Moves: Toxic, Haze, Eruption, Water Spout, Dragon Energy, Transform, Imprison, Set Up moves like Shell Smash, Belly Drum, and the Dances. I'm not sure how Last Respects, Revival Blessing or Encore would work.

Strategy:
I think the best way to build a team is with a few bulky mons, then attacking mons to take out checks and treats too your bulky mon, or inflicting burns and paras to those mons, and also having a breaker or two to get past your opponents bulky mons, when no mon can hide, there are few ways to protect parts that are weak or have key moves to your strategy.

Increased Viability
Ting-Lu and Wo-Cheins abilities affect all active mons, meaning they decrease your opponents entire mecha attacks until they defeat those parts.
Toxic can put one of your opponents parts on timer, and your opponent can do little anything about it. Haze completely kills all stat boosting/lowering strategy.
Mons that lack coverage or STABs now can access those moves, and signature moves like Flower Trick or Surging Strikes can be used by multiple mons, Breakers now can hit with SE moves almost all the time
Moves that hit all foes like Dazzling Gleam or Eruption become much stronger, as they hit 6 mons
Lighting Rod neutralizes all electric moves, but you have to use pikachu or pincurchin to do it, until we get some of the ground types back.
(correct me if I'm wrong) Healer, heal bell, Jungle healing and aromatherapy are the only ways to remove status from the parts of your team.
Now mons with abilities like sheer force or iron fist get access to moves that can better take advantage of the ability
Intimidate lowers all your opponents attacks once, now imagine using 3 intimidate mons. (this can of corse be countered by the ability like mirror armor, competitive, and defiant)
Encore could be broken if it makes you specifically use that part and that move. otherwise it would be trash
Screens make bulky become really strong, but they only last for a bit and who knows what damage or set up your opponent can deal/do in those one or two turns.

Decreased Viability
Chi-Yu and Chein-Pao may be really strong, but they greatly decrease the bulk of the rest of your team, making it so they are much easier to KO.
Weather only lasts 8 turns, and you have to spend a turn to renew it, same with terrain.
Moves that hit all adjacent mons hit can hot the other 5 of your parts unless they are immune, meaning you have to be a lot more carful when using earthquake or surf.
Choice items lock your mon into one move, unless that move can hit all of your opponents mons, thats not a great idea.

This OM makes sure all the mons are out there to hit, no switching out to protect a weak mon, and its not all about min maxing one mon, its about the mons working together to make sure you can destroy checks and counters while keeping key mecha parts alive.
Questions:
Would this be too slow of a game, with mons just slugging at each other? (I don't think so, when you can hit anything scary for SE damage on the weaker defense)
I know I haven't done the best job explaining this, let me know if anything is confusing or where I destroyed the wording of something.
Even though this is complicated, it sounds fun and I like how it completely changes the way pokemon works by not being able to switch out to dodge attacks, and sweeping being near impossible. I imagine games will wrap up incredibly fast, and end up being pretty strategic when it comes to targeting the right pieces.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader

Mecha 1v1

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Headlong Rush

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Iron Head

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Throat Chop

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Shadow Ball

Sneasler @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

Hariyama @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

(potential) Bans: Arceus, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Enamorus-Base, Espathra, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Iron Bundle, Komala, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus-Base, Lilligant-Hisui, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, Regieleki, Spectrier, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned

Strategy:

Increased Viability

Decreased Viability

Questions:
I think that if you want to go forward with this, first you need to make a premise that can explains the mechanics without going for too long to prove is indeed not too complex for a format, and I think is possible, something like "Your active Pokémon share their moves and can attack the same turn they switch into". Too much flavor can become confusing and is better left somewhere else, so people understand what this is about with the first thing they read.
Not if it would be approved but can be sold as a simpler version of Chimera.

Inverse Cup

B= (normal) Base Stat
A= (altered) Base Stat

Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice

Bold Nature
- Yawn
- Destiny Bond
- Roar
- Night Shade

Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

• Eviolite
  • King’s Rock
There was already a simpler version of this Meta in Gen 6. Honestly I can’t read what your formula is supposed to have here. You should try to simplify the formula or make it at least more readable.

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
powercreep (working title)
premice: each pokemon is given new base stats, that being 256 minus (or divided by, came up with this 5 seconds ago) their old base stats
Probably should elaborate what this OM entails, as well as stick to the template they ask everyone to submit OMs with.

In order to make a preliminary outline of your submission idea, all you need to do is fill out this brief form (subject to change):

Metagame premise:
Potential bans and threats:
Questions for the community:

this one will be a herculean task to pull off, but I am confident that it could be a fantastic metagame
Smogon Rentals
the premise is essentially the same as stadium rentals. for those of you who dont know it, in a nutshell, it was a format where each pokemon had only one set you could run. the sets will be determined by the smogon council and/or the smogon community.
banlist: who needs bans when we can give them only explosion.
this lets so many pokemon be viable, as we can give mewtwo psybeam and jolly, and set it loose on little cup while maintaining a ballenced metagame. we have the technology to make chattot viable.

Last edited:
this one will be a herculean task to pull off, but I am confident that it could be a fantastic metagame
Smogon Rentals
the premise is essentially the same as stadium rentals. for those of you who dont know it, in a nutshell, it was a format where each pokemon had only one set you could run. the sets will be determined by the smogon council and/or the smogon community.
banlist: who needs bans when we can give them only explosion.
this lets so many pokemon be viable, as we can give mewtwo psybeam and jolly, and set it loose on little cup while maintaining a ballenced metagame. we have the technology to make chattot viable.
Cool idea, but you should post this in Pet Mods not here as this is a pet mod.

Wes8888

Goon of the OM variety
is a Pre-Contributor
I have no idea what to call this but here goes

Premise: Every pokemon has their lowest base stat doubled

Ex:
:sv/zapdos:
90/90/85/125/90/100 ->90/90/170/125/90/100

If multiple stats tie for lowest, only the first one is doubled.

Ex:
:sv/glalie:
80/80/80/80/80/80 -> 160/80/80/80/80/80

Increased Viability

There's a whole myriad of pokemon that get a massive boost to their defenses, so I'm just gonna list off as many as I can think of and briefly go over their positive qualities:

:sv/zapdos:
90/90/170/125/90/100
Zapdos gets a monstrous defense stat, static, and longevity in roost.

:sv/salamence:
95/135/160/110/80/100
High defense, intimidate, good coverage and not too shabby offensive stats.

:sv/Landorus-Therian:
89/145/90/105/160/91
High spdef and intimidate give it good mixed bulk, and it has a good utility movepool with rocks, taunt, and uturn, as well as a useful defensive typing.

:sv/iron-treads:
90/112/120/72/140/106
High spdef, good defensive typing and good movepool make it look like a good av option.

:sv/rotom-wash:
100/65/107/105/107/86
Good movepool, good mixed bulk, good typing.

:sv/uxie:
150/75/130/75/130/95
Great mixed bulk, with an admittedly poor defensive typing, but a good utility movepool.

There's also a lot of mons that get a considerable offensive boost.

:sv/walking-wake:
99/166/91/125/83/109
Really high attack with protosynthesis and a great typing.

:sv/heatran:
91/90/106/130/106/154
Really fast with solid spa and good coverage, as well as trapping potential with magma storm.

:sv/dragonite:
91/134/95/100/100/160
Another blisteringly fast mon with good coverage, and it has access to Dragon Dance

:sv/garchomp:
108/130/95/160/85/102
Excellent special attack with amazing coverage and good bulk to boot.

:sv/iron-jugulis:
94/160/86/122/80/108
Not the fastest thing ever but it has great attack and access to stab knock off.

Decreased Viability

Many walls get speed boosts that leave them still pretty slow while not boosting their walling ability any. Just a few of these include Garganacl :Garganacl:, Toxapex :toxapex:, Dondozo :Dondozo:, Amoonguss :amoonguss:, both Slowkings :slowking: :slowking-galar:, and Slowbro :slowbro:.

Several mons get boosts to an offensive stat that still leaves said stat too low to be usable. Some of these include Sneasler :sneasler:, Ursaluna :ursaluna:, and Scizor :scizor:

Rules

Clauses: Standard OU Clauses
Arceus
Azumarill
Calyrex-Ice
Calyrex-Shadow
Dialga
Dialga-Origin
Eternatus
Flutter Mane
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Groudon
Koraidon
Kyogre
Landorus-I
Magearna
Medicham
Mewtwo
Miraidon
Palkia
Palkia-Origin
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta
Zamazenta-Crowned

Chi-Yu
Espathra
Palafin
Palafin-Hero

Thanks for reading if you made it this far, I'd love to hear what you guys think of this. (Also I'm open to name suggestions)

Edit: I've decided that in the case of a tie, only the first lowest stat will receive a boost, because a lot of things get out of hand if they get multiple stats doubled.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Community Leader
I think it should only be your first lowest Stat, Mew looks funny but would be banned just like anything else that has multiple stats doubled so there would be no point to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)