Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar

Actuarily

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

If you feel like simply sharing a team or two with the community, or maybe want some general opinions or discussion on a team, this is the thread for you! This thread is the place for people to post teams without having to make an RMT; if you feel like showing off a squad without having to make a thread, this is the place to do it. Keep in mind that if your post is incoherent or your team unfinished or unpolished, we reserve the right to delete your post.

We still have some guidelines to follow though:
  • Make sure your team has been tested! This team could possibly be used as resource so having substandard teams is a no-no.
  • Make sure to include an importable and a description for your team! Describe how it works, how it plays out, anything special about a set, stuff like that.
  • Oldgen teams are allowed, but for posting teams of a single generation then the respective thread may be more suitable (SS, SM, XY, BW, DPP, ADV).
Feel free to add some other stuff to your posts as well; sprites are great as a visual guide! Having some song from YouTube or whatever to fulfill an aesthetic is fine too!

Example post, from a previous gen's version of this thread:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Torterra @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 72 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wide Guard

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 220 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Rock Slide

This is a random team that I built a few months ago, basically I just felt like building with Torterra and winging it from there. I started out with Mega Charizard Y + Torterra, figuring that there could be some synergy between the two and that Wide Guard can support the former. At that point, it went from supporting the duo by getting stuff that can deal with threats; Scrafty was somewhat useful for limiting physical attackers with Intimidate and dealing with Hydreigon, while Substitute Aegislash is there to deal with Latios and other stuff while giving me another possible wincon. Offensive Thundurus is there for the speed control, as decent-ish bird answer, and as another answer to Waters because heck yeah screw them; it's also there to just give the team more of a punch as an attacker. HP Ice is because Hydreigon is a PTA, not like I'll miss Flash Cannon for Mega Diancie since Thunderbolt will still hit like a truck and I have plenty of ways around it. Kyurem-B is there for the Speed safety net and serves as a way to gun down opposing Scarf Landorus-T, with Rock Slide as the final move for reasons you should already know. Overall, this is just a fun squad that I use occasionally, it's good enough that I could prolly use it in a serious tour game lol but yeah.
What is the purpose of this thread?
As stated above, this thread is meant to be a place where anyone can post a team they want to share with everyone without having to write a full RMT. This is not a place to dump your entire builder, but a place to showcase teams you think represent your best work or an innovative strategy. You even have a chance to be featured in the Team Showcase (coming soon)! Additionally, this can be a place for discussion about teambuilding trends or ideas. Posts like this one or this one, for example, now have a new home!

Happy posting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Topped the ladder with these guys today. I wanted to make a good stall squad because people were being very reactionary about strong offensive guys and saying things like Flutter Mane and Chi Yu need a ban, and I thought it would be funny to beat them with Chansey. Also, I didn't want to wait for SMB to do it first.

Playing
The team plays pretty smoothly: go into the Pokemon that won't die, get up hazards and heal when you can, repeat. Scan the opponents team at preview and if you see no poison types and no compelling evidence that you'll need to spin away hazards, go ahead and get those tspikes up asap. If you see DonBOZO just be mindful of Wo-Chien and Chanseys HP and you should be fine. If you see an Amoonguss it's worth devoting some mental horsepower to preserving Gothitelle in order to trap it, but Arcanine can hurt it and tera type to block spore, and Chansey has Natural Cure if something needs to take a sleep.

Pokes
There are some specific choices here, but for EVs I just stacked 252 because I didn't come up with a meaningful benchmark that was better and I felt like the field of stuff to play against was too broad to hone in on anything.
1669236985868.png
holds Sitrus Berry to be able to take a Shadow Ball from Flutter Mane, heal up, then take a Dark Pulse from Chi Yu. You don't quite need Max SpD to tank this, but you need lots so I went with lots + a little more. I shared this team with Yuichi, who prefers Protect over Morning Sun so I think the call there comes down to personal taste. Flamethrower is used over Flare Blitz for Def boosting Pokemon like Garganacl and Corviknight that show up and you want to at least burn recovery PP and at most do relevant damage. Tera Type Grass is to ignore Spore and resist water but Arcanine doesn't often tera.
1669236982189.png
Max SpD with Heal Pulse because this is a team that heals up. Goth is tera type grass for the same reason as Arcanine but doesn't often tera either (although more often that Arcanine!). Seems like people are pretty closed off to the idea of not banning goth which is a shame, but I had fun with it and for what it's worth it certainly never felt too good to use or play against. If you wanted to rework the team without Goth just make sure this slot beats Amoonguss and get in a replacement healing move somewhere if you can.
1669236975942.png
Has thunderbolt lol. This was Shadow Ball for a long time because Chansey needs something to at least chip away at Flutter Mane, but the damage is so negligible that you're basically just going for the 10% status effect and para seemed more detrimental than the SpD drop. Ice Beam might be even more frightening (or icy wind) but Thunderbolt also does relevant damage to Gyarados and Pelipper who threaten the rest of the team with strong/super effective coverage or U-turning out in the case of Pelipper. Tera type is fairy for when you have to eat a hit from Iron Hands or some other fighting but it doesn't come up often.
1669236989546.png
Snail is so much fun. Credits to Yuichi for putting me onto this guy. Demonic moveset with a top 1% ability. Tera Type water shrinks the already small number of checks drastically and gets rid of the 4x weakness to Pollen Puff and U-turn. This guy Teras often, and almost always vs DonBOZO.
1669236992860.png
Absolute demon. So insanely fat that Leftovers Recovery on its own can actually feel insurmountable against a lot of teams. If you can get up a layer or 2 or 3 and start clicking whirlwind this guy can solo. Teratype fairy changes the bug and fighting weaknesses to resists of course, but also gives this guy staying power vs Flutter Mane, Iron Bundle, and others. It's not crucial that Ting-resists those hits but often he will need to survive 1 or 2. This guy teras all of the time.
1669237014042.png
This was originally (and for quite awhile) a Toxic Spikes/Haze Gengar but I felt the need to swap to Glimmora after hearing that others were using hazard stack teams and I wanted to clear them. Mortal spin is a really cool move and team needs tspikes and something to absorb them. This is tera type normal because it seemed like a good idea in my head to be able to take a couple of hits from more types but this has a Focus Sash to more reliably get up both layers and I don't think I ever clicked tera type with it. If you have a better type (flying maybe) lemme know. Shoutouts qsns for the recommendation. EDIT: qsns told me he used tera type flying on this and clicked it once so that's what I'll run now.

Biggest threats:
1)
1669239036865.png
2)
1669239041564.png
+
1669239157718.png
3)
1669239179461.png
if tera type grass

Some replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1718122108-uttb2nwcsm9m1bno19f5jhbr60z83lrpw vs Mizu
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1718148377-qbav2620m5r6jnggxfcji2fh5bmwkggpw vs Reli
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1718260075-67v2n88gb1v0boizvqy8qd3mebiipenpw Mirror match vs Yuichi
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1718628804-zkjeuo7ymofb1kvtnbw3fcyi550kgj3pw vs Flutter Mane + Chi Yu & Donzo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1719049078-6gm8p1h9njzgavg5w6shxv5v36an4mmpw vs some other guy who was neck & neck with me on the climb, worth watching how to deal with Grass Garganacl if you want to use this team yourself (hazards + whirlwind)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1719126408-s2kyfk3ub2ey04kbgrwgni7jqvd0uvdpw vs Jim22
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1719204796-dkqynozevwiz01xtjv228ixredofns4pw This replay actually has Glimmora! This guy forfeited the turn before I could heal pulse his Arcanine to make sure Tatsugiri and Dondozo couldn't be on the field together, I thought it was funny.

1669236642547.png

Last edited:

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
In order to push my deep state agenda of getting Shadow Tag banned, I have decided to give the people a team to use so it gets banned quicker. Thank me later. Is the team good? Literally no clue but I've been winning with it so I must've done something right

:gothitelle: :flutter-mane: :chi-yu: :torkoal: :iron-hands: :lilligant:
https://pokepast.es/0111b929c2c8b175

This is an extremely simple concept, Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu are extremely strong and, when paired with sun, can make entire teams crumble while both are on the field. Their common checks are Pokemon like Tyranitar and Ting-Lu, so a Fighting-type such as Iron Hands that had the bulk to switch in and could adequately threaten both naturally fit well. In addition, Chi-Yu can threaten a trapped Amoonguss, which makes Iron Hands (or Lilligant!) substantially more threatening. Lilligant helps with Water-types and Ting-Lu as well as spamming Sleep Powder and having After You, all of which are valuable to this team (I also just like the mon lol). Honestly Gothitelle can run whatever outside of Fake Out and Trick Room and still work fine, Hypnosis is just funny and Heal Pulse is helpful for sustaining Iron Hands and Torkoal. Don't wanna explain every single bit about the team since it'll hopefully be obsolete soon, but most of the tera types are either to take a hit or just for the extra power (besides goth, which i didn't bother to think about). Now go out there and get Shadow Tag banned!

Hey guys! im new to the forum, but have been active on showdown since this summer. I know a lot of you doubles OU players are seeing this comp, or something alike it, take over the ladder. I've modified the average comp ever so slightly to provide a bit more coverage! Heres the team explanation:

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Liquidation
- Earthquake

- Yawn

Dondozo is gonna be one of the two main sweepers of this team. With its incredibly high HP, good bulk, and great attack, Dondozo serves as a spectac wallbreaker in this comp. Additionally, it also has access to Unaware, which is great against avid swords dancers and bulk uppers, such as Iron Valiant, Corviknight, you get the drift.

Flamigo @ Leftovers
Ability: Costar
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost

- Swords Dance

Next up is Flamigo. A new but deadly pokemon if i do say so myself hehehe. With its ability Costar, it's able to mimick the stat changes Dondozo would've received from Tatsugiri (more on this later). Think of its ability as psych up on switch in! Additionally, its access to Roost and S-Dance, combined with Steel terra type makes it able to mitigate main threats, like Kilowattrel, Chi-Yu, etc etc.

Tatsugiri @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Commander
Level: 50
EVs: 1 HP / 4 Spe
Mild Nature

- Endure

This is where it gets interesting, you're actually gonna lead with Tatsugiri in this comp nyahaha (as you would have probably already known). Tatsugiris unique ability, Commander, allows it to buff all of Dondozos stats harshly, in exchange for neither of them being able to switch out. This is where endure and toxic orb comes into play! With Skuntanks explosion doing chip damage on the first 2 opponents as well as getting Tastugiris HP down to 1 with the use of endure, its able to let Dondozo switch in, letting it gain the buff from commander. Because Tatsugiri is completely immobile once Dondozo switches in, the use of toxic orb will kill Tatsugiri off after Dondozo switches in, opening a slot for a better contestant (Flamigo comes in after Tatsugiri to activate Costar).

Chi-Yu @ Leftovers
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Grass

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

- Psychic

With its amazing special attack/defense and speed stat, combined with access to Nasty Plot, Chi-Yu provides coverage against grass, ice, bug, ghost, and psychic wallbreakers in opposing OU double teams, such as Annihilape, Baxcalibur, Dragapult, Espathra, and more. Additionally, if an opposing team uses torkoal sun setup, this benefits Chi-Yu even further, as it can even 2 shot Chansey in sun. Amazing addition :)

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stench
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature

- Explosion

Not much to say about this big guy, stench with explosion is great for the flinch chance, very crucial when doing the Tatsugiri & Dondozo setup, can be opted out for choice scarf Dragapult with U-Turn.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff
- Stun Spore

- Spore

Last but certainly not least is Amoonguss (funny haha joke) ! Its great status moves and amazing HP stat make it a good status move user when Chi-Yu takes the lead. Pollen Puff can be opted out for rage powder if a threat is on field and you need Nasty Plot :)

TEAM SETUP

1- Skuntank and Tatsugiri are sent out together. Skuntank explodes, and Tatsugiri endures.

2- Switch in Dondozo to receive commander buff from Tatsugiri, move one turn and Tatsugiri faints from orb.

3- Switch in Flamigo to get the same buffs as Dondozo from Costar ability, and go ham :)

The rest is in your hands! I really hope you guys try out my comp, original Tatsugiri and Dondozo idea goes to Foofootoo on YT so go support him! This is my first post so would appreciate some love, feedback, and constructive criticism. Thank you!!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Platinum God n1n1's 1,000th post on Smogon
1300 on ladder, double weather

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head

Houndstone @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Respects
- Play Rough
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 224 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Snarl
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Aurora Veil

Stratos Scizor (Scizor) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- Protect

I dont know much about this gen, so I'm sure this team will evolve over time. This is the first one I built. I know these mons would work well together since they are all good and have synergy back to at least gen5. The only new guy is the Ghost Sand Rusher, he is incredibly strong with the Ghost move.
I make Ttar bulky to be a reliable sand setter. Dragon Tail is a soft TR check and Iron Head is the 4th move to hit fairies. Rotom is standard scarf set, Trick is another way to help disrupt TR teams and to disrupt the annoying crap some people be using. The last TR check is filled with Roar on Arcanine who is a really good bulky Intimate. I need Aboma for the second weather and to add some important coverage move Grass and Ice. Its move set is really great this gen. Lastly Scizor fills both the steel and TW roles.

Here are some of my old gen teams that inspired this team. These old gen teams are extremely reliable and fun to use

Gen5

Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Toxic
- Feint

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Stratos Scizor (Scizor) @ Steel Gem
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gen6

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Air Cutter

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast

For my 1,000th post I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to the metagame, FU to the haters, and thanks to everyone whose helped, supported me and made this game lots of fun through the years. Theres too many to mention and I dont want to leave anyone out, but a special shout out to Arcticblast , Hashtag and Bless for having my back through tough times.
And special shout out to all the guys who have fun fights with me on Showdown. If you see me on showndown, I'm almost always up for a game gen5 though 9

1669743708574.png

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
since i haven't posted anything pokemon related in a while, heres the team i've been laddering with (1635 at the time of this post)

https://pokepast.es/11520c9dd6a5e738

theres not a lot to say about this team its just spamming the brokens semi room, the EVs are just 252/252 except giraffe which lives final gambit from max hp ape (you can change this i just dont like getting memed on ladder)

I've been having a blast with fullroom these past couple of days, and while I haven't exactly been tearing up the ladder, the team seems pretty consistent

:farigiraf: :hatterene: :kingambit: :iron-hands: :amoonguss: :rotom-heat:
Farigiraf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Armor Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 26 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Night Shade

Hatterene @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Pulse

Kingambit @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Assurance
- Iron Head
- Protect

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Pollen Puff
- Sludge Bomb
- Rage Powder

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Protect
The leads I've liked in particular have been giraf + iron hands and hatt+hands/king. Covert cloak hatt blocks fake out so hatt essentially can't be disabled, so lead it into opponents who want to fake out/taunt. Lots of stuff could be optimized on the team, but I think fullroom really has a lot of potential, especially when home comes out.

Yoda edit: added sprites

Here's a team I've been really enjoying (and winning):
:Murkrow: :Talonflame: :Kilowattrel: :Brambleghast: :Tinkaton: :Chi-Yu:

Focused on :Kilowattrel:'s Wind Power ability and :Brambleghast:'s Wind Rider ability, this team utilizes Tailwind to not only make your Pokémon faster, but also hit harder. I usually lead with :Murkrow: and :Kilowattrel:, and always use Tailwind with :Murkrow: first. Using :Kilowattrel:'s Thunderbolt or Air Slash while it is charged can result in some MASSIVE OHKOs. Alternatively, :Brambleghast: is a great physical wallbreaker with a difficult typing for your opponents to deal with. Additionally, Tailwind allows :Tinkaton: to pop off, and take decisive OHKOs with Gigaton Hammer. :Chi-Yu: has a similar role; it can take really easy KOs with a wide-coverage moveset that can deal huge special damage. :Talonflame: is here as a backup Tailwind setter, and really doesn't offer much else. You might want to consider another Tailwind setter.
Other than that, I'd say this team is extremely solid, and would highly recommend you all to try it! Thanks for reading!

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
iron bundle+cb dragonite
7089B2CF-C6C4-48E6-AB48-3EC915C7D65E.png
56B70145-F879-4958-9CB6-2759B1AB6CDC.png
BF081B88-C42E-4125-B5B7-E78C5847E0C8.png
D6E2D56E-36FA-492A-A01C-56D7E02C3A1E.png
8AE76516-109C-4EC3-BBDF-CEB06EBA5E76.png
B5B8EE2B-1B6E-4431-B16D-ADC7E9DE3132.png

https://pokepast.es/66c6f2b62a3bd301
1671848223317.png

description:

0369BF44-8E80-414D-88F8-B323C20ADD67.png
is a great control speed role,it is the second fastest unboosted pokemon in the game,only second to dragapult。But it is so fragile that cannot be attacked for many time。Iron Bundle+Chi-yu is a great combo

687101D5-774F-4C13-9B40-9003370F137D.png
extreme speed can change war situation

E3E73F41-FE15-4D1D-90E8-6F54E8707DE3.png
tool drivers in sunny days and thug in trick room

45F6CAEB-3402-4D4C-A22D-57F541DE9ECF.png
thug in sunny days,heat waves +icy wind can hit a lot of pokemon

45125791-7239-42B9-B395-139B886E0E55.png
tool drivers trick room and parry pre production skills

86BA2570-E95D-4E6E-BC19-DCA29F18570F.png
thug in sunny days and in trick room

replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1751457507-i51bkyzkp1plwxka8m3xi4r4kcedrcopw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1751466245-2dmkj6smrk9va3cdfra433a2vgxhg1ypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1751314909-kwo8lfevqkrzv8qcwcyi4gohs3nf044pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1751321574-2pxw7olj8pc5gc6g3driogsv2z11ubppw

Yoda edit: fixed pokepaste

Attachments

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Despite posting a ton in the bazaar last gen, I haven't posted anything here yet. Let's fix that

Hex Skeledirge Balance
:skeledirge: :palafin: :glimmora: :dragonite: :meowscarada: :ting lu:
https://pokepast.es/3a4c153b1711adb7

:skeledirge:
Skeledirge is pretty epic right now. Hex + Torch Song is a really strong STAB combo on Toxic Spikes teams, and it has ways to manually apply status with Will-O-Wisp. Tera Grass lets you resist Ground, which is a very common offensive type because of how good Earthquake is. It was originally Clear Amulet but Safety Goggles is nice because it allows you to come in on Spore without having to Terastallize, which is especially relevant because Dragonite really wants to have Tera available for it. The EVs allow you to OHKO Meowscarada, the remaining EVs are a dump into Special Defense to be as bulky as possible.

:Palafin:
I've talked about bulky Palafin before, but this set takes it to the next level. This set aims to maximize Palafin's bulk and allow it to trade damage with common attackers generally used to remove it. It's pretty much always using priority attacks anyway, so it's speed matters less. You also don't care as much about it's personal damage here, as it's mostly here to spread damage so that you can win with Skeledirge in the endgame. AV also allows it to act as a pseudo rain check and avoid the 2HKO from Iron Bundle's Life Orb boosted Freeze Dry while OHKOing back with Close Combat.

:glimmora:
Glimmora sets Toxic Spikes to apply status to anything coming in for the rest of the game as well as having a way to manually apply status and remove opposing hazards with Mortal Spin. Earth Power is also good for opposing Glimmora, which is a major obstacle in our objective of laying Toxic Spikes, as it will absorb them on switch in. Focus Sash also guarantees two activations of Toxic Debris and letting it survive one big hit to come back in to Mortal Spin later.

:dragonite:
Choice Band Dragonite gives you a secondary way to close out games by spamming Extreme Speed with hazard support. This was originally an Assault Vest Dragon Tail Salamence, but running Salamence over Dragonite here worsened the Iron Bundle matchup. While Dragonite still can't actually switch in on Iron Bundle, it has the abilitiy to OHKO it with Tera Normal Extreme Speed while holding Choice Band. Facade is a really cool option on it as well, allowing it to absorb burn and still sweep with Facade. The EVs allow you to outspeed neutral speed Glimmora and neutral speed Rotom appliances.

:meowscarada:
I've never really been a huge fan of Meowscarada, but I think it works really well here. Flower Trick is a huge part of the Garganacl matchup, allowing you to crit through it's boost before Tera. If it Terastallizes into a Steel or Grass-type to resist Flower Trick, Skeledirge now beats it with Torch Song. It's also one of the only pokemon in the game currently with Knock Off, which is an extremely spammable STAB move. Focus Sash with Trick Room allows you to set Trick Room against unsuspecting Murkrow Offense teams as well as reverse it against more standard Trick Room teams. Tera Ghost also makes you immune to Fake Out and Extreme Speed.

:ting lu:
Ting-Lu provides Spikes for additional hazard chip as well as Whirlwind to break down the opposing team while disrupting any setup or attempts at setting Trick Room. Protect could easily be used instead of Throat Chop, but Throat Chop allows you to shut down Sylveon and hit Houndstone. The EVs allow you to OHKO Chi-Yu with Stomping Tantrum as well as live Choice Band Palafin's Tera Water Jet Punch.

Conclusion

I really like this team. It has a lot of ways to passively and manually apply status to everything, and Skeledirge has a legitimate niche on this team and isn't easily replacable by the other more common Fire-types in the tier. I've been trying to make Skeledirge work for a while because I adore it's design, and I'm glad I finally landed on a team that uses it effectively.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
This is going in the samples soon + after 4 games everyone knows all the sets so might as well grab a few likes first

Rabsca Ape (pokepast.es link)
i built this team thinking, lol haha funny revival blessing. then it won a lot. then i realized it won way more than anything else i was trying. then every day before every dwcop game i would think, do i want to bring rabsca ape (a team that wins way more than anything else), or something else. and i always picked the team that won more.

i peaked the ladder during R1 of DWCoP with this team and proceeded to go 4-0 in dwcop with this team
topped.png

:rabsca:
Black Magic (Rabsca) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Revival Blessing
- Memento
- Bug Buzz
this funny little guy is the most eye catching mon in the team. i put it in because i thought, amoonguss in trickroom is mega broken and ape is slow and palafin jet punches everyone equally in or out of room anyways. basically i wanted an ounce of speedcontrol and looked at the list of trick room setters and figured, lol, okay, let's try this one
the typing sucks defensively and it's really hard to switch into things with rabsca. the good news is that you can sack things for a clean switch and then bring them back instead.
you also have screens and parting shots and if you really really need it fairy tera (can be any other tera that gives you resists to usually x2 moves) to get it off. but all in all this mon is mainly a shaky tr setter, which offers the unique utility of revival blessing which works super well with pollen puff, sometimes occasionally finds itself in positions to bugbuzz things down (115 base spatk in a dark-type filled metagame isn't so bad, can occasionally pressure stuff after setting tr), and otherwise GTFOs with memento to let the more important mons get back to work.
it's cute. despite my incessant propaganda it's not crazy good, but it's viable, it wins games that no other mons could win for you in the right conditions, it allows you to sack stuff without losing it permanently, it gives you 1.5 palafins to work with in match ups where palafin is really really good (of which there are a few).
if you don't want to have fun replace this with sr taunt tantrum whirlwind tinglu and get on with your boring life

:palafin-hero:
Sledgehammer (Palafin-Hero) @ Choice Band
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Jet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Flip Turn
palafin with 252 hp behind screens takes inexplicably little damage from shit like gholdengo etc. this mon has a very key duty in hitting the fuck out of frail attackers that could otherwise actually trouble me; chiyus and gholdengos in particular it's important that you position palafin aggressively to scare them out. this is a bit difficult if they are paired with amoonguss, who is a piece of shit bastard. there are also teams that just die to water tera palafin clicking jet punch a lot, also you need this to kill glimmora because none of the other mons in the team really touch it. this mon plugs a lot of potential gaps but you need to play it well. good luck

:arcanine:
Wildstyle (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
tier 0 mon, willowisp + morningsun single handedly wins so many games. flareblitz helps kill enemy shrooms (cringe) and espeed picks off offense mons after sashes and stuff, but its probably surplus to requirements as offense is already pretty free for this team. maybe psyfangs or helping hand could be okay instead. but espeed does help with glimmoras who are annoying piece of shit bastards otherwise sometimes

:annihilape:
The Horror (Annihilape) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 216 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
monke
people use vital spirit a lot but i think it's really dumb and bad and stupid, spore immunity really isnt that valuable because you simply tank everything for 3 turns and wake and keep going lol. if you REALLY want to switch apes into amoongs for whatever reason keep defiant but run goggles. getting juggled by intimidate and parting shot is just horrible and makes actually becoming threatening a real challenge. amoonguss kills you with toxic anyways. and if you really need to come back you can rabsca yourself back into position
substitute > protect is possible if you want to avoid said toxic and also the spores and also the willowisps but i never found too compelled, also hits on your sub don't boost rage fist so Ls all around. aguav could be lefties but i like goggles bluff (and on rare occasions scarf bluff ig) and the burst heal can come in real handy sometimes. do go lefties if you go sub though.
water tera is ok, but you die to flower trick and salt cure, which is not nice. fire tera does not die to flower trick but is weaker to garchomp. pick your poison

:amoonguss:
Alchemist (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pollen Puff
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
tier -1 mon this honestly needs to get banned. i wasnt around when jirachi was allowed in xy but i imagine it felt a lot like this except jirachi isn't an among us reference

:grimmsnarl:
Hungry Eyes (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 132 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spirit Break
- Parting Shot
- Reflect
- Light Screen
also secretly broken, though somewhat hampered by the fact that screenbreakers and amoonguss make it useless. still, fun guy.
the spread sucks because you still die 30% of the time or so to cb tera dnite espeed w chienpao ability. run a bit more def or find your own spreads to tank whatever

team in current version struggles mightily vs hazards fat (just sr is tough enough, death sentence if spikes also there) as well as select setuppers (sub defiant apes, np chiyu, np gholdengo to a lesser degree). dominating matchups vs anything that isn't dedicated to beating screens ape though.
with everyone realizing how batshit nonsense screens ape is i imagine better version of these structures as well as hard counters to them will continue rising in popularity, so i don't mind giving up the secret formula now. use it while it's still borderline viable

oh yeah any time i don't explain a spread it's because i just picked numbers that looked nice and it doesn't have any specific calcs behind it

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi! I got suspect reqs using nothing but LilliKoal and there is probably something seriously wrong with me

:lilligant: :torkoal: :flutter_mane: :chi-yu: :great_tusk: :dragonite:
Click the sprites for the team in importable format!

I talk a lot about how good teams shouldn't be built in pairs, but honestly, this team works pretty well in pairs. Fortunately, it also functions pretty well outside of those pairs. Lilligant in sun hits 612 Speed, and with four spread attackers on the team, it's pretty free to just click After You and let the actual attackers do damage. Flutter Chi is obviously messed up, but solo Flutter in sun isn't that far behind in damage, so it's good at putting a lot of pressure on the opponent to let other stuff switch around. This team is incredibly straightforward, but it can be difficult to play from behind, so picking good leads is super important.

:lilligant:
Lilligant (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- After You
- Pollen Puff / Protect

:torkoal:
Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Clear Smog / Earth Power / Body Press
- Protect

In practice, I led pretty much every game with either Flutter Chi or these two. Lilligant brings the double threat of Sleep Powder and After You off 612 Speed, and the Leaf Storms hurt too. Torkoal just clicks spread moves; sometimes with 76 Speed and sometimes with 612. In opposing weather matchups, Torkoal's survival is key, because an unchecked Houndstone or Palafin will absolutely demolish this team (and TTar can mess it up too). Beyond that, it's fine just clicking Eruption a lot. Pollen Puff and Clear Smog could be other things, but I had and took multiple chances to use them, so I stuck with them.

:flutter_mane:
Flutter Mane @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 60 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Protect

:chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat
- Memento / Shadow Ball / Snarl / ???

The other big duo. The Flutter Mane spread was popularized in DWCoP and I don't know if I could actually tell you what it does, but bulky Flutter is a menace, surviving tons of attacks that 55/55/135 should have no right to survive. Chi-Yu does Chi-Yu things; while I missed Protect a lot, Scarf was a huge asset. I never used Memento.

:great_tusk:
Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

:dragonite:
Dragonite @ Assault Vest
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

These two were incredibly important for the entire suspect run and really did a good job at being glue mons. Ice Spinner, Rapid Spin, and Brick Break gave the team outs against so many strategies, and the sheer bulk they provide is notable on its own. I actually found myself frequently using Tera on things other than Dragonite (mostly Flutter) because the Earthquake immunity and defensive typing felt so important; Dragon Claw was often enough damage to keep up pressure with Dragonite, and would at least leave things weakened for a spread attacker to finish off later. Tusk enjoys sitting next to Lilligant in sun too (Earthquake damage is not minimal, but not ruinous), and Close Combat HURTS. The Tusk EV spread lives either a Life Orb Chien-Pao Ice Spinner or a Tera Fairy Timid Flutter Dazzling Gleam from full HP.

Terastal priority:
:flutter_mane: > :dragonite: = :chi-yu: > :great_tusk: > :torkoal: > :lilligant:

Hiho,

I built this team to start laddering again and I am currently bumping up and down between 1400 and 1500 with this. A better battler could probably improve with slight changes: https://pokepast.es/721305f8d0c44c7a

Iron Moth @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Poison
Timid Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Heat Wave
- Acid Spray
- U-turn

I am using that one as a support. Struggle Bug to give survivability to slower mons, Acid Spray to break through some bulkier things like Sylveon or Farigiraf. Heat Wave is its only real attacking move to threaten stuff like Gholdengo, Rhabscara, the Dancer Set UP strats, etc. U-Turn purpose is mostly proc'ing Armarouges Weakness Policy.

Armarouge @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Heat Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Wide Guard

Pretty Standard, hit things with Expanding Force when Psychic Surge is up. Otherwise threaten the Ice-Leopard and others with Aura Sphere. Heat Wave for AoE damage. Wide Guard is self explanatory.

Indeedee-F @ Red Card
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Light Screen
- Trick Room

Fully supportive. HH is always good to have. Heal Pulse has given me insane value keeping Iron Hands and Armarouge in play. Trick Room mostly to counter other Trick Rooms, but also potentially if the opponent outspeeds the remaining mons in the late game. Light Screen mostly seems play against the Fire-Fish and other Armarouge players.

Palafin @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Wave Crash
- Drain Punch
- Jet Punch

Pretty standard. Drain instead of Ice Punch due to perceived consistency

Iron Hands @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch

Honestly the MVP here. Nice start with boosted Fake Out. Threatens a lot of the Metagame with the moves and solidly bulky.

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Scale Shot

Tail Wind setter and deleter of a lot of squishies. Its threat capacity often takes focus away from Iron Hands so those two together are nice starts.

My Tera Priority usually is either RM/Arma if Starter>Palafin>RM>Arma>Indeedee>All others.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Yo, it's me again! I haven't been playing too much SV since my last post, but i built a team that's pretty epic

Houndstone Sand Balance
:tyranitar: :ting lu: :houndstone: :salamence: :scizor: :tsareena:
https://pokepast.es/403c43084d23ca5f

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar
Tyranitar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Tail

I pretty much just copy and pasted this set from the MANY Tyranitar hazard stack teams from last gen, but it's still really good now, so why fix something that's not broken? Tyranitar is extremely bulky on the special side and is great at spreading damage with hazards + Dragon Tail. Ice Punch, while it won't OHKO Garchomp, will do a very respectable amount and has a solid chance of killing with Spikes up even without investment, though you may want to run a bit of attack investment anyway, it's really just user preference. Flying-type Tera lets it resist most of it's natural weaknesses, though keep in mind that you lose the boost from Sandstorm and are no longer immune to it.

:ting lu:
Ting-Lu
Ting-Lu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 44 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Heavy Slam
- Whirlwind
- Stomping Tantrum

Ting-Lu completes the hazard stack core, providing Spikes and Whirlwind. It also just weakens all special attackers with Vessel of Ruin, which is extremely useful in this meta. Heavy Slam specifically is useful for hitting Fairy-types like Sylveon and Grimmsnarl, as we have 3 pokemon weak to fairy and only one resist. Tera Fire could easily be Tera Rock for the Sandstorm boost, but I wanted the Fairy resistance to compensate for this team's lack of switch-ins to Sylveon.

:houndstone:
Houndstone
Houndstone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Last Respects
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast
- Trick

Houndstone is this team's late game cleaner. Last Respects is an amazing move, and allows it to easily dominate endgames once it's threats have been weakened. Play Rough further solidifies the Garchomp matchup, and Trick is a great disruption tool into bulkier teams, since pretty much nothing wants to be given a Choice Scarf on those kinds of teams. Houndstone is also really slow, so having Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed threats like Booster Energy Iron Bundle. Tera Fighting allows it to hit Normal-types with Tera Blast, and Ghost + Fighting is perfect coverage.

:salamence:
Salamence
Salamence @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Salamence is a pretty cool mon, and it adds a lot to the team. Intimidate is a great ability which gives it amazing defensive utility, and it's typing is also really good defensively. Fire Blast allows it to own Scizor and gives it a way to hit Gholdengo for decent damage. Hydro Pump could be changed for Dragon Tail or Air Slash but Hydro Pump improves the Chi-Yu matchup, and Water + Fire coverage is pretty good (See: Volcanion). Tera Steel is a great defensive Tera type for Dragon-types in general, and Salamence is no exception. The EVs allow it to live two Choice Banded Wave Crashes from Palafin after Terastallizing. The 4 speed doesn't do anything, it's just aesthetically nice.

:scizor:
Scizor
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

I've been seeing a lot of people say Scizor is hard to justify now that Flutter Mane is gone, and I don't really see it personally, I love this guy. Scizor is also very useful in endgame scenarios and is the main source of immediate damage for this team. Bullet Punch and U-Turn is still an extremely potent STAB combination because Bullet Punch is extremely spammable and U-Turn hits everything that switches in to stop you from clicking Bullet Punch (Farigiraf, Tsareena, Indeedee, and for what it's worth Bruxish) while gaining momentum at the same time. This mon is still extremely scary and works very well here. Close Combat could be swapped for Brick Break for a screenbreaker, but Close Combat has better damage calcs (OHKOing Tera Normal Dragonite is the big one) and Annihilape is 100% getting banned soon. Rock-type Tera would be amazing here to get the SpDef boost in Sandstorm, but you need Water so you don't lose to Palafin.

:tsareena:
Tsareena
Tsareena @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tsareena is here to help with the priority spam matchup. Houndstone in Sand is the fastest and, depending on how many of your pokemon are dead, strongest pokemon in the tier, but it hates priority attacks like Sucker Punch, which make it basically dead weight as it will just die as soon as it attacks. Tsareena solves this problem by blocking Sucker Punch and other priority attacks with Queenly Majesty, and can remove opposing hazards with Rapid Spin. Taunt is also useful in the Trick Room matchup.

Threats

All of these matchups are playable, but you'll need to play carefully around these

:indeedee-f: + :armarouge:

:gholdengo: (if Nasty Plot)

:iron hands:

Tera Priority with this team is pretty tricky bc it's not really a flowchart, all of the teras (except like Tsareena) are just about equally useful depending on the matchup. If I had to make a Tera Priority chart though, it would probably look like this:

:scizor: > or = :houndstone: > :ting lu: > :salamence: > :tyranitar: >>> :tsareena:

I don't have much else to say about this team. It's not really anything crazy, but I think it's a pretty fun team and I like it a lot. Have a nice day :D

I thought this team was pretty cool so maybe other players might enjoy using it :p

Pult.jpg

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
EVs: 212 Atk / 100 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Yawn
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Kowtow Cleave

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Memento
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Toedscruel @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mycelium Might
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 196 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Rage Powder
- Trick Room

DWCOP team dump

Pools :
vs Qwello Lee :ting-lu::amoonguss::arcanine::dragonite::annihilape::flutter-mane:
I took six broken mons that went well together and put them in one team. Power Gem is only for Arcanine and Heavy Slam for Flutter Mane.
Replay

vs Lucky-Sama :ting-lu::amoonguss::arcanine::dragonite::annihilape::flutter-mane:
Same team except I switched up some sets in case Lucky-Sama scouted, just to mess with him. Safety goggles Ting Lu gives you a huge edge in the Annihilape Amonguss mirror. Low Kick is mainly for Garganacl.
Replay

vs RelicanthPrimal :hatterene::amoonguss::armarouge::torkoal::iron-hands::indeedee-f:
He seemed to like ape rain so i wanted Trick Room. JRL passed me this amazing team which is now the sample.
Replay

Semis :
vs MADARAAAA :scream-tail::chi-yu::salamence::wo-chien::indeedee-f::annihilape:
I didn't know what to play, and then i looked through the Scream Tail moves, realized it had Fake Tears and immediatly started building a team around that. Here's the thing about Wo-Chien, it is an amazing Pokemon to mitigate offense, but the only good set on balanced team is Assault Vest. Leech Seed Protect Leftovers is a huge momentum loss and fails to properly challenge the big 3 of special attackers, whereas it does with AV. Max def Body Press Ohko's Chi-Yu after Stealth Rocks damage, Gholdengo falls to Knock Off/Snarl and Bundle dies to Giga Drain with the proper investment. The built-in Reflect just makes it a nightmare for physical Pokemon.
Replay

Semis tiebreaker :
vs Umbry :iron-hands::farigiraf::amoonguss::chien-pao::dragonite::skeledirge:
From scouting, it seemed like umbry loved Gholdengo and Tailwind, so I wanted to use Iron Hands semiroom against that. Frania and Nephtyrix convinced me to put Toxic an hour before playing, which turned out to be a game-winning decision.
Replay

Finals :
vs Lemurro:iron-jugulis::tsareena::sylveon::pelipper::garchomp::palafin:
Lemurro seemed to like screens ape, rain counters slow ape teams so I brought that. Lemurro brought murkrow offense, which is a bad matchup for rain, my reads during the game were wrong as well and I lost. Max speed Sylveon is interesting because it outpseed no Spe Annihilape and Murkrow. Bulky Jugulis is a great set as well, that easily lives to set Tailwind a second time.
Replay

Finals tiebreaker :
vs stax :armarouge::wo-chien::iron-bundle::indeedee-f::annihilape::glimmora:
So the team is a bit unconventional, from scouting stax seemed to always be weak to Fairy so I added Tera Blast Fairy as an option. Iron Bundle is Booster because Tailwind Roaring Moon is too threatening for this team. I don't think it's top tier, but I ended up with perfect positioning for Bulk Up Annihilape during the game and it ended fast.
Replay

Big shout-out to everyone on the European Discord who helped me build, scout and practice, the advice on teams and matchups were very useful and I certainly wouldn't have performed as well as I did if it weren't for you. So thank you to my great teammates Frania, Tenzai, JRL, Givrix, Lily, Voltix, Yoda2798, Sirwings, yuki, Frixel, and to our great helpers Tony, BluBird, Nephtyrix and Eric. And thanks as well to Waffle2O2O and the DOU discord people for the help in learning to teambuild effectively.

Last edited:

eragon

retired unmon enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
DWCOP Winner Team Dump
Pools:

Game 1 vs milltankmilk
Flutter Mane full room
:armarouge: :flutter mane: :torkoal: :iron hands: :indeedee-f: :garganacl:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1735244165
This team was really fun to pilot in the initial weeks of the format, having flutter around allows trick room teams to function much more effectively by providing another way to win games. Most of these sets are pretty standard, power gem on flutter allows it to deal more damage to Chi-Yu, Garganacl provides an alternate win con if psyspam doesn't outright win the game. This team's damage output allows it to end games very quickly, as seen in the match. I also used this very effectively in the later flutter suspect. If flutter returns when home drops, I think comps similar to this will be a decent counter to the inevitable HO teams that will arise.

Game 2 vs xqiht
Flutter Mane Sand
:tyranitar: :houndstone: :chi-yu: :flutter mane: :amoonguss: :palafin:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1736999099-cvocgxfn2tppk5psbaxcx48kd4pxsxwpw
This is a sand team primarily centered around breaking through teams with Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane in the early game and cleaning up with Houndstone late game. The main thing I want to highlight here is the potency of scarf overheat chi-yu in a flutter meta, allowing ridiculous damage output at a high speed. The palafin is also a bulk up set, which pairs nicely with amoonguss.

Game 3 vs Voltix
Weak Armor Semiroom
:iron bundle: :iron hands: :torkoal: :indeedee-f: :roaring moon: :armarouge:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1744000071-m8se75je6t69m5f8npvt3bcltpulpmvpw
This was my first team in a flutter-less meta, and it is definitely a bit of a gimmick. However, it was solid, and despite a pretty difficult matchup, it was able to prevail thanks to the ridiculous bulk of iron hands.

Semifinals
Vs shadowmonstr7
Stantler Screens
:sylveon: :wo-chien: :annihilape: :glimmora: :grimmsnarl: :stantler:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-666461
This is easily my favorite team from the tour, stantler is actually kinda good, especially when paired with ape due to damage reduction and skill swapping intimidate to the opponent to activate defiant. I think it is a testament to the team that it was able to defeat a team with two defiant mons. This was also the beginning of when I realized just how ridiculously good glimmora is and how stupid ape was. Sylveon rounds out the team as a trick room special attacking option.

Finals vs Yoda2798
Copperajah Trick room offense
:copperajah: :indeedee-f: :torkoal: :armarouge: :amoonguss: :hatterene:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1772597773-ni9qo7wm1kc5hcxjv9g36cgpi9grizypw
My third attempt at bringing armarouge was also my only loss of the tournament. This team was pretty much a gimmick aimed at utilizing sheer force copperajah to blow past bulky teams. I pretty much just replaced the iron hands from the sample team with copperajah and called it a day. This team pretty much loses to chi-yu iron bundle, as seen in the replay, but I actually don't think the problem was with the copperajah. I think similar ideas with a more updated trick room core could be very solid. Copperajah is a very underestimated mon- it does damage that is pretty much unrivaled if positioned correctly. If I had to build this again in a post annihilape meta, I would build it with sand and possibly tera rock elephant.

Finals Tiebreakers vs Tenzai
Rotom-Wash Priority
:chien-pao: :dragonite: :rotom-wash: :roaring moon: :glimmora: :arcanine:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1780032541-4678uzgqxhgklrm5pn2im5bcfkygv52pw
This is probably the most fine tuned team in this post due to the importance of the game. There are options on this team to deal with pretty much any meta threat, and there is high comeback potential with this team. Dragonite and Chien-Pao is a truly menacing combination, forcing specific counterplay. Rotom-Wash allows for shutting down Annihilape with trick and doing high damage with specs hydro pump. Rotom is ev'd to live tera normal espeed from dragonite with chien-pao on the field. Glimmora once again makes an appearance, providing an additional way of dealing with bulky options with mortal spin and breaking sashes with stealth rock. Roaring Moon doubles as an ape and amoonguss check that can also set tailwind, affording the team greater flexibility. Arcanine can do large damage with its max attack and pick off unsuspecting targets with espeed. Tera water with cc also allows a backup plan to deal with iron bundle and chi yu. Chien Pao can also be goggles on this team if you really don't like amoonguss and could also have sacred sword > brick break. Dragonite is pretty straight-forward, shoutouts to fespy for getting me to add stomping tantrum. Overall probably my second favorite team from this tour, it was able to defeat a very difficult matchup in the final game of the tour to earn myself and US West the victory.

Shoutouts to the entire US West squad for pulling together to win this tour and helping me with these teams. This was a great experience and I'm looking forward to other team tours in the future!

West Coast Best Coast!

https://pokepast.es/df024a09022d57a6

Ape's been banned, its time for a new hell. Ive always liked to play with "honest"/consistent sets, so nothing like ally switch and focusblast/blind hurricanes, but that doesn't mean I never thought of using haxy stuff. As in dpl i brought a twave spam team cuz it looked legitimately consistent, by winning with hax over time.

With SV, we got 2 new powerful hax tools so i thought of making a team abusing both. The main point of this team is to prove a point to ban these terrible aspects of the game, that while rarely used should just be banned for uncompetitiveness. Turns out evasion abilities were once banned but got unbanned?? a shame.

So its garchomp on sand, and kings rock maus. 41.6095 chance to flinch with maus overall, like a slightly stronger ironhead with more bp, i think the avg is around 100 i forgot the exact number.

I made this team in middle of dwcop, ttar set im not too sure of, idea is just trading aggressively and getting as much chances to rockslide flinch as you can thanks to tw, while having passive hax chances with pop bomb and chomp. Chomp is tera rock to get a free av when it wants while boosting rockslide, tho tera ground also works obviously. u only have 1 immune so be wary. Overall, its a ok team, lets say tier 2, but it can win with hax thanks to having a lot of chances to do so, pushing it further than a team of this caliber should manage.

If we were to ban stuff, Id want kingsrock banned for uncompetitiveness, and then under evasion clause, the evasiona bilities, bright powder and acupressure are added.

HF

Last edited:
Usually the teams I post on the Dou Bazaar thread are shit but I can confidently say that this team will win you games in tournament. Its up to you if you want to use it or not but the gameplan is simple; your main win conditions are CM Sylveon and Bulk Up Palafin. Tera Dragon Amoonguss plays a big part in the team due to the resistances it gets from the typing. Farigiraf helps out with opposing priority moves and it needs tech since it usually gets doubled up on. Kingambit laughs at amoonguss while holding safety goggles and great tusk is there to set up hazards while simultaneously removing them for your team. Stab Close Combat and Headlong rush is also pretty nice to have.

1674804108738.png

Kingambit @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 140 HP / 140 Atk / 12 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 4 SpA / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pollen Puff
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 184 HP / 96 Def / 168 SpA / 60 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Farigiraf @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Armor Tail
EVs: 180 Def / 252 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Trick Room

Great Tusk @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Palafin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Def / 240 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wave Crash
- Jet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Last edited:

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
Bax+Iron Valiant
This is the team I used in Ape's sus. My friend played this team successfully and won rank # 2. So I wrote this rmt. If you can understand Chinese, you can read this article:http://47.94.147.145/topic/2746/sv-dou-jj龙-铁武者-peak-1878-rank-2
1675438936968.png
is my friend
1675438960586.png
is me
Team
1675439005996.png
1675439017870.png
1675439027179.png
1675439035389.png
1675439046727.png
1675439054651.png

https://pokepast.es/e5b152ee20a128bf
1675439361486.png

Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room
iron valiant has excellent atk and spa.It has a good strength with life orb,although it just 20atk,but it also can 2HKO ting-lu easily.And wide guard and trick room can better targeted at trick room.
1675439795700.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Protect
The bax is not too many spe,because i think hp is more than spe,248hp can take a wound like Chien-Pao Sacred Sword,scarf Chi-Yu overheat and so on.And 64 spe can also make it faster than dragapult after tailwind.
1675439742993.png

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick Room
Trick room miniyu can better targeted at trick room.
1675439751296.png

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Quash
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Haze
Quash murkrow can can make teammates faster than their opponents, even if they are in the trick room or tail wind ends.
1675439772254.png

Meowscarada @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
Adamant Meowscarada can 1HKO Gholdengo,but meow cant overspeed Roaring Moon and Iron Jugulis.
1675439782699.png

Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
Specs ghildengo,but i add 104 hp,because it can cause harm like Chien-Pao Sacred Sword after tera balst.

Difficult to handle Pokemon
Fire type like Torkoal,Arcanine,Chi-Yu etc.
Gholdengo,steel+ghost make bax,iron valiant unable to cause effective damage to it.

That is all,thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Hail Hazard Stack

:Glimmora::Gyarados::Iron-Hands::Iron-Bundle::Ting-Lu::Abomasnow:

https://pokepast.es/cd92bdfc5975bd01

I've had a lot of success with this team, winning a tough winter ssnl game and reaching #1 on the ladder. It started off as an attempt to explore non-Fanroom methods to make use of hail, and I really like throwing already unkillable mons behind veil and racking up hazard damage. The general gameplan is to leverage the team's bulk and consistently make positive trades, and cleaning with Bundle or Hands late game.

:Glimmora: Hazard bot but offers nice defensive synergy as a switch in to fire attacks. Much of the team's gameplan involves winning the hazard game so its important not to throw this away for no reason. Keeping hazards off is almost as important as keeping them up. Spiky Shield is great for chip, positioning, and can come in clutch at times for breaking sashes on lead. Power Gem is generally strong and keeps it from being 100% walled by anything but EP could probably work as well.

:Gyarados: Mostly serves as a disruptor, but a very underrated mon with great role compression (T5 on VR smh). Dissuades setup and spore with taunt, offers secondary speed control and hax opportunity with T-wave, phazing with D-tail, and Waterfall spreads non-negligible damage to even neutral targets. Also Gyarados is a pretty good counter to Great Tusk which would otherwise give this team some trouble. This slot started off as AV Palafin but Gyarados's utility offers way more to the team imo.

:Iron-Hands: Honestly the more I play with this the better I think it is. Insane base stats + Swords Dance allows for it to go fully unga-bunga defense investment behind veil and become basically unkillable while still doing massive damage. Amazing synergy with Hail, this thing is needed on any Hail team imo. I think dropping Thunder Punch for other coverage is a legit option, as well as alternative tera-types such as water or fire. SD Hands+Hazards so good.

:Iron-Bundle: Max speed to tie opposing Bundle without booster (often relevant late game). Enough Spa to OHKO Chi-Yu with Hydro, and the rest in HP to maximize bulk. With AV behind veil it takes hits quite well and hits hard enough with Blizzard or Hydro. There's always the freeze chance which can come in clutch. Its not really doing much pivoting so I dropped Flip-turn.

:Ting-Lu: Standard Ting-Lu doing standard Ting-Lu things. Throat Chop is nice for the random utility and to not be walled by ground immunes. Tested Snarl in that slot as well to help against Psyspam, but I like the immediate damage more. Taunt is also valid but doubling up with Gyara isn't ideal.

:Abomasnow: Spread stolen from a Fanroom paste I found and adjusted just a little bit. Not really sure what the EVs do but It takes physical hits pretty well and I generally don't have too much trouble getting veil up. Dropped Earth Power for protect as I was never clicking it and the extra positioning is nice. The hail defense boost is really nice for this mon and the grass typing is nice for an EQ resist and spore immunity. Definitely an underrated mon.

ssnl vs JRL: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1794572483

ladder1.png

Last edited:
Dudunsparce God Mode
https://pokepast.es/2f3fa49d453dd4db

Got me high.
Quick breakdown: Lead Dudunsparce, Maushold. Double protect if potential fake out. Tera Psychic Dudunsparce, Mausehold beat up into Dudunsparce. Dudunsparce boomburst or stored power. Try to switch flamigo in for costar or baton pass to Ttar or Gholdengo. If anyone has improvements for this team please send them to me.
1676239585659.png

Drilling Darryl (Dudunsparce-Three-Segment) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Rattled
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpA
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Stored Power
- Boomburst

PopulationistPolly (Maushold-Four) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Fake Tears

Guilded Garreth (Gholdengo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Fricking Funny Man (Flamigo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Costar
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Liquidation

Sussy Saul (Amoonguss) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff

Tuber Theo (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 126 Atk / 126 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

eragon

retired unmon enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
Spiritomb Hard Trick Room (1800+ DOU Ladder)
1676608283450.png
(may try to get #1 later)
This team may seem like a joke, but this team is actually really fun to play and it definitely surpassed my expectations (I only lost like once after adding Iron Hands), so hear me out if you would:
:copperajah: :perrserker: :spiritomb: :iron hands: :maushold: :hatterene:
Explanation:
I said I was going to take a break, which I kind of did (for like a week lol), but the memes dragged me back and I decided to build around Copperajah again, having been unsatisfied with my previous iteration which I lost with in DWCOP to Yoda. Generally, it just does ridiculous damage. This time, I decided on Perrserker and Spiritomb as partners, Perrserker to enable Copperajah to do ridiculous damage, and Spiritomb as a tr setter with damage reduction. Perrserker has fake out utility and is slow enough to function well on trick room. Helping Hand can boost Copperajah even further, and its own Iron Heads hit pretty hard too, with CC as a way to ko the numerous fighting weaks in the format under tr. Spiritomb genuinely impressed me, its quite bulky with base 108 defenses. Its access to both snarl and will-o-wisp allows it to nicely support the rest of the team, especially belly drum iron hands, which loves the extra damage reduction (I will say, you don't want to necessarily rely on hitting wisp to win, most of my very few losses were due to missing it). Belly drum Iron Hands is also really solid, it enables the team to output damage outside of the Perrserker-Copperajah duo (Tera grass is kinda broken on it, more people should run that). Maushold provides redirection and a faster mode to the team to shred other tr teams (it is ev'd to outspeed Garchomp, with max attack and an HP dump). Hatterene enables an additional tr mode, slotting in nicely to the team as an Amoonguss check.
Games:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1801343443-vbm7z5pxzy682l00aqkws1bi4cnreohpw vs Bage1, early variation of the team but I think this game showcases Perrserker's value pretty well
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1801791249-l54wuxg8j6opk86vrtszzp12s34lv2vpw vs Actuarily
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1801994792-1onzwuq7k390odbpzek0q4waw3royogpw vs JRL
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1802200847-c5l08uzottofowfsv3wev075ate6o5ipw 1800 game

Good teams :

hands psyspam
hands spread lets it live headlong rush from great tusk
great tusk evs hit an atk benchmark, i forgot which
:iron-bundle::indeedee-f::glimmora::armarouge::iron-hands::great-tusk:

garchomp hyper-offense
hydreigon spread lets it outspeed bundle after tailwind, and chople tera-steel guarantees tailwind goes off.
garchomp over tusk because swords dance and spdef that isn't kartana-grade.
:hydreigon::murkrow::gholdengo::garchomp::iron-hands::glimmora:

OK teams :

sun hyper-offense
:torkoal::great-tusk::glimmora::roaring-moon::jumpluff::chi-yu:

Brightpowder garchomp
:tyranitar::garchomp::houndstone::gyarados::scizor::chi-yu:

screens offense
grimmsnarl spread lives gholdengo specs with screens
chien pao lives heat wave chi-yu with screens
:palafin::grimmsnarl::volcarona::gholdengo::chien-pao::amoonguss:

Posting my favorite spreads before DPL isn't the smartest thing I've done, but idc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)