Metagame Frantic Fusions (New resources @ Post #387)

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
the tier is in a terrible state
View attachment 548738

I have made it my mission to make everyone suffer in this tier with the most degenerate stalls I could come up with, and i can say ive succeded in flying colors, as I have now two alts at the top of the ladder, below the buns and La Casa Matusita. The first one was dedicated to showing why any tier with free ish regen needs ability clause:

https://pokepast.es/99b4e352c8ab8047
:goodra-hisui: :blissey: :great tusk: :slowbro: :zapdos-galar: :scream tail:

This team has 4 regens, a phealer to beat opposing pheal, and an unaware just in case. Its objective is encapsulated in this self quote:
View attachment 548741
The regens are somewhat generic and are all equipped with some form of setup prevention, such as phazing, foul play, being big donphan, etc. Originally i was running unaware corb and pheal big jigglypuff, but i got sick of big puff being so limp weak, so i made it unaware and picked up pheal gzap bc i still needed a meowscarada answer. And my god, is pheal gzap good.

breloom (Zapdos-Galar) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Thunderous Kick
- Drill Peck

This is actually an long term unbeatable wincon with a little team support between its good bulk allowing it to take special attacks decently well, Tkick allowing it to beat bulky stuff for freeish and pheal being broken broke broke. Ban pheal, since it allows many doofuses to become fantastic wincons.

Some replays of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936274732 i love regen bc it allows me to play like shit and still be in the game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1935347327

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1937223326
My crowning achievement, my magnum opus, my ode to why it should be 1AC instead of 2AC.

457 agonizing turns full of switching, stifled setup attempts, and lots and lots of pp stalling.
My two favorite highlights is when i intentionally waste my pp on my gzap so that i can click struggle, whose recoil i can heal easily with pheal, and create the 0 PP Clicker, and CM bliss justifying itself by finally managing to close the game after cm big puff and gzap managed to make my opponent run out of encores and whirlwinds. Endgames where theres more than two regens on both sides (which is often given how good regen is) can drag for a loong loong time and often end up in draws should both of them be equipped enough to stop their forms of progress such as hazards, and setup, which given the state of the meta is super easy to do. I implore for the council to implement 1AC specifically, as to never subject anyone to this fate.

Some naysayers will say that this team is not that good, as its only really good at prolonging games while not being as good at stopping things such as hazards and what not. And to some extent they're right. This team acomplishes its goal of making everyone suffer when playing against it, but it can fold to hazard stack and getting haxed in longer games. So after getting high enough with this team i decided to pull out my Halloween alt, La Casa Matusita, and make a stall team thats actually broken broken.

https://pokepast.es/0c1f305826dfe4eb
:gholdengo: :vaporeon: :great tusk: :goodra-hisui: :quagsire: :corviknight:

View attachment 548750

I lost one time to sub Diancie!hamurott and the other time to I think meow? (i was running spdef corb and it tpunched me) I forgot, but the thing is this team is broken broken and should not be allowed.

:gholdengo:
Uxie (Gholdengo) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

The star of the team and devil that allows this to happen. Once again, ground immune gholdengo takes a relative pittance from knock once it lost its item, making it able to spinblock the one good spinner, big donphan, for long enough for it to drown in hazards before it can spin them. You can't reliably spin against this thing; even cope options such as scrappy big donphan just lose because it has no recovery, and quav and the such are a joke and get spinblocked by this guy as well.

:vaporeon:
Hatterene (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Mud-Slap

An admittedly odd pick, but it makes a lot of sense as it can switch in and scare away ground types such as tinglu and big donphan and heatran, all of which are the most common hazard setters in the tier. I chose vaporeon over the bulkier alomomola mainly for mud-slap believe it or not, as I have faced more than once WA Heatran, and alomomola couldnt do anything about it whereas vape had fantastic options to choose such as dig and mud slap to bother it. Mud-Slap also managed to work fine enough throught my run by being able to cheese my way against switchins, and one time making someone miss its memento 3 times in a row before dying.

:great tusk:
Tornadus T (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ground
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

The big man. there he is. only good hazard removal in this bitch of a gen. it has rocks bc its hazard stack. this is like the set most ppl run what else do you want me to say

:goodra-hisui:
slowking (Goodra-Hisui) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Heavy Slam

AV regen mon that does mostly fine vs special attackers. Like this post if youve seen this set before in a different tier

:quagsire:
Diancie (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Toxic
- Surf

I really didnt know what to put as the pokemon to spit spikes as I felt most options would overlap with big donphan since all of them are ground types. I ended up going with this guy, as it had unaware and could somewhat take bax. In practice, it kinda didnt have many opportunities to come in bc its super under stated for the tier, and could take bax about as well as ghold (which is to say barely), but it only needed to a few opportunities to come in per game to be effective, and toxic really came in handy as people really have become complatient to not thinking their wincons are toxic vulnerable, so it could beat stuff with that pretty well.

:corviknight:
Gholdengo (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Drill Peck
- Body Press

The list of pokemon that can switch into corb without much fear and have recovery is pretty big, so this couldve been many things. i ended up going corb bc i need smt to not lose to meow once again. The name gholdengo comes up once again as it gives good as gold, to block feeble defog attempts. Using cope options such as moldy fog 1) makes you a terrible corb 2) still lose long term bc fog has 24 pp.

I have fewer replays for this team since i played less, but they still demonstrate my point
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936766147-0jsu67urx5gret9u15su7rhr21j7v7cpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936876903

As i said before, the enabler of this monstrosity is gholdengo, and it deserves the ban

Other brokens in the tier

:baxcalibur:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is a pokemon that can deal 40% to resists without a choice band or a Life Orb free? Why is it still free? why is all counterplay to setup sets of this bozo vulnerable to band? Whens the ban coming? This thing learns crunch, you know? so ghold isnt sacred, and haxorus can give it moldy to further break and beat unaware mons and levighold.

:enamorus:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is the pokemon that can deal 70% to most special walls with a barely invested physical move free? Its moonblasts do fucking 30 ish to blissey and goodrah, and has coverage for basically any check. This is actually the most broken mon right now because at least fake bax answers are fake bc they eat 40 still, whereas enam can 2hko everything you can put in front of it unless you use mid mon moltres with spdef bc im sure hbraviary!enam can do 50 to it with psychic.

TL;DR: Implement 1AC, ban ghold, ban bax, ban enam

delutional take. you cant just turn a blind eye to the brokens of the tier just to differenciate it from aaa. If balancing it ends up turning it into aaa 2, it means the concept is simply flawed. And if you dont change anything, youll have an unplayable tier. Both ways end up with you not being able to play FF, but in one you admit your mistakes

Rain is the other one that needs a hard look at

Here is another set:
:sv/Haxorus:+:Ting-Lu:
Stats: 76/174/121/73/90/108
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker / Vessel of Ruin
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Iron Head

When Baxcalibur inevitably gets banned, then this may shine as a sweeper. Great abilities and offensives as well as good defenses, and can set up to sweep! Except of course Scizor+Glastrier Bullet Punches it twice in the head.

Last edited:
Here is another set:
:sv/Haxorus:+:Ting-Lu:
Stats: 76/174/121/73/90/108
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker / Beads of Ruin
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Iron Head

When Baxcalibur inevitably gets banned, then this may shine as a sweeper. Great abilities and offensives as well as good defenses, and can set up to sweep! Except of course Scizor+Glastrier Bullet Punches it twice in the head.
Beads of Ruin isn't from Ting-Lu, it's from Chi-Yu, which is banned

I haven't played in so long, but I can't believe this is now legit and a thing. Y'all got me out of retirement.
I remember frantic Fusions as a Random OM on the OM server with the original concept pitched by smellslikememe. I was going to pitch it but didn't want to commit. Ill attach the old pitch document I had worked on just for fun and legacy (its hot garbage btw).
The rules are different than this format but this is awesome and way more approachable.

Btw, the stench and dolphin ban is criminal. I want to go Unga Bunga and Totsugeki people to death. Or play Pokemon as intended. High Luck low skill. Live and die by the roll of the dice. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Point of clarification, what if both abilities are the same? If I have a tornadus-therian and fuse with Slow (slow ability is regenerate) then would the mon heal 66% on the switch? Would stacking serene grace allow for x4 secondary chances? I assume it doesn't but if it does, there is some potential.

Ting lu x slowbro. 155/152/100 bulk regen+vessel of ruin. Good luck killing it.
Giving mons regenerate or enhancing Regenerate mons is really really good. Im sure I can build a regenerate spam team that wins via rage quit.
Dashbun x Houndstone. The shared power bulk core rolled into 1.
Maus x Cleaver for potential 450 BP Pop bomb nukes.
Cloyster x Scizor for tech + skill link.

I hope there is an Ubers version where a bunch of mons and abilities are unbanned because the theorymon crafting would be nuts.
If Last respects was legal then Basculegion x Kingambit for the ultimate anchor. Like Lv3 sparking Golden Frieze on Crack. Or LV3 X factor Dark Phoenix from OG MvsC3.

Attachments

I haven't played in so long, but I can't believe this is now legit and a thing. Y'all got me out of retirement.
I remember frantic Fusions as a Random OM on the OM server with the original concept pitched by smellslikememe. I was going to pitch it but didn't want to commit. Ill attach the old pitch document I had worked on just for fun and legacy (its hot garbage btw).
The rules are different than this format but this is awesome and way more approachable.

Btw, the stench and dolphin ban is criminal. I want to go Unga Bunga and Totsugeki people to death. Or play Pokemon as intended. High Luck low skill. Live and die by the roll of the dice. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Point of clarification, what if both abilities are the same? If I have a tornadus-therian and fuse with Slow (slow ability is regenerate) then would the mon heal 66% on the switch? Would stacking serene grace allow for x4 secondary chances? I assume it doesn't but if it does, there is some potential.

Ting lu x slowbro. 155/152/100 bulk regen+vessel of ruin. Good luck killing it.
Giving mons regenerate or enhancing Regenerate mons is really really good. Im sure I can build a regenerate spam team that wins via rage quit.
Dashbun x Houndstone. The shared power bulk core rolled into 1.
Maus x Cleaver for potential 450 BP Pop bomb nukes.
Cloyster x Scizor for tech + skill link.

I hope there is an Ubers version where a bunch of mons and abilities are unbanned because the theorymon crafting would be nuts.
If Last respects was legal then Basculegion x Kingambit for the ultimate anchor. Like Lv3 sparking Golden Frieze on Crack. Or LV3 X factor Dark Phoenix from OG MvsC3.
Abilities don't stack and you can only have one ability at a time.

who's idea was it to let prankster into the meta
Gonna use this as a reason to post some prank builds because it's not broken X)

Klefki (:Mew:) @ Light Clay / Mental Herb / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Reflect / Stealth Rock
- Light Screen / Spikes
- U-turn
- Taunt / Will-o-wisp
The most goated prank mon ever, it prevents most attempts to set up hazards, it can cripple mons with will o wisp, it can even be a lead hazard setter though that's a bit harder when mbounce is so prevalent so screens is preferred for prank to support mons like hariyama and baxcalibur.

Klefki (:Corviknight:)@ Light Clay
Relaxed Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Taunt
This is mew but slower for better pivot and a better defensive typing, it is similarly the goat of prank mons.

Tornadus (:Flamigo:) @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Copycat
This is actually a funny ass build that I personally haven't used but it works off of the fact that lagging tail makes fly go last, then you use copycat to go first and then call on fly again to have it go past and create a loop. This build does obvi flownder when rocky helmet, phasing, or even no guard exists.

Klefki (:Quagsire:) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Haze / Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Recover
- Earthquake / Liquidation
Based on the AAA toxapex set I present you the bad quag set. Tbh it is pretty passive even with toxic because no matter what you choose to slot for an attack you're walled by corv, GaG users, and mbounce users :(. But it's quag so it's funny as hell :).

P
Gonna use this as a reason to post some prank builds because it's not broken X)

Klefki (:Mew:) @ Light Clay / Mental Herb / Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Reflect / Stealth Rock
- Light Screen / Spikes
- U-turn
- Taunt / Will-o-wisp
The most goated prank mon ever, it prevents most attempts to set up hazards, it can cripple mons with will o wisp, it can even be a lead hazard setter though that's a bit harder when mbounce is so prevalent so screens is preferred for prank to support mons like hariyama and baxcalibur.

Klefki (:Corviknight:)@ Light Clay
Relaxed Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Taunt
This is mew but slower for better pivot and a better defensive typing, it is similarly the goat of prank mons.

Tornadus (:Flamigo:) @ Lagging Tail
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Copycat
This is actually a funny ass build that I personally haven't used but it works off of the fact that lagging tail makes fly go last, then you use copycat to go first and then call on fly again to have it go past and create a loop. This build does obvi flownder when rocky helmet, phasing, or even no guard exists.

Klefki (:Quagsire:) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Haze / Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Recover
- Earthquake / Liquidation
Based on the AAA toxapex set I present you the bad quag set. Tbh it is pretty passive even with toxic because no matter what you choose to slot for an attack you're walled by corv, GaG users, and mbounce users :(. But it's quag so it's funny as hell :).
I disagree! Prankster is broken here because there's no good hazard removal!

I disagree! Prankster is broken here because there's no good hazard removal!
Does he know :worrywhirl: . First off try to have less one liners cause simply saying "no hazard removal" isn't a very good argument and just not very useful to the thread as a whole.
Second:
Decidueye-Hisui (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Knock Off / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Bulk Up

Houndstone (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird / Body Press

(Not in the game yet but still)
Clefable (Quaquaval) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wave Crash
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Hatterene (Zapdos) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Hurricane
We definitely have good spinners and we also have easy ways to block prankster with mbounce pretty easily.
So if you're struggling with prank then that's kinda of a skill issue :worrywhirl:

Here to talk about 2 dark legendary's that are stupid good

+

(Mudsdale)Ting-Lu
Stats: 155/141/150/68/101/53
EVs:252HP/4Defense/252Spe Defense
Ability:Stamina/Vessel of Ruin
Nature:Adamant
Item:Assault Vest
Moves:
Body Press
Earthquake
Throat Chop
Ruination

Yeah ting-lu still needs to be banned with the combination of ting-lu and mudsdale it has 514Hp, 337 defense, and 451 special defense with the ability stamina if it ever switches in on a weak special attacking move it could snowball the entire game. Here's some calcs to show how defensive this monster is

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Walking Wake Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 460-544 (89.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(Basculegion-F)Walking Wake with modest choice specs can't even guarantee a one shot on this monster

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Enamorus Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 359-424 (69.8 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Braviary-Hisui)Enamorus with a modest nature doesn't even get close to killing it in one hit

252+ Atk Great Tusk Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 234-276 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 36.3% chance to 2HKO
lastly with one defense boost a offensive (Tornadus-Therian)Great tusk can't kill ting-lu and will even give it another defense buff meaning depending on rolls and what the first move was that hit ting-lu it can beat tusk in a 1v1

Time for some offense

+

(Lycanroc-Dusk)Zarude
Stats: 105/149/121/83/111/132
EVs:252Attack/4Spe Defense/252Speed
Ability:Tough Claws
Nature:Jolly
Item:Choice Band
Moves:
Power Whip
U-turn
Crunch
Close Combat

You wouldn't expect this thing to be that good but it has good bulk to live neutral hits, weak U-turn's, and non stab strong super effective moves. Obviously though the main focus here is offense and let's just see what walls this destroys.

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 594-698 (115.5 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yeah it one shots (Mudsdale)Ting-Lu which would defeat the point of Ting-Lu if anyone used Zarude

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 426-502 (110.3 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It could also one shot max HP (Uxie)Heatran which is meant to be a really good wall on stall teams

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 440-522 (101.3 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It obliterates (Tornadus-Therian)Great Tusk which means you never have to deal with regenerator

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 434-512 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
It also could one shot (Mudsdale)Cresselia which means no stamina pokemon is save

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Goodra-Hisui: 376-444 (103.2 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zarude Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 700-824 (98 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
It can also one shot both (Slowbro)Goodra-Hisui and (Slowbro)Blissey

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
With the tier being well active for about a week now, it's time we take some action on the red flags in the metagame. As such...

:sv/baxcalibur: :sv/dragapult: :sv/enamorus:
:damp-rock: :heat-rock: :toxic-orb:

Baxcalibur, Dragapult, Enamorus, Damp Rock, Heat Rock, and Poison Heal are now banned!
Shoutout to KaenSoul for the guest votes on Iron Moth and Poison Heal!

:baxcalibur: :dragapult::enamorus::damp-rock: - I've explained my thoughts on these elements here; if you want further elaboration I'd be happy to tell more. TL;DR is they were broken, and not quite healthy.
:heat-rock: - Heat Rock has been banned due to how ridiculous Sun teams can be with Pokemon with Walking Wake + Lilligant / x Chlorophyll Pokemon, and other abusers such as Great Tusk, Iron Moth, Roaring Moon, etc. It often is hard to prep for Sun if you don't go out of your way to beat it, and when you did it would leave you with very awkward matchups into other Pokemon / teamstyles. Because of those reasons, Heat Rock is now banned.
:toxic-orb: - I've done a 180 on this since DLC is quickly approaching and so is Gliscor, I would say that I think it's somewhat bearable with Breloom being a mediocre donor but I don't want to waste time on this ability. Poison Heal gives so much Pokemon unreal longevity and allows them to become nigh unstoppable, opening a lot of degenerate things for the opponent / player. Due to all of that, Poison Heal is now banned.

:iron-moth: (:great-tusk: / :goodra-hisui: / :ting-lu: + :tornadus-therian: / :slowbro: / :slowking-galar:) :walking-wake:
Iron Moth, Regenerator Walking Wake survived the slate, but will still be kept eye on.
in all honesty idk why i put moth on here LOL its not broken

:gholdengo: (:hariyama: / :cetitan: + :sneasler:)
These two were elements that were forgotten during this slate, but will be kept a very hard eye on the upcoming days. Apologies for this inconvenience, but I wanted to get a slate out as soon as possible due to some IRL stuff I have to handle later in the week and didn't want to let y'all suffer with the obvious brokens.

That's all from me though, cheers

/cut
+

(Lycanroc-Dusk)Zarude
Stats: 105/149/121/83/111/132
EVs:252Attack/4Spe Defense/252Speed
Ability:Tough Claws
Nature:Jolly
Item:Choice Band
Moves:
Power Whip
U-turn
Crunch
Close Combat
/cut
I have been tinkering with Tough Claws after I read this and found something with higher attack and speed, and actually better special bulk.
:sv/roaring moon:+:lycanroc dusk:
Stats: 105/168/87/68/117/146
Lycanroc-Dusk (Roaring Moon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
- Dragon Claw/Outrage/Scale Shot
- Crunch/Jaw Lock/Throat Chop
- U-Turn
- Iron Head/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Break Break/Stone Edge/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Basically a lot of coverage

This is a case of four moveslot syndrome, where it wants to use all of the coverage moves but can't. It is not crippling however.

Cresselia
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mudsdale (Cresselia): 524-618 (118 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mudsdale (Cresselia): 476-564 (107.2 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Doesn't even matter the nature! Still an OHKO!

Heatran
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Uxie (Heatran): 322-380 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Uxie (Heatran): 294-346 (76.1 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Great Tusk
Max Defense + Max HP

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 268-316 (61.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 244-288 (56.2 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Well, It is enough saying that this can hit hard. But on a 150+ defense and good hp mon? Tusk needs to switch otherwise it dies, and this max hp and defense!
Base defense + Max HP
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 316-374 (72.8 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 288-340 (66.3 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Base defense + Base HP
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 316-374 (85.1 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
This can actually OHKO a min bulk Great Tusk!
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T (Great Tusk): 288-340 (77.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Get bonked, Great Tusk! You can't fare against strong attacks!

Ting-Lu
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mudsdale (Ting-Lu): 300-354 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mudsdale (Ting-Lu): 272-322 (52.9 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yes, it 3HKOs due to the Stamina boost, but it can do heavy damage for another sweeper to come in and beat it.

Blissey
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Slowbro (Blissey): 582-686 (89.2 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Slowbro (Blissey): 530-624 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah... This is pretty powerful. And this is full on defense!

Goodra-Hisui
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 196 HP / 0 Def Slowbro (Goodra-Hisui): 348-410 (99.4 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Roaring Moon Brick Break vs. 196 HP / 0 Def Slowbro (Goodra-Hisui): 316-374 (90.2 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Even without the attack boost, it can still immediately OHKO without chip damage...

Last edited:
With the tier being well active for about a week now, it's time we take some action on the red flags in the metagame. As such...

Baxcalibur, Dragapult, Enamorus, Damp Rock, Heat Rock, and Poison Heal are now banned!

:baxcalibur: :dragapult::enamorus::damp-rock: - I've explained my thoughts on these elements here; if you want further elaboration I'd be happy to tell more. TL;DR is they were broken, and not quite healthy.
:heat-rock: - Heat Rock has been banned due to how ridiculous Sun teams can be with Pokemon with Walking Wake + Lilligant / x Chlorophyll Pokemon, and other abusers such as Great Tusk, Iron Moth, Roaring Moon, etc. It often is hard to prep for Sun if you don't go out of your way to beat it, and when you did it would leave you with very awkward matchups into other Pokemon / teamstyles. Because of those reasons, Heat Rock is now banned.
:toxic-orb: - I've done a 180 on this since DLC is quickly approaching and so is Gliscor, I would say that I think it's somewhat bearable with Breloom being a mediocre donor but I don't want to waste time on this ability. Poison Heal gives so much Pokemon unreal longevity and allows them to become nigh unstoppable, opening a lot of degenerate things for the opponent / player. Due to all of that, Poison Heal is now banned.

:iron-moth: (:great-tusk: / :goodra-hisui: / :ting-lu: + :tornadus-therian: / :slowbro: / :slowking-galar:) :walking-wake:
Iron Moth, Regenerator Walking Wake survived the slate, but will still be kept eye on.

These two were elements that were forgotten during this slate, but will be kept a very hard eye on the upcoming days. Apologies for this inconvenience, but I wanted to get a slate out as soon as possible due to some IRL stuff I have to handle later in the week and didn't want to let y'all suffer with the obvious brokens.

3 stall boys voted for regenerator and banned dragapult...

Had no idea the voting was on Discord as I keep track of this post... Wasn't said here... My vote would have made Dragapult available... Now, there will be only stall teams out there

The same ones that complained about sweepers bring 4 regen and 1 unaware to the team and Toxic their way all the way through... Diversity of teams will be totally gone from now on... Dragapult wasn't even a menace or a threat to anyone

l2p + post elo + build better + regen spam is exploitable + youre not council so you cant vote + pult was broken :pimp:

On a more serious note, I'd prefer you actually make a more coherent post about how you feel about Regenerator and the new bans instead of talking about scenarios of the metagame that sound unrealistic and talking about the council process when you yourself have no input on it (Do you think a tier full of so much dumb clickers will be ruined by stall?)
Ok, now that you editted and asked for some context, I will explain:

I am not totally unhappy with Regenerator on. Some players just like the stall play. A vast majority go the other way. Many were from other times and simply enjoy battling... Enjoy the meta, I am sure they feel just as annoyed with teams like these as me, but they try to counter it.

Dragapult was a great counter. For the classic Regen Great Tusk, it was capable of denying the Rapid Spin and switch out when he knocked off.

In my team he was a Gholdengo Specs, not a Regidrago and from what I understand, the main problem with it was the Dragon's Maw, not Dragapult itself, so Dragon's Maw should be banned instead in my opinion.

Also, special Dragapult could 2HKO Slowkings, OHKO Walking Wakes, and ran with Thunderbolt, could kill Stall Corviknights, so it was great to face against Regenerators, tbh.

So bottom of all,not only me but a lot of recreational players will miss him when facing stall teams, be sure of that... I feel the way to go was banning Dragon's Maw instead... My main concern wasn't even Regenerator, but from what I feel, every team will have Regen Spam from now on.

Don't think it will be ruined by stall, but it is forcing us to only go through that path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And full Regen Spam is not an unrealistic scenario... A guy posted here in this thread that he has 4 Regen and 1 Unaware in his team, besides having it, he himself asked for the ban because it was "too easy for him"

I faced him once and confirm he has it.

Last edited:
Sneasler (Chesnaught) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 200 Atk / 152 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Gholdengo (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Glimmora (Dudunsparce) @ Red Card
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Glare
- Roost

Slowbro (Iron Moth) @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 184 Def / 16 SpA / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Flash Cannon

Houndstone (Samurott-Hisui) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 212 Atk / 212 Def / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Sacred Sword

Avalugg (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 228 Atk / 56 Def / 224 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty sure this guy wasn't broken... And pretty sure the problem was a Banded Dragon's Maw Dragapult, not the Pokemon itself.

:Baxcalibur:
Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace

- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard

A lead only halted by 4x Resists, Super Effective Priority, or Bulky Intimidate Users.

Can you move?

Why don't you ask the magic conch?

no-magic.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)