Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar

Matcha team, the move is so silly so I tried a setup set to fully abuse it boosted by rilla. slapped 4 brokens with it, chiyu can also boost more healing for it. double fo to set tr more consistently. not sure how good Sinistcha is cuz the stats arent amazing, prob t3 but the team is very fun.

:Sinistcha-Masterpiece: :Rillaboom: :Ursaluna: :Flutter Mane: :Chi-Yu: :Iron Hands:

Last edited by a moderator:
:Ninetales-Alola::Landorus-Therian::Heatran::Ogerpon-Hearthflame::Flutter Mane::Farigiraf:
https://pokepast.es/21947a606b30b78c
this a completley original team i cooked up (might suck but i think it is good) i am currently at 1550 on the ladder with it (this is the highest placement i ever got anywhere as i haven‘t been playing this game for too long) the basic concept is a kind of bulky offence that has no real form of speed contoll and only mid speed on everythig exept ogerpon and flutter it makes up for that with vail preventing kos on your mons due to the really good bulk present here you also have an insane answer to physikal and special threats in av heatran (wich is just fucking op with terra grass) and defencive lando who rounds out the defensive core.
so lets talk about the heart and soul of the team first Ninetails

this Mon is just plain broken
it lives a heavy slam from iron hands wich still is 4x effective after vail and an intimidate and lando can 2hko back with stomping tantrum also heatran is a good answer threatening with EP and resisting the slam even a non terra grass won‘t die to a drain punch and if you terra you can live a lot more (all of this is dependent on vail but brick break users are still rare) also encore is the best move no i will not talk any more leave me alone the amount of awkward spots you can put defencive mons setupers dual screens you see a grimmsnarl and you can encore into using a screen when you are not immedietley threatend

best looking mon (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Lando fucks this guy is so bulky behind vail does a lot of dmg and has tones of utility in taunt shutting down defensive mons if one stays in encored using a status move you can taunt to make them struggle if it is like moonlight on cress wich isn‘t bad but yea this and heatran is the main other lead (you always want to lead ninetails it is just that good) lando 4x weak to ice heatran 4x resist ice just really good heatran 4x weak to ground lando immune to ground just things like that you can change the item because i don‘t have any problems with amongus because it is just not common but i don‘t see any item doing something exept situs berry and lefties

i hate this (Landorus-Therian) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 64 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum
- U-turn
- Taunt

heatran is also one of the best mons you have it deals crazy dmg it can take any hit can kill other heatran with EP can kill the ogerpons can kill trick room torcoal due to fire immunity is slow when trick room goes up this is almost always the thing i keep my terra for i know ogerpon is stron of terrad but my team doesn‘t need the insane power it can kill most teams without it and terra grass heatran is just so fucking good

goobtrain (Heatran) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast
- Earth Power

ogerpon is just good i mean you know what it does you know how it works spped is good power is better this is just good lives hits with vail cleans up teams same as flutter flutter and ogerpon don‘t really do anything special they don‘t counter anything the only thing they do is clean up hyper offence after the tailwind setter dies

add a r (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Spiky Shield
- Swords Dance

flutter does the same thing just a standart live orb set max speed no bulk is ofc still bulky because of vail oh kos flutter with no bulk +spa nature i don‘t like speed ties and heatran checks enemy speed bosster energy flutter anyways but you know if you are faster by the booster type anyway

all out atacking (Flutter Mane) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

farigeraf does what it does best prevent priority imprison trick room set up trick room against tailwind teams this mon is the reason why you can get away with running mid speed on everything more so investing in bulk and you still have one of the fastes mons in flutter in the back if tailwind is not up its just increadibly good also blocking prankster taunt this thing is so fucking good i love it

funny long (Farigiraf) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Normal
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Imprison
- Hyper Voice

Last edited:
:Ninetales-Alola::Landorus-Therian::Heatran::Ogerpon-Hearthflame::Flutter Mane::Farigiraf:
https://pokepast.es/21947a606b30b78c
this a completley original team i cooked up (might suck but i think it is good) i am currently at 1550 on the ladder with it (this is the highest placement i ever got anywhere as i haven‘t been playing this game for too long) the basic concept is a kind of bulky offence that has no real form of speed contoll and only mid speed on everythig exept ogerpon and flutter it makes up for that with vail preventing kos on your mons due to the really good bulk present here you also have an insane answer to physikal and special threats in av heatran (wich is just fucking op with terra grass) and defencive lando who rounds out the defensive core.
so lets talk about the heart and soul of the team first Ninetails

this Mon is just plain broken
it lives a heavy slam from iron hands wich still is 4x effective after vail and an intimidate and lando can 2hko back with stomping tantrum also heatran is a good answer threatening with EP and resisting the slam even a non terra grass won‘t die to a drain punch and if you terra you can live a lot more (all of this is dependent on vail but brick break users are still rare) also encore is the best move no i will not talk any more leave me alone the amount of awkward spots you can put defencive mons setupers dual screens you see a grimmsnarl and you can encore into using a screen when you are not immedietley threatend

best looking mon (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Lando fucks this guy is so bulky behind vail does a lot of dmg and has tones of utility in taunt shutting down defensive mons if one stays in encored using a status move you can taunt to make them struggle if it is like moonlight on cress wich isn‘t bad but yea this and heatran is the main other lead (you always want to lead ninetails it is just that good) lando 4x weak to ice heatran 4x resist ice just really good heatran 4x weak to ground lando immune to ground just things like that you can change the item because i don‘t have any problems with amongus because it is just not common but i don‘t see any item doing something exept situs berry and lefties

i hate this (Landorus-Therian) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 64 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum
- U-turn
- Taunt

heatran is also one of the best mons you have it deals crazy dmg it can take any hit can kill other heatran with EP can kill the ogerpons can kill trick room torcoal due to fire immunity is slow when trick room goes up this is almost always the thing i keep my terra for i know ogerpon is stron of terrad but my team doesn‘t need the insane power it can kill most teams without it and terra grass heatran is just so fucking good

goobtrain (Heatran) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast
- Earth Power

ogerpon is just good i mean you know what it does you know how it works spped is good power is better this is just good lives hits with vail cleans up teams same as flutter flutter and ogerpon don‘t really do anything special they don‘t counter anything the only thing they do is clean up hyper offence after the tailwind setter dies

add a r (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Spiky Shield
- Swords Dance

flutter does the same thing just a standart live orb set max speed no bulk is ofc still bulky because of vail oh kos flutter with no bulk +spa nature i don‘t like speed ties and heatran checks enemy speed bosster energy flutter anyways but you know if you are faster by the booster type anyway

all out atacking (Flutter Mane) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

farigeraf does what it does best prevent priority imprison trick room set up trick room against tailwind teams this mon is the reason why you can get away with running mid speed on everything more so investing in bulk and you still have one of the fastes mons in flutter in the back if tailwind is not up its just increadibly good also blocking prankster taunt this thing is so fucking good i love it

funny long (Farigiraf) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Armor Tail
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Imprison
- Hyper Voice
This team is great, already tired it and had a lot of fun with it. I'm gonna be honest though I had to change the names.

Do you love Flutter-Yu? Then you will LOVE this team!

:Flutter_Mane: :Chi-Yu: :Landorus: :Volbeat: :Rillaboom: :Iron_Hands:

Have you ever said to yourself, "I like Flutter-Yu, but it just doesn't do enough damage"?

Well, with :Volbeat:'s Meta-Be-Gone, you won't be saying that much longer! With Meta-Be-Gone, the meta disappears within one click! It's just that easy!

:Volbeat: is not responsible for any physical or psychological harm that Meta-Be-Gone could cause. Side-effects of Meta-Be-Gone includes blindness, 3rd-degree burns, rage quitting, broken keyboards and monitors, and irrational fear of fruity ghosts and / or rock-melting fish.

Crack Bass + Cocaine Bear

1696040989032.png
1696041003614.png
1696041044830.png
1696041068145.png
1696041079650.png
1696041086971.png

https://pokepast.es/aa2ec79deba34272

It's a been a while since I last posted. This team is a simple fullroom team with Basculegion cleaning up what's left (outside of Trick Room). You got Fake Out and redirection to setup Trick Room. You also got Ally Switch to help OHKO opposing mons. Drain Punch, Pollen Puff and Lunar Blessing all help out with regaining HP. Play Rough Diancie is not too bad; it puts a decent dent on opposing Iron Hands. Other things to note is that Iron Hands has 4 Spe to purposely outspeed opposing Iron Hands.​

I got the triple crown! Rank 1 on DOU, DUBERS, and DUU at the same time.
Here is the DOU team, ft. a funny little guy
:jigglypuff::diancie::moltres-galar::iron-hands::flutter-mane::landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/dbc681998eb7add1

Jigglypuff is neat so I'll talk about it. It is not very good, and it is mostly outclassed by Clefairy who has access to Follow Me and is a smidge bulkier, but it still has a couple of """good""" qualities I was able to make use of that differentiate it from Clefairy. First, no one knows what Jigglypuff does, which is good because if they did it then it really would be unplayable. It's base speed is important. At 20, Jigglypuff ties with Torkoal (so I'm slower at level 99). That low speed also means that even with base 45 attack, no investment, and no STAB bonus, Gyro Ball is still a clean 2HKO on most Flutter Mane and almost always a 2HKO on the bulky dex Flutter (same as the one I'm using). Underspeeding Torkoal in Trick Room is not enough however, Jiggly actually has to do something given that it's moving first. I opted for Light Screen but Chilling Water is an option as well, and one which is a little more friendly to Diancie if you want to side target to activate weakness policy (I never actually did this with Gyro Ball). To justify using Jiggly, you also need to run Charm or Encore to neutralize Iron Hands & Ursaluna. I'm running Charm here but Encore is good, I've used both. One other thing that Jigglypuff gets over Clefairy is Disable, if you wanted to use a Disable + Encore set, although that probably wouldn’t work for this team. It also gets Perish Song...
Aside from some more speed tier stuff, the other main draw to Jiggly over Clefairy is it's normal typing which makes it immune to Flutter Shadow Ball and Basculegion Last Respects. The latter is more relevant because the two fish Pokémon are more likely to want to choice-lock into their broken ghost move. Jigglypuff won't actually be able to KO Basculegion with all of its Gyro Ball PP, but Basculegoin will lose when it has to struggle so technically you win the 1v1 endgame if you need to.
Some team stuff: EVs for most of these guys are slider except for Flutter Mane. Landorus shouldn't be Lum Berry but he kept getting burned by Heat Waves and I lost a game because of Wisp Heatran so I didn't want that again. If you have a better item go for it (Sitrus Berry is good), but I will insist that Taunt is the best move there. People will send in their Amoonguss/other Taunt bait Pokemon and just hand you games.

edit: I thought chilling water lowered spatk lol, it lowers attack... not a good option against Torkoal after all, rain dance could be neat!
Threats: :gholdengo::okidogi:(bulk up):gastrodon:(yawn)

proof:

Total ELO: 5,369. Anyways, I'm out for a little while. Good luck with the fish ban and everything.

Last edited:

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
I Relearned SV for Doubles World Cup: Team Dump + Thoughts

Hi! I stopped playing Pokemon for a while due to burnout but decided to relearn SV DOU for Doubles World Cup so I could help my teammates with testing and building. This post won't be as long as my previous DWC team dump because I do not have the mental stamina to write that much in short periods of time anymore and I don't have that much to say anyway

General Metagame Thoughts

I'll preface everything I'm about to say by saying I think SV DOU is very fun. The new Pokémon added this generation create really fun teambuilding options, and teambuilding for SV is probably the most fun I've ever had playing Pokemon because of the amount of viable options and tera allowing you to have decent lines into otherwise. A lot of the new pokemon have really interesting gimmicks (Sinistcha, Basculegion-F) or deep movepools (Ogerpon) that make them really fun to build with and find novel applications for.

As for tera, it's not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be going into this. This is probably mostly because all of the games I played were essentially OTS because I could see my opponent's team most of the time and they could see mine, but most tera related losses felt like my fault from the games I played. Tera does let you flip matchups against some things, but also makes it harder to deal with other threats on your opponent's team if you use it poorly, which balances it pretty nicely imo. I still want OTS or at least open tera because it is literally strictly beneficial and doesn't remove any of what makes tera unique and fun to play/build around, but even without open tera its a small enough problem that I'm willing to tolerate it.

:flutter mane:
This thing 1000% needed to go. It doesn't feel as oppressive to play against in practice, but that's only because it warps the entire metagame into needing to run the same 5 Pokémon on every team to have a good matchup into it. Flutter Mane itself is not unbeatable by any means and has a good amount of counterplay, but having to fit said counterplay on literally every team makes teambuilding feel really stale and a lot less fun.

:ogerpon-hearthflame:
This thing is in the same vein as flutter where a mon this offensive being at the top of the meta makes teambuilding feel really stale because of needing to run defensive counterplay to it on every team, but Ogerpon-Hearthflame almost feels more unbalanced to play against than Flutter Mane does. It's deep movepool gives it counterplay options to so many things it has no business checking, and its surprisingly high bulk in relation to its speed and damage output allows it to threaten supportive Follow Me and Encore utility against more passive strategies while maintaining its high damage output. Unlike flutter where you can slap some priority moves + a fairy resist or two on a team and be mostly fine into it, Ogerpon-Hearthflame has the tools to navigate a lot of its worst matchups, and even when it can't it can just play as a Follow Me support for its teammates that cover its weaknesses. I feel like it limits teambuilding a lot less than Flutter Mane does, resists to its stabs feel a little easier to find than fairy/ghost resists for flutter where most mons that resist one of fairy or ghost are weak to the other. A lot of the things you want to use to deal with Flutter (Heatran, Volcanion, random Tera Fire mons) are also good into hflame, so it doesn't feel as annoying in the builder as it seems on paper Still definitely want this suspected in the future ideally but am willing to tolerate it for now as I think flutter is a bigger problem.

:iron hands:
Is kinda stupid but it a necessary evil as a glue mon to keep other things in check. I definitely don't love hands being in the tier, its ability to statcheck basically everything in the tier and SD + Drain Punch its way through 90% of mons in the tier through sheer brute force is probably not the healthiest thing ever long term, but I don't think you could ban it without having to ban other stuff like Kingambit. Probably should go eventually but flutter and hflame are much bigger concerns.

Teams

I didn't play this year because of my lack of SV experience but I did help with teambuilding and making teams for our players to test against to make sure the teams we brought were solid into popular archetypes. I didn't play as many test games as I would have liked because of being busy with other stuff most of the time, but some of the teams I built were pretty cool imo

:diancie: :rillaboom: :flutter mane: :volcanion: :landorus-therian: :kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/d697d8b19596a7d9

First team I built to mess around with on ladder to understand the tier more. The idea is just diancie/volc/rillaboom are a solid trick room core thats worked for 3 gens and kingambit works almost similarly to Lurantis in gen 8 in the sense that it acts as a strong physical atttacker that has good priority options to click outside of Trick Room while deterring Intimidate. Flutter and Landorus-T give the team immediate speed to work with outside of Trick Room.

:iron hands: :tornadus: :chien pao: :ogerpon-wellspring: :rillaboom: :basculegion-f:
https://pokepast.es/0ac9573aa204af6e

Rain! I'm actually really proud of this team, it feels fun to use and all of the pieces flow together really well. Priority + SD Hands is nice into bulkier teams and against faster teams SD Ogerpon + Basc-F works really well. Its 5 physical attackers + torn though, so Landorus/random Will-O-Wisp can be annoying

:iron bundle: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :iron hands: :amoonguss: :flutter mane:
https://pokepast.es/f91b03c77434e1ab

Bundletran fun. Iron Hands is broken and can SD + Drain Punch through most things with brute force because it statchecks everything, and all of its poor matchups are covered by the fast mode with Iron Bundle + Flutter. The Tornadus matchup is a little annoying but its playable enough.

:iron bundle: :heatran: :landorus therian: :kommo-o: :flutter mane: :sinistcha:
https://pokepast.es/0d5be7e7f5342de3

Alternate Bundletran with Kommo-o. Eject Button Sinistcha + Landorus-T is really strong sustain for Kommo-o and Trick Room Sinistcha is nice into faster teams.

:chi yu: :rillaboom: :landorus therian: :flutter mane: :iron hands: :roaring moon:
https://pokepast.es/b4f968bbd7c1473a

Nasty Plot Chi-Yu does pretty insane damage and also acts as a support for Focus Sash Flutter Mane allowing it to do better damage in endgames. Imprison Flutter helps with opposing flutter and is probably needed because of the lack of a Fairy resist. the Chi-Yu EVs let it live Jolly Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel and two Kingambit Sucker Punches without Grassy Seed and two Defiant boosted Sucker Punches with Grassy Seed. The Special Attack allows +2 Flamethrower the OHKO max HP Flutter Mane with the remaining EVs going towards speedcreeping neutral base 100s and Special Defense.

:gholdengo: :ogerpon wellspring: :rillaboom: :diancie: :volcanion: :landorus therian:
https://pokepast.es/a77dc9c4120aeee2

Gholdengo and Diancie cover each other's weaknesses really nicely (Diancie deals with Fire-types and Flutter, Gholdengo hard ignores Amoonguss for free setup turns) and Rillaboom + Wellspring give you a double glide core for priority outside of Trick Room. Landorus provides immediate speed and damage and Volcanion has random Will-O-Wisp for Kingambit. Alternatively Volcanion can be AV Tera Fairy Tera Blast with Safety Goggles shifted to Diancie.

:ursaluna: :tornadus: :ogerpon hearthflame: :rillaboom: :flutter mane: :volcanion:
https://pokepast.es/1632452a475f6086
Speedy bear Tailwind offense. Hearthflame in sun does ridiculous damage and Ursaluna covers the Fire and Dragon types that resist its STABs. This team is a little unhinged but so is every sun team in this meta

:tyranitar: :flutter mane: :rillaboom: :landorus therian: :heatran: :ogerpon wellspring:
https://pokepast.es/671a59af878f356c

While I was making teams for our players to test against, one of the things that was asked for was cheese. I haven't played this tier enough to understand what "cheese" looks like this gen, so I made this unhinged flutter team. I reused the double glide core from the Gholdengo team because I thought it was really strong and used AV Tyranitar because it's a surprisingly good Kingambit check on teams where Iron Hands is hard to fit. Calm Mind Flutter is stupid but really fun to use casually

:okidogi: :heatran: :ogerpon wellspring: :rillaboom: :flutter mane: :landorus therian:
https://pokepast.es/bbe47ae97f457698

Okidogi.

This is a pretty low effort post but I do not care and will post it anyway, byebye

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
:iron hands: :tornadus: :chien pao: :ogerpon-wellspring: :rillaboom: :basculegion-f:
https://pokepast.es/0ac9573aa204af6e

Rain! I'm actually really proud of this team, it feels fun to use and all of the pieces flow together really well. Priority + SD Hands is nice into bulkier teams and against faster teams SD Ogerpon + Basc-F works really well. Its 5 physical attackers + torn though, so Landorus/random Will-O-Wisp can be annoying
I like this team the most. Seems REALLY solid.

DWCOP with the brokens

It was a bit disappointing not making the playoffs, especially since it was decently easier this year at 8 out of 13, but I had fun building with my own take on the meta.

G1 v yddeon

After seeing meminger’s imprison flutter vs ratpacker I wanted to try it. Most flutters aren't max speed so going max speed imprison looked super strong. I proceeded to face a max speed and lost the speed tie. lol.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-728174

1699920224290.png
<ban these

It's pretty clear to me these r the six brokens, and hands flutter are the two easiest ones to put so I started with those since I wasn't too sure the best way to build with rest.

:Flutter Mane::Iron Hands::Tornadus::Farigiraf::Landorus-Therian::Torkoal:

https://pokepast.es/4138d0884d2b3898

Next added torn farig for best speed control, lando to make flutter bulky as imprison wants to stay on field longer, and torky for the free speed boost. I chose NP lando cuz standard phys landos neuter each other while SPA ones can keep clicking, and wanted a setup mon. With terafire it resists the quadweak ice and weatherball does a million. I went av tork cuz I wanted 4 attacks but switching moves and more bulk to set sun again easier. Wasn't living a +2 sball tho.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-728333

Got haxed pretty hard this game, should've been a very clean win. Perhaps I didn't need to terafire lando to ko among and couldv’e weatherballed hands to avoid misses but after the t1 losing speed tie, clicking sandsear for gr8 dmg on both looked better. So lost speed tie, 2 ninja plays by the hands and low roll on ghold. Also had a low roll chance to ko lando with weatherball.

G2 v caojie

:Flutter Mane::Iron Hands::Tornadus::Cresselia::Ninetales::Ursaluna:

https://pokepast.es/7e35758e73da95e9

I had thought of eject pack tales for a bit, it lets u scout for scarf lando and avoids intim for the mon that comes in after, quite a tempo lead for sun teams. It turns out eject pack is bugged on PS, sun should always activate on lead even if user is slower than intim user, but order shown is based on speed so you also get to scout the speeds. This makes flutter ejectpack tales an even better lead than I thought when testing cuz used PS, and would make eject torky lead also viable. Unfort the bug is very hard to fix (known bug for a while now) so only consider tales for now. Originally I had imprision flutter again for here, idea is its gr8 with setup that hates flutters moves, like sd hands and ghold, kommo if they dont have gleam. But the team had no real fire type cuz tales so went specs terafire mystical fire instead. With the ejectpack I thought what mon I wanted to switch in and ursa looked interesting avoiding intim, with bulkup it was enough dmg, dont need sd overkill and then u get value in heals from lunar as well. Went with a spicy WP cress set so that it's not too passive. I dont need gogs cuz ursa already immune, and teradark for torn taunt. I highly considered uturn torn over tect to combo, perhaps it works too but bit riskier or use cloak.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-729603

Got a lucky crit t1, was a low roll to ko otherwise unless a weird bulky scarf set. Without the bug sun would be up so flutter would go first bringing lando super low which was good enough for me that turn. Tera’d BU ursa would go in regardless. Snarl tales proceeded to sweep, was not expecting such a showing from a NFE mon.

G3 vs farfromani

:Flutter Mane::Iron Hands::Tornadus::Farigiraf::Kingambit::Landorus-Therian:

https://pokepast.es/d1811a2e3edc32a5

I used 2 teams with a very similar framework, flutter, hands, torn, tr, sun setter, ground so I wanted to go something less sun dependent. They also used very similar stuff for 2 games having flutter glim kommo lando in both. I went booster icy flutter cuz combo with lando beats sash glim and good into all 4. Thought they might try rain so I went av gambit with sucker for basc. Went SPA lando again but this time without a sun setter I went a more normal teraflying. But since this is far weaker defensively I went CM instead of NP. I haven't been a gambit believer all gen but perhaps av is ok on some teams.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-729737

Early burn was rather annoying, could have saved it for later otherwise. Midgame with TW up I highly considered tera lando to get kos secured but decided to save for later, this was a mistake and almost lost cuz it, thought terablast would ko anyways. I also could’ve CM’d a 2nd time.

General thoughts/notes on the 3 teams

SPA lando good. Setup is cool on it, normal 4 moves no tect av/sitrus works too. The gr8 thing about weatherball is u don’t need to tera.

Flutter vroom. I prefer max speed almost always, booster I can understand less speed but max is still gr8 for mirror esp if bulky set with lando.

Hands speed faster than 100s in TW. I was terafire all games to avoid wisp, teranormal facade is cool too on av.

Farig is best tr setter by far, thanks to hands having FO. Highly consider FO on hands even on sd cuz this combo.

Farig I used twin beam both times. This is only for sash glim MU. Its not doing too much dmg anyways.

Torn was teraghost all games, I never want to tera it anyways but perhaps another tera can let it live stuff is better.

Torn was slow all 3, this is gr8 with a tr setter so it can work in both and easier value. They cant taunt you either cuz farig. Ofc also gr8 for weather war slowest prank weather.

Theres plenty of other stuff I think can be a top team, as I never used the ruins or basc. I'm a believer in basc rain.

Landorus-Therian @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sandsear Storm
- Weather Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

That's about it, I'll be chilling in DUU for now.

Last edited:
DWCOP team dump

Iron Defense Kommo-o Drought
The title set being tier 2 at worst, I decided to bring it. Ninetales is there to counterbalance the main weakness of Tera Fire Kommo-o, which are Ogerpon-Wellspring and Volcanion. Ninetales lives Stomping Tantrum from Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian and Flutter Mane lives Icicle Crash from Chien Pao while being able to outspeed Roaring Moon in sun. Tornadus lives Ivy Cudgel from Ogerpon-Hearthflame in sun.
:kommo-o::ninetales::rillaboom::flutter-mane::tornadus::landorus-therian:

Gen 9 hazard stack
This is something I had originally made with the Actuarily game in mind, but I ended up using it for Metallica126. You set up the hazards and Landorus and Chien Pao clean up. Heatran is made to be as fast as possible and Ogerpon-Wellspring is meant to outspeed Glimmora.
:ogerpon-wellspring::iron-hands::amoonguss::landorus-therian::heatran::chien-pao:

Gholden snow
I spotted Actuarily playing rain on ladder so I got scared and built snow, rain's natural enemy. The Gholdengo Tornadus Ogerpon-Wellspring Iron Hands core being tier 1, I remade this team from Akaru Kokuyo's replay. Ogerpon outspeeds Iron Bundle in Tailwind, Ninetales outspeeds Landorus and Iron Hands outspeeds min speed Armarouge.
:amoonguss::tornadus::ninetales-alola::gholdengo::ogerpon-wellspring::iron-hands:

Bulk-Up Palafin Balance
Nakano Nino loves semiroom, psyspam and Ursaluna, so I built a team to counter that playstyle and took an old Moltres-Galar set out of the box. It always lives Choice Specs Moonblast from Flutter Mane and OHKOs it with Brave Bird. The Ogerpon-Hearthflame set is meant to live Tera Blast from Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian at -1Atk, which is stupid since I finally didn't add an Intimidate Pokemon. I stole the Eject Button idea from an SMB replay.
:palafin::rillaboom::kingambit::moltres-galar::flutter-mane::ogerpon-hearthflame:

Bonus Dragonite balance team that I built which nobody on my team liked but I'm still posting it because I think it's good
It's all in the title
:dragonite::chien-pao::ogerpon-hearthflame::amoonguss::iron-hands::flutter-mane:

Fritz420

Banned deucer.
1700+ Skeledirge Squad
:skeledirge: :kingambit: :sinistcha: :volcanion: :rillaboom: :zapdos:

I wanted to use skeledirge because I love its signature move and love the concept of snowballing even when attacking a resist that switches in. Skeledirge is fun but not the best pokemon ever. I paired it with trick room sinistcha, as it matches well into stuff like palafin and ogerpon water. Added volcanion because it can be good into heatran, ogerpon fire, and other volcanion that aren't running earth power. At this point I'm walled by kommo-o and lando-t destroys me so i added tera fairy kingambit to tera out of bad matchups and to deter lando from switching in freely. Because I had so many pokemon that have average speed I thought it would be cool to also have tailwind. Added zapdos mostly because i liked it. This slot in particular could very much be and probably should be a booster energy Flutter Mane but I was feeling like using zap. Last is rillaboom for fake out and general utility.

Overall the team is fun but realistically not very good lol just want to get more involved with the community and thought it would be fun to share!

Screenshot_20231125_085750_Chrome.jpg

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
SCL TEAM DUMP

General tips that went well for me in this season/metagame:
- My gameplan for most weeks was to just build something that felt good with a lot of high BST Pokemon. I don't think scouting is worth a ton when Flutter/Oger-Water/Hands/Lando-T and its many variants just match up well into everything.

- It is unbelievably hard to make a new, solid, novel team each week, even if half the time I just brought "the brokens." Taking inspiration from other players or VGC teams (https://cut-explorer.stalruth.dev/ is BROKEN) helps a lot. Do your testing and don't blindly steal things, but inspiration is very very nice.

- please give your Pokemon nicknames it buffs your friendship powers significantly

I started doing writeups for each team and decided I did not particularly want to do that because I am sick right now and I'd rather have this out sooner than later :^( please ping me on discord if you have any questions though!

vs. Meminger21 (W)
:Clefairy::Kommo-o::Rillaboom::Landorus-Therian::Ursaluna::Sinistcha:
https://pokepast.es/95f0335842fd37ae

vs. Xrn (L)
:Tornadus::Landorus-Therian::Ogerpon-Hearthflame::Rillaboom::Roaring Moon::Heatran:
https://pokepast.es/8c045853e7188f0d

vs. Akaru Kokuyo (W)
:Kingambit::Rillaboom::Flutter Mane::Ogerpon-Hearthflame::Landorus-Therian::Basculegion:
https://pokepast.es/95d719ca1ffd5126

Thank you Nails for the broken Gambit set

vs. JRL (W)
:Tornadus::Arcanine-Hisui::Iron Hands::Gholdengo::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Chien-Pao:
https://pokepast.es/ee38b64085fdb54b

vs. Feyy (W)
:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur::heatran::iron-hands::ogerpon-wellspring::rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/ebdfc93d3da85022

vs. zee (W)
:tornadus::flutter-mane::kingambit::ogerpon-wellspring::amoonguss::arcanine-hisui:
https://pokepast.es/783747a7843f27c7

vs. Actuarily (W)
:glimmora::chi-yu::flutter-mane::tornadus::ogerpon-wellspring::rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/9246ebf8d6691132

vs. Tenzai (W)
:kingambit::dragonite::chien-pao::amoonguss::arcanine-hisui::ogerpon-wellspring:
https://pokepast.es/aff2a73621104dbe

Thank you to sempra for feeding me two teams for Weeks 1 and 4 and subbing in, Amaranth for telling me to just use the brokens, -Howkings for critting every Ivy Cudgel I needed, bage1 for testing with me a thousand times, and of course the entire machines server. I usually stay pretty isolated to DOU channels in team tours and I really appreciate y'all for cheering me on and checking in. Had a lot of fun this season :)

Last edited:

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Community Leader
SCL + DWCOP Teamdump

I was gonna write a bunch but now I have no energy and just want to get this out so here are some pastes that I thought were good enough to bring to the biggest games. Listen to what qsns said above me, I do a lot of stealing. I built/helped build a lot of teams used by my teammates in both SCL and DWCOP but I'm just going to post the teams I used myself, and some of them have been edited after I used them.

SCL

Week 6 vs JRL (L)
:Tornadus::Gholdengo::Regidrago::Volcanion::Zapdos-galar::Rillaboom:

Week 7 vs Feyy (L)
:Heatran::Roaring-moon::landorus-therian::iron-hands::Ogerpon-wellspring::flutter-mane:

Week 8 vs Eragon (W)
:flutter-mane::chi-yu::glimmora::ogerpon-wellspring::landorus-therian::iron-hands:

Week 9 vs zee (W)
:Ursaluna-bloodmoon::Sinistcha-masterpiece::Iron-Hands::Volcanion::Flutter-Mane::Landorus-Therian:

DWCOP

Pools vs InkVGC (W)
:palafin::landorus-therian::Iron-hands::amoonguss::gholdengo::tornadus:

Pools vs Michaelderbeste (L)
:sinistcha::chi-yu::flutter-mane::iron-bundle::kingambit::landorus-therian:

Pools vs Yellow Paint (W)
:kommo-o::tornadus::rillaboom::flutter-mane::glimmora::Kingambit:

Quarterfinals vs Yoda (L)
:flutter-mane::landorus::ogerpon-wellspring::kingambit::Iron-hands::Arcanine-hisui:

Tiebreak vs SMB (L)
:landorus-therian::tornadus::flutter-mane::ogerpon-wellspring::Iron-hands::Gholdengo:

Big ty to Meminger21 for being an awesome SCL teammate you are so much better than your record and I'm rooting for you guys in DWCOP. Thanks to umbry and zoe for all the help during SCL as well. Shoutout to all of US Central for being amazing, it seems fate just decided it wasn't our year but we'll get em next time. Lastly qsns you are the goat thank you for babysitting me basically from OSDT time all the way to now and thank you for making sure I always hit my jump points.

Last edited:
REALLY IMPORTANT BEFORE READING:
i am a kinda good player I‘d say and i can play with shit teams, this team is fun but bad don‘t use if you are new and want to climb. But it is really fun.

thanks a lot too yellowpaint who gave a lot of constructive criticism that i chose to inore because it is fun ;)

so now that all the noobs are gone we can talk about the team.
the team is kinda standard offence with torn but not really. It has some really important things you need to know before using it.
(i apologize for bad grammar in advance as english is not my first language and i am a bit dyslexic so my spelling might suck too)

https://pokepast.es/06af45ce412de53a

i will look at 4 different team styles to present how it plays against them.
1. is a mirror
you have multiple ways to go about a mirror the first and most obvious is the standard way lead fake out and torn this will garantie tailwind but it is also not the optimal outcome because then you have rilla on the field wich is not something that can kill a torn. The main problem is most of your mons are only fast enough to outspeed the enemy without tr so you need to kill that torn asap. lucky you your mons are bulky (most of the time) and hit hard as fuck torn has 8 speed evs max phys def i made this spread for one exact purpose (well i guess it is two)
252 Atk Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Ice Spinner vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Tornadus: 300-354 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO THIS CALC ALONE IS CARZY but 252+ Atk Iron Hands Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Tornadus: 308-366 (85 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS SPREAD ISN‘T MORE COMMON what the actual fuck.
but yea if you are wondering that is my spread.
252+ SpA Silk Scarf Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus: 373-439 (103 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
terra gohst to prevent fake out turn 1 then you bloodmoon their torn and that is one tailwind the whole game wich is amazing.
The evs speedcreep max speed + speed nature flutter under tw not bundle but that is fine i guess most bundles are booser speed anyway so it will never outspeed them and you outspeed booster spa.
this brings us to:
2. Just offence
this isn‘t that common luckily
just get tailwind spore some guys and you will be fine REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT FASTER THAN BOOSTER BUNDLE OR MANE WITH LUNA / RILLA
rilla helps a lot terra gohst on everything means you can prevent fake outs / fighting moves wich is always nice and yea that‘s it
3. TR probably one of the matchups wich need almost the least brainpower
it is hard to prevent diancy form setting up tr because of terra grass and spore not working on that so you have two coices you alsmost always want to lead luna it just nukes things then you can lead it next to chi yu witch is idk man that combo just i fucking can‘t always remember against full room or really slow teams LUNA IS FAST i mean it is max speed. spore is super consistent in this matter too because most run a berry mental herb or sash (it is never sash) in the case of diancy it can be weaknesspolicy. but yea you need to get a feel for your opponenent if you think it is terra grass lead chi yu and luna terra gohst the bloomoon against the incoming fake out from the hands (maybe it is there and chi yu “can‘t touch„ the diancy) then choose heat wave and earth power you might not kill i can‘t remember the calcs but it will do a lot of dmg
alternativeley you could spore and bloodmoon depending on what you feel like but yea diancy is hard if it is not diancy ALWAYS LEAD CHI YU LUNA kill the cress or whatever and move on.
if you get into tr remember your immunities that rilla is tanky as fuck and that yes you can use portect and yes you can somtimes call that your opponenent will call your protect just do something. sac like you want and do anything.
4. Stall
stall is not good i know the sound of stall sounds like slow and you can make mistakes and shit BUT YOU CAN‘T stall is scary as shit my sweatiest matches ever have been against stall never underestemate it YOU DON‘T WANT T SPIKE UP AT ALL. you don‘t want hazaards at all tbh but yea. you should know how to beat it if you are good enough to use this team so i wont layout your gameplan but remember taunt and rember beads of ruin luna.

now for the Mons themselves.

he banging drums (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

av tank priotity grassy terrain for loom fake out you know how it works.

forfeit NOW (Chi-Yu) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Snarl
- Heat Wave
- Overheat

click click click standard shit yk RMEMEBER SNARL SPA DROPS
also gainst armaguge indeede lead yu luna click snarl and bloodmoon into armaruge and hope he doesn‘t call that this will always be a 50 : 50 matchup but he can‘t kill yu and luna in 1 turn so you might win otherwise grassy terrain.

Torn (Tornadus) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Bleakwind Storm

never terra this if you need to terra this you are in a bad fucking spot evs explained earlier sunny day instead of protect just switch… and heat wave is one hell of a drug also helps against other weather.

cocain (Ursaluna-Bloodmoon) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Mind's Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blood Moon
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Protect

my standard tw bloodmoon set fast and hits hard. i had terra fairy and that shit is kinda good i guess but i would only terra to get rid of the fighting weakness and everything has coverage to hit flutter so blocking fake out was just the most usefull.

filler (Arcanine-Hisui) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

idk man hits hard is kinda fast BUT REALLY USEFULL FOR 4x FIRE RESIST

Breloom @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

kinda cute hits really hard and fast spore is just evil still sucks ass but so fucking cute. could use sash but then you can‘t use the BS as much is probably worth tho.

i will not improve this team i will use it but yea

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
A team dump to end all team dumps (July 2023-December 2023)
It's been a minute since I posted anything in this thread, so this will be a pretty exhaustive dump of all my good teams covering OSDT/Derby in the home meta through all of dlc1 (SCL, dwcop, etc) so I can wipe my builder and start fresh with the impending dlc 2 release. Home stuff isn't the most valuable at this point but there's some fun ideas there so I'm including it anyways. With so many replays down there's not much of a point in linking them for a lot of old teams (might go back and fix that later if they return) but the really recent teams will have replays. Here goes.

Didn't really have any energy for individuals this year, kinda just memed a lot (yall better vote me most gimmicky player this year istg) but I did build a few solid teams so these will just go here, lowkey don't even remember who I brought these against :skull:

:Iron Hands: :Armarouge: :Indeedee-F: :Diancie: :Kingambit: :Rillaboom:
I really wanted to use psychic seed Kingambit even despite the obvious lack of synergy so I just slapped a Rillaboom on there and told myself I'd outplay the anti-synergy. This team was pretty fun, think it got a W in OSDT.

:Grimmsnarl: :Mew: :Wo-Chien: :Cresselia: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands:
CM bolt beam cress, queued into zom with trick scarf gholdengo and there wasn't really much I could do, team is prolly bad but it seemed funny making it (not a team I would've brought to a team tour lol)

:Chansey: :Landorus-Therian: :Rillaboom: :Kingambit: :Volcanion: :Flutter Mane:
This team did in fact win a game.

:Flutter Mane: :Goodra-Hisui: :Kingambit: :Rillaboom: :Cresselia: :Regidrago:
The extent of my Regidrago testing in the home meta, pretty fun team but I think I only brought it once.

:Indeedee-F: :Volcanion: :Iron Hands: :Diancie: :Wo-Chien: :Flutter Mane:
My attempt at making psychic seed Hands work in a Flutter meta, the most interesting thing about this one is that xqiht was able to get a win with it in OSDT cut! (I think this is the right wo-chien team replays are down lmfao)

:Rillaboom: :Cresselia: :Enamorus-Therian: :Palafin: :Diancie: :Amoonguss:

:Flutter Mane: :Kingambit: :Chi-Yu: :Rillaboom: :Iron Hands: :Tornadus:
Far and away the best team of the bunch here, this was the team that led to a little more notoriety for grassy seed chi-yu and led to it being a social media spotlight. Between the double fake out, the pressure from booster spatk flutter (which I was a big fan of at the time) and the speed control from tornadus, Chi-Yu on this team has plenty of room to set-up and clean games, I won a bunch of games with this in the early rounds of seasonal and homefield.

:Diancie: :Rillaboom: :Flutter Mane: :Landorus-Therian: :Basculegion-F: :Mew:
Guard Split. If you know, you know.

From this point on, I'm pretty sure the teams are all post dlc1.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Politoed: :Landorus: :Basculegion-F: :Rillaboom: :Tornadus:
Bad rain team that I didn't have time to fix lmao

:Fezandipiti: :Chien-Pao: :Basculegion: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Gholdengo: :Tornadus:
fsr they freed basculegion (fezandipiti ohko's rillaboom with pao switchin)

:Thundurus: :Roaring Moon: :Walking Wake: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Iron Hands: :Flutter Mane:
funny sun team I built 5 min before the match, had a feeling madara might bring rain and yeah this worked out

:Kleavor: :Volcanion: :Okidogi: :Rillaboom: :Roaring Moon: :Flutter Mane:
From the beginning of the first dlc I was adamant that Okidogi was the best new legend and this was the first time I brought it to a tour, team was pretty fun but it was the last time I attempted gunk shot on the mon cuz it almost cost me a game I should never have lost

:Wo-Chien: :Chi-Yu: :Iron Hands: :Tornadus: :Palafin-Hero: :Enamorus-Therian:
fun team with iron defense calm mind enam-t, requires a lot of positioning but sometimes it just wins lmao

:Weezing-Galar: :Iron Hands: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Tornadus: :Flutter Mane: :Basculegion:
Fun Misty Seed Hands team, an idea I had contemplated the entire gen before weezing was added.

I'm definitely missing a bunch of teams here but these are the memorable (and probably better) ones, this is mostly for posterity's sake anyways

Doubles Derby
I sat out the first weeks of Derby as I was managing and kinda messed up drafting by drafting 2 high level SV players, but after the first couple weeks I decided it would be easier if I played and I got some pretty high quality games in, I was really feeling the meta at the time and built some really fun teams here (one of the teams might be slightly off because fsr I forgot to put it in the right folder and there were two versions of the team)

Week 3 vs Fangame10 (W):
:Kleavor: :Walking Wake: :Tornadus: :Chi-Yu: :Flutter Mane: :Rillaboom:
This was right at the peak of my grassy seed Chi-Yu phase, and I was searching for new ways to abuse the mon. One day, I realized that Walking Wake has the most interesting movepool of any gen 9 mon, with access to tools like breaking swipe and snarl. I realized this had great synergy with grassy seed Chi-Yu, and this led to this team, one of my favorites from this gen that I used in SCL tryouts to some success. However, into fangame, I decided a kleavor might tilt the matchup into my favor, and that's where this version came from (iirc). The actual game wasn't that interesting, he loaded sun or something and flutter mane did flutter mane things.

Week 4 vs Ann (W):
:Kingambit: :Thundurus: :Rillaboom: :Flutter Mane: :Volcarona: :Great Tusk:
Looking at the scout, I noticed 100% landot usage, so I went back to an idea I had as soon as Home had dropped: newly released Acrobatics Defiant Thundurus. It was too perfect for the matchup and tusk was also a great call with it's hazard control.

Week 5 vs Paraplegic (W)
:Tsareena: :Volcanion: :Tornadus: :Landorus-Therian: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands:
I was afraid of a few things going into this matchup and cloak volcanion felt like a good bring into them (fsr I think I was afraid of garg even though he was using chesnaught???) Also why was this nasty plot torn?? Moving on

After this I slotted natdex for playoffs with some fun teams but this isn't really the place for those teams so look forward to the Natdex Premier League Recap Videos I have planned, they'll prolly be covered there :)

SCL
I was fortunate to get the chance to be a part of SCL this year, where I supported xqiht for the first part of the season and then later got the chance to play several games in the second half of the season. The first 4 teams are teams that I built for xq, almost all of them we modified in some capacity to suit his playstyle more but I'll just post the initial stuff I came up with. Shoutouts to Arcticblast for helping me later in the season!
Week 1 Xqiht vs Akaru (L)
:Rillaboom: :Kommo-o: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Milotic: :Flutter Mane: :Tornadus:

Week 2 Xqiht vs JRL (L)
:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Diancie: :Iron Hands: :Tornadus: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Flutter Mane: :Tornadus:

Week 3 Xqiht vs Feyy (W)
:Baxcalibur: :Ninetales-Alola: :Amoonguss: :Basculegion: :Chi-Yu: :Tornadus:
Fsr I don't have the exact original but I think it was the same except it had life orb tornadus, which we decided was less valuable than sharp beak since the calcs were so close and the chip was annoying.

Week 4 Xqiht vs Nails (L)
:Torkoal: :Walking Wake: :Great Tusk: :Flutter Mane: :Heatran: :Tornadus:
Week 5 vs Zee (W)
:Volcanion: :Okidogi: :Flutter Mane: :Landorus-Therian: :Amoonguss: :Rillaboom:
I really wanted to use okidogi again and I noticed volcanion seemed really solid into the scout, so I built around the two and ended up with this team, which was really fun to pilot and ended up working decently in the actual game. I tried many different teras on dogi and at the last minute decided poison was best to boost poison jab's damage and remove the annoying fighting typing that really holds this mon back defensively.

Week 6 vs Sempra (W)
:Iron Hands: :Landorus-Therian: :Volcanion: :Ogerpon: :Tornadus: :Flutter Mane:
Once again volcanion looked quite solid. I spent a lot of the week searching for something to punish his scout and settled on tealpon because it a) seemed funny and b) punishes intimidate

Week 7 vs Tenzai (L)
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: :Rillaboom: :Chi-Yu: :Flutter Mane: :Roaring Moon: :Iron Hands:
I wanted to use another ogerpon form this week and settled on cornerstone into the matchup, which worked out pretty well until I played pretty poorly (and got heat wave burned into flutter range) and set myself on tilt for the next few weeks.

Week 8 vs Bagel (L)
:Kommo-o: :Glimmora: :Flutter mane: :Volcanion: :Glimmora: :Sinistcha: :Iron Hands:
I really struggled in the builder this week following a lot of burnout from dwcop pools but settled on this. Not a bad 6 but got sizably unlucky in this one-- also should've covered for scarf lando a bit better with this team probably but it wasn't too much of an issue in the match.

Week 9 vs Xrn (L)
:Spectrier: :Clefairy: :Heatran: :Roaring Moon: :Landorus-Therian: :Rillaboom:
I decided it was time to try out Spectrier+Clefairy in the last week and built it out with 4 other solid mons. This team really should have had volcanion over heatran, which was something Arctic and I considered but kinda brushed to side (and proceeded to get trolled by an opposing volcanion LOL)

Overall finished 2-3 in SCL, definitely could've done better but I'm happy I got a few wins in and I enjoyed teaming with xqiht even if it was pretty difficult communicating with the huge time zone difference and both of us being quite busy with school. When I first started playing DOU one of my goals was to participate in SCL so regardless of some of the unfortunate luck my team had I was just really glad I got the opportunity. We'll see how the next year goes, would really enjoy to play again if I get the chance!

DWCOP IV
Once again, I was back with US West as we attempted to get the runback. Season was pretty unfortunate timing with school for a lot of us but it was a fantastic time hanging around and building new funny stuff. This was definitely an extremely fraudulent tour from my end, finished 6-0 but my play was probably not on that level lmfao. There's a ridiculous number of teams I built for others, I'll post a paste that has literally everything at the end here but I'm going to focus more on the teams I myself brought.

Pools vs Lily
:Moltres-Galar: :Sinistcha: :Roaring Moon: :Landorus-Therian: :Flutter Mane: :Volcanion:
Schister and I realized this duo of goltres + sinistcha was extremely broken (we weren't the first to use this as xrn brought it in scl iirc). I added choice band Landot as a way to provide more immediate pressure next to the goltres, and this team was a pretty good success, with goltres setting up and winning the game. We probably should've brought this idea more it was pretty fire lol.

Pools vs John1240
:Sinistcha: :Iron Hands: :Flutter Mane: :Chi-Yu: :Roaring Moon: :Mew:
A revisit to my Mew phase as a way to use nasty plot Chi-Yu even more effectively. This was an interesting one but it probably could've used some more fine-tuning.

Pools vs Ninja
:Ninetales-Alola: :Baxcalibur: :Sinistcha: :Heatran: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands:
Another teapot team, this time paired with snow. This was a fun combination, as it allowed baxcalibur to set up so freely with a lot of possible recovery. Sub heatran was also pretty clutch in this one.

Quarterfinals vs Licenciado Pan
:Piloswine: :Wo-Chien: :Regidrago: :Tornadus: :Chi-Yu: :Ogerpon-Wellspring:
I noticed while replays were still alive that Spain in general seemed weak to Regidrago, so naturally I built the jankiest regidrago team possible. I discovered that Piloswine had incredible bulk and seemed into my opponent who seemed to like setup options which haze would heavily annoy. I misplayed this game severely and things got out of hand after I missed a crucial draco meteor but I was pretty lucky and got a double protect to seal off the endgame. Also Wo-Chien because the mon is one of my favorites and is definitely underrated trust

Quarterfinals Tiebreaks vs shiritu
:Volcanion: :Landorus: :Illumise: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands: :Rillaboom:
I looked at Illumise's movepool for the first time this week for whatever reason and realized it was diet whimsicott. Fespy suggested I build a diet ss team with Lando-I + Volcanion to pair with fake tears and encore, which was really fun in practice and turned into a really fun and solid team. Double fake out is very helpful for positioning here.

Semis vs Meminger
:Chi-Yu: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Iron Hands: :Tornadus: :Wo-Chien: :Flutter Mane:
A calm mind Flutter Mane team paired with Wo-Chien for recovery, this was really fun to pilot in practice and it's an interesting way to approach 5 of the best pokemon in the format + Wo-Chien. The one issue with this team was the scarf lando matchup, especially since I forgot to put Ice Punch on Hands before the match (which was something I intended to do). I played this one pretty poorly but got bailed by the timer at the end-- still a really fun team, there could definitely be some really good variations of this, maybe even just with a Landot over the snail here.

Paste with literally every team I built for this tour (a lot of these are unpolished but some of these were brought by others/were good teams that just didn't get a chance to shine)

Teamballo III
Got the chance to team with Smudge again for this tour, which was really cool since we were already teaming together on west in the concurrent dwcop (ended on the same day :blobsad: ) For this one, I mostly used solid team ideas that I built for the other tours I was in because I simply didn't have enough time to build for 3 tours at once (I barely had enough time for dwcop + scl). I used a lot of waterpon in this tour, and I won literally every game I brought it lmao. There wasn't a whole of player-specific prep until the playoffs so there won't be much analysis on these but they're all pretty fundamentally solid teams except for week one :skull:

Week 1 vs xqiht (L)
:Tornadus: :Volcanion: :Iron Hands: :Flutter Mane: :Rillaboom: :Ursaluna:

Week 2 vs Akaru (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Gholdengo: :Chi-Yu: :Iron Hands: :Tornadus: :Landorus-therian:

Week 3 vs Sempra- same week as SCL lol (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Roaring Moon: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands: :Landorus:

Week 4 vs JRL (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Chi-Yu: :Iron Hands: :Roaring Moon: :Flutter Mane: :Landorus-Therian:
Brief note here: I believe this to be the best Chi-Yu set in the format, it affords the sweeping capability of plot while also not being reliant on it due to life orb power.

Week 5 vs Losconosciuto (L)
:Sinistcha: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Heatran: :Basculegion-F: :Iron Hands: :Roaring Moon:

Semis vs Akaru (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Indeedee-F: :Chi-Yu: :Tornadus: :Landorus-Therian: :Flutter Mane:
new seed unlocked

Semis Tiebreaks vs Akaru (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Roaring Moon: :Volcarona: :Glimmora: :Iron Hands: :Flutter Mane:
funny volcarona set

Finals vs xqiht (W)
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Chi-Yu: :Rillaboom: :Tornadus: :Landorus-Therian: :Flutter Mane:
the classic grassy seed chi-yu

Wrap Up, Metagame Thoughts:
1702248967355.png

This is my personal tier list/viability rankings for the the DLC1 metagame. I think this metagame got quite stale, Flutter Mane really should not have stayed in the metagame but I did have a good time building stuff before I pretty much exhausted a lot of my building options. Really looking forward to the DLC2 metagame, there's definitely going to need to be some tiering action but should be a good time.

2023 was probably the worst year of my life to this point due to irl stuff but I'm really grateful to my friends on this site, especially Rayenith AIRedzone Feyy Schister KeanuGrindingArc Smudge Hugo charmdi sir jelloton NinjaSnapple (as well as more I'm probably forgetting) thanks for all the good moments this year! I'm not exactly sure how active I'll be in 2024 but I'll definitely be there the teamtours, shoutouts to all the teammates I had this year!

Last edited:
DWCoP Dump

Coming into world cup, I had been playing a lot of vgc, and wanted to experiment with a lot of things that I felt were more unique to DOU over VGC. I think as someone who has played both pretty extensively I brought a pretty unique take to teambuilding and most of my teams looked pretty out there. Overall I had a lot of fun playing this tour, so here's a bunch of the teams I used.

manaphy waterpon (pools vs india/shadekirby):
https://pokepast.es/3a246d04548b0a14 (W)
:roaring-moon: :ogerpon-wellspring: :arcanine-hisui: :manaphy: :gholdengo: :rillaboom:
As I said before, a big priority for me coming in was to be able to use stuff that wasn't available in VGC, and one of the earliest ideas I had was surrounding manaphy. While I don't actively play singles as much anymore, I had heard rumblings about Manaphy (especially in the first few weeks of home drops), due to it being able to pair well with screens. And when talking in the discord, we came up with the idea of Manaphy + Waterpon with Surf to heal and redirect. Originally we had a different set, but ended on tera blast + tera poison to still hit rilla, but also hit Volcanion (with either normal tera blast or poison). The idea ended up working perfectly, my opp didn't have much DOU experience and we did rfn, so glad to be able to show this idea.

banded moon sun (pools vs latam/enzonana):
https://pokepast.es/31638335a4f9ef23 (W)
:roaring-moon: :ninetales: :walking-wake: :flutter-mane: :farigiraf: :tornadus:
A lot of my ideas came from VGC teams as well, and this one was no exception. I had been experimenting extensively with Ninetales + Banded Roaring Moon in VGC, but Heatran always ended up being way bigger of an issue than was realistically playable around, but in DOU with the longer games and access to Walking Wake, I really wanted to try this. Farig was the last minute addition (I believe I had Firepon in that slot), since offense teams don't like prio spam, and when I mentioned I needed something to hit Heatran, Schister mentioned HHP on it. I initially dismissed the idea but then with LO it kinda works. Tera Psychic Fangs can also pick up hands (or with helping hand from ninetales), and Farig ended up being the hero of this game, as I last minute EV'd it to outspeed slower Rillas and that won me this game (after wake got crit earlier into the game)

"stall" aka heatran hazard stack (pools vs china/hybone):
https://pokepast.es/3149d74b14b809f4 (W)
:glimmora: :roaring-moon: :sinistcha: :heatran: :ogerpon-wellspring: :landorus-therian:
I think Glimmora is absolutely broken, so I wanted to run it. In the statistics, it was winning more than any other mon in pools, and in general I think playing the hazard game vs VGC players tends to be very good. Glimmora also always wins the hazard mirror as you always outpace opposing hazards. The rest of the team was aimed at pure survivability and leveraging Heatran and Waterpon to force switches. Team about as well as it could have.

lurantis + wp arma (quarters vs spain/kreksu):
https://pokepast.es/ae70c2fc10bfdd21 (W)
:lurantis: :azumarill: :armarouge: :indeedee-f: :goodra-hisui: :landorus-therian:
This also came from a VGC idea I had, although I kinda built both the DOU/VGC teams in parallel. The original thought was about Lurantis, with Serperior coming back I had a thought about how good Lurantis is, and especially how good it was with Bulldoze, as it effectively is a +2 with damage attached (when Lurantis is on the field). Then I needed to find other abusers of this, so I turned to WP Arma, which I think is extremely broken in CTS. This team is funny because if you aren't aware it can completely look like a normal TR team and you can just lose immediately on preview. AV Hoodra was a really cool addition that I think could see play on other teams, it can shut down offensive teams pretty well and adding Petal Blizzard on Lurantis, the team has a lot of cute small synergies which can end up stacking up to win games. I think Arma specifically is really unexplored since people default to TR on it, endure Arma is really fucking good. Team worked about as well as I could have asked in the game, funnily enough while it looks extremely like pure CTS cheese, this team actually performed quite well in VGC as well (OTS) and in tests against people who knew the paste it was still performing very well.

dragonite hazard stack (quarters tiebreak vs spain/susejvgc):
https://pokepast.es/0feb0f379d0633f3 (L)
:arcanine-hisui: :okidogi: :rillaboom: :dragonite: :ogerpon-wellspring: :flutter-mane:
I think after losing a lot of games in a row, everyone was a bit down, and this team was probably the least tested team I brought this tournament. I think I could have done the team a bit more justice as I did not play that well this game. The idea was to target the setup mons (notably Gambit which I thought they might target me with) and naturally hazards were a great pair to phasing. Ultimately though this team ended up having to make a few last minute concessions that ended up being an issue, I originally had Roar on Dragonite but Gholdengo ended up being too big of an issue, and that notably made Gambit a lot more annoying.

scarf empoleon offense (semis vs latam/enzonana):
https://pokepast.es/b3434da50798b598 (W)
:flutter-mane: :ogerpon-hearthflame: :empoleon: :roaring-moon: :iron-hands: :rillaboom:
Another idea I had been sitting on for a while is Empoleon, I think nobody has really explored this mon as much as it could have been, and I have a lot of faith in it atm. I hadn't used it up to now, but we knew that Intimidate was on their scout and I also wanted to approach this week with a faster look since I had been bringing mostly slow teams in the past. And the idea I had to unlock it was Scarf, as it basically opens the entire playing field to it. To pair with it, I wanted to run Physical attackers that needed to be Intimidated, so opponents would have to make some concessions -- idea being that either they give Empoleon the boost and that wins the game OR they don't Intimidate and Firepon/Roaring Moon can win the game. I won a VGC local with the same core the day before the game and Empoleon was the MVP for sure, but my game ended up not mattering. I do think Empoleon is very good, and has a lot of potential going forward.

(bonus) scream tail pao offense:
https://pokepast.es/6e378bac295d7148
:scream-tail: :chien-pao: :rillaboom: :okidogi: :dragapult: :empoleon:
This was just a fun idea that didn't end up being used anywhere, although I was somewhat close to bringing it at some point because it was winning all the test games and ladder games I was playing with it. The idea was based around Howl Scream Tail, which I have been a hater of in the past, because fundamentally my belief around Howl is that it needs to also benefit the mon itself, which Scream Tail doesn't do enough damage to justify. UNLESS, it is next to Chien Pao, which also benefits from the Howl, and Scream Tail is the only mon fast enough to Howl before Pao, which unlocks the possibility of LO Psychic Fangs just straight OHKO'ing hands. The rest of the team is filled with good mons that benefit from Howl + anti-Intimidate options. I think the rest of the team isn't that good and could use refining, but the core idea of Scream Tail + Pao is actually quite good. I also really liked Ice Shard on Pao in general, especially with LO + Howl, it had a ton of reach with Prio.

Here are my meta opinions (loosely), tiers aren't in any particular order. I think overall the meta is not too bad, coming from VGC I think this meta is a lot better (lol), and while it could have been better with a flutter ban, I think it was still a very fun meta to play. With CTS and Tera there's still a lot of room to play around with different things, and while Flutter is really good, it isn't so oppressive that you can't run other ideas.

image.png

DWCOP team dump

Pools vs Talkze:
:volcanion::sinistcha::diancie::landorus-therian::flutter mane::iron hands:
This team uses the pretty popular structure of lando-flutter-hands-diancie-volc-grass but with a sinistcha instead of Rillaboom or Amoonguss. Sinistcha has a lot of synergy with the other mons on this team, with rage powder to redirect attacks, trick room to help the slower members of the team, and hospitality to heal up the many bulky mons without recovery on this team.
Pools vs Gataen:
:roaring moon::iron hands::flutter mane::Arcanine-Hisui::Ogerpon-Wellspring::landorus-therian:
This is heavily inspired by a team I saw zee use in SCL(I would link that replay but it no longer exists). I felt that the weezing on that team was making it overly passive so I replaced it with Arcanine-Hisui who also provides a fairy resist and has wisp, but can actually threaten damage through howl and flare blitz.
Pools vs Robjr:
:kommo-o::rillaboom::torkoal::Landorus-therian::flutter mane::diancie:
My attempt at recreating a team I saw Nido-Rus use in seasonals.
Quarterfinals vs Zigh:
:ninetales-alola::sinistcha::baxcalibur::arcanine-hisui::iron hands::roaring moon:
Spain's scout showed that they preferred to use bulky offense, and almost never brought Tornadus. To abuse this I decided to bring a snow team with a multitude of set up options. I opted to bring Nasty Plot on Sinistcha over Calm Mind because I found Sinistcha's damage output at only +1 special attack underwhelming.
Semifinals vs Papiloco:
:iron bundle::flutter mane::landorus-therian::tornadus::ogerpon-hearthflame::iron hands:
I was out of ideas this week so I just decided to pull up with Tornadus Offense. I really ended up liking the team though, Iron Bundle is a really underrated mon.

My DWCOP campaign didn't go the way I hoped it would, but I believe that was due to my own poor play not the quality of these teams. Even though Flutter Mane probably should have been banned this metagame has been pretty fun, and I hope the dlc2 metagame will be even better.

First forum post (sorta)

cooked up some speedbooster fluttermane abuse

Notes:
>Lando saves flutt from getting owned
>Chi-yu makes flutt do a morbillion damage (also chi-yu's movepool is stinky thats why i used incinerate)
>Lando is 196 def impish rocky helmet to expose physical attackers for flutt even more
>Goodra-H is a dawg soaking up hits while doing big hits to teams with draco, flash cannon, and boosted body presses (if u choose ofc)
>Ogerpon stops setup sweeping with taunt and is a bit more passive because of its utility to soak water for chi-yu and lando while also eating steel moves for flutt and kleavor
>Kleavor is a wildcard tbh it has slow tailwind along with lunge to drop attacks while doing big damage bc stab 80 bp and stone axe to ofc get rocks to help when games go to late
>Chi-yu is slower than normal to keep from getting washed under trick room and it helps give special debuffs with snarl and huge amounts of burst with heat wave, dark pulse, and incinerate to stop belly drum sitrus berry sweeping (or making a huge dent in the team)

Heres the team: https://pokepast.es/11d25fed68d00271
https://pokepast.es/2cc8872550e11f5f (revised revised version bc kleavor is not real)

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2010592559?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2010589106
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2010594333

Taking feedback!

Last edited:
First forum post (sorta)

cooked up some speedbooster fluttermane abuse

Notes:
>Lando saves flutt from getting owned
>Chi-yu makes flutt do a morbillion damage (also chi-yu's movepool is stinky thats why i used incinerate)
>Lando is 196 def impish rocky helmet to expose physical attackers for flutt even more
>Goodra-H is a dawg soaking up hits while doing big hits to teams with draco, flash cannon, and boosted body presses (if u choose ofc)
>Ogerpon stops setup sweeping with taunt and is a bit more passive because of its utility to soak water for chi-yu and lando while also eating steel moves for flutt and kleavor
>Kleavor is a wildcard tbh it has slow tailwind along with lunge to drop attacks while doing big damage bc stab 80 bp and stone axe to ofc get rocks to help when games go to late
>Chi-yu is slower than normal to keep from getting washed under trick room and it helps give special debuffs with snarl and huge amounts of burst with heat wave, dark pulse, and incinerate to stop belly drum sitrus berry sweeping (or making a huge dent in the team)

Heres the team: https://pokepast.es/11d25fed68d00271

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2010592559?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2010589106

Taking feedback!
this team needs much better speed control, ur counterplay to tr is just tanking it with bulk and intim, if ur kleav doesnt get tw up u get ran over too easily, and ur mons also dont have enough speed invest to beat opposing stuff in tw. goodra not worth and the evs not good should be max hp

this team needs much better speed control, ur counterplay to tr is just tanking it with bulk and intim, if ur kleav doesnt get tw up u get ran over too easily, and ur mons also dont have enough speed invest to beat opposing stuff in tw. goodra not worth and the evs not good should be max hp
True I have noticed that in games we get outsped against tailwind usage so ill fix that, and I think goodra has worked for what I've used it for so far but I'll switch it for an icy wind user and see how that goes. Thx for the input !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)