Project Little Cup Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
nominating omanyte to build around
ill edit a full post in when im not on shitty mobile, but tl;dr: best smasher, great fletch check, fits on any archetype, aso has a fun defensive hazards set.
see above post -- edit: lol

nomming the super fun core of Croagunk + Porygon

<-- cutest animation y/n

These two mons form a very fun core of resistance. Croagunk gets rid of fighters with its nifty typing and pretty decent attacks, while Pory handles powerful attackers by checking or countering such things as Abra, Gastly, most Shell Smashers, non-SD Fletch, any non-Fighting unboosted attacker, etc.

I have a super cool core of them that features Gen4Gunk (aka 3 prioGunk) and Trace wall Pory (Pory T-Waves, walls, Gunk cleans, works great on paraspam), but those are definitely not the only sets and can be worked to fit truly any archtype, as each has a different variant for each major playstyle. For example, on offense one could make use of 3 Prio Gunk and Agility Porygon. On balance, one could use Utility Gunk and Tank Pory. Finally, on semi/stall, one could build with Full Defense sets on both of them. Very versatile, powerful mons, good to build around imo.

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 52 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Gunk Shot

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

plus they're both blue and pink-ish so aesthetic

Last edited:

So we built the team around the Drilbur+Gastly core suggested by Fiend Hound and it turned out being this solid team. We decided to go HO to make the team benefit from the Gastly+Drilbur, Pawniard was a cool mon to run cuz it checks Abra, Fletchling, gives rocks support and also Knock Off support, Timburr is a good win-con, Archen is for Fighters and is another Fletchling answer, and lastly Croagunk for pesky water-types. Shoutout to Corporal Levi, QuoteCS, lord minds, Merritt and more for helping out in the workshop and making it successful, thanks guys!
Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Archen
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 108 Atk / 188 SpA / 196 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 3 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Punch

Last edited:
Now that most of us are done with their school and university stuff this project will be held once again this summer and hopefully more activity will occur so that this project works out better this time, this project has a lot of potential so let's not waste it shall we?

You're free to submit your ideas on what you think we shall build around in the next workshop, go for it!

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright let me start it off Second lol

+
+

Houndour (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpA / 40 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Pursuit

Golett @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 48 HP / 244 Atk / 40 Def / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Surskit (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sticky Web
- Ice Beam
- Protect

The Attack Evs on Houndour lets it have a chance to OHKO Fletch after rocks with Sucker Punch and the rest was just dumped in SpAtk the speed Evs of Golet make sure after Sticky webs Choice Scarf Timid Chinchou doesn't out speed it gave it have attack and and some bulk. Think there two can work pretty good together Houndour and get rid of all the grass,ghost,and weaken Physical walls while Golett and provide SR and a Spin Blocker while handling Fighting-Types and Chinchou (after webs) this core does have to it flaws I know super weak to Water attacks Fletchling PFightong-Types and Ground-Types but with the right support I think it an be pretty good. Thanks

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Riolu @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Copycat
- Iron Tail

Really wanna use this cutemon, Riolu is just so cool to play around with, as it's functions depend on the type of team it faces. Against Stall teams, it really wants to use Swords Dance to break through walls, while against more offensive teams it really wants to take the route of being a revenge killer. Plus it's really cute. I chose Life Orb Riolu over the standard Eviolite Riolu, as Life Orb actually has a 99.6% chance to 2hko with Iron Tail on Spritzee, and also completely OHKOes Spritzee at +2, meaning that it can most definitely be a threat. This set runs 19 HP to make Life Orb recoil only 1 HP instead of 2. I only run 14 Speed because I think that 16 and 15 Speed is a shitty benchmark to hit, especially with priority Copycat and Swords Dance. I opt for the speed to outrun 13 Speed Fletchling sets, meaning I can OHKO with Copycat'd HJK. The rest of the EVs are put into Defense to help a little with Bulk, although it really doesn't do much.

Nominating the super cute mon Togepi

Togepi @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Morning Sun
- Dazzling Gleam

Togepi is really cool because its Fairy typing lets it come in on Fighting types and get up a Nasty Plot, and its low Speed lets the recipient come in safely. LC has many powerful special attackers that can easily benefit from a Nasty Plot pass, such as LO Abra, Houndour, or even Boomburst Taillow. At +2, these Pokemon OHKO like the whole meta after Stealth Rock. Using Togepi would be a cool way to set up on fighters or passive walls and turn powerful wallbreakers into nearly unstoppable sweepers.

Last edited:
I'm nominating Corphish, no particullar set but I think this shit is kinda underrated as it can be an Wallbreaker + a Sweeper on the same mon, pressuring defense and offensive teams anyway, and is a terrible good mon for tour matches, so yeah we can build underrated stuff and still building good stuff

Houndour @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
+
Bunnelby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Return

Purpose is simple, use specially defensive houndour to pursuit trap ghosts and sashbra, especially pumpkaboo, a major issue for bunnelby. Ferroseed and other steels are also good things for houndour to come on in, even with the hasty nature, houndour can use its resistances to check pawniard as well. Flash Fire to possibly gain some more offensive presence.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
We're hoping to have our first summer session sometime next month, just to give everyone enough time to prepare for it. All of your ideas will be kept in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)