Latios

Seeing the Latias topic on here made me think we should give her bruddah some spotlight.

Type: Dragon/Phychic

Base Stats:
HP - 80
Attack - 90
Defence - 80
Special Attack - 130
Special Defence - 110
Speed - 110

Ability:
Levitate: Immune to ground type moves

Level up moves:
Lv1: Psywave
Lv5: Heal Block
Lv10: Helping Hand
Lv15: Safeguard
Lv20: DragonBreath
Lv25: Protect
Lv30: Refresh
Lv35: Luster Purge
Lv40: Zen Headbutt
Lv45: Recover
Lv50: Psycho Shift
Lv55: Dragon Dance
Lv60: Psychic
Lv65: Healing Beam
Lv70: Telekinesis
Lv75: Power Share
Lv80: Dragon Pulse
Lv85: Memento

TMs/HMs:
TM01 - Claw Sharpen
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM03 - Psycho Shock
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM19 - Telekinesis
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM48 - Troll
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM67 - Get Even
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Smooth Over
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM05 - Waterfall
HM06 - Dive

Move Tutor:
Draco Meteor

Not much has changed for Latios, with the exception of Phycho Shock, but that move is basically what's going to make Latios shine with no fear of Blissey thanks to is Base 130 Special Attack.

Note: There is no way, that I know of, that you can get Soul Dew in-game, movesets shall exclude it for the time begin

Specs
Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid: 4HP/252 Special Atk/252 Speed
-Draco Meteor
-Grass Knot/Thunder
-Trick
-Phycho Shock/HP Fire/Dragon Pulse

Calm Mind
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid: 4HP/252 Special Atk/252 speed
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Recover/HP Fire/Phycho Shock
-Grass Knot/Thunder/Phycho Shock

Notable movesets submitted by people in this thread

From the user -Life-

DD Special Sweeper Latios
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid: 4HP/252 Special Atk/252 speed
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf/Grass Knot [Thunder could also be viable]
-HP Fire

From -Manaphy--

Dual Screen Momento
Latios @ Light Clay
Timid: 252HP/4 Special Atk/252 speed
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Momento
-Dragon Pulse

Really, Latios won't be changing much, but then again he doesn't really need to be changed, he has a solid movepool and now has a way of fighting back against special walls, especially Blissey. Though the lack of Soul Dew is a big hinderence for it for the time being

Feel free to discuss your thoughts and movepool ideas for Latios.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Thing is, since Soul Dew is currently unavailable, it makes switching him in very hard, as he can't just go on on things like Kyogre's Water Spout anymore. (I think Specs Water Spout OHKO's him without Soul Dew)

Thing is, since Soul Dew is currently unavailable, it makes switching him in very hard, as he can't just go on on things like Kyogre's Water Spout anymore. (I think Specs Water Spout OHKO's him without Soul Dew)
Since that's the case people are gonna be running Trick Specs and Life Orb kind of like his sister aren't they? Ah well, guess we have to wait for a Soul Dew distribution to occur in the near future.

now wait a minute! Can't you transfer Soul Dew from your Gen IV games?
PokeShifter makes it so that you can't have your Pokemon holding items in order to be transfered, obviously put it due to the TM changes. So we're basically without Soul Dew till an Event rears it's head

Psycho Shock is a pretty good to take out Bliss and can be an okay move. Yes it hits Blissey but Dragon Pulse is better almost all the time otherwise. It helps against special walls but nothing else.

^Phyco Shock is utterly pointless if you ask me...It can do what?Take out blissey well CM can already do that.We also have Trick.This isnt like Mewtwo who actually had problems with blissey (unless you consider going terrorist a solution)...Seriusly its just a waste of a moveslot....
Say i cant seem to find Latias thread >___>...Link some1 plawkz? \=3

Where's the token Dragon Dance set? You know, one of like 3 moves that are different from Latias?
Also, you should remove Soul Dew. For all we know, it's permanently unobtainable until they release it from Dream World, as iirc it's programmed to hold Soul Dew when gotten from Dream World, though is otherwise identical to regular Latios.

Actually Speed Booster Latios is pretty cool thanks to that base 110 speed. The set would probably look like:

@ Life Orb / Soul Dew when it's available
Levitate
Timid 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Dragon Pulse
- HP Fire
- Surf / Grass Knot
- Dragon Dance

Your coverage move would depend on what your team handles best, but the basic goal here is to remove special walls and go to town. HP Fire + Surf looks to be the best combination right now since it hits just about everything, although that lost speed IV is a pain. I suppose Draco Meteor could also have some utility for a hit-and-run maneuver to weaken things so that you can clean later.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
^Phyco Shock is utterly pointless if you ask me...It can do what?Take out blissey well CM can already do that.We also have Trick.This isnt like Mewtwo who actually had problems with blissey (unless you consider going terrorist a solution)...Seriusly its just a waste of a moveslot....
yeah i have played quite a few matches with latios and there was never a situation where psycho shock would have been helpful and as stated in the other Latios thread psychic is propably the worst type to pair with dragon considering that his main switch ins are steel types and T-Tar :/

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Needs more Dual Screen Memento..

Latios @ Light Clay
252 HP / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Memento
~Dragon Pulse

It can still set up pretty much any sweeper.

Does anyone know whether or not those pokemon that can be transferred with the Tranfer Machine can hold items?
If so, then posibbly Soul dew could be carried over.
*Checks Research Thread*
EDIT: Ninja'd.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Does anyone know whether or not those pokemon that can be transferred with the Tranfer Machine can hold items?
If so, then posibbly Soul dew could be carried over.
*Checks Research Thread*
no it seems like you cant transfer items.

@Dark Frosslass
i would rather use Thunder since with cm you are already beating blissey and as i stated above psycho shock is a pretty poor move especially together with Dragon type moves.

Latios is not getting past Blissey anytime soon if it is running a CM set, especially without Soul Dew. DDOutrage or CMPsycho Shock is really the only ways it can get around Blissey without resorting to Trick.

Just a thought, though.
Anyone think Soul Dew will be event-released in the coming years for Gen5?
Besides that, Possible DD set to take advantage of Psycho Shock or something like this:

Latios@Life Orb
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Psycho Shock
Dragon Claw
Filler

Anyone think a Specs Set would work? Probably not for Ubers, But it would still be Good in OU, especially with the Likes of T-tar and Sazando checking it.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Just a thought, though.
Anyone think Soul Dew will be event-released in the coming years for Gen5?
Besides that, Possible DD set to take advantage of Psycho Shock or something like this:

Latios@Life Orb
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Psycho Shock
Dragon Claw
Filler

Anyone think a Specs Set would work? Probably not for Ubers, But it would still be Good in OU, especially with the Likes of T-tar and Sazando checking it.
Psycho shock is calculated from you special Attack but deals physical damage therefore DD wouldnt be very useful.

A Specs set is very viable even in ubers its just not used in gen 4 because soul dew is so much better wich i think will be released via Dream World (just a rumour i heard nothing specific).

I guess I'd post here, but Latios without souldew *Can* be used in B/W Online Random matches. At 130 Sp.A and 110 Speed, he is currently the most dangerous dragon type around, completely outclassing Sazandora in every and all aspects. Additionally he and can basically come in against basically any other dragon bar scarfed or focus sashed ones and win.

Due to its dominating position, I'd like to grow one and possibly build a team around it.

Thinking something like

Specs
Latios @ Choice Specs
Dragon Pulse
Grass Knot
Surf
Draco Meteor

although any suggestions would be useful... Also would like to fit in Psycho Shock somewhere >.>... but unsure where =[...

I guess I'd post here, but Latios without souldew *Can* be used in B/W Online Random matches. At 130 Sp.A and 110 Speed, he is currently the most dangerous dragon type around, completely outclassing Sazandora, and can basically come in against any other dragon and win.

I'd like to use one for my Random WiFi team, but I'm having difficulties putting together a moveset.

Thinking something like

Specs
Latios @ Choice Specs
Dragon Pulse
Grass Knot
Surf
Draco Meteor

although any suggestions would be useful... Also would like to fit in Psycho Shock somewhere >.>... but unsure where =[...
I don't think there's anything grass knot is particularly good for. I would just go with thunderbolt if I were you, to hit sdef skarmory and gyarados among other things. Or HP fire for nattorei but then you lose the speed tie against other base 110s.

I don't think there's anything grass knot is particularly good for. I would just go with thunderbolt if I were you, to hit sdef skarmory and gyarados among other things. Or HP fire for nattorei but then you lose the speed tie against other base 110s.
HP I can't really control... I don't know which HP my Latios has <.<.

Regarding Skarmory though, I've rarely seen him on Random Battles. Blissey doesn't rear it's head too much either. (Remember its a 3v3 type situation) Most common "walls" I see are Nattorei, Suicune, Porygon 2 (with Miracle of Evolution) Swampert sometimes. Others include T-Wave Zapdos, and Togekiss. The whole erefuun subseed gimmick is over as well.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions as to potential Team Mates for Latios...

(Thinking of perhaps scarfing instead as well to basically make sure I can outspeed any and all dragons >.>)

Will Latios be allowed in OU, do you think?
Regardless if he is "allowed" in OU or not, Latios is not banned from being entered into B/W Online random matches albeit, without souldew. This means one thing. Unless you don't intend to play random matches at all (really... IMO this is the single biggest draw for B/W) then you *will* need to account for him. Please don't be naive and honestly think self-imposed rules and regulations such as smogon tiers or sleep clause will be followed in Online random battles >.>, because they won't. Double Team/Minimize, etc. are pretty common, and while Celebii for example is not allowed, Lati@s, garchomp, salamence is fully welcome.

tbqh, now that B/W with random matches are out, I don't understand why people insist on playing simulators, such as pokemon online, all the time. The single biggest draw during DPPt/SSHG days was because it was much easier to find a match. Now in B/W, that barrier is eliminated.

tbqh, now that B/W with random matches are out, I don't understand why people insist on playing simulators, such as pokemon online, all the time. The single biggest draw during DPPt/SSHG days was because it was much easier to find a match. Now in B/W, that barrier is eliminated.
Because legitimately raising pokemon is a pain in the ass. Simulators allow you to make any team without any effort, which is their real draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)