Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm posting so sds doesn't sub me out. :( I'm sorry i haven't posted at all. I've been busy with school stuff. I'll try to make up for it. :(

edit: im going to a family party so i'll be gone for probably the rest of the day.

Changing votes is not a bad thing at all, it's completely normal practice. Lynching someone based on that is just plain stupid.
It can be a scum tell. If the flow is changing from one person to another, especially to a villager (can be both from a villager or from a mafia), then a mafia is likely to change his vote with it. Mafioso are fine with whoever is being voted, as long as it's not one of them.

So which inactive person are we lynching today? I don't have a preference among them and it seems to me that as leads have basically dried up, we have nothing but those being inactive. It's worth noting the ones who just come to life when we threaten to lynch too, if they don't say anything substantial. (hint hint) So if any of you have a preference go ahead and justify it. I am wondering why SDS hasn't been doing subbings yet though.
SDS hasn't done subbing yet because those people were sending in their actions.
EDIT: this post doesn't have a meaning anymore ~_~

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It can be a scum tell. If the flow is changing from one person to another, especially to a villager (can be both from a villager or from a mafia), then a mafia is likely to change his vote with it. Mafioso are fine with whoever is being voted, as long as it's not one of them.
I agree with Mekkah, the one who we should be looking for is someone who was attacking someone else at first being keen on lynching him but ended up changing his vote with little to no reasoning("What XXX Said makes sense! Unfire YYY Fire ZZZ")

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
no, tyranidos, that is not the kind of post we want

we don't want people to post so that their post counts raise, we want people to post so that we can get information from them

Tyranidos has acted incredibly suspiciously more than once now, I would really like to lynch him.

Fire Tyranidos

eh, i did that in response to billymills

and what else can i post? i have no information, as i've been computer-less for the past 3 days. there is no other way i can prove that i am no longer idle.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just reviewed the thread looking at Tyranidos' posts, and to be honest, I only really see one suspicious aspect, the sudden lynch vote for Tenken after the Jumpluff post. While that does seem suspicious, it's only one post, whereas some players have been hiding pretty much the whole game, including both the already noted idle players and RaRe555, who has been "hiding in plain sight" with such bland and uninformative posts as #234:
First, you have already posted most, if not all, the substantial stuff.

Second, I'm not exactly an insightful person, so i don't tend to post substantial.

Since my post at the beginning of day 2, I have just given my opinion, and I just didn't have anything else substantial to say.
I actually find this more suspicious than not posting at all; a person idles to avoid attention, yet RaRe555 has not avoided attention, he has simply not participated in discussion. I would also be less suspicious if we hadn't told him before role PMs were assigned that he was expected to be a weak-willed and not entirely competent player; it is as if he is playing that role perfectly. "Oh, I'm sorry guys, I just don't have anything interesting to say." So, I would rather see a little more from Tyranidos before voting for him, for the time being I'd prefer to lynch an idler, or perhaps fire RaRe555.

I acknowledged that going with the flow was a mafia tell, but changing votes really isn't.

and uhh. Vote thunda for no apparent reason.

Tyranidos, you had multiple opportunities to join in with us during our conversations before you lost computer access.

billy, what's with the spontaneous (I assume) vote switching?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, I had a radio show I was preparing for all night, I'll comment on the day's events and likely vote shortly.

(by the way, in the future if you're in the capital district of new york, tune to 91.5 or visit wrpi.org for the web stream, you can all hear my sexy voice and my electornic rock / metal)

---

Of the inactives, thunda and Tyranidos have just been complete wastes of space as far as I'm concerned. Honestly it's unsual to see a "big name" like thunda never talk, so I"m going to vote for him for now. And I don't buy the "he doesn't care about the game" excuse people are defending him with, he signed up so obviously he does. fire Thunda

I'm tempted to throw RaRae55 out on his ass but I think more attention needs to be drawn to thunda.

I have also reviewed the thread, so I'll go ahead and Fire Jermy.

The reason for this is that Jermy has made only 2 posts, of 2 lines each, which is less than what I have done. Also, he only posted until Mekkah called him out, I honestly don't find that too suspicious, but since it seems to be one of the reasons I'm a lynch candidate, I'm pointing it out. All I'm saying is that I think Jermy is a better lynch candidate than me, if we base the lynch on quality and quantity of posts.

PS: I'll never criticize Trick Room's lack of punctuation again, it is very annoying to type on a Wii.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Look, we could either lynch all of the people with <100 posts, or we could actually promote discussion by accusing players who can actually defend themselves.

While RaRe555's post seems only to confirm any suspicions of him that I previously had ('I'm not mafia, and neither is the person accusing me, THIS person is mafia' is a common mafia tactic), I feel that Tyranidos or Thunda would be better proposed lynches for today.

Look, we could either lynch all of the people with <100 posts, or we could actually promote discussion by accusing players who can actually defend themselves.

While RaRe555's post seems only to confirm any suspicions of him that I previously had ('I'm not mafia, and neither is the person accusing me, THIS person is mafia' is a common mafia tactic), I feel that Tyranidos or Thunda would be better proposed lynches for today.
I completely agree. I have been waiting for someone to say this, and I am voting tyranidos

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, I'll admit that there isn't much point to all of us voting someone different, so I'll follow your lead, since I do think that Thunda's lack of serious input is pretty suspicious considering the fact that he is a "name" player. So with that in mind, I'll change my vote to fire Thunda.

jumpluff said:
Tyranidos, you had multiple opportunities to join in with us during our conversations before you lost computer access.
i suppose so, but i had real life priorities to take care of, last week was hell in terms of school work

Johann said:
I completely agree. I have been waiting for someone to say this, and I am voting tyranidos
why vote me over thunda? i may seem suspicious due to me "suddenly voting for tenken" that one time. but that was immediately after jumpluff had pointed out substantial evidence against tenken. do i seriously need to post "yes i agree with [user], therefore i [vote user]?

another point against me is that i bandwagoned on the vote for tenken. well then, how does a majority vote happen without multiple people voting for a single person? how come the several people, who post substance-less posts immediately after a different user makes a detailed post against another user, are not cast under suspicious? they should be if you apply similar reasoning to them as was against me.

Mekkah said:
Well, thunda likely doesn't care about this game. He is generally either on top of games, or he just doesn't really do anything but trolling.
the bold is why i believe that thunda shouldn't be lynched, assuming that there is no trend where he mostly trolls when he is mafia. i will not vote until i get more specific reasoning why thunda/anyone else should be lynched.

There's a lot of things we have to assume, but that is something I wouldn't.

Honestly, I haven't a clue who to go for at this point. Too many inactives and too many people going back and forth.

It isn't much of an assumption, but more of a theory I consider likely. We have so many options it's guesswork as it is, so I'd like to discard this option at least. Even if you disagree with me on the guess of thunda's perceived playstyle, do you really think he is a much more ideal lynch candidate than the others being fired?

I'm agreeing with Mekkah on the Thunda question, he's just trolling. I don't think it's likely he's mafia, I just wanted to get him to post more. It kinda worked, I guess.

If he had made a huge post about not being mafia and we're all being stupid, then I would have been suspicious (note this jumpluff and reachzero).

I do see valid reasons for both rare555 and tyranidos being mafia. I don't know really which one I'd rather, rare555's post was bad, but tyranidos' post was also rather long and both reached rather invalid conclusions with regards to their lynch vote.

I'll say fire Rare555 for now, but I could decide to change it at any given second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)