First XY LC Smogcast!

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone!

So we're in the process of scheduling the first Smogcast. Before we finalize all of our plans, however, we need both PARTICIPANTS and THINGS TO DISCUSS!

Right now, we are tentatively looking at Monday, December 23. This is subject to change however!

If you'd like to be a panelist on our first Smogcast, please pm me the following application within the next couple of weeks:

Smogon username:
Time Zone:
Availability on 12/23:
Why should you be a panelist (few sentences):

Other than that, please use this thread to 1.) hype hype hype and 2.) post questions that you would like us to discuss during the Smogcast regarding the metagame, teambuilding, how prem is such a mediocre user despite years of his best efforts, or anything else you can think of! Thanks!

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What will be the major differences between BW2 Little Cup and XY Little Cup?
Which newly released Pokemon do you see being large threats in the new metagame?
Are there any old Pokemon that have fallen from grace in the generation shift and, if so, why?

How about discussing the newly discovered potential in Goldeen? What unbanned mons seem to longer be completely broken?

Last edited:
Favorite LC mon and why is it your favorite even though it won't ever compare to my main mon Anorith. MANorith. Or Munchlax, they're both a+

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
How about discussing the newly discovered potential in Goldeen? What unbanned mons seem to longer be completely broken?

will post a few more later
I demand credits.
And i think something worth discussing (and kinda obvious) is how fairy types will affect the meta: Threats like mienfoo and fighting types in general got new counters, and swirlx is a threatening sweeper nowadays.
Another point, or move, to discuss is defog: with defog you clear hazards from both side of the field, so, did hazards died? As users who run defog cant run hazards themselves, it could be said that its pointless to run hazards at all :<
Will add more as i think of it.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so lets discuss why half of us think berry juice is fair and how half of uss do not.
lets have a hype corner where we all hype our favorite mon
lets discuss why some important mons like porygon and missy have fell off (honestly wtfuck has this happened)
lets discuss how we got into spl and how blarajan is not our overlord even with that impressive feat
lets discuss "fuck we have to make so many teams :("

also lets talk about knock off thats a cool move

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you could discuss priority and why its so important in the tier
or you could discuss sun teams that are appearing a lot now thanks to vulpix

What would happen to entry hazards if Staryu cannot be passed over pokebank due to needing Pomeg Glitch to gain moves?
Staryu is the best rapid spinner available and if that should be illegal we would be forced to run defog Vullby and Gligar, or Rapid Spin Drilbur which isnt the safest spinner as it can be used as setup bait

i think berry juice woud be a good topic and i think like a good topic would be to pick a random lc Pokemon and talk about it

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Why do you believe people that have not tried Little Cup in the past should try it in this Generation, if you think they should?

What is your opinion on the viability of teams like Baton Pass and Trick Room this Generation?

I also think you should talk a little about team building in 6th Gen Little Cup (How it differs from 5th gen, interesting team ideas you've had, etc)

Delver

I got the runs like Jagger
I would like a berry juice debate. I think its one of, if not the only, major divide in people's opinions on the metagame.

Weather is something else I think should be discussed: Is it worth it? How and why. Sun's been getting a lot of love, but sand still has drilbur; and hail only got another setter, so everythings seen some buffs despite the general nerf. Also Manual weather (specifically rain) viable now that permaweather is no longer a thing?

Other then that i think its all been mentioned. I like prem's ideas.

Knock off/ berry juice obv.

Why was sneasel broken ( most of us know, but for those who don't)

Are the previosly banned mons (gligar tite yanma tangela vanha) still banworthy, and if not, what makes them not broken? What are the main changes from gen V to gen VI that made these mons balanced?

Most overhyped and most underrated mon in xy lc?

Which playstyles will fall, and which will rise?

Favorite offensive and defensive cores?

How viable is Sticky Web, and what are good abusers?

Defog+hazards discussion

PAWN

Is Inkay's cuteness level infinite?

Thats all i think. Typed on phone so bad punctuation and typos srry

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Why do people want Berry Juice to go seriously???????

Why is Pawniard S tier threat now? (It is no argument)

Why unbanned mons should not be banned unless named Tangela?
EDIT: Why are people advocating band and specs when clearly bad items?

Last edited:
Why is blara so white despite being so brown?

Bunnelby

All I've been seeing is offense (and it's all I've been using). Is there any one thing making the metagame so offensive, or is it a combined effort of many Pokemon?

Most underrated new Pokemon?

Why is this meta so much better than BW?

Why are people advocating the use of Choice Specs/Band?

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What was the most overhyped yet underwhelming new Pokémon?

If you could quickban whatever you wanted right now, what things would you choose?

On an unrelated note, I'm looking forward to Berry Juice discussion more than anything. Gonna be hella interesting.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I think it should be stressed how a large part of the community thinks Berry Juice is only broken when used in conjunction with certain abilities. I also feel this way. It needs to be noted that this is the real divide in feelings about this item.

Berry Juice = not broken
Berry Juice w/Sturdy = definitely broken
Berry Juice w/Unburden = not as bad as Sturdy but still somewhat broken

Whether Berry Juice w/Recycle should be banned
How LC compares to OU (as in, is bulky offence king? Is defog a bigger or smaller concern? etc.)
Eviolite vs. Berry Juice

Whether Berry Juice w/Recycle should be banned
How LC compares to OU (as in, is bulky offence king? Is defog a bigger or smaller concern? etc.)
Eviolite vs. Berry Juice
On that note, a discussion of key mechanic changes between LC and higher tiers as well as differences in the state of the LC metagame and XY OU (why LC is better than OU)

Pokémon Online has banned Tangela and Berry Juice (in addition to Scyther, Sneasel, SonicBoom, and Dragon Rage). Do you think that Smogon will follow suit?

(For what it's worth, their OU banlist is identical to ours, except they also banned the Kangaskhanite.)

-Which Swirlix set is better - CM or Belly Drum?

-How has the rise of Knock Off affected what items and Pokemon people run?

Also, definitely looking forward to the Berry Juice discussion. Should be very interesting.

Are there any items introduced this gen that could be useful in XY LC?
If so, which pokemon make the best use of these items?
Weakness Policy, Safety Goggles, Pixie Plate, and Roseli Berry are some ideas for discussion. (Roseli Berry Scraggy?)

Why do people always let me get two kills with Aron?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What is the cutest mon in LC right now?

Are there any mons that were shit in previous gens that are cool now?

The reverse, which pokemon that were previously good have fallen from grace?

Why is specs Taillow even being considered as a thing to use?

Who utilizes sturdy smash the best?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
General Specs/Band discussion imo. They have been considered bad in LC for so long and suddenly Briyella has popularised them and everyone seems to be changing their minds. Are they really worth using?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)