Latios

Sayonara

don't forget
I like using LO 3 Attacks + Recover Latios alongside SD Lucario. They have good synergy (Latios resists Fighting, Fire + immune to Ground, while Lucario resists Ghost, Ice, Bug, Dark and Dragon moves) together and can break down walls really well together, and can break walls that bug each other.

I think that Latios is getting quite a bit of slack with all of the rain and it's still not Uber material. Specs is doing some nice damage while easily being able to switch out and come back for more. In rain surfing Scizor and other steal types for nice 2HKOs and being able to counter/ check Keldeo. Latios is becoming a force to be reckoned with! I've even noticed how nice scarf Latios can be in this fast pace meta-game. It's only going to be so long until Latios just straight up sweeps with CM sets and Sub Sets.

Scarf is fantastic. Under rain, nothing can switch into latios and w/SR support it can OHKO all the genies with Draco meteor. Because latios has trick, the blob walls will think twice about switching in. Latios' offensive presence is just as antimeta as mamoswine. Dugtrio makes an acceptable partner for latios as it can git rid of tyranitar and bulky steels that normally give latios problems. Magnezone is also good because it can get rid of skarmary and ferrothorn. I predict its usage will spike just like mamoswine because people will realize how antimeta it is.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Latios is really good, but not just for a really strong Draco Meteor. (strong for unboosted moves that is) It basically outruns EVERYTHING. Every common DD, QD, and Scarf user is outsped and KOed by Latios with either Draco Meteor, Surf (in rain) and Psyshock. Of course, the odd Scarf Gengar or Starmie can outspeed, (speed tie with Gengar) but I rarely see them at all. Last slot either lets you clean up with Dragon Pulse or cripple a wall with Trick.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I don't know of any good damage calculators, so excuse me for not doing this myself, but how much damage does conkeldurr take from psyshock after a bulk up?? If psyshock is unable to 2HKO, psychic is worth considering, right?? Also, is thunderbolt an option if you want an electric attack?? In this weather based metagame, you can't rely on thunder's accuracy.

Psychic is almost never worth considering lol. The situation you gave is pretty obscure in comparison to what Psyshock does (the blobs and Keldeo). Draco Meteor does just fine at smashing Conkeldurr. If you want a 90 Base Power STAB then you're almost always going to be better off with Dragon Pulse.

Thunderbolt is fine, though a little more niche and was mostly used for nailing Skarmory. With Tornadus-T and Keldeo running around its utility has gone up a bit, but on the other hand Thundurus-T and Mamoswine can punish you for using it, and Surf has more overall utility, especially when supported by rain.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It 2HKOes mitchell, but Scarf Latios's Draco Meteor will do well over 70% to the standard BU Conkeldurr. Just makes sure that something weakens it a little before Latios comes in to KO it. That being said, Psychic could KO, but I mentioned Psyshock as a way of getting around the more common Keldeo. Scarf Latios plays a whole lot differently than Specs Latios. Instead of breaking down slower threats (like Conkeldurr or Jellicent) with crazy strong Draco Meteors (nukes as I like to call them) Scarf Latios focuses on getting rid of faster, often boosting threats (such as Scarf Terrakion or QD Volcarona) by utilizing its raw power as base 130 SpAtk still packs a major punch, even without a boosting item.

Anti-Monitor (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

What do you guys think? Weird set I know but I've discovered it destroys a lot of rain teams after Ferrothorn is KOd. Kills most bulky waters that always piss me off like Jelly and Tentacruel. OHKO's Gastrodon. I hate that thing. I basically come in and fake with Dragon Pulse then try to catch their switch in with the appropriate move.

Anti-Monitor (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

What do you guys think? Weird set I know but I've discovered it destroys a lot of rain teams after Ferrothorn is KOd. Kills most bulky waters that always piss me off like Jelly and Tentacruel. OHKO's Gastrodon. I hate that thing. I basically come in and fake with Dragon Pulse then try to catch their switch in with the appropriate move.
In my opinion, even though it gives it away, LO is needed here (the pure power), and Tbolt over Thunder because what if you're not playing a rain team?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)