Fifth Gen Wi-Fi HEAVY STALL

I'll edit the OP when the changes are finalized.

I have made the following edits to the team:

a) I changed Clefable to the Rankurusu set I stated.
b) I changed Tyranitar's Fire Punch to Fire Blast.
c) I changed Tentacruel's Sludge Bomb to HP Electric.

I refuse to change my Hippowdon set for the following reasons:
a) With the special defense investment, Hippowdon is able to take on the majority of special attackers, except for anyone using Grass Knot. I don't keep it in on those. It can take almost all other special attacks though with its HP stat and slack off.
b) Hippowdon needs to be slow. With Politoed/Ninetails, I need to keep Hippowdon as slow as humanely possible so I can get weather out with precedence. This is significantly more important than a Wobbuffet, who I have never seen. I think all I'd outspeed is a 0 Speed EVs/IVs/-Speed Nature/Iron Ball Politoed, but who does that? (I haven't done any calculations, so I don't know).

Does anyone have any more suggestions outside of the Hippo that I should incorporate?
Hippowdon has been discussed multiple times and I refuse to change him. He's my MVP and is incredibly useful as is.

Um im not much of a team rater, but i see a cheer up speed boost blaziken easily crack big holes on this team along with SD techniloom

I don't see Blaziken getting through Hippowdon, Burungeru and Tentacruel any time soon. Plus it's not going to like sandstorm, residue and recoil piling up. He has to play around a bit with Breloom, but it should be manageable with Skarmory.

This team doesn't look like it needs many more changes. If you want, you can try Reflect over Calm Mind on Rankurusu if you're still having trouble tanking physical fighters. Light Screen is another option for the special side.

Hey, quick thing. You said you couldn't settle on a ghost type, so my suggestion is to replace both your ghost and late-gamer.
Burungeru->Barujina
Tyranitar->Goruguu

Barujina@Leftovers
Dust-Proof, Calm
252 Hp, 4 Def, 252 SpD
-Toxic
-Roost
-Substitute
-Dark Pulse/Whirlwind

This set is very, very bulky on the special side, and ive heard stories of it switching into physical pokes, taking a stone edge, and phazing them out. With ToxicSubRoost, he makes an excellent addition to any stall team, especially with Dust-Proof allowing him to retain Lefties recovery

Goruguu@Leftovers/Muscle Band
Iron Fist, Adamant
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Reaches a speed of 458 after a RP, and has access to EdgeQuake coverage, getting STAB on the quake. Not only this, but Shadow Punch gets an extra 12 BP from Iron Fist and hits any foe hoping to use Sand Veil to their advantage. It takes a turn to setup, but has better Attack and Speed than Scarftar, as well as the ability to switch between moves. Life Orb is not recommended due to it needing to block spins

Hmm. While Barujina has had multiple problems for me on my non stall team, I'm rather disinclined to use it. With Skarmory, that makes four electric weaknesses on the team. Likewise, Goruguu doesn't have any form of recovery. They sound like a nice duo so I'll test them out, but at the moment I'm favoring my Buru/TTar for: Recovery/Better typing(Buru) and Pursuit/Second Sandstream/No Setup (TTar). Thanks though! I will try it out. Always open for suggestions. But I do agree with Rem. Blaziken has not once been a problem for me, and Breloom isn't that difficult. I can phaze it out, switch to Skarm, and BB it. I just let Tentacruel sleep.

/bumpity bump. I know a lot of people have looked over this team, but I really want more opinions and ideas. I want to make this the best stall team it can be.

i suggest evo stone clefairy, you can use the exact same set but withe benefits of evo stone, or use my set clefairy@evo stone careful nature 80 hp/8 atk/248 def/178spD -cosmic power -softboiled -double edge/encore -toxic/meteor mash/seismic toss wonderful 300+ def and spD right away and cosmic power to unfair levels, you can keep te encore support but i would opt for meteor mash as you can touch gengar then, double edge gives you 120 base stab with no recoil as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)