Pokémon: Aurorus
Type-changing move: Diamond Glow
Changing type: Rock

Type: Rock
Category: Special
Base Power: 70
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15 (max 24)
Secondary Effect: 100% chance to increase Special Attack by one stage.
Description: This Pokémon releases energy from the diamonds on its back. This always raises the user's Special Attack.
Justification: Aurorus has no way to boost offensively and needs the help to be viable in a higher power level, considering it was ZUBL last generation. Oh yeah, it also gets no reliable special Rock STAB. It's forced to run either Ancient Power or Meteor Beam. Yikes.

Mask Name: Freezeflame Mask
New Type: Fire/Ice
New Ability: Mountaineer (CAP ability)
Ability when Tera'd: Sheer Force
Description: Good offensive typing, and Aurorus also gets access to Earth Power, meaning that it has great wallbreaking potential after it Tera's, especially if it can accumulate boosts from DG. It can switch in more than the average Ice/Fire type thanks to Mountaineer, but if you Tera, you take 50% on switch in, so you better be ready to go for game. The abilities combined with the signature seem strong, but remember we're working off of Aurorus. I'm aware Fire/Ice already exists thanks to Frostbite mask, but this gives a special variant on that.

Mask Name: Glacier Mask
New Type: Ground/Ice
New Ability: Earth Eater
Ability when Tera'd: Water Absorb
Description: Ground/Ice is famously good offensive STAB, something I thought would be fun to give Aurorus. Has two healing immunity abilities that allow it to switch in on moves, giving this the most defensive utility of the Aurorus forms. Originally had a custom signature, but realized that Water Absorb not only already exists but was a straight upgrade, so I'll save the coders some time even if it makes less thematic sense lol
Aurorus Masks by cyclonez_!

Druddigon: 5
Aurorus: 4

Lickilicky: 3
Torterra: 3
Lapras: 1
Sceptile: 1

As always, you all will have time to discuss the winners while we prepare the next slate!

Slate 6

:sv/Politoed: :sv/Stakataka: :sv/Scrafty:
Free Slate
:sv/Dragalge: :sv/Calyrex:

There will be no pool on this slate, as you can choose any Pokemon to give a set of masks, have fun!

Slate lasts 5 days

In addition, we are planning another roomtour! This roomtour will take place on Saturday, but you can choose at what hour will it start by voting on the discord server!​

:sv/absol:

Pokemon: Absol
Type-changing Move: Throat Chop

Mask Name: Mothman Mask
New Type: Dark/Bug
New Ability: Tinted Lens
Ability when Tera'd: Sharpness
Description: Lokix...sidegrade i'd guess you'd call it. Sharpness is also an option because STAB Night Slash/X-Scissor, but Tinted is definitely the priority.

Mask Name: Sandscythe Mask
New Type: Dark/Rock
New Ability: Sand Rush
Ability when Tera'd: Victory Star
Description: For Sand teams and if Tera'd a slight boost in the accuracy of Stone Edge.

Mask Name: Archangel's Mask
New Type: Dark/Fairy
New Ability: Magic Bounce
Ability when Tera'd: Shield Dust
Description: Return of Mega Absol, kinda.

:sv/raichu-alola:

Pokemon: Raichu-Alola
Type-changing Move: Psyshock

Mask Name: Hoverboard Mask
New Type: Electric/Flying
New Ability: Sheer Force
Ability when Tera'd: Motor Drive
Description: Sheer Force boosted Thunder(bolt) and Focus Miss.

Mask Name: Pikablu Mask
New Type: Electric/Water
New Ability: Transistor
Ability when Tera'd: Storm Drain
Description: Nasty Plot and Electric Moves.

Mask Name: Thunderleaf Mask
New Type: Electric/Grass
New Ability: Sap Sipper
Ability when Tera'd: Thick Fat
Description: Immunities and neutrals

:sv/ninetales-alola:

Pokemon: Ninetales-Alola
Type-changing Move: Ice Beam
Removed Moves: Aurora Veil

Mask Name: Steeltail Mask
New Type: Steel/Fairy
New Ability: Aroma Veil
Ability when Tera'd: Sand Force
Description: Nasty Plot-wielding Sand Force boosted Ice Beam.

Mask Name: Shadowsoul Mask
New Ability: Prankster
Ability when Tera'd: Opportunist
Description: Prankster Plot.

Mask Name: Burrow Mask
New Type: Ground/Fairy
New Ability: Sap Sipper
Ability when Tera'd: Grass Pelt
Description: Friend for Volcanic Mask Gatr.

Last edited:

These two masks were interesting to make because they try to push Mawile, a famously bad Pokémon without its Mega form, to this power level. One may be overtuned, the other may be undertuned, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

Pokemon: Mawile
Type-changing Move: Play Rough
Changing type: Fairy

Mask Name: Devourer Mask
New Type: Dark
New Ability: Intrepid Sword
Ability when Tera'd: Tough Claws
Description: A weird mix of Kingambit and Zacian balanced out by horrible stats. It has poor defenses, poor speed, and a mediocre base attack, so it really needs that Intrepid Sword boost in order to wallbreak well. Can clean with Tera Dark Tough-Claws booster Sucker Punch--in theory.

Mask Name: Flytrap Mask
New Type: Grass
New Ability: Insectivore
Ability when Tera'd: Grassy Surge
When hit by a Bug-type move, is immune and gains +1 attack.
Description: U-Turn punisher and a Terrain setter. Won't be a Ferrothorn for obvious reasons but the Bug immunity gives it a niche.

Pokemon: Jellicent
Type-changing Move: Surf
Changing type: Water

Mask Name: Ironclad Mask
New Type: Steel
New Ability: Poison Point
Ability when Tera'd: Bulletproof
Description: We need more Steels, we need bulky waters, we need reliable recovery. This version of Jellicent uses a fantastic typing to help form a defensive core with something such as Kingdra-Foamflow, while possibly punishing physical attacks using Poison Point. Terastallization gives you a use immunity to a class of moves, even if they're not the most relevant.

Mask Name: Sea Witch Mask
New Type: Psychic
New Ability: Prankster
Ability when Tera'd: Psychic Surge
Description: Gets several useful status moves such as Will-o-wisp, Destiny Bond, Strength Sap, etc. Psychic Surge adds an extra boost to its power and disables opposing counter-priority. Farmed by Dark types.

Last edited:
I am deciding to give both Koraidon and Miraidon two masks that I believe fit them well...

:sv/koraidon:

Pokemon: Koraidon
Type-changing Move: Collision Course

Mask Name:
Winged King Mask
New Type: Flying/Dragon
New Ability:
Levitate (Yeah ik it basically makes it Ability-less)
Ability when Tera'd:
Aerilate
Description:
So in Scarlet and Violet, Koraidon's Paradox Name is Winged King... so I see it fit that it gets a Flying Type Mask. It loses half of it's 4x weakness to fairy! But it is weak to Electro Drift, and it's ability out of Tera does NOTHING. On the positive side Aerilate boosts it's rather abysmal Normal type moves and turns them into Powerful STAB moves, imagine the Double Edge + Drain Punch Combo.

:sv/miraidon:

Pokemon: Miraidon
Type-changing Move:
Electro Drift

Mask Name:
Iron Serpent Mask
New Type: Steel/Dragon
New Ability:
Steely Spirit
Ability when Tera'd:
Steel Worker
Description:
Same case as Koraidon. In Scarlet and Violet, Miraidon's Paradox Name is Iron Serpent... so it is fitting for it to get a steel type mask. It finally loses that weakness towards fairy! But now Collision Course is a Problem. The abilities are basically, you want the steel type boost, or the better steel type boost?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/guzzlord:
Pokemon: Guzzlord
Type-changing Move
: Ultra Gulp
(Dragon, physical, 75 Base Power, 100% accurate, recover HP based of 33% of damage done and steal positive stat changes after dealing damage)

Mask Name: Black Hole Mask
New Type: Ghost/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Ghost
Ability when Tera'd: Gravitas Body (Summon Gravity for five turns)
Description: The attack-focus of Guzzlord masks, focusing on making the most of Guzzlord’s wide coverage and boosting Crunch to more stronger level through Sheer Force. Upon unleashing Tera, Gravitas Body resolves the accuracy issue for itself and allies while shutting down Levitate and Flying-type’s immunity to Ground, though the opponent can take advantage of it.
Mask Name: Miasma Mask
New Type: Poison/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Poison
New Ability: Fur Coat
Ability when Tera'd: Regenerator
Description: The defense-focus of Guzzlord masks, with Fur Coat turning it’s low Defense into great, allowing it for better defensive plays, especially since Ultra Gulp gives it HP recovery and screw over setups. Once Tera’d, Regenerator give it even more recovery at cost of additional weaknesses and lesser good Defense.
Mask Name: Rainbow Mask
New Type: Electric/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Electric
New Ability: Light Shield (Doubles Special Defense)
Ability when Tera'd: Magic Bounce
Description: The specially-defensive-focus of Guzzlord masks, with Light Shield making it’s Special Defense great and makes it’s mountainous HP useful. Once again, Ultra Gulp can serve as both anti-setup and HP recovery. Once Tera’d, Magic Bounce can screw over hazard play and effective immunity to most single-target Status moves.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/keldeo-resolute:
Pokemon: Keldeo-Resolute
Type-changing Move: Secret Sword
Mask Name: Alloystag Mask
New Type: Water / Steel
New Ability: Competitive
Ability when Tera'd:
Magic Bounce
Description: funky offensive mon that invalidates cm sets completely until you tera. good typing but walled by the arbolivas and swampert. i think resolute form looks cooler
Mask Name: Bulwark Buck
New Type: Water / Rock
New Ability: Valiant Crown (On switch-in, boost the users Sp.Atk by 1 stage. Once per switch-in)
Ability when Tera'd: Purifiying Salt
Description: another offensive mon that runs an offensive ability, but swaps to a defensive abil

Last edited:
We had a tie for the tournament time between 7PM or 8PM EST, and after the council tiebreaker, we've decided that the second Masquerade roomtour will be at Saturday 13, 8PM EST! Hope to see y'all there

resub #1
:sv/Brambleghast:
Pokemon: Brambleghast
Type-changing Move: Sappy Seed
just LGPE Sappy Seed but not dexited, dunno if this effect is on the original Sappy Seed but Grass types would be inmune to the Leech Seed effect

Mask Name: Kinetic Mask
New Type: Ghost/Electric
New Ability:
Momentum
When the user's Speed is raised, it also raises its Atk

Ability when Tera'd: Clear Body
Description: Sweeper with basically DDance that deals damage with Trailblaze + Momentum, and when sweeping, can Tera to not get stat drops from stuff like Intimidate, still very frail, with a mid defensive and offensive type and weak to being burnt

Mask Name: Firebush Mask
New Type: Ghost/Fire
New Ability:
Regenerator
Ability when Tera'd: Flame Body
Description: Offensive pivot with an amazing defensive type, and many ways of healing, via Sappy Seed or Regen, making it a very reliable wallbreaker, as it has a lot of longevity, but its longevity is harmed by its Stealth Rock weakness

resub #2
:sv/Gigalith:
Pokemon: Gigalith
Type-changing Move: Dust-Stomper
70BP | 100% Acc | 12PP | Physical | Rock | When a terrain/weather is active, 2x power, eliminates terrain/weather, still only 2x power if there's both a terrain and a weather, eliminates both

Mask Name: Incense Mask
New Type: Rock/Fairy
New Ability:
Misty Surge
Ability when Tera'd: Misty Surge
Metagame Justification: Physical Wall, Physical Breaker, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock), Misty Terrain Setter
Description: Physwall inmune to status due to Misty Terrain, can also deal huge damage with STAB Dust-Stomper while Misty Terrain is active, and can get another one by Tera'ing, as well as overriding Arboliva's Grassy Terrain, balanced out by its mid defensive type, and low Spd and SpDef

Mask Name: Graveyard Mask
New Type: Rock/Ghost
New Ability:
Grassy Terrain
Ability when Tera'd: Purifying Salt
Metagame Justification: Physical Wall, Physical Breaker, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock), Grassy Terrain Setter
Description: Has a solid defensive profile in Rock/Ghost with Grassy Terrain active, can comfortably set up Stealth Rock and if tried to status, and it has a good matchup against the opponent, it can Tera to get Purifying Salt, which also makes it neutral to Ghost if needed

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
:sm/excadrill:
Pokemon: Excadrill
Type-changing Move: Smart Strike
Metagame Justification: Hazard Setter, Physical Wallbreaker, Hazard Remover
Removed Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws
Description: We don't have any Rapid Spinners + I'm still gunning for the ridiculous number of Ground-weak mons with Ground-immunity abilities we have. Removed its setup moves to keep it from going too crazy considering the fact that it's an Excadrill, but we do have Corviknight in the tier to deal with it (as well as, to a lesser extent, Porygon2 and Arboliva), which is why I didn't also remove EQ and High Horsepower like I thought I would. Maybe you use it next to Sand Stream Gardevoir with Sand Rush as well, though you have to commit Tera on Garde for that
Mask Name: Jungletrimmer Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Natural Cure
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker
Description: WIP (pretty good offensive coverage between its STABs, only being resisted by the Chesnaughts, base Arboliva, and 1 Corviknight, while having some defensive utility by shedding Drill's Water weakness)

Mask Name: Ancientspear Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Prehistoric Might* - On switch-in, if the foe has any positive stat boosts, their Speed is lowered by 2 stages.
Ability when Tera'd: Solid Rock
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Mixed Wall
Description: WIP (storm emboar check, that mon goes crazy)

Mask Name: Exoslasher Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Hyper Cutter
Ability when Tera'd: Defiant
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Hazard Setter
Description: WIP (turns the tables on some of the other excadrill form's checks, being able to threaten the arbolivas and not get clappled by the chesnaughts)

:sm/houndstone:
Pokemon: Houndstone
Type-changing Move: Spite Bite* - 75 BP, 100% Acc, 10 PP, Physical Ghost-type move, Gains 10 BP for every fainted teammate. Contact and Biting.
Metagame Justification: Physical Wall, Physical Wallbreaker
Removed Moves: Last Respects (already banned i think but just being safe)
Description: Adds a check to Expertblade Kleavor and some of the strong physical attackers we have in general thanks to Fluffy, giving you an option that doesn't require Tera like Drifblim-Hot Headed does, but in return its recovery options are a lot worse.
Mask Name: Daintydane Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Intimidate
Ability when Tera'd: Simple
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Defensive Pivot
Description: WIP (sports a pretty good defensive typing with Intimidate, while also being able to set up with Curse if you commit Tera)

Mask Name: Herohound Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Strong Jaw
Ability when Tera'd: Guard Dog
Metagame Justification: Physical Wallbreaker
Description: WIP (strong slow breaker with a great offensive typing and strong jaw boosted spite bites and coverage)

Mask Name: Frankenfeist Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Energy Cycle* - This Pokemon heals 33% of its max HP after hitting and KOing a foe
Ability when Tera'd: Moxie
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Offensive Pivot
Description: WIP (leverage your decently strong priority and good bulk to nab KOs to stay alive or attempt a sweep on a weakened team with repeated Shadow Sneaks in the lategame)

:sm/whimsicott:
Pokemon: Whimsicott
Type-changing Move: Cotton Swab - 80 BP 100% Acc, 15 PP Special Grass-type move. If any hazards are on the user's side of the field, the move's power is halved but the hazards are removed. Powder move.
Metagame Justification: Offensive Pivot, Hazard Remover, Disruptor
Removed Moves: N/A
Description: New speedy pivot that also acts as a new method of hazard control.
Mask Name: Scarepore Mask
New Type:

Ability when Tera'd: Analytic
Metagame Justification: Offensive Pivot, Hazard Remover
Description: WIP (Adds a fast Dark that can mess with physical attacker with Intim)

Mask Name: Steelspore Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Overcoat
Ability when Tera'd: Infiltrator
Description: WIP (sturdy offensive pivot thanks to its amazing typing, though both of its abilities are underwhelming and it hates fire-types)

Mask Name: Windspore Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Wind Rider
Ability when Tera'd: No Guard
Description: WIP (Punishes Grass-types that try to block Cotton Swab with STAB Hurricanes)

I went 5-1 in today's roomtour, wanted to give some thoughts on the metagame as it stands!

Overall, it's very offensively-oriented. Most teams were, in my opinion, either Hyper Offense or Bulky Offense, with the rare Balance team. I honestly found it quite enjoyable despite the skew. There wasn't a single Pokémon that seems uncheckable. Here's a few of the top threats.

:druddigon:

Super scary cleaner. STAB 125 base power move that boosts speed. Saw this on multiple teams and it is always very threatening. Not a ton of defensive counterplay in the tier yet. Kingdra-Foamflow and Porygon2-Dreamnet are the best into it defensively, but both have issues holding a team up on their back. Offensively, Boltund-Lights can always check it as long as you keep it to +1 speed, but it can't swap in it all with that paper thin 69/60 physical bulk.

:kleavor:

Double dance on this thing is crazy. I won multiple games off of this sweeping, and its bulk isn't even that bad so it can get opportunities to set up. It eats Corviknight for breakfast, since Defiant gives it a free Swords Dance. It's not perfect, as Rock/Flying isn't the most stellar offensive typing, and it notably has accuracy issues. I was running Flying-type Stone Axe and Stone Edge, so it clearly has consistency issues. Things that resist Flying also do good into it as most of them can eat a Stone Edge. I actually think Close Combat may be better--it loses out on STAB but hits key targets for super effective damage. It's interesting. Don't think this is broken yet but it's something to keep an eye on. :kleavor:
can also do it, and notably has an easier time into Porygon2-Dreamnet, but loses out on a valuable-offensively Flying typing, so I think it's worse overall as a sweeper. Utility-wise, I think Galenaheart forme is better.

:corviknight:

Super useful gluemon. The best hazard removal, decent damage output thanks to its STAB combination, and a check to physical threats thanks to its solid bulk. Pivoting is hard to fit, but you could run it. I think IronPress sets are very interesting on paper but haven't build a team around it yet, though that might be better suited for base Corv or Corviknight-Jet. A Corviknight forme is near-mandatory on Balance squads thanks to the abundant removal in the tier (sarcasm).

:feraligatr:

Dragon Dance is scary with that STAB combination. Doesn't hit Dragon types very well, such as Druddigon, but can punch holes in opposing teams. Splash Bite is bugged right now, as it continues healing after Feraligatr goes down; I know it's a bug but as-is it lets Feraligatr provide support to its team. I haven't theorymonned the
forme but at a glance Contrary Superpower seems really nice. Base could be very scary as well thanks to Sheer Force Life Orb.

There's a few of the top guys. Format seems fun, if you're at all interested I'd recommend joining the next room tour! Please give us more defensive options this slate lmao

Last edited:
Vetoes!
:sv/ninetales-alola:

Pokemon: Ninetales-Alola
Type-changing Move: Ice Beam
Ninetales-Alola being able to give Aurora Veil support to mons like Emboar-Storm, Druddigon-Sharpshot or the Kleavors could end up making them too much to handle, remove Aurora Veil from its movepool.

I am deciding to give both Koraidon and Miraidon two masks that I believe fit them well...

:sv/koraidon:

Pokemon: Koraidon
Type-changing Move: Collision Course

Mask Name: Winged King Mask
New Type: Flying/Dragon
New Ability: Levitate (Yeah ik it basically makes it Ability-less)
Ability when Tera'd: Aerilate
Description: So in Scarlet and Violet, Koraidon's Paradox Name is Winged King... so I see it fit that it gets a Flying Type Mask. It loses half of it's 4x weakness to fairy! But it is weak to Electro Drift, and it's ability out of Tera does NOTHING. On the positive side Aerilate boosts it's rather abysmal Normal type moves and turns them into Powerful STAB moves, imagine the Double Edge + Drain Punch Combo.

:sv/miraidon:

Pokemon: Miraidon
Type-changing Move:
Electro Drift

Mask Name: Iron Serpent Mask
New Type: Steel/Dragon
New Ability: Steely Spirit
Ability when Tera'd: Steel Worker
Description: Same case as Koraidon. In Scarlet and Violet, Miraidon's Paradox Name is Iron Serpent... so it is fitting for it to get a steel type mask. It finally loses that weakness towards fairy! But now Collision Course is a Problem. The abilities are basically, you want the steel type boost, or the better steel type boost?
Sorry, but due to the power level of the format, adding in Koraidon or Miraidon would shatter the meta, there isnt any way to fix these subs.

:sv/keldeo-resolute:
Pokemon: Keldeo-Resolute
Type-changing Move: Secret Sword
Mask Name: Alloystag Mask
New Type: Water / Steel
New Ability: Sheer Heart (This Pokemon’s Sp.Atk is 1.3x, cannot be raised or lowered)
Description: funky offensive mon that invalidates cm sets completely until you tera. good typing but walled by the arbolivas and swampert. i think resolute form looks cooler
Mask Name: Floradeer Mask
New Type: Water / Grass
New Ability: Grassy Surge
Ability when Tera'd: Field Day (This Pokemon’s Speed is doubled when under Grassy Terrain)
Description: we already have a water / grass, but this is WAY more offensive, and provides grassy surge and field day which can sweep
resub time yay woohoo
Keldeo is already a powerful offensive mon, and most of these masks push it over the edge in terms of strenght, Alloystag gives it a LO boost with about no drawbacks, aside from not being able to set up, but it can be a very powerful wallbreaker due to its great defensive type, big movepool, and aftermentioned ability, and Floradeer has a decent defensive type, which it can use to set up some Calm Minds and Tera to get a 2x speed boost, and then sweep, or get the opposing team weakened, as it has access to Hydro Pump, Grass Sacred Sword and Ice Beam, which are an unresisted combo, and Grass Sacred Sword, when terrain-boosted, Tera-boosted, Calm Mind-boosted and with STAB becomes too much for any neutral switch-in to handle, Bulwark Buck is fine, as if its forced out at any point when it switched in for the first time, it becomes worse Keldeo for the rest of the game, change Sheer Heart from Alloystag and both Grassy Surge and Field Day from Floradeer to other non-damage boosting abilities.

Y'all have 24hrs to fix your subs.

And also...
Congratulations cyclonez_ for winning the roomtour!
1. cyclonez_
2. Tanny84k
3. Gaboswampert
4. TopicHats

PokemonUseUsage%Winrate%
Emboar-Storm1050%80%
Drifblim-Hot-Headed840%50%
Arboliva840%25%
Druddigon-Sharpshot735%57.14%
Flygon525%60%
Gardevoir525%60%
Kleavor-Galenahead525%60%
Corviknight525%20%
Kleavor-Arrowedge525%100%
Feraligatr-Volcanic525%20%
Kleavor-Expertblade525%20%
Porygon2420%50%
Aurorus420%50%
Chesnaught420%50%
Galvantula-Pyrefang420%50%
Drapion-Wispaxe315%100%
Aurorus-Glacier315%100%
Gardevoir-Sandshroud315%33.33%
Boltund-Lights210%100%
Druddigon-Rubyhead210%100%
Corviknight-Burrowing210%50%
Aurorus-Freezeflame210%50%
Porygon2-Dreamnet210%50%
Chesnaught-Armored210%50%
Galvantula15%100%
Feraligatr-Irradiating15%0%
Flygon-Beetlestone15%0%
Delphox-Oracle15%0%
Galvantula-Webcrawler15%0%
Porygon2-Zenithbug15%0%

Right now, the meta seems surprisingly balanced! We need more hazard removal, especially Rapid Spin, as well as some more defensive mons, but aside from that, there arent any other major flaws!

Mons that have immediatly come out as strong on the meta are set-up sweepers, like Emboar-Storm, or Druddigon-Sharpshot, which like how few hazard removers are in a meta where most mons cannot run HDB, with the hazard chip helping them sweep more easily, and mons like Kleavor-Arrowedge or Feraligatr-Irradiated can deter the opponent from wanting to clear hazards, and on the defensive side, Drifblim-Hotheaded, Corvi and Arboliva have came out as some of the more solid options, and all of these give support to their teams with hazard removal, pivoting, or setting grassy terrain.

Some other mons that seem unexplored but would like to see more of them in action would be Pory2-Zenithbug, Kingdra, which surprisingly no one used, nor mask forms nor the normal one, Swampert-Lakelurker, and Emboar-Metal and Frostbite, which were overshadowed by Storm on the tour.

And thats it! Right now we wont be buffing nor nerfing anything in particular, even when we have discussed particular mons that may need a buff, thanks to everyone who participated on the roomtour, im happy that we actually got games on the format lol.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Emboar-Storm, 8 usages, 100% winrate
Jeez H. Louise, I did not expected a 100% winrate on 8 usages by Pet Mod standards! Both Speed Boost and Electric-type 120 BP STAB with 25% recovery of damage dealt, with only downside is 90% accuracy, gave it a lot more sweeping power than I imagined.

We might either need a slate to add Pokémon with hazard control or keep eyes on Emboar-Storm.

Jeez H. Louise, I did not expected a 100% winrate on 8 usages by Pet Mod standards! Both Speed Boost and Electric-type 120 BP STAB with 25% recovery of damage dealt, with only downside is 90% accuracy, gave it a lot more sweeping power than I imagined.

We might either need a slate to add Pokémon with hazard control or keep eyes on Emboar-Storm.
I'm not sure the usage stats are 100% accurate--I'm pretty sure I beat Emboar-Storm at least once, and there's no Kleavor-Arrowedge, which I used multiple times in my games

Winners!
:sm/excadrill:
Pokemon: Excadrill
Type-changing Move: Smart Strike
Metagame Justification: Hazard Setter, Physical Wallbreaker, Hazard Remover
Removed Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws
Description: We don't have any Rapid Spinners + I'm still gunning for the ridiculous number of Ground-weak mons with Ground-immunity abilities we have. Removed its setup moves to keep it from going too crazy considering the fact that it's an Excadrill, but we do have Corviknight in the tier to deal with it (as well as, to a lesser extent, Porygon2 and Arboliva), which is why I didn't also remove EQ and High Horsepower like I thought I would. Maybe you use it next to Sand Stream Gardevoir with Sand Rush as well, though you have to commit Tera on Garde for that
Mask Name: Jungletrimmer Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Natural Cure
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker
Description: WIP (pretty good offensive coverage between its STABs, only being resisted by the Chesnaughts, base Arboliva, and 1 Corviknight, while having some defensive utility by shedding Drill's Water weakness)

Mask Name: Ancientspear Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Prehistoric Might* - On switch-in, if the foe has any positive stat boosts, their Speed is lowered by 2 stages.
Ability when Tera'd: Solid Rock
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Mixed Wall
Description: WIP (storm emboar check, that mon goes crazy)

Mask Name: Exoslasher Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Hyper Cutter
Ability when Tera'd: Defiant
Metagame Justification: Setup Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Hazard Setter
Description: WIP (turns the tables on some of the other excadrill form's checks, being able to threaten the arbolivas and not get clappled by the chesnaughts)

:sm/whimsicott:
Pokemon: Whimsicott
Type-changing Move: Cotton Swab - 80 BP 100% Acc, 15 PP Special Grass-type move. If any hazards are on the user's side of the field, the move's power is halved but the hazards are removed. Powder move.
Metagame Justification: Offensive Pivot, Hazard Remover, Disruptor
Removed Moves: N/A
Description: New speedy pivot that also acts as a new method of hazard control.
Mask Name: Scarepore Mask
New Type:

Ability when Tera'd: Analytic
Description: WIP (Adds a fast Dark that can mess with physical attacker with Intim)

Mask Name: Steelspore Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Overcoat
Ability when Tera'd: Infiltrator
Description: WIP (sturdy offensive pivot thanks to its amazing typing, though both of its abilities are underwhelming and it hates fire-types)

Mask Name: Windspore Mask
New Type:

New Ability: Wind Rider
Ability when Tera'd: No Guard
Description: WIP (Punishes Grass-types that try to block Cotton Swab with STAB Hurricanes)
Excadrill and Whimsicott masks by Yoshiblaze!

:sv/absol:

Pokemon: Absol
Type-changing Move: Throat Chop

Mask Name: Mothman Mask
New Type: Dark/Bug
New Ability: Tinted Lens
Ability when Tera'd: Sharpness
Description: Lokix...sidegrade i'd guess you'd call it. Sharpness is also an option because STAB Night Slash/X-Scissor, but Tinted is definitely the priority.

Mask Name: Sandscythe Mask
New Type: Dark/Rock
New Ability: Sand Rush
Ability when Tera'd: Victory Star
Description: For Sand teams and if Tera'd a slight boost in the accuracy of Stone Edge.

Mask Name: Archangel's Mask
New Ability: Magic Bounce
Ability when Tera'd: Shield Dust
Description: Return of Mega Absol, kinda.
Absol masks by flareth13!

:sv/guzzlord:
Pokemon: Guzzlord
Type-changing Move
: Ultra Gulp
(Dragon, physical, 75 Base Power, 100% accurate, recover HP based of 33% of damage done and steal positive stat changes after dealing damage)

Mask Name: Black Hole Mask
New Type: Ghost/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Ghost
Ability when Tera'd: Gravitas Body (Summon Gravity for five turns)
Description: The attack-focus of Guzzlord masks, focusing on making the most of Guzzlord’s wide coverage and boosting Crunch to more stronger level through Sheer Force. Upon unleashing Tera, Gravitas Body resolves the accuracy issue for itself and allies while shutting down Levitate and Flying-type’s immunity to Ground, though the opponent can take advantage of it.
Mask Name: Miasma Mask
New Type: Poison/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Poison
New Ability: Fur Coat
Ability when Tera'd: Regenerator
Description: The defense-focus of Guzzlord masks, with Fur Coat turning it’s low Defense into great, allowing it for better defensive plays, especially since Ultra Gulp gives it HP recovery and screw over setups. Once Tera’d, Regenerator give it even more recovery at cost of additional weaknesses and lesser good Defense.
Mask Name: Rainbow Mask
New Type: Electric/Dark
Type-Changed Ultra Gulp + Tera Type: Electric
New Ability: Light Shield (Doubles Special Defense)
Description: The specially-defensive-focus of Guzzlord masks, with Light Shield making it’s Special Defense great and makes it’s mountainous HP useful. Once again, Ultra Gulp can serve as both anti-setup and HP recovery. Once Tera’d, Magic Bounce can screw over hazard play and effective immunity to most single-target Status moves.
And Guzzlord masks by Samtendo09!

Excadrill: 6
Whimsicott: 5
Absol: 4
Guzzlord: 4

Gigalith: 3
Jellicent: 3
Brambleghast: 2
Mawile: 1
Ninetales-Alola: 1
Raichu-Alola: 1
Houndstone: 0
Keldeo: 0

Y'all have time to discuss the winners.

Slate 7
:sv/snorlax: :sv/toxapex: :sv/ferrothorn:
we really need more spinners and walls pls thank u
:sv/claydol: :sv/forretress: :sv/donphan:

This slate will work similarly as Slate 3, as in it will be a Free Slate with restrictions, in this case, you can only submit mons that can acomplish two roles we currently need more mons for, those being Rapid Spinners (no defogers or any other method of hazard removal), and walls.

Slate lasts 5 days

Glhf​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)