Metagame Frantic Fusions (New resources @ Post #387)

Ive been spamming this polteageist set on ladder and it can catch teams off guard in a similar way stamina cress does. Due to type matchup it also beats other common cm users like scream tail/cresselia as long as you dont let stored power get too strong.
beats stuff like bulk up tusk and even (unboosted) technician bax/pult.

mudsdale (Polteageist-Antique) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Heres a replay that shows how it can easliy snowball out of control in front of phys attackers once checks like iron moth and heatran are defeated:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1935982237

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
One final hurrah for Haxorus
(:sv/Haxorus:/:sv/Baxcalibur:)+:Cetitan:
Yes, this combo lacks in speed, but nothing that can be rectified after a Dragon Dance. Having Haxorus means more speed and slightly more attack, while having Baxcalibur means having priority and a second STAB.
Moves+Set
Baxcalibur

You can run Life Orb+Sheer Force, with Dragon Claw/Outrage (Outrage is more powerful, but dragon claw doesn't lock you in), Icicle Crash (flinch chance turns into pure power), Icicle Spear (nICE priority), and Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Dance, depending if fairies or steels are more of a problem, OR if you want more power (somehow) or speed (makes sense).
Haxorus
Dragon claw or outrage, dragon dance, Iron Head, and either First Impression for the immediate priority or Night Slash.
Why Cetitan over something like Kleavor? Both give Sheer Force but Kleavor has a higher Attack and Speed stat to give

Any thoughts on my team? I am thinking about trading something for a wall setter to pivot, but any tips are welcomed

1693773992989.png

Unburden Haxorus

1693774049271.png

Levitate Hisuiian Goodra - For some reason, image could not be loaded in PokePaste

1693774116785.png

Drought Walking Wake - good defense sun setter for Clorophyll Ceruledge and Protosynthesis Enamorus

1693774190540.png

Chlorophyll Ceruledge based on Leafeon

1693774255284.png

Protosynthesis Enamorus-Therian - not very sure if picked up good ability, but must have a Fairy to counter Dragons

1693774318059.png

Unburden Belly Drum Chesnaught - not sure if I distributed EVs correctly tho... Thhis guy reaches 1450 atk but lacks SPD to Belly Drum

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Reminder to ease on the one liners and such, would like some metagame discussion instead of some back to back discussion of nothing. Anyway, here's what I've been thinking about the meta at the moment after laddering for a good bit:

(:corviknight: + :pelipper:)
(:walking-wake: + :basculegion-f:)
(:barraskewda: / :quaquaval: / :basculegion: + :haxorus:/ :overqwil: / :baxcalibur:)
Rain has been something I find quite annoying, fusing already strong Water-type breakers with donors like Haxorus, Baxcalibur, both Basculegion forms, or Overqwil make them very hard to handle unless using a dedicated Water Absorb user like Scream Tail + Volcanion or sturdy Water resists like Goodra or Walking Wake. The usual outplay argument could be used when it comes to facing rain but in this format I don't even think that's the case, because even with the correct building and play, rain will still find a way to be a nuisance.

(:enamorus: + :braviary-hisui:/ :tauros:)
I still don't know why we let this one slip through, it simply is Valiant-lite and is arguably just as obnoxious as Iron Valiant. There's very little counterplay to Enamorus outside of Iron Moth + Azelf, Heatran + Uxie, Blissey + x, and Corviknight + Daschbun, all of which except the latter can be exploited with other moves like Psychic, Focus Blast, and Play Rough. Don't really see how this lasted long or why people on ladder just forget it exists; definitely a top 3 threat in the meta and should be prepared for while it lasts.

(:hariyama: / :cetitan: / :chesnaught: + :sneasler:)
(:baxcalibur: + :scizor: / :scyther:)
I categorized these two together since they are both strong physical fusions. Unburden carries Hariyama / Cetitan / Chesnaught + Sneasler and is obviously broken because without it they would be nothing more but niche cheese strats; other Pokemon can abuse Unburden like Flamigo + Sneasler on terrain and are also very strong. Baxcalibur + Scizor line is another strong physical fusion because of how absurd SD / DD + Icicle Spear and Ice Shard sets are with Technician, albeit losing out on your old burn immunity but that's better donated to another Pokemon anyway. I do think counterplay is a bit limited and especially towards sets that can fit the Ice / Dragon / Ground move combo, but there might be some more exploration to do.

(:great-tusk: / :ting-lu: / :goodra: / Any defensive Pokemon + :breloom:)
(:great-tusk: / :goodra-hisui: / :ting-lu: / :moltres-galar: / Any defensive Pokemon + :slowbro: :slowking-galar: :tornadus-therian: :klawf:)
In my opinion, I don't feel like Poison Heal or Regenerator are problematic; I'd go as far to say that they allow for good defensive backbones to be formed against this highly offensive metagame. While yes, they can be obnoxious at times, it really isn't hard to build with natural pressure against common defensive cores, and I'm a firm believer in that at the moment until some real heinous shit is unveiled.

:dragapult:
Tame, but not really tame. Okay, but not really okay. Counterplay exists, but counterplay kinda doesn't exist. Schrodinger's fusion I say!

That's what I think about the metagame at the moment, do note we council are aware of red flags and there will be a voting slate sometime this week. Have some teams as well in exchange for reading:

:dragonite: :zapdos: :iron-moth: :scream-tail: :great-tusk: :goodra-hisui:- LO Libero Dragonite + Cinderace BO
Note: Expert Belt and HDB can work just as fine, but I like Life Orb better to be a better clicker. Morning Sun > Toxic Spikes on Iron Moth can also be used for a better Enamorus MU
:hoopa: :spidops: :ceruledge: :great-tusk: :enamorus: :baxcalibur: - SFLO Hoopa + Tauros Webs
Note: ALWAYS CLICK CIRCLE THROW WITH SPIDOPS IF AN OPPOSING BAXCALIBUR IS LEAD. 36 Speed EVs on Tusk let it outspeed Timid Enamorus + Braviary-H at +1
:uxie: :ceruledge: :walking-wake: :scream-tail: :corviknight: :ting-lu: - Sun
:corviknight: :walking-wake: :zapdos: :meowscarada: :goodra-hisui: :great-tusk: - Rain

That's all from me, bye now!

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Reminder to ease on the one liners and such, would like some metagame discussion instead of some back to back discussion of nothing. Anyway, here's what I've been thinking about the meta at the moment after laddering for a good bit:

(:corviknight: + :pelipper:)
(:walking-wake: + :basculegion-f:)
(:barraskewda: / :quaquaval: / :basculegion: + :haxorus:/ :overqwil: / :baxcalibur:)
Rain has been something I find quite annoying, fusing already strong Water-type breakers with donors like Haxorus, Baxcalibur, both Basculegion forms, or Overqwil make them very hard to handle unless using a dedicated Water Absorb user like Scream Tail + Volcanion or sturdy Water resists like Goodra or Walking Wake. The usual outplay argument could be used when it comes to facing rain but in this format I don't even think that's the case, because even with the correct building and play, rain will still find a way to be a nuisance.

(:enamorus: + :braviary-hisui:/ :tauros:)
I still don't know why we let this one slip through, it simply is Valiant-lite and is arguably just as obnoxious as Iron Valiant. There's very little counterplay to Enamorus outside of Iron Moth + Azelf, Heatran + Uxie, Blissey + x, and Corviknight + Daschbun, all of which except the latter can be exploited with other moves like Psychic, Focus Blast, and Play Rough. Don't really see how this lasted long or why people on ladder just forget it exists; definitely a top 3 threat in the meta and should be prepared for while it lasts.

(:hariyama: / :cetitan: / :chesnaught: + :sneasler:)
(:baxcalibur: + :scizor: / :scyther:)
I categorized these two together since they are both strong physical fusions. Unburden carries Hariyama / Cetitan / Chesnaught + Sneasler and is obviously broken because without it they would be nothing more but niche cheese strats; other Pokemon can abuse Unburden like Flamigo + Sneasler on terrain and are also very strong. Baxcalibur + Scizor line is another strong physical fusion because of how absurd SD / DD + Icicle Spear and Ice Shard sets are with Technician, albeit losing out on your old burn immunity but that's better donated to another Pokemon anyway. I do think counterplay is a bit limited and especially towards sets that can fit the Ice / Dragon / Ground move combo, but there might be some more exploration to do.

(:great-tusk: / :ting-lu: / :goodra: / Any defensive Pokemon + :breloom:)
(:great-tusk: / :goodra-hisui: / :ting-lu: / :moltres-galar: / Any defensive Pokemon + :slowbro: :slowking-galar: :tornadus-therian: :klawf:)
In my opinion, I don't feel like Poison Heal or Regenerator are problematic; I'd go as far to say that they allow for good defensive backbones to be formed against this highly offensive metagame. While yes, they can be obnoxious at times, it really isn't hard to build with natural pressure against common defensive cores, and I'm a firm believer in that at the moment until some real heinous shit is unveiled.

:dragapult:
Tame, but not really tame. Okay, but not really okay. Counterplay exists, but counterplay kinda doesn't exist. Schrodinger's fusion I say!

That's what I think about the metagame at the moment, do note we council are aware of red flags and there will be a voting slate sometime this week. Have some teams as well in exchange for reading:

:dragonite: :zapdos: :iron-moth: :scream-tail: :great-tusk: :goodra-hisui:- LO Libero Dragonite + Cinderace BO
Note: Expert Belt and HDB can work just as fine, but I like Life Orb better to be a better clicker. Morning Sun > Toxic Spikes on Iron Moth can also be used for a better Enamorus MU
:hoopa: :spidops: :ceruledge: :breloom: :enamorus: :baxcalibur: - SFLO Hoopa + Tauros Webs
Note: ALWAYS CLICK CIRCLE THROW WITH SPIDOPS IF AN OPPOSING BAXCALIBUR IS LEAD. 36 Speed EVs on Tusk let it outspeed Timid Enamorus + Braviary-H at +1
:uxie: :ceruledge: :walking-wake: :scream-tail: :corviknight: :ting-lu: - Sun
:corviknight: :walking-wake: :zapdos: :meowscarada: :goodra-hisui: :great-tusk: - Rain

That's all from me, bye now!
I find it concerning that in this post Ghold is nowhere to be seen in this post

After a lot of regen spamming my loses are mostly attributed to terrible hax (more chances to get critted at crucial times the longer games go), Big brokens bax. enam and to a lesser extent dd phantom force pult when i lose my blob, a few missplays and hazard stack. Gholdengo is a fantastic enabler for hazard stacks as a spinner, and cruicially, fusions such as uxie give it enough bulk to shrug off knocks from the one spinner Big Donphan, whos often kinda stuck with a fusion that doesnt give that much attack like tornt, so it just eats 20% from knocks every time. On top of that gholdie gives Good as Gold when fused with, so that you can block fogs from corb and nothing else bc this gen sucks and we have no hazard removal. Just give it to anything that can take a bbird or a bpress, run some mons to stack the hazards, and dont run into other lowkey broken Mbounce, which is broken for all the reasons its broken in aaa which is that it makes hazards a MU fish, and youre gholden. Just drown your oppo in hazards. If i was the greatest player of all time i would somehow combine all these brokens into a horrible horrible hazard stack regen spam team, but i cant stack the regens as hard if i have to run a levitate gholdie+a GaG mon + Some safeties such as a phealer to beat opposing phealers and a unaware mon.

Ghold is the lynchpin of hazard stack, and should drowning in hazards be deemed too much, the one to target for a ban

I hit number 1 on the ladder and I have some stuff I observed
1000001826.png

Regenerator is incredibly strong, in this meta game, which isn't inherently broken. But the fact is that you can run multiple. You need at least 2 Regenerators minimum for a team that isn't Hyper Offense.
:corviknight: :great-tusk: :blissey:

These three are the worst offenders, especially great tusk. It's on most teams because it's crucial for hazard control. Blissey invalidates any special wall breaker period unless you run mixed. And corviknight is just free momentum every time. (Unaware is also common for Blissey as well)

:gholdengo:+ :Uxie:

This mf right here is also incredibly annoying, but kinda needed for balance teams. It prevents easy spins from tusk and "counters" most baxcalibur sets. It checks allot of pokemon actually, with max defense you'd Tank things you'd never imagine. It barely lives quaquaval + beartic banded wave crash in the rain from full. It lives mystical fire from enamorus + h-braviary from full. And it could take an earthquake in a pinch from bax
baxcalibur + haxorus. Speaking of which

:baxcalibur: + :haxorus: or :scizor:

Almost Any Ability prepared me for this, baxclibur + scizor or "Baxzor" hits so goddamn hard. Technican boosted loaded dice icicle spear hits way too hard even in neutral. In AAA it was crazy, but now he gets an even higher attack stat and speed?? Corviknight cannot switch in into icicle spear, nor can great tusk, and gholdengo needs to be full or else it's a 2 hit (10 hit) ko. Ice shard also gets beefed up, so swords dance sets just delete any non-uaware pokemon (who ALSO get slapped). But it gets worse; baxcalibur + haxorus or "Haxcalibur" Is the single most threatening set up sweeper. Unaware can't save you, Gholdengo can't save you. Bulky waters can't save you. Only one pokemon I seen could take it on, slowbro + cloyster, with iron defense it could take it on. Aside from that, baxcalibur is near uncheckable and definitely needs a suspect check.

:enamorus: + :braviary-hisui:
:dragapult: + :braviary-hisui:
:Dragapult: + :Basculegion-F:

These are the main "click one button" abusers, enamorus is the worst offenders and has no reason being here. unless you have very obscure pokemon fusions, you can't check this mon. Superpower for Blissey and heatran and mystical Fire for gholdengo. (It also does over 30% to gholdengo with moonblast) Best so far is like Moltres + Anybody, yet moonblast does so much damage, its like it doesn't even resist it? Get this genie outta here. Aside from that, dragapult is also devious, I didn't see it as much as I thought but its definitely a good mon. It's fast as hell, hits pretty damn hard. It's basically does what it does, outspeed and drop dracos. I don't think it's "broken". Mixed sets are pretty crazy though but in regular dragapult fashion it doesn't do nearly as damage as Dragon Dance sets or Adaptability. Purifying Salts also shut it down very hard, but as the metagame develops I can see pult rising through the ranks very quickly.

:Moltres: + :Gholdengo:
:Zapdos: + :Gholdengo:
:Ting-lu: + :Slowking:

Now for what I think it's definitely a broken teamstyle is hazard stack + good as gold. The only relevant defogger is corv, slap GoG on either bird and you stop that. Okay, what about spin? Well gholdengo + Uxie stops spin as well, and so you end up with Hella hazards on your side unable to do anything then watch as you take 40% for switching in. Add more bulky regen mons and some knock offs and legitimately unstoppable. It's incredibly obnoxious and toxic, stall teams with these cores are incredibly difficult to break. As they usually have specific pokemon to beat their checks. I ran into thief gholdengo that stole my boots on blissey and then i lost to moltress because I'm taking more damage then healing off. You would need to run scrappy great tusk to beat the team (which isn't very good anyway) Good as Gold definitely needs to be checked on, its a broken ability that definitely shouldn't be allowed here. (Let's not talk about the millions other sets you could use with GoG)

:breloom:

Poison heal is kinda balanced idk, I never had a problem with it. The main abuser is garg but there's a huge downside. Aside from attack brelooms stats are kinda shit, to the standards of some defense mon, it's below average. Garg gets two hit ko'd pretty easily but allot of attacks. now obviously once gliscor returns to its glory it will be very problematic, but for now its pretty fine. Garg isn't really oppressive, tusk sits on it all day, and substitute just kills it even more.

:Corviknight: + :Pelipper:
:Quaquaval: + :Beartic:
:Walking-Wake: + :Basculegion-F:

ah rain, truly the most broken weather of all time, drizzle shouldn't be here tbh. Quaquaval hits so hard it's not even funny. This is only time I seen beartic actually do something of use, Wake also hits pretty hard too. Corviknight with drizzle acts like a pseudo enamorus check (let's not talk about moonblast calc) and u-turn allows these abusers to roam free. There's nothing much aside from getting two to three free kills with quaquaval and finishing the team off with zapdos. Rain is Broken.

Here's the teams that got me here:
:great-tusk: :blissey: :corviknight: :samurott-hisui: :slowking-galar: :gholdengo:- Triple Regen + Hamarott/Gholdengo hazard stack Stall.
Last slot can be replaced with moltres if you really wanna deny hazards.

:garganacl: :dragapult: :landorus-therian: :volcanion: :great-tusk: :corviknight:- Double Regenvest + Specs Adaptability Dragapult Bulky Balance
Garg is Water Absorb to not lose to rain immediately.

:Dragapult: :gholdengo: :ting-lu: :baxcalibur: :enamorus: :great-tusk:-Ting-lu/Gholdengo hazard stack + Sheer Force enamorus, Haxcalibur, and Sub DD technican dragapult HO

Locked users get put at a disadvantage, not an advantage. Case in point: I turned on my VPN in order to get locked & here we can see Great Tusk fused with Breloom. It still retains the ability & it's impish, max HP and max def however the stats don't get boosted from the fusion. The only possible advantage that can be had is that it'll obfuscate what fusion it is but that tradeoff is really bad.
I played a ton of games while locked but didn't notice this, I thought it was just a client-side issue and that the stats did indeed apply but was disappointed when I did some testing (in chal). Crazy that I still won most of the time

To not make this a one-liner, I'll discuss some niche mons that I think are nonetheless quite usable

:hariyama:+:sneasler: This is the type of mon that you don't see very often but you know you're screwed when you see one. I don't know how you're supposed to wall this without Unaware or something stupid like Armor Tail Enamorus

:avalugg: + :klawf:/:wo-chien: Its entire niche is checking bax consistently with no fear of Crunch or moldy EQ and being the only mon bulky enough to check bax without needing its ability, meaning it can answer moldy bax too and run regen. You also obliterate roaring moon but that's about it.

Note - In the damage calc only, Mold Breaker ignores ruin abilities. This is a known bug and does not happen in actual gameplay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1936564578-6p3lefadpxgwkfa2k989zqquu8hqvsvpw

:cresselia: + :skeledirge:/:breloom:/:mudsdale: Very difficult to stop without phazing, Haze, Encore or Kingambit, Calm Mind + Stored Power eventually breaks through every non-dark-type

I find it concerning that in this post Ghold is nowhere to be seen in this post

After a lot of regen spamming my loses are mostly attributed to terrible hax (more chances to get critted at crucial times the longer games go), Big brokens bax. enam and to a lesser extent dd phantom force pult when i lose my blob, a few missplays and hazard stack. Gholdengo is a fantastic enabler for hazard stacks as a spinner, and cruicially, fusions such as uxie give it enough bulk to shrug off knocks from the one spinner Big Donphan, whos often kinda stuck with a fusion that doesnt give that much attack like tornt, so it just eats 20% from knocks every time. On top of that gholdie gives Good as Gold when fused with, so that you can block fogs from corb and nothing else bc this gen sucks and we have no hazard removal. Just give it to anything that can take a bbird or a bpress, run some mons to stack the hazards, and dont run into other lowkey broken Mbounce, which is broken for all the reasons its broken in aaa which is that it makes hazards a MU fish, and youre gholden. Just drown your oppo in hazards. If i was the greatest player of all time i would somehow combine all these brokens into a horrible horrible hazard stack regen spam team, but i cant stack the regens as hard if i have to run a levitate gholdie+a GaG mon + Some safeties such as a phealer to beat opposing phealers and a unaware mon.

Ghold is the lynchpin of hazard stack, and should drowning in hazards be deemed too much, the one to target for a ban
The annoying part is that you don't run into hazard stack often at ALL, meaning you never prepare for it and it's beyond unbeatable when you're unfortunate enough to face it, on the other hand it would be really sad to lose Gholdengo as a base, which is much more common and consistent

Last edited:
I don't play this meta, and I'm not entirely planning to, however I heard this was AAA lite and I saw some funky stuff legal that I'd just like to put here.

:baxcalibur: + :scizor:
115/177/117/88/106/103
Scizor (Baxcalibur) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

Outside of EE Steels seems extremely unwallable. Then again, I took a quick scroll through this thread and half the things here look insanely unwallable. Please ban Simple and Stakeout why are they legal who thought it was ok wtf. Alternatively Dragons Maw (Regidrago), that moldy Haxorus set, Simple SD/DD (Numel) and Tinted Lens (Lokix) also seem really stupid.

:hariyama: + :sneasler:
144/152/75/50/80/80
Sneasler (Hariyama) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Headlong Rush / Knock Off / Heavy Slam

You run Unaware or you lose the game gg. 80 base speed means even with an Adamant nature it hits 518 speed after a Belly Drum goes off which is pretty fucking dumb and is faster than neutral speed invested Regieleki. 152 attack at +6 should pretty much kill everything that isn't Unaware particularly since Fluffy is banned or maybe an Earth Eater Gholdengo...? Just run Knock for that gg. Its bulk actually mean it probably isn't that easy to setup but it isn't bad and behind screens it can't be that hard to get a Drum off. Even if this is banned frankly Chesnaught can just do the same thing, and a million other drummers or setup mons. Please ban Unburden, probably, I'm not really paying attention to whatever else is in this tier just the banlist.

Extra notes: Weather seems really fucking dumb when you don't have Primordial weathers around as common immunities. Tera also seems really fucking dumb with all the super drugged up breakers and setup mons you currently have, but maybe at this point emergency defensive Tera is the only way to cope against some of these breakers/sweepers (until the next one comes along)
Just to add to the Unburden Point, Just like Hariyama,
Following are also Unwallable, Cetitan is even Stronger and Faster

Hawlucha (Cetitan) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ice
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Superpower

Grafaiai (Sneasler) @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dire Claw
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

Just to add to the Unburden Point, Just like Hariyama,
Following are also Unwallable, Cetitan is even Stronger and Faster

Hawlucha (Cetitan) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Superpower

Grafaiai (Sneasler) @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dire Claw
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
Both are walled by :gholdengo: + :uxie:, at least the sets you described

What would the optimal speed evs be for a Hariyama sneasler? Max speed adamant hits 518 speed after unburden, which is faster than any unboosted mon but slower than scarfed 345+ like Walking wake or Iron Moth. What pokemon commonly run scarf that I should invest speed for?

Using a slightly modified version of this team

Cinderace (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Thunder Punch

Braviary-Hisui (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Azelf (Iron Moth) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes

Hatterene (Scream Tail) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

Breloom (Great Tusk) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ground
Impish Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Slowbro (Goodra-Hisui) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Curse

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936899726-lymd9vkf00yp6ztggudda65s5lntoo2pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936912667-wgjrh0cxh829tt8r0i30kett5fspnihpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936913855-txzeswchdhwtd4nk5fb70e7ztqglnhypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936915094-4shwm1la7yc5q37rdrsvk5qtjndl3w1pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936975396-kxe4on008y1iom5fi53l6tkfim7i8iwpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936981782-fnqvlgds95445549asgzwol0rcj1tuypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1937318635-p7qxk38hyzefopugzy3vffoxc5xm7rlpw

This is a Metagame that really makes you think and i keep losing :/

Last edited:
Here is an Unburden user as a Mixed attacker!
:sv/hoopa:+:sneasler:
Sneasler (Hoopa) @ Focus Sash
EVS: 248 Atk / 8 SPA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 Spd
- Hyperspace Hole/Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Fling/Brick Break
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:
Let me just

Kleavor (Roaring Moon) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Dark/Fire/Electric/Whatever
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Fire Fang / Thunder Fang

Tauros (Roaring Moon) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Dark/Fire/Electric/Whatever
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Fire Fang / Thunder Fang

I LOVE Sheer Force Life Orb. Roaring Moon is just the only physical one (yeah, special might be better, but I'm in a hurry rn).

Kleavor gives 33 atk and 21 speed, Tauros gives 25 atk and 27 speed (hence +Speed on Kleavor and +Atk on Tauros).
Crunch for stab, Iron Head for Faeries and the last move for whatever mon you want/need.
Have fun

To be frank, I believe the meta is in a perfect state as is.

Isn't this meta quite literally almost any ability but with boosted stats? Doesn't that mean any additional bans & restrictions would eventually evolve to be the same?

Don't think anything should change from what it is now or else this'll just end up a carbon copy of AAA.

Isn't this meta quite literally almost any ability but with boosted stats? Doesn't that mean any additional bans & restrictions would eventually evolve to be the same?

Don't think anything should change from what it is now or else this'll just end up a carbon copy of AAA.
I would like to see some Sketchmons in it. Maybe take a single move from the fused mon.

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Great Tusk Mach Punch sounds like too much
Yeah, too much FUN!

Hoopa (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Agility / Focus Blast

Like this. But this is legal.

Locked users get put at a disadvantage, not an advantage. Case in point: I turned on my VPN in order to get locked & here we can see Great Tusk fused with Breloom. It still retains the ability & it's impish, max HP and max def however the stats don't get boosted from the fusion. The only possible advantage that can be had is that it'll obfuscate what fusion it is but that tradeoff is really bad.View attachment 547941
Gliscor is returning, rejoice

A possible answer to the win condition that is Loaded Dice Mold Breaker Baxcalibur running around:
:sv/MR MONEY-: oh, sorry, just got really excited... Lets try again.
:sv/Gholdengo:+:Skeledirge:
Stats: 87/148/120/160/109/100
Skeledirge (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers/Ability Shield
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpA
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

And for out-offensing it...
:sv/Scizor:+:Haxorus:
Stats: 70/166/122/70/97/89
Haxorus (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker/Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bug Buzz

What if we throw a glacier at it?
:sv/Avalugg:+:slowbro:/:florges:
Stats:
Slowbro - 95/135/211/69/66/35
Slowbro (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin/Recover
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Earthquake
Florges - 95/133/201/72/84/45
Florges (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin/Recover
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
the tier is in a terrible state
1693937359723.png

I have made it my mission to make everyone suffer in this tier with the most degenerate stalls I could come up with, and i can say ive succeded in flying colors, as I have now two alts at the top of the ladder, below the buns and La Casa Matusita. The first one was dedicated to showing why any tier with free ish regen needs ability clause:

https://pokepast.es/99b4e352c8ab8047
:goodra-hisui: :blissey: :great tusk: :slowbro: :zapdos-galar: :scream tail:

This team has 4 regens, a phealer to beat opposing pheal, and an unaware just in case. Its objective is encapsulated in this self quote:
1693938352529.png

The regens are somewhat generic and are all equipped with some form of setup prevention, such as phazing, foul play, being big donphan, etc. Originally i was running unaware corb and pheal big jigglypuff, but i got sick of big puff being so limp weak, so i made it unaware and picked up pheal gzap bc i still needed a meowscarada answer. And my god, is pheal gzap good.

breloom (Zapdos-Galar) @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Water
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Thunderous Kick
- Drill Peck

This is actually an long term unbeatable wincon with a little team support between its good bulk allowing it to take special attacks decently well, Tkick allowing it to beat bulky stuff for freeish and pheal being broken broke broke. Ban pheal, since it allows many doofuses to become fantastic wincons.

Some replays of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936274732 i love regen bc it allows me to play like shit and still be in the game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1935347327

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1937223326
My crowning achievement, my magnum opus, my ode to why it should be 1AC instead of 2AC.

457 agonizing turns full of switching, stifled setup attempts, and lots and lots of pp stalling.
My two favorite highlights is when i intentionally waste my pp on my gzap so that i can click struggle, whose recoil i can heal easily with pheal, and create the 0 PP Clicker, and CM bliss justifying itself by finally managing to close the game after cm big puff and gzap managed to make my opponent run out of encores and whirlwinds. Endgames where theres more than two regens on both sides (which is often given how good regen is) can drag for a loong loong time and often end up in draws should both of them be equipped enough to stop their forms of progress such as hazards, and setup, which given the state of the meta is super easy to do. I implore for the council to implement 1AC specifically, as to never subject anyone to this fate.

Some naysayers will say that this team is not that good, as its only really good at prolonging games while not being as good at stopping things such as hazards and what not. And to some extent they're right. This team acomplishes its goal of making everyone suffer when playing against it, but it can fold to hazard stack and getting haxed in longer games. So after getting high enough with this team i decided to pull out my Halloween alt, La Casa Matusita, and make a stall team thats actually broken broken.

https://pokepast.es/0c1f305826dfe4eb
:gholdengo: :vaporeon: :great tusk: :goodra-hisui: :quagsire: :corviknight:

1693942587400.png

I lost one time to sub Diancie!hamurott and the other time to I think meow? (i was running spdef corb and it tpunched me) I forgot, but the thing is this team is broken broken and should not be allowed.

:gholdengo:
Uxie (Gholdengo) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

The star of the team and devil that allows this to happen. Once again, ground immune gholdengo takes a relative pittance from knock once it lost its item, making it able to spinblock the one good spinner, big donphan, for long enough for it to drown in hazards before it can spin them. You can't reliably spin against this thing; even cope options such as scrappy big donphan just lose because it has no recovery, and quav and the such are a joke and get spinblocked by this guy as well.

:vaporeon:
Hatterene (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Mud-Slap

An admittedly odd pick, but it makes a lot of sense as it can switch in and scare away ground types such as tinglu and big donphan and heatran, all of which are the most common hazard setters in the tier. I chose vaporeon over the bulkier alomomola mainly for mud-slap believe it or not, as I have faced more than once WA Heatran, and alomomola couldnt do anything about it whereas vape had fantastic options to choose such as dig and mud slap to bother it. Mud-Slap also managed to work fine enough throught my run by being able to cheese my way against switchins, and one time making someone miss its memento 3 times in a row before dying.

:great tusk:
Tornadus T (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

The big man. there he is. only good hazard removal in this bitch of a gen. it has rocks bc its hazard stack. this is like the set most ppl run what else do you want me to say

:goodra-hisui:
slowking (Goodra-Hisui) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Heavy Slam

AV regen mon that does mostly fine vs special attackers. Like this post if youve seen this set before in a different tier

:quagsire:
Diancie (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Toxic
- Surf

I really didnt know what to put as the pokemon to spit spikes as I felt most options would overlap with big donphan since all of them are ground types. I ended up going with this guy, as it had unaware and could somewhat take bax. In practice, it kinda didnt have many opportunities to come in bc its super under stated for the tier, and could take bax about as well as ghold (which is to say barely), but it only needed to a few opportunities to come in per game to be effective, and toxic really came in handy as people really have become complatient to not thinking their wincons are toxic vulnerable, so it could beat stuff with that pretty well.

:corviknight:
Gholdengo (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Drill Peck
- Body Press

The list of pokemon that can switch into corb without much fear and have recovery is pretty big, so this couldve been many things. i ended up going corb bc i need smt to not lose to meow once again. The name gholdengo comes up once again as it gives good as gold, to block feeble defog attempts. Using cope options such as moldy fog 1) makes you a terrible corb 2) still lose long term bc fog has 24 pp.

I have fewer replays for this team since i played less, but they still demonstrate my point
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936766147-0jsu67urx5gret9u15su7rhr21j7v7cpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936876903

As i said before, the enabler of this monstrosity is gholdengo, and it deserves the ban

Other brokens in the tier

:baxcalibur:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is a pokemon that can deal 40% to resists without a choice band or a Life Orb free? Why is it still free? why is all counterplay to setup sets of this bozo vulnerable to band? Whens the ban coming? This thing learns crunch, you know? so ghold isnt sacred, and haxorus can give it moldy to further break and beat unaware mons and levighold.

:enamorus:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is the pokemon that can deal 70% to most special walls with a barely invested physical move free? Its moonblasts do fucking 30 ish to blissey and goodrah, and has coverage for basically any check. This is actually the most broken mon right now because at least fake bax answers are fake bc they eat 40 still, whereas enam can 2hko everything you can put in front of it unless you use mid mon moltres with spdef bc im sure hbraviary!enam can do 50 to it with psychic.

TL;DR: Implement 1AC, ban ghold, ban bax, ban enam

delutional take. you cant just turn a blind eye to the brokens of the tier just to differenciate it from aaa. If balancing it ends up turning it into aaa 2, it means the concept is simply flawed. And if you dont change anything, youll have an unplayable tier. Both ways end up with you not being able to play FF, but in one you admit your mistakes

Attachments

the tier is in a terrible state
View attachment 548738

I have made it my mission to make everyone suffer in this tier with the most degenerate stalls I could come up with, and i can say ive succeded in flying colors, as I have now two alts at the top of the ladder, below the buns and La Casa Matusita. The first one was dedicated to showing why any tier with free ish regen needs ability clause:

https://pokepast.es/99b4e352c8ab8047
:goodra-hisui: :blissey: :great tusk: :slowbro: :zapdos-galar: :scream tail:

This team has 4 regens, a phealer to beat opposing pheal, and an unaware just in case. Its objective is encapsulated in this self quote:
View attachment 548741
The regens are somewhat generic and are all equipped with some form of setup prevention, such as phazing, foul play, being big donphan, etc. Originally i was running unaware corb and pheal big jigglypuff, but i got sick of big puff being so limp weak, so i made it unaware and picked up pheal gzap bc i still needed a meowscarada answer. And my god, is pheal gzap good.

breloom (Zapdos-Galar) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Thunderous Kick
- Drill Peck

This is actually an long term unbeatable wincon with a little team support between its good bulk allowing it to take special attacks decently well, Tkick allowing it to beat bulky stuff for freeish and pheal being broken broke broke. Ban pheal, since it allows many doofuses to become fantastic wincons.

Some replays of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936274732 i love regen bc it allows me to play like shit and still be in the game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1935347327

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1937223326
My crowning achievement, my magnum opus, my ode to why it should be 1AC instead of 2AC.

457 agonizing turns full of switching, stifled setup attempts, and lots and lots of pp stalling.
My two favorite highlights is when i intentionally waste my pp on my gzap so that i can click struggle, whose recoil i can heal easily with pheal, and create the 0 PP Clicker, and CM bliss justifying itself by finally managing to close the game after cm big puff and gzap managed to make my opponent run out of encores and whirlwinds. Endgames where theres more than two regens on both sides (which is often given how good regen is) can drag for a loong loong time and often end up in draws should both of them be equipped enough to stop their forms of progress such as hazards, and setup, which given the state of the meta is super easy to do. I implore for the council to implement 1AC specifically, as to never subject anyone to this fate.

Some naysayers will say that this team is not that good, as its only really good at prolonging games while not being as good at stopping things such as hazards and what not. And to some extent they're right. This team acomplishes its goal of making everyone suffer when playing against it, but it can fold to hazard stack and getting haxed in longer games. So after getting high enough with this team i decided to pull out my Halloween alt, La Casa Matusita, and make a stall team thats actually broken broken.

https://pokepast.es/0c1f305826dfe4eb
:gholdengo: :vaporeon: :great tusk: :goodra-hisui: :quagsire: :corviknight:

View attachment 548750

I lost one time to sub Diancie!hamurott and the other time to I think meow? (i was running spdef corb and it tpunched me) I forgot, but the thing is this team is broken broken and should not be allowed.

:gholdengo:
Uxie (Gholdengo) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

The star of the team and devil that allows this to happen. Once again, ground immune gholdengo takes a relative pittance from knock once it lost its item, making it able to spinblock the one good spinner, big donphan, for long enough for it to drown in hazards before it can spin them. You can't reliably spin against this thing; even cope options such as scrappy big donphan just lose because it has no recovery, and quav and the such are a joke and get spinblocked by this guy as well.

:vaporeon:
Hatterene (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Mud-Slap

An admittedly odd pick, but it makes a lot of sense as it can switch in and scare away ground types such as tinglu and big donphan and heatran, all of which are the most common hazard setters in the tier. I chose vaporeon over the bulkier alomomola mainly for mud-slap believe it or not, as I have faced more than once WA Heatran, and alomomola couldnt do anything about it whereas vape had fantastic options to choose such as dig and mud slap to bother it. Mud-Slap also managed to work fine enough throught my run by being able to cheese my way against switchins, and one time making someone miss its memento 3 times in a row before dying.

:great tusk:
Tornadus T (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

The big man. there he is. only good hazard removal in this bitch of a gen. it has rocks bc its hazard stack. this is like the set most ppl run what else do you want me to say

:goodra-hisui:
slowking (Goodra-Hisui) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Heavy Slam

AV regen mon that does mostly fine vs special attackers. Like this post if youve seen this set before in a different tier

:quagsire:
Diancie (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Toxic
- Surf

I really didnt know what to put as the pokemon to spit spikes as I felt most options would overlap with big donphan since all of them are ground types. I ended up going with this guy, as it had unaware and could somewhat take bax. In practice, it kinda didnt have many opportunities to come in bc its super under stated for the tier, and could take bax about as well as ghold (which is to say barely), but it only needed to a few opportunities to come in per game to be effective, and toxic really came in handy as people really have become complatient to not thinking their wincons are toxic vulnerable, so it could beat stuff with that pretty well.

:corviknight:
Gholdengo (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Drill Peck
- Body Press

The list of pokemon that can switch into corb without much fear and have recovery is pretty big, so this couldve been many things. i ended up going corb bc i need smt to not lose to meow once again. The name gholdengo comes up once again as it gives good as gold, to block feeble defog attempts. Using cope options such as moldy fog 1) makes you a terrible corb 2) still lose long term bc fog has 24 pp.

I have fewer replays for this team since i played less, but they still demonstrate my point
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936766147-0jsu67urx5gret9u15su7rhr21j7v7cpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1936876903

As i said before, the enabler of this monstrosity is gholdengo, and it deserves the ban

Other brokens in the tier

:baxcalibur:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is a pokemon that can deal 40% to resists without a choice band or a Life Orb free? Why is it still free? why is all counterplay to setup sets of this bozo vulnerable to band? Whens the ban coming? This thing learns crunch, you know? so ghold isnt sacred, and haxorus can give it moldy to further break and beat unaware mons and levighold.

:enamorus:
What the fuck. What. The. Fuck. Why is the pokemon that can deal 70% to most special walls with a barely invested physical move free? Its moonblasts do fucking 30 ish to blissey and goodrah, and has coverage for basically any check. This is actually the most broken mon right now because at least fake bax answers are fake bc they eat 40 still, whereas enam can 2hko everything you can put in front of it unless you use mid mon moltres with spdef bc im sure hbraviary!enam can do 50 to it with psychic.

TL;DR: Implement 1AC, ban ghold, ban bax, ban enam

delutional take. you cant just turn a blind eye to the brokens of the tier just to differenciate it from aaa. If balancing it ends up turning it into aaa 2, it means the concept is simply flawed. And if you dont change anything, youll have an unplayable tier. Both ways end up with you not being able to play FF, but in one you admit your mistakes
Cope option 2 - Pixilate/Scrappy Rapid Spin (actually don't it's an awful set)

:enamorus: As if superpower was even necessary:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Enamorus (Braviary-H) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Goodra-Hisui (Slowking): 166-198 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Couldn't have said it better about regen, so many of my games feel pretty much scripted, I lead tusk, get up rocks, then from that point all I have to do is switch between the 3-4 regens until the opponent gives up or dies trying (not really, but yes really).

Note - I prefer Klawf over TornT as a fusion for Tusk as it's the best regen mon for dealing with opposing Tusk, thus forcing them out and keeping rocks up

Another mon I wanna bring up is :dragapult:: The most common fusions for it are Regidrago, Basculegion, Basculegion-F and Braviary-H. The main problem with pult is that it forces a 50/50 on you, physical or special? Losing this coinflip can potentially be disasterous:

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragon's Maw Dragapult (Regidrago) Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Goodra-Hisui (Slowbro): 356-420 (97.8 - 115.3%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
To be fair, all DMaw sets I've seen thus far have been DD

252 SpA Dragon's Maw Dragapult (Regidrago) Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk (TornT): 393-463 (105.1 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs aren't even needed here

Currently it's not so bad as you can go into a regen middleground that takes 70% max and once the set is revealed, you can just go into the appropriate regenerator mon and oh yea, bax Ice Shard exists

However, in the event that regen is limited to 1 mon per team and bax and enam are banned, Dragapult would be much tougher to deal with as this would no longer be possible, in addition to the checks themselves becoming weaker and/or less consistent, potentially to the point of Dragapult itself becoming a problem

As for the meta being unplayable, I can understand why they would be reluctant to take action straight away, considering that the meta was originally thought to be extremely offensive and that any changes made now won't apply on the ladder for a while, leaving only a few days between these bans and the meta-altering DLC

Additionally, 2AC is also worth considering as a middleground option imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)