First XY LC Smogcast!

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
what are the first threats / team archetypes you prepare for when building an lc team in XY?

What do you think is the best playstyle in the current metagame?
With the Knock Off buff crippling bulky attackers and walls, as well as the majority of the unbanned and new Pokemon being offensive, do you think it's possible to have all threats reliably checked and/or countered in a team?
Do you think a metagame centered around taking hits and dishing them back with Bulky Offense or one centered around a more give and take strategy will emerge in XY LC?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone,

After some deliberation, I have decided on the panel for next week's Smogcast. As a reminder, it will take place next Monday, December 23. Time is still TBD, and panelists are encouraged to contact me to let me know what time works best for them.

The panel will be:
Ray Jay
blarajan (hopefully accompanied in person by Elevator Music)
macle
prem
Treecko

You'll notice I went with a bit larger panel this time because it is our first XY Little Cup Cast, so I want to make sure a variety of viewpoints and people from our community our included. Thanks to all who applied!

The topics we will discuss will be as follows:
-The XY Metagame: How would you characterize it, what's different from BW2, and what works the best?
-Why are some unbanned Pokemon not completely broken? Which ones are subjectively broken?
-Berry Juice, Knock Off, and other items and the metagame
-Hype Corner

Get pumped!

Ray Jay

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A quick update:
Smogcast will be taking place, so long as the involved parties are still available, at...
1 PM EST on Monday, December 23!!

Will it be uploaded to youtube? Since im afraid i cant watch it then.

Also mentally preparing for Macle's face.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So that podcast was actually super entertaining. Not only was it informative, but it was also interesting to hear general thoughts on how the game is right now. You guys were also really enjoyable to listen to because you were all able to get your points across without being condescending dbags, and you're all funny! These podcasts are going to be super-healthy for the community, because they show off how friendly we can be. I can't wait for the next one, guys. Great job!

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
everything Camden said plus i have to rewatch it since i missed a good 45 minutes of it cause of fucking work

but everything i saw, i loved.

(im still semi hype)

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I liked it, thanks for the mention haha.

So what I learned today is:
- Apparently a lot of egg move illegalities got cleared up via Gen 6 breeding mechanics, where egg moves pass down from both parents, so now you can get things like Magby with Belly Drum + Mach Punch. Something I should have learned a lot earlier but oh well.
- And supposedly, you can get Pomeg Glitch Porygon moves + Download ability via Ability Capsule, assuming Pokebank doesn't prevent Pomeg Glitch Pokemon from transferring to gen 6.
- Also Tangela, out of sun, with enough def/spd evs to survive things it really shouldn't is just ridiculous (like Yanma Bug Buzz). That and Yanma Hypnosis Compoundeyes, but that's something most of us already knew as well.
- And Treecko has some damn big eyes.

Ray Jay

Absolutely! Let us know if there's anything we can do better in the future.

Sorry for any side conversations Elevator Music and I might have had. We had never met up before / done a cast with someone next to us before!

You guys were all pretty funny and worth paying attention to. Only part I got lost in was during the SPL talk but that was because lots of names and teams being talked about while I'm just sitting here not knowing cuz I'm a scrub. You guys seemed pretty hyped, and not at any point did you guys just all go silent for too long and thus let it get awkward. I'm glad you guys did this, would definitely keep my eyes out for another one if you do one.

Was very fun to watch. Sad I didn't see it live! I really like the discussion and it inspired me to build a team right after. Time to play more XY LC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)