Rampardos (Relicanth) @ Focus Sash or Wide Lens
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt

Destroys nearly everything with one rock polish to keep up. Sash can still be used in later plays due to the lack of recoil or wide lens can be used for a bit more accuracy

Rampardos (Relicanth) @ Focus Sash or Wide Lens
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt

Destroys nearly everything with one rock polish to keep up. Sash can still be used in later plays due to the lack of recoil or wide lens can be used for a bit more accuracy
You could also give aggron a shot for the same set as it has a much wider movepool. And if you're using wide lens as an option, try out stuff like aqua tail over waterfall. If you're gonna use it use it to it's fullest amirite? (yes aggron also gets aqua tail)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
TL/DR but the point has been proven
Just read the last portion, the rest is just standard xJownage rant.
jownage with all due respect, you cant go around saying these things right after you post this very thing your telling people not to do. "We can't go around talking down to people who aren't very good" what would you call this entire post you just created. sure this guy is obviously not a bad player given hes #9 on the ladder, but regardless you shouldn't be insulting him, even if he was a complete dick to everyone, that doesn't suddenly make insulting him justifiable. i agree with you that we should be acting more mature on how we treat the newcomers. but at the same time, that doesn't give us the right to just attack someone who's riding their high horse, or at least not so violently like we are all doing. i'm just saying, don't tell people to be mature while you are losing your cool in that very same post. at least try to look more sophisticated. i know i'm probably not the best person to be telling you this, being that I've fallen down this very path you talked about, but at the same time that probably makes me the best choice for saying this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

now lets just drop this subject and get back to inheritance.
There is a huge difference between talking down inexperienced players and attacking a player who does this. The reason I decide to intervene is because he is cocky and condescending, and is putting out a bad message. I'm not putting out a bad message by attempting to put out a fire (with fire), but rather I am trying to save somebody the opportunity to get involved in this community if they run into a better version of that player. We should be more mature to the newcomers, but at the same time, when ones of us don't adhere to that, we have to change that attitude. Then said player goes out an insults a well known and widely respected inheritance player (Jernmax). Do you not believe that my attack is justified because he attacks somebody in our community?

I never judge points based on the validity of the person presenting the argument, i.e. I don't discount what you say about rants because you rant a lot. I think that many times hypocrisy is just an excuse for people to refuse to listen to arguments they don't like. In my opinion, hypocrisy is poor rhetoric in many cases.

Offensive spinner coming through!!!

Terrakion @ Life orb
Ability: Reckless
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Rapid spin
- High Jump Kick
- Stone edge
- Knock off

Inheriting from Hitmonlee, this is the 9,0000000000th terrakion set that is viable. After using it I have fallen in love, friends. Besides being a great option for a spinner besides greninja, this thing packs a big punch, and knock off surprises many ghosts that try to switch in. Don't believe in its power?
252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 216-255 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 190-226 (52.1 - 62%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Fuck typical physical walls; this thing's coverage and strength plows right through many of these walls. Finally, a spinner that doesn't waste a teamslot and isn't named greninja. Stone edge and knock off provide a secondary stab and coverage, knock off being amazing for terrakion in general as its stabs are begging for dark coverage.

Offensive spinner coming through!!!

Terrakion @ Life orb
Ability: Reckless
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Rapid spin
- High Jump Kick
- Stone edge
- Knock off

Inheriting from Hitmonlee, this is the 9,0000000000th terrakion set that is viable. After using it I have fallen in love, friends. Besides being a great option for a spinner besides greninja, this thing packs a big punch, and knock off surprises many ghosts that try to switch in. Don't believe in its power?
252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 216-255 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 190-226 (52.1 - 62%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Fuck typical physical walls; this thing's coverage and strength plows right through many of these walls. Finally, a spinner that doesn't waste a teamslot and isn't named greninja. Stone edge and knock off provide a secondary stab and coverage, knock off being amazing for terrakion in general as its stabs are begging for dark coverage.
I posted it in my earlier team, but I've found Raikou to be a very competent offensive spinner. Thunderbolt/Ice Beam leaves plenty of room for Rapid Spin and another filler move, plus Analytic is useful on switch ins. Like Greninja, Raikou is very fast, but with usable bulk and more power, I've found it to be very reliable on my HO team.

For a physical spinner, I realized another Pokemon that has an empty moveslot...

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Rapid Spin

Mega Lop is infamous for really only needing three moves to be great, and while this set misses out on Extreme Speed, you don't really miss much else by opting for Rapid Spin. Haven't tested this, but basically its just the standard OU set with added utility, so I'd imagine it would be pretty good.

xJownage

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Earthquake / Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Filler / Switcheroo

Terrakion @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Thunder Punch

Terrakion has so many sets in this metagame its not funny. Without so much priority it would be terrible for offense to face. No this is not a gale wings argument, don't try to go there.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Earthquake / Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Filler / Switcheroo

Terrakion @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Terrakion has so many sets in this metagame its not funny. Without so much priority it would be terrible for offense to face. No this is not a gale wings argument, don't try to go there.
Just about your last set, no Pokemon gets those moves :p
If you gave it Low Kick, Brick Break, Iron Head, or Sucker Punch it would work though. And I agree, Terrakion literally has over 20 viable sets o.0

xJownage

Just about your last set, no Pokemon gets those moves :p
If you gave it Low Kick, Brick Break, Iron Head, or Sucker Punch it would work though. And I agree, Terrakion literally has over 20 viable sets o.0
Changed that last set to a weird taunt + tpunch set that breaks a lot of stall teams that rely on unaware cune to wall boosted mons.

Anyone try Mienshao-Terrakion? You get Knock Off and U-turn. I was using it as a Scarfer but Gale Wings and Pinsir invalidate it pretty hard.

xJownage

Anyone try Mienshao-Terrakion? You get Knock Off and U-turn. I was using it as a Scarfer but Gale Wings and Pinsir invalidate it pretty hard.
I was going to try one but it just seemed sub-optimal; scarf high jump kick can end really badly and it lacks power without reckless. I think hitmonlee as a spinner is better at abusing reckless, while regen sets are done better by...a lot of things.

I honestly used fur coat poison types too much for my physical walls. I know that it doesn't give them much to work with, but 100% toxic and double defense was enough for me.

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Weezing: 110-133 (32.9 - 39.8%) -- 17.9% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
240+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Weezing: 151-178 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I think I'm gonna throw up. That is insane. Not even that passive since it Roars out setup sweepers and provides momentum with U-turn. Probably not amazing to have in some late-game situations though, but impressive nonetheless.

xJownage

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Weezing: 110-133 (32.9 - 39.8%) -- 17.9% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
240+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Weezing: 151-178 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I think I'm gonna throw up. That is insane. Not even that passive since it Roars out setup sweepers and provides momentum with U-turn. Probably not amazing to have in some late-game situations though, but impressive nonetheless.
ugh...it requires wish support, which is a huge problem for something that needs to switch in to a lot of attackers (think all the earthquake users in this tier). Wish support is hard to pull off in this meta because everything has such powerful offensive presence on the teams that weezing would be walling. That alakazam team isn't going to give you a free turn to wish and switch to weezing, which is a problem for it.

ugh...it requires wish support, which is a huge problem for something that needs to switch in to a lot of attackers (think all the earthquake users in this tier). Wish support is hard to pull off in this meta because everything has such powerful offensive presence on the teams that weezing would be walling. That alakazam team isn't going to give you a free turn to wish and switch to weezing, which is a problem for it.
All true, though Protect + Black Sludge/Leftovers helps and pairing it with a good backup physical/mixed wall that can switch into these attacks would be good on a stall team. Skarmory or Mandibuzz, for instance would be great partners to it. Definitely wouldn't be an end-all check to physical attackers that you could slap on a team.

I would preffer something that gets stab on u-turn, maybe scizor or escilavor, for a really nice slow U-turn, and better offensive presence--using an assault vest
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Scizor: 112-133 (32.5 - 38.6%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Escavalier: 109-129 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 89% chance to 3HKO
compared to Weezing
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Weezing: 99-117 (29.6 - 35%) -- 14.4% chance to 3HKO
While it lacks the sheer amount of defense it is much better at gaining momentum through sucker-punch and u-turn use. Dark types can gt nice priority to compare.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Grass Knot

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn/Roar
- Rest

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Suicune: 114-135 (28.2 - 33.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

There you go, effective fur coat set

xJownage

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Grass Knot

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn/Roar
- Rest

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Suicune: 114-135 (28.2 - 33.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

There you go, effective fur coat set
Suicune would obviously rather run intimidate or unaware, and thundurus would rather run....anything else.

xJownage

Inheritance Ubers

Because its fun af to play and nobody knows how to teambuild in it (the same reason that some used to shy away from inheritance), I decided to make a quick threatlist for it. Enjoy, and fucking play this meta.

Mewtwo: Protean (more bulky deo-A), Deoxys (Psycho Boost), Lugia (same)

Ho-oh: Gale Wings, Speed Boost, Magic Guard

Lugia: QuiverPass (masq), Unaware, Magic Guard

Latios: Adaptability, Turboblaze, Lugia (psycho boost)

Groudon: Unaware, Poison Heal

Groudon-P: Ho-oh, Rayquaza/Victini

Kyurem-Black: Refrigerate

Kyurem-White: Refrigerate, Sheer Force, Sniper

Kyogre-P: Masquerain

Slaking: PH, Adaptability, Genesect (Download + Espeed + Explosion), tons of other shit

Regigigas: Same as above

Rayquaza: Gale Wings, Speed Boost, Multiscale, Aerilate, Itself

Deoxys-A: Protean, Sheer force

Deoxys-D: Don't use this

Deoxys-S: Omastar, Skarmory, Genesect, Moldy Hazards, Azelf (nasty plot psychic)

Dialga: Adaptability, Druddigon (Moldy hazard set similar to standard uber lead), Levitate??

Palkia: Adaptability, Primordial Sea, Sniper, Masquerain, Revenvest?

Giratina: PH, Unaware, Magic Bounce, all of cress' sets

Darkrai: Zoroark

Arceus: PH, Bulky sets not run by the other two normal types. Outspeeds them as well.

Zekrom: Charizard-Mega X

Reshiram: Desolate Lands, Sheer Force

Xerneas: Slurpuff, Magic Guard, Poison Heal, Pixilate

Yveltal: Honchkrow, Magic Bounce, Speed Boost

Salamence-Mega: Dragonite, Rayquaza, Espeed whatever the fuck you want :)

Kangaskhan-Mega: Slaking/Regi have more bulk, more speed, and can hold items. Don't bother with this.

Mawile-mega: Toxicroak, Hitmontop

Gengar-Mega: Illusion, Mew (dual stabs + nasty plot)

Keldeo: Outclassed by palkia

Archeops: Outclassed by a lot of things except rock head

Blaziken-Mega is still really good.

For those of you who don't know, inheritance ubers =/= inheritance AG. Standard clauses apply, and sheddy, inh from smeargle and sableye, and of course, inheriting huge power/pure power + all those standard things. Don't challenge me to a battle with huge power regigigas. But challenge me to battles!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)