Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

well i thought tenken was defending himself retardedly because he was inexperienced, so i gave him the benefit of the doubt. however, when jumpluff made the long post with all the reasons why tenken should be voted for, i was convinced, so i voted for him.
I'm still think anyone who thinks tenken is anything but a villager is delusional, but he's gone now, so that doesn't matter much.

I'm more interested in the fact that you listed your main reason as simply following jumpluff, rather than citing one of the reasons you thought was important. Bandwagoning is nothing to be proud of.

hey just because i am persuaded due to a well thought out argument doesn't mean that i am bandwagoning.
Then you're delusional.

Fire Tyranidos

I'm also agreeing with Class here: killing rook was a rather useless move on the mafia's part, he was one of (in a few people's eyes, including mine) our prime suspects.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like we're pointing fingers at relatively little here. It'd probably be a good idea to see if the anyone claims inspector or has any information regarding last night before making accusations based on basically nothing. This isn't like Day 1, it's possible that we might have real information now.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hm, a mafia kill of Rook could mean that Rook was onto something, but all he said was that he was defending Mekkah :/

Tyranidos is pretty clearly not village, and I fully support a Tyranidos lynch.

Fire Tyranidos

Right now I agree with reach we need to get atleast 1 confirmed scum so we can start thinking of potenial buddies. Right now we are going just on play when have power roles that are ment to be used. We need to look at people at a less behavior (ex. poor play/good play) early game because we know nothing right now we want to lynch tyranidos because he is "delirious" and MAY of killed Rook because Rook had something on him. I think that is plain stupid we need hardcore proof for the start so we don't dig ourselves a hole. On day 6 or so when we are looking for scum buddies we are going to go off of our iffy suspicions early game to find this. I think our game plan should be to inspect a person we think could be mafia we get a hit then we can go off of the possible strategies they had.If not then we know what not to look for. Right now we are playing weak we are killing ourselves by not seeing that not everyone plays 100% town and if we go off of something that is so iffy and risky to the sake of the game it would be a slaughter by the mafia. We need facts not mental examinations.

We get only get facts three nights: when the inspector tells us of the results accumulated up to this point, and the next two nights.

I think the inspector definitely needs to decide on his own when to reveal his facts. This early is probably too soon, but probably by at least day 4. Ideally we should be working on cementing relationships between people (discovering them, not making them). The inspector should be uncovering the nature of these relationships.

We have to work on mental examinations as of now, as the reverse will likely bite us in the ass later. The inspections, when we get them, will build on what we 'know,' as opposed to the reverse.

Right now the latest I would want this is tommorow(as in game days) because we don't want more townies possibly being killed with card flip off we don't know if we are doing right with out power roles going through. I think that Day 3 should when inspections start we will have more of an idea of our status in the game.

We don't need to do well, we just need to do. Day 3 is reasonable, I prefer day 4, but the inspector should make this decision. Lets just hope it wasn't Rook or Tenken.

And I hope it isn't chris is me either.

Ultimately, some people aren't just doing. It's better we keep everyone active than lynch on whatever we're figuring right now.

Fire tredge

I don't really have anything substantial to say about the lynch... I was writing a post but it didn't really say anything. Rook and Tenken, my suspects, are dead. Tyranidos gave a reason for following me, although I'm not too sure what to think at this stage. All idlers are the same as we have absolutely no information on them, so it doesn't matter who we fire among them (well, obviously it does, but we have no way of determining which one). I would like to know our president's basis for claiming Tyranidos clearly isn't mafia, though. The only good argument I've seen against Tyranidos is LightWolfy's, and Tyranidos gave a reasonable counter-argument, though billymills is right. Obviously I'm hesitant to condemn someone who agreed with me about Tenken though, because it's natural to think that person is more reasonable than the others. I would like to see more damning evidence, if anyone has any.

Trick Room, only one of us, the inspector, has concrete facts. Claiming this early would be foolhardly, especially with the new Free Agent rule (I conclude from SDS's post the Free Agent is still alive). In fact, claiming for the inspector, assuming they're still alive, is very, very, very dangerous. I don't even understand the new rule.

Just letting you guys know I'm still active. By your leave, I'll sit back and observe for awhile. I do have a question for SDS though. Is the embezzler some kind of wolf?

I've been trying to think why the mafia would fire Rook, since he seemed to be a relatively likely lynch target for the future. The only thing I can come up with is that Rook was mafia, and the mafia suspected that Rook would get fired today, and that we'd probably fire a villager if we didn't fire Rook. Firing Rook N1 gives the mafia the same result as firing a villager N1 (two villagers and one mafia fired between N1 and N2, assuming they fire a villager N2), and would have the added benefit of sowing confusion in the village. But this seems like an incredibly risky strategy, so I don't really believe it myself...

We're left with very little information here. I'm not really sure what to do yet.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I've been trying to think why the mafia would fire Rook, since he seemed to be a relatively likely lynch target for the future. The only thing I can come up with is that Rook was mafia, and the mafia suspected that Rook would get fired today, and that we'd probably fire a villager if we didn't fire Rook. Firing Rook N1 gives the mafia the same result as firing a villager N1 (two villagers and one mafia fired between N1 and N2, assuming they fire a villager N2), and would have the added benefit of sowing confusion in the village. But this seems like an incredibly risky strategy, so I don't really believe it myself...

We're left with very little information here. I'm not really sure what to do yet.
This is stupid, mafia would never do that as it means there is still a chance that another mafia would be lynched. why'd the mafia take this chance?(Before you say to frame someone that may not work as people would except that) What I'd say killing rook was a try to remove a villager that was active but couldn't be linked to anyone.

Also I pretty much excepted such a reply from tyranidos, all I wanted to see whose reason he was convinced by.(I don't want any undiscovered links to be left)

I think it is not that unreasonable that they killed rook. Look at us now we're a mess we are wasting time wondering why the mafia nk'd someone, that is what they want. Also since we have to look for a new lynch more people have to talk giving the mafia more of an idea to nk that night. If there anymore thoughts on this speak cause we need to move on.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Come on guys, someone being persuaded by another villager is expected to happen, it sounds completely plausible that Tyranidos could go "well he does look fishy now" especially when Tenken looked 50 times more mafia like as the day went on.

That being said I'd probably vote for him if we had no one better to vote for, but looky here:

Dick Room said:
I think it is not that unreasonable that they killed rook. Look at us now we're a mess we are wasting time wondering why the mafia nk'd someone, that is what they want. Also since we have to look for a new lynch more people have to talk giving the mafia more of an idea to nk that night. If there anymore thoughts on this speak cause we need to move on.
the short version: "I want to stifle discussion". Vote Trick Room because he was pretty bad yesterday and now he's basically saying "well if we don't talk the mafia won't know who to kill so let's not talk about anything!"

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, after going over the whole thread since the beginning of Day 1, I think I finally have enough evidence to have a real opinion.

Trick Room first spoke up in post #108, nearly fifty posts into into the game. He speaks up for only one reason: to defend Tenken. It's a bit curious that he waited until then to speak up.

Guys I think ninjask is scummy hes using WIFOM.
@Rook: I really mean that you are by voting Tenken. He hasn't done anything to deserve a vote.
When Trick Room speaks up again almost fifty posts later, it is again to defend Tenken. His argument is that Tenken reminds him of another game where a poor player couldn't defend himself well. He conveniently suggests that we should examine Rook instead, whom askaninjask had proposed in post #127. He spoke up for the sole purpose of deflecting attention from Tenken to Rook.

I think that we should actually lay off tenken a little bit because in a game in mafia-scum i've been playing this thing has been happening a person that isn't the best player gets accused and can't defend themselves well so they end up getting lynched and flip town. In the game I'm playing we're at lylo because of this and of course we don't want that. I think Rook may be scum because he is overly defensive, I think that he wants to vote tenken to fit in and stay clear from any fire.
He again reiterates his suspicion of Rook.

Why would I vote you Ninjask is confirmed mafia dumbass!
The defensiveness is my main suspicion for now.
He gives askaninjask sass, though this doesn't really mean much either way.

Thank you for your opinion.
I'm not clear on who he was talking to in post #173. What this addressed to Class?

Why did you vote him?
Now, in post #180 I expressed my concern that we are grasping at straws and that we need more information before we can be reasonably sure of what we are doing. Trick Room seizes this idea and runs with it:

Right now I agree with reach we need to get atleast 1 confirmed scum so we can start thinking of potenial buddies. Right now we are going just on play when have power roles that are ment to be used. We need to look at people at a less behavior (ex. poor play/good play) early game because we know nothing right now we want to lynch tyranidos because he is "delirious" and MAY of killed Rook because Rook had something on him. I think that is plain stupid we need hardcore proof for the start so we don't dig ourselves a hole. On day 6 or so when we are looking for scum buddies we are going to go off of our iffy suspicions early game to find this. I think our game plan should be to inspect a person we think could be mafia we get a hit then we can go off of the possible strategies they had.If not then we know what not to look for. Right now we are playing weak we are killing ourselves by not seeing that not everyone plays 100% town and if we go off of something that is so iffy and risky to the sake of the game it would be a slaughter by the mafia. We need facts not mental examinations.
"we need facts". Trick Room suggests that circumstantial evidence is not good enough, he need hard information. billymills responds to his concerns (and mine) in an excellent post, #183. However, Trick Room won't accept billy's answer.

Right now the latest I would want this is tommorow(as in game days) because we don't want more townies possibly being killed with card flip off we don't know if we are doing right with out power roles going through. I think that Day 3 should when inspections start we will have more of an idea of our status in the game.
Trick Room wants the inspector to air his/her results ASAP. He is alarmed by the idea that we will have to use circumstantial evidence until then.

Trick Room apparently thinks that Rook was killed to confuse the village.

So to reiterate: Trick Room first spoke up specifically to defend Tenken, and later spoke up specifically to deflect attention from Tenken to Rook, once askaninjask mentioned him as a target. It seems probable to me that the mafia had already decided at that point that they wanted Rook specifically dead, so they seized the idea once askaninjask suggested him, attempting to steer the vote away from Tenken. After all, why night kill Rook when they could get him lynched? When Tenken was lynched, however, the mafia night killed Rook, as they had already been planning. Trick Room clearly wants the inspector to play an early role in this game, and is eager to see him/her revealed. He lay low at the beginning of the game, surfaced to defend Tenken and attempt to bandwagon Rook, then responded when he was called out by billymills by calling for early game inspector involvement, despite the fact that billymills had just given good reason for why that is a bad idea. I feel that taken together, Trick Room's posting history is very suspicious. As such, I believe that we should fire Trick Room.

Well that's a pretty damn convincing post.

Fire Trick Room - fire extinguished

I'm also just confirming that I'm active but don't have anything useful to add for now.

I actually hadn't posted anything for two reasons: firstly, I couldn't get online during the whole weekend, until monday afternoon, so I missed the whole Day 1, and secondly, i didn't have much to say.

Now, Class said that Mekkah was striking him as suspicious on D1, Mekkah asked him to give resons and Class didn't answer, unless I missed some posts... @class, were you just trying to randomly put up a lynch candidate or what?

And about Trick Room getting fired, reachzero's reasoning makes sense, but I'd like to see Trick Room's defense before making a vote.

I thought it was clear that Rook was village, I don't see why mafia would want to cut their own numbers this early for ANY reason.

Fire Trick Room

reach is convincing

damn, i really wanna bandwagon on that one, reachzero...i don't think anything better is going to come up. :( i would like to hear trick room's defense first. if it's not convincing, i will vote him as well. until then, i would suggest not going for majority just yet.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now, Class said that Mekkah was striking him as suspicious on D1, Mekkah asked him to give resons and Class didn't answer, unless I missed some posts... @class, were you just trying to randomly put up a lynch candidate or what?
That's kind of what a lot of people did in Day 1, yeah.

And about Trick Room getting fired, reachzero's reasoning makes sense, but I'd like to see Trick Room's defense before making a vote.
I don't see what he's going to say other than "of course I'm not mafia blah blah blah" but to each their own. We've got time to wait and see, we don't have to majority just yet.

Once again, other members articulated the thought process behind my posts better than me. Though I didn't catch the Rook thing at all, wow.

reachzero's post has convinced me enough to fire trick room. I will not make any points as reachzero has already said anything there is for me to say if I were to argue my position.
EDIT: I am also voting for trick room because, although he has some good ideas about the inspector, he seems to know too much about what the mafia is doing and why they are doing it
EDIT 2:Despite my vote I will listen to any defense trick room has and I am quite looking forward to it. As I will change my vote if I believe it is expedient.

I removed my vote, let's not get ahead of ourselves - I want to hear his defense as well, although as Chris pointed out I doubt it will be anything really substantial, but still. An accidental majority would be annoying.

Also, I would like anyone who hasn't posted anything during the first day to explain why they kept silent and what they now think of the events that have occurred - the lynch of Tenken and death of Rook. SDS, could you nudge them please?

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I would also like to point out that RaRe555 has been active everywhere else, he's been on IRC, I've played fluodome mafia with him a number of times since roles were given out, and yet he didn't post until I literally PMed SDS asking if I could use this as evidence in the thread to which he replied 'sure'.

EDIT: just saw his post, I cannot distinctly remember the times when I played with him

So, if we were to lynch somebody because they were silent, RaRe555 seems like a much better option than tredge.

I am hesitant to trust reachzero with his really long and detailed post about Trick Room's guilt, as I don't fully trust reach either. I don't want untrustworthy people being able to start bandwagons.

EDIT 2: Trick Room's post about getting a confirmed baddie actually makes a lot of sense. Since there is no cardflip, any 'bad' results for the inspector will help up immensely, as we can observe voting behavior. "Did this confirmed baddie vote for Tenken?" "Does this confirmed baddie defend anybody? Propose any lynches?"

Now I'm not saying that the inspector should claim right away, as another day of voting behavior could be really useful once the inspector hits a cutthroat. Also, with the nerfed bg, the inspector won't be staying alive for much longer after he claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)