Metagame Frantic Fusions (New resources @ Post #387)

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't play this meta, and I'm not entirely planning to, however I heard this was AAA lite and I saw some funky stuff legal that I'd just like to put here.

:baxcalibur: + :scizor:
115/177/117/88/106/103
Scizor (Baxcalibur) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

Outside of EE Steels seems extremely unwallable. Then again, I took a quick scroll through this thread and half the things here look insanely unwallable. Please ban Simple and Stakeout why are they legal who thought it was ok wtf. Alternatively Dragons Maw (Regidrago), that moldy Haxorus set, Simple SD/DD (Numel) and Tinted Lens (Lokix) also seem really stupid.

:hariyama: + :sneasler:
144/152/75/50/80/80
Sneasler (Hariyama) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Headlong Rush / Knock Off / Heavy Slam

You run Unaware or you lose the game gg. 80 base speed means even with an Adamant nature it hits 518 speed after a Belly Drum goes off which is pretty fucking dumb and is faster than neutral speed invested Regieleki. 152 attack at +6 should pretty much kill everything that isn't Unaware particularly since Fluffy is banned or maybe an Earth Eater Gholdengo...? Just run Knock for that gg. Its bulk actually mean it probably isn't that easy to setup but it isn't bad and behind screens it can't be that hard to get a Drum off. Even if this is banned frankly Chesnaught can just do the same thing, and a million other drummers or setup mons. Please ban Unburden, probably, I'm not really paying attention to whatever else is in this tier just the banlist.

Extra notes: Weather seems really fucking dumb when you don't have Primordial weathers around as common immunities. Tera also seems really fucking dumb with all the super drugged up breakers and setup mons you currently have, but maybe at this point emergency defensive Tera is the only way to cope against some of these breakers/sweepers (until the next one comes along)

Last edited:
Y'all are talking about Poison Heal and Regenerator and whatnot, but I think we're all forgetting about Intimidate:

:bw/cresselia: :landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
Stats: 120 / 106 / 132 / 101 / 140 / 107

Reliable recovery? Check. A BST that is over 700? Check. One of the best abilities in the game given to it? Hell yeah. If it sets up 6 Calm Minds, you are very much screwed, because this thing has unfathomable bulk + Intimidate just to push it in further. Tera Fairy and Moonblast gets rid of the pesky Dark-types that wall Stored Power sets like this. Does fall prey to wallbreakers of all kinds, but it is funny.

Screenshot_20230805-114718.jpg
this is a kilo fusion I made with pelliper this is the set I'm running with it

Pelipper (Kilowattrel) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Hurricane

it's a pretty good rain setter for mons like Walking Wake or Urshifu-Rapid-Strike(with any swift swim user mostly barraskewda) it's bst is a bit low but the high bp of it's moves hopefully can make up for that and the pivoting is really useful to get in the high power attackers like Urshifu-Water and Wake

edit:nvm urshifus banned now L now we use basculegion

Last edited:
:sm/mew: :glastrier:
Glastrier (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chilling Neigh
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Agility / Dragon Dance
NEW STATS: 100/136/132/116/127/107

Mew probably won't be an amazing receiver, but here's a set for it anyway.
This set aims to be a setup sweeper that can quickly snowball out of control if it isn't taken care of. Glastrier gives Mew a sizeable increase in its Attack (+36) and both of its defenses (+32 and +27, respectively), allowing it to sponge more hits and damage things better than base Mew can. Speaking of damaging things, Mew now has access to Chilling Neigh, allowing it to get a +1 boost to its Attack after KOing another Pokemon. Mew should set up an Agility as soon as it's safe to be able outspeed and KO the majority of things it comes across. Alternatively, Dragon Dance can be used to a similar effect, trading Agility's +2 boost to Speed for a +1 boost to both Attack and Speed, giving Mew more power to start with at the cost of being less likely to outspeed faster Pokemon without using a second turn to set up. Tera Fairy is used to both power up Play Rough, maximizing its damage to Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon, and to give Mew a generally better defensive profile, flipping its Dark and Bug-type weaknesses into resists.

More mediocre sets and descriptions from me coming Soon™.

Last edited:

Gimmicky

It ain't no pair of Air Jordans!
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Here is a spreadsheet with all of the currently legal Pokemon's base stats as well as the stats they donate. I chose not to round the donated stats down, to make it more visually apparent why each pokemon donates the stats it does. There's also pages ordering each stat from highest to lowest. If I forgot to add any pokemon or any illegal pokemon found it's way onto the list, dm me here and i'll fix it asap. NFEs are included simply to make it easier on myself.

council can add this to the resources if you choose

EDIT: HP isn't donated, that's fixed now. SPATK page was ordered incorrectly, also fixed. removed illegal mons

EDIT 2: Sheet fully completed with abilities and errors fixed!

Last edited:
Quick Theorymonning Round 2

:Umbreon:
Umbreon/Skeledirge
Unaware
95/83/135/87/148/81
With recovery in Wish or Moonlight and very strong bulk on both sides, Umbreon could be a strong pick for a defensive Unaware user who can hit back with Foul Play and use Thunder Wave to slow down opponents it can't touch like Volcarona and Valiant, although being unable to touch either of those hurts.

:Skeledirge:
Skeledirge/Diancie
Unaware
104/100/137/135/112/78
An alternative approach to an Unaware wall is beefing up Skeledirge with Diancie's stat buffs (+0/25/37/25/37/12). This deals better with Volcarona and special Valiant/Moth due to typing alone while having stronger physical bulk for Baxcalibur, although Roaring Moon, Kingambit and Dragapult could be an issue for this with Dark/Ghost STAB; This might even pair well with Umbreon assuming that running a donor itself on a team is legal.

:Landorus_Therian:
Landorus-Therian/Breloom
Poison Heal
89/177/110/120/95/108
Scorscorscorscorscor
Warning this is a horrible Gliscor LARP, maybe defensive SD could work but I'm doubtful in a meta with Bax looking so strong and with its defensive stats being comparable to or even worse than base Scor.

:Cresselia:
Cresselia/Garganacl
Purifying Salt
120/95/142/86/142/93
Purifying Salt gives Cresselia neutrality to Ghost moves, making it harder to revenge with these attacks even pre-Tera, and the status immunity prevents it from being hit by Toxic or Thunder Wave. Other good recipients of Purifying Salt are Steel types such as Heatran and Corviknight that appreciate being able to wall Pult's dual STAB.

:Maushold:
Maushold/Dragapult
Technician
74/105/88/90/93/146
By fusing with a strong, fast physical attacker, Maushold can throw off 300BP Population Bombs off a more reasonable attack stat. Roaring Moon provides a good midground fusion with 4 more Attack and 6 less Speed, while Glastrier lowers Maushold's speed to 118 with the trade off of 111 Attack and less revenge kill-able 74/102/102 bulk although that likely won't save it from 170+ offensive stats.

:Arcanine_Hisui:
Arcanine-Hisui/Lycanroc-Dusk
Tough Claws
95/144/96/108/96/117
What if instead of having Rock Head to nullify recoil damage, Arcanine-H had Tough Claws to boost its power? This mon will likely not stay on the field for more than 3 turns ever, whether that's from being forced out or from recoil.

:Sandy_Shocks:
Sandy Shocks/Pincurchin
Electric Surge
85/106/120/143/106/104
Pincurchin is a pretty horrible fusion stats-wise, but Electric Surge is an incredible ability paired with the Quark Drive pokemon available in this metagame and giving it to a pivot with good speed like Shocks is likely the best way to use it, since this also powers up Shocks' Thunderbolt and Shocks can fulfil other roles for a team with its access to hazards and ability to pivot with terrain-boosted Volt Switches.

:Corviknight:
Corviknight/Houndstone
Fluffy
98/112/130/65/109/84
Yeah this is definitely not a unique idea and I can imagine it being splashed on a ton of teams, Corv doesn't want to stay in on Fire attacks anyway and this hard walls so many physical mons that rely on contact to hit it like non-Fire Fang Roaring Moon.

Corviknight/Tauros-Paldea-Aqua
Intimidate
98/114/131/60/102/92
Alternatively... with Paldean Tauros you lose Fluffy in exchange for Intimidate not giving you a Fire weakness and also working on non-contact moves. Landorus-T can be used for more Attack and Gyarados for Sp.Def, but both come at the expense of some Defence.

:Moltres_Galar:
Moltres-Galar/Iron Moth
Quark Drive
90/102/105/135/152/117
Maybe a more niche pick on HO, Moth gives Moltres-G a much stronger Sp.Atk stat while sending its Sp.Def to 152 and giving it the opportunity to run Booster Energy for even more power. Berserk could also be viable on Boots/Weakness Policy sets.

:Iron_Valiant:
Iron Valiant/Sneasler
Unburden
74/162/105/130/80/146
Yeah no I can see Unburden being gone very quickly, put a terrain seed on this and everybody dies especially with Val having access to SD and Tera to prevent revenge killing by the one relevant form of priority it doesn't naturally resist (Espeed).

:Iron_Moth:
Iron Moth/Gardevoir
Trace
80/86/76/171/138/130
Similar concept to Mega Alakazam, very strong, decently fast and can take advantage of opposing abilities to trace offensive abilities like Overlord/Adaptability to power itself up, or defensive abilities like Regenerator and Intimidate to give itself switch-in opportunities. Also hard counters Swift Swim/Sand Rush/Surge Surfer if those become common.

:Enamorus_Therian:
Enamorus-Therian/Arboliva
Harvest
74/132/132/166/127/55
Might be more of a meme than a set but inspired by Tropius being a top tier annoying randbats mon, what if a much bulkier mon with defensive setup but no reliable recovery got Harvest? With Draining Kiss to recover health too, this could be unstoppable once it sets up aside from Trick/Unaware. Hatterene could be used instead to beat Unaware with Stored Power but misses out on a lot of bulk and Magic Bounce is too good to justify losing.

:Greninja:
Greninja/Toxtricity
Technician
72/119/84/131/88/140
Toxtricity gives Greninja a good Sp.Atk donation along with Technician, which, with Loaded Dice, boosts Water Shuriken to a 90-112.5BP priority move. This is more of a gimmick and may still be better with a directly boosting item over Dice, but has potential to clean up more specially-frail or water weak mons like Valiant and Moth.

Sets provided here, although again EV investments and coverage moves are better decided in a more developed metagame.

Breloom (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Pretty much Gliscor but good

Skeledirge (Muk) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Rest
- Stockpile

Opponents settin up on you, you can stall them now

Flareon (Squawkabilly-White) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Roost

fast facade clicker

Meloetta (Iron Jugulis) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tri Attack

strong flinch spam pokemon like old togekiss

Orthworm (Heatran) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

No weakness Heatran, better defense

Arboliva (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Starf Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Bitter Malice
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

pretty much free starf berry

Haven't seen someone posted a team yet so I decided to make a team dump. This tier is pretty similar to AAA so I just take some sets that I've used before. There are still some interesting sets in these teams that I want to share like Regen Pult. Don't no how good these teams are because I haven't tested any of them yet, especially some weird structure that I don't usually use like Sun, Rain or Stall but I think these teams are at least usable. (Repost because I was lazy last time)
:Great Tusk: :Gholdengo: :Walking Wake: :Dragapult: :kingambit: :cresselia:
:gholdengo: :Great Tusk: :Corviknight: :Dragapult: :Meloetta: :Scream Tail:
:Maushold: :Wo Chien: :Heatran: :Great Tusk: :Kingambit: :Gholdengo:
:Garchomp: :Scream Tail: :Corviknight: :Rotom-wash: :Iron valiant: :garganacl:
:Enamorus: :Moltres: :Dragonite: :Roaring Moon: :Cinderace: :Heatran:
:Polteageist: :Roaring Moon: :Iron Moth: :Dragapult: :Gholdengo: :Great Tusk:
:Zoroark-Hisui: :Noivern: :Corviknight: :Garchomp: :Great Tusk: :Gastrodon:
:Baxcalibur: :Quagsire: :Garchomp: :meloetta: :Iron Treads: :iron valiant:
:corviknight: :Walking wake: :zapdos: :kingambit: :palafin: :Garchomp:
:roaring moon: :heatran: :cinderace: :garchomp: :dragonite: :enamorus:
:cresselia: :Great Tusk: :scream tail: :quagsire: :corviknight: :muk-alola:
:garchomp: :scream tail: :gholdengo: :dragapult: :meloetta: :kingambit:

EDIT: Apparently I'm blind and can't see the banlist. Just edit out some banned sets.

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, with the first roomtour concluding it's time to get some stuff sorted out. Before we do that though;
The Frantic Fusions code is now fixed! Thank you to Instruct and Kris for their work!

Now, onto some things that were originally addressed during the approval stage of this OM, but I myself forgot to ban:
Terastallization, Stakeout, and Simple Numel are now banned from Frantic Fusions!
hidinzastraHiusi guyOrangexResult
TerastallizationBanAbstain*BanBanBAN 3-1-0
StakeoutBanAbstain*BanBanBAN 3-1-0
Simple NumelBanAbstain*BanBanBAN 3-1-0
*Note: zas was not online but the Terastallization, Stakeout, and Simple bans went through anyways, so he got marked down as Abstain.
- Terastallization makes this OM feel very much like a joke and it's not hard to understand why, being able to fuse Pokemon and have them come with all the game-warping elements Tera makes the tier very inconsistent. Not a hard ban to understand, so I won't talk much about it.
- Stakeout and Simple (Numel with Simple) are two abilities that were overlooked, and both are absolutely nuts. Don't think I have to divulge into much here either

Be sure to post teams, replays, and meta observations in this newly playable OM! We'll also be monitoring a lot of stuff, so stay tuned for some tiering action in the upcoming weeks!

Last edited:

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
alright after playing the meta on showdown surprise surprise regen cores are kinda impossible to kill and can make games go on for 200+ turns! really think the ability should be restricted to one mon per team if not just banned outright, having 2+ regen has never been healthy in any ability meta imo and this is no exception
I feel like this is more of a my first experience was really bad matchup instance. There are so many supercharged offensive Pokemon (tinted Valiant, literally any Kingambit set, literally any Baxcalibur set, etc.) in this tier that I don't think any day 1 team is gong to be anywhere near equipped to handle them all, especially not by stacking regen (an ability that's often worse when not paired with other things to supplement it like pheal, mbounce, intimidate, etc.). I'm not saying any of those offensive Pokemon needs to be banned either; we're just dealing with a completely different power level than something like AAA where the only thing changing is abilities and not stats, so I dunno if jumping the gun on one of the defensive tools to manage them is necessary until more testing has happened.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
With this finally playable I want to share my impressions on this very early meta:
:iron valiant:
I'm quite positive this thing is broken, between Lokix, Tauros and Brav-H fusions it can just kill stuff without any real switch in and quite high speed so revenge killing it isn't easy either.
:dragapult:
Is the second-fastest meta relevant mon after Electro-H, but is way stronger and has very few checks, you pretty much need Kingambit to deal with this thing and even then you must be wary of burns, would really like to see this thing go.
:palafin-hero:
Kind of a silly mon too, but not as much as is forced to use Z2H, CB just kills stuff if there is no water immunity in the other team and BU has an easy time setting up on anything thanks to decent bulk and forcing switches. But there may be enough checks to it yet to be discovered, is not as dumb as IV and pult.
:kingambit:
Very cool glue mon, it can be a bit dumb at times but nothing crazy so far, it has problems with corv and random fluffy mons while still being too dependent on sucker, so is fine for the most part.
:pelipper: :torkoal:
Weather seems quite strong and banning the rocks may be necessary, but still too early to tell, WW is dumb with either.

:chansey: :blissey: :ting lu:
These 3 mons are still banned and I think they could be freed, both Chansey and Blissey would be quite useless as the movepool nerfs this gen made them sitting ducks and Ting Lu would mostly be the same as it is in any other format but with more dificulties thanks to all the new Magic Bounce mons messing with it while not being a good check for the most of the top mons other than pult.

Gimmicky

It ain't no pair of Air Jordans!
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/dragapult: :tauros::braviary-hisui::basculegion-f::hatterene:basically anything else
Dragapult feels consistently restricting both in-play and in the builder, particularly as a base. Too fast, too strong, too diverse, it feels crushing to play around in most matchups. Very few Pokemon handle Dragapult, and the answers change wildly depending on the set. It's suffocating and unhealthy for the tier at large. This isn't getting into Dragapult as a donor serving to make threats like Palafin-H, Kingambit, and Barraskewda that much harder to deal with. Ban Dragapult.

:sv/iron-valiant: :tauros::flamigo::braviary-hisui::lokix:whatever again
Iron Valiant is also broken, it's too strong and too fast. Almost nothing in the tier reliably answers this without either a metric ton of RNG or digging in the depths of dubious viability. SFLO just kills things with few reliable answers either offensively or defensively. I'd like to see this go as well.

:sv/enamorus: im not gonna bother to put donors anymore i'm tired
Enamorus just feels like Valiant-Lite, and it feels similarly constrictive. Not having a STAB 120 BP physical move for SFLO sets is a big downgrade, but Enamorus also packs Earth Power, Mystical Fire, Play Rough, and Healing Wish for team support. Enam feels consistently hard to answer over the course of the game, and while it shouldn't be as high-priority as Valiant, I'd like to see this go too.

:sv/palafin-hero:
It's Palafin-Hero except it can viably get up to 22% more attack or up to 37% more speed, or significant bulk gains to make it even harder to revenge kill. Palafin isn't quite as restricting as the above 3, but it feels like too much for this metagame. I'd like to see it go eventually too, but I think giving it more time is better.

:slowking::alomomola::tornadus-therian: I've seen talk about banning Regenerator, and I have to say I strongly disagree at this stage of the metagame. Regenspam, in this early stage of the meta dominated by set-up and powerful mixed attackers, is very fishy and inconsistent-- it leads to 100+ turn games, yes, but more often leads to 10 turn games. Something being annoying to fight doesn't automatically mean it is banworthy. It's far too early in the meta to make such a stark decision. If Regen proves to be broken down the line then I will support action, but for now I'm strictly opposed to acting on it.

:breloom::braviary-hisui: I've also seen talk on implementing 1 or 2 Ability clause, and I staunchly disagree with either of these. A lot of the time, Ability clause is seen as a solution to Regenerator (and occasionally PH) spam, but an ability clause is not the right solution to nerf 1 ability. If one ability is broken, action should be taken on that ability, not on every ability in the game. If 1-2 abilities are broken when given to multiple Pokemon, then the problem is those specific abilities, not the fact that multiple Pokemon can receive the same ability.

I think ditto could be unbanned, the only real reason to ban it being imposter on something with high hp, and the 2 main abusers are already banned

I found this thread. 2 things as of first impressions:

1) This is literally Polymerization if it was in Pokemon (I love Yu-Gi-Oh! and as such this metagame)

2) There seems to be a lot of broken things. Like.. a lot. But that's expected from a tier such as this. I will play and hopefully enjoy this metagame

Can't really say much more. I'll play some games and post my thoughts in a few days (like 3 from now)

what I've played in this meta is that everything is too strong it reminds me of beginning gen 5 ou where they let deo-a shaymin sky and blaziken run around in the tier for a bit hopefully things like val pult enam and palafin get tested soon and when they get banned abilitys like regen and poison heal need restrictions somehow whether that be bans or 1 ability clause or whatever it's called

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/iron-valiant: :sv/palafin-hero:
Iron Valiant and Palafin are now banned from Frantic Fusions!
hidinHiusi guyOrangexzastraResult
DragapultBanDo Not BanBanDo Not BanNot Banned
Iron ValiantBanBanBanBanBanned
PalafinDo Not BanBanBanBanBanned
EnamorusBanDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not BanNot Banned
Poison HealDo Not BanBanDo Not BanDo Not BanNot Banned
RegeneratorDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not BanNot Banned

:iron-valiant: - Iron Valiant was quite the versatile, fast, and strong Pokemon; Rather it be SFLO sets, Tinted Lens + Swords Dance, or Scrappy sets, all were incredibly strong with no reliable answers. As such, it is now banned.
:palafin-hero: - Palafin was originally allowed due to a misconception that Zero to Hero reset Palafin-H's stats and left them as they usually are. However, this was false, and Palafin-H with additional stats on top of its already staggering strength made it leave a very unserious look on the metagame's look and balance. Because of that, Palafin is now banned.

:dragapult::enamorus::toxic-orb: (:slowking-galar: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: ) - All these Pokemon and abilities are definitely still on the watchlist for good reason; you can read Gimmickyasitgets post about it as since it goes into most of these elements in short, but good detail; also I do not want to make this a long read.

Challenge code has been updated, watchlist has been updated, and as always be sure to stay tuned to any future action!

I've been meaning to leave a comment or two here sooner, this meta is as fascinating as it is young. While I absolutely agree with everything on the watchlist, I do think that Roaring Moon should probably also be considered as an insanely strong (edit: watchlisted?) Pokemon in this meta.

:Roaring Moon: 105/139/71/55/101/119

(Edit: note that this Attack and Speed are higher than those of Iron Valiant! Obviously Val was a Special Attacker before it was banned, but this thing can move faster and hit harder if given the chance.)

Roaring Moon already has an incredible stat spread. It has high Attack and Speed, solid HP and Special Defense, and a low Special Attack it will never need to use. The closest things to "flaws" that it has are 1) its relatively low Defense, 2) a somewhat mediocre ability (relatively speaking) and 3) being quad-weak to Fairy. While we cannot change that final issue, we can definitely change the other two.

Here are a few examples of Pokemon that give Roaring Moon both a really good Defense buff and a solid ability to play with.

:Cloyster: + 0/23/45/21/11/17 - Useful Ability: Skill Link
Probably the weakest on this list, Skill Link has an interesting niche thanks to Moon's exclusive access to the move Scale Shot. Guaranteeing five hits and getting +1 Speed is always solid.

:Avalugg-Hisui: + 0/31/46/8/9/9 - Useful Ability: Strong Jaw
Moon never had a great Dark-type STAB move, relying on either Throat Chop or Crunch. Now, thanks to the boost from Strong Jaw, its Dark STAB hits a lot harder.

:Glastrier: + 0/36/32/16/27/7 - Useful Ability: Chilling Neigh
Huge Defenses and "Moxie"? On a Pokemon that can already sweep thanks to Dragon Dance? Sign me up!

Anyways these are a big three if you are just focusing on buffing that mediocre defense. Obviously it works well with other fast physical attackers. It has an insane Attack stat, and its high Speed stat puts it in a crazy good Speed tier for this meta. I may add more of the strong-looking offensive sets here too, but looking at just these three examples I see Roaring Moon as having potential to be a very dangerous sweeper if given the chance.

Edit: this thing also exists and it looks fun too.

:Kingambit: + 0/33/30/15/21/12 - Useful Ability: Supreme Overlord

Oh no Supreme Overlord can go onto anything that isn't Gambit. Honestly Moon is probably one of the best recipients thanks to its high Attack and Speed (both of which can be even better with Dragon Dance).

Last edited:
I've seen a couple libero/protean sets with dnite but lando t is amazing with it too with its respectable offensive stats.It gives a lot of momentum due to the offensive pressure it exerts. Grass knot is what allows it to break a couple of otherwise unbreakable walls. Heres the set im using:

cinderace (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Item could be hdb or life orb as well but i always like a fast uturner.
here are a couple calcs against some fat pheal users with brelooms spdef:
4 SpA Libero Landorus-Therian Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 420-494 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Libero Landorus-Therian Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Garganacl: 346-408 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Libero Landorus-Therian Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 445-525 (105.9 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

edge is for flying types and can somewhat threaten a chipped fluffy corv as it deals 35-40 to it and 51 - 60 on a crit with life orb

hidin

What a kind young man
:sv/blissey: :sv/chansey: :sv/ting-lu:
Blissey, Chansey, and Ting-Lu are unbanned!
1693276373327.png

:blissey: :chansey: :ting-lu: - With how offensive the metagame is at the moment and OMOTM looming around the corner, we have decided to free some defensive Pokemon to ease the braindead clicker problem. While Blissey and Chansey may look annoying when fused with Pokemon like Avalugg, keep in mind it still retains its common passivity and movepool problems. Ting-Lu on the other hand is bordering on the passive side, while also being a good tank. We've decided to free it as it felt pre-maturely banned, though will be watched compared to Blissey and Chansey. Most importantly, these Pokemon all check the metagame tyrant Dragapult which is also cool.

Challenge code has been updated, watchlist has been updated, and as always be sure to stay tuned to any future action!

We also have a new shiny banner made by IMakeNoSense; thank you so much for it!

Last edited:
I’ve seen no one talk about Diancie, So, i’ll take a gander at it
Diancie seems to have stats ripe for defense and trick room offense

1693327509423.png

First is Quagsire
50/121/171/116/166/58/682
Useful Abilities: Unaware and Water Absorb
Unaware Diancie is a showdown replay “omg so op” montage ready to happen.
With Diamond Storm, Body Press, Calm Mind, And Draining Kiss, this would be incredibly hard to break through with either Unaware (No Stat Boosts?) or Water Absorb (fuck rain teams).
TLDR: The funny mudfish gives funny defensive capabilities

Next is Hoopa Confined Form
50/127/165/137/182/67/716
Calm Mind Diancie will be ridiculous with these stat changes. Calm Mind, Earth Power, Draining Kiss, and Diamond Storm make her even tankier than before, so yeah.
TLDR: Your soul has been claimed by Shantae: Pokemon Fusions edition

Oh Boy, The Adaptable
50/123/167/125/168/69/702
Useful Abilities: Adaptability, Mold Breaker
It’s funny fish time. Calm Mind, Moonblast/Draining Kiss, Earth Power, And Power Gem
TLDR: The funny fish leads to funny moments

Another Pokemon I’ve seen not mentioned that much is Meloetta, so lets go over her.

1693331042680.png

Its the return of the funny fish.
100/100/94/153/146/109/702
Useful Abilities: Adaptability, Mold Breaker.
Meloetta already has cracked stats, but with Adaptability boosting Hyper Voice and Psychic/Psyshock to brutal levels of power, Meloetta is even more threatening. You can run Calm Mind, Choice Specs, Assault Vest, It Gets Rediculous
TLDR: sings with such force it can topple gods

Greninja time booooooiiiiiiiiiis
100/100/94/153/145/129/711
A blazing speed of 129, Choice Specs/Scarf with Protean is very funny, with and the buff to bulk is worth it.
TLDR: the singer is also a ninja

Greninja Time my boys
1693333481632.png

Dragapult is a a good fusion
72/125/85/133/88/157/656
Greninja with 157 Speed makes him incredibly fast, with 125 Attack and 133 Special Attack, you can run Special Battle Bond, Banded, Specs, Scarfed, Swords Dance, etc. run it as you wish.
TLDR: NinjaPult is very funny and versatile

Basculegions Male Variant is here
72/123/84/128/89/141/632
Useful Abilities: Adaptability/Mold Breaker
This fusion can be run pretty much any offensive way.

Female Basculegion time
72/118/84/133/89/141/632
Like male but more special attack inclined

TLDR: The funny ghost fishes allows a lot of stuff with greninja
Also, I wish ash greninja was back.

Volcarona time my dudes
1693335113427.png

Basculegion-F
85/83/83/160/123/119/652
A powerful quiver dance user that is disgusting after just 1 quiver dance. Use Adaptability for even more power or mold breaker to break through Heatran.
TLDR: Haha quiver dance go brrrrrr

The pure gen 5 fusion
85/79/84/167/137/122/674
Useful Abilities: Serene Grace
Game plan: Quiver dance 1 or 2 times, click Fiery Dance, Air Slash, and your choice of coverage move.
TLDR: this dance sets the stage ablaze

Last edited:
Here's something I think will end up being broken.

:sv/maushold-four:
Basculegion (Maushold-Four) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Tidy Up
- Low Kick
- Crunch

New Stats (hope I calced right): 104/103/86/85/93/130

With the attack boost and a tidy up or two Population Bomb should annihilate just about any neutral target and even give resists a hard time. Low Kick is for steels, crunch for fightings, and tidy up to boost damage and take advantage of its new speed stat. Tera Normal is just bc I didn't know what else to put, you could play around with it to hit whatever threats become relevant once the meta develops.

Edit: The whole point of using basc was for adapt but since technician is better anyway you're better off using something stronger and faster like bax.
Crunch for ghosts, right? Also, bite is better

what I've played in this meta is that everything is too strong it reminds me of beginning gen 5 ou where they let deo-a shaymin sky and blaziken run around in the tier for a bit hopefully things like val pult enam and palafin get tested soon and when they get banned abilitys like regen and poison heal need restrictions somehow whether that be bans or 1 ability clause or whatever it's called
Don’t forget, darkrai was also running around gen 5 ou. And blaziken only got after hidden abilities were released

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)