Default OU, Uber, BL and UU pokemon for your Shoddy Battle boxes!

Sorry to be a bother, but would it be possible to go through the LC C&C subforum and build a box on that? (Updating it now and then)
I will do that as well, although that's my lowest priority.

I can't seem to even open the box at all. It seems to freeze up every time I do. What am I doing wrong?

I am on Windows Vista by the way.
Did you copy and paste the folders manually or did you use duck92's program to install the boxes?

Duck92 said:
You could probably just swap out the contents of 'boxes' with the BL/Uber tier, but you could choose only, 1, because it deletes the others.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tidfujnynze
I've included your application with the everything.zip, because as you said, the application will remove the previous boxes.

I <3 you! (no homo). My time is saved :P although I did notice that Lucario's SD set is missing. It's not a big deal, I can add it myself but just pointing it out. Thank you for assembling those folders.

I <3 you! (no homo). My time is saved :P although I did notice that Lucario's SD set is missing. It's not a big deal, I can add it myself but just pointing it out. Thank you for assembling those folders.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed it was missing.

I plan on updating the zip folder when I am told about a few missing sets, rather than for everyone.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
im so confused

how do i open the boxes?

i dont think i have a local setting folder or w/e and im on XP

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
imo this could easily go up as a page here with a few lines of words about it. We'd probably want the files uploaded on Smogon, don't think that's possible with normal SCMS though.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
You'd add it to SVN. But I think this would be better handled by a script. I'm looking into Jython.

im so confused

how do i open the boxes?

i dont think i have a local setting folder or w/e and im on XP
You will have a local settings folder.

Open up my computer and type into the address bar (see the screenshot if you are unsure where you should be typing)

Type in there:

C:\Documents and Settings\"User Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0\boxes

Obviously replace "User Name" with your account's user name. In the above screenshot, my user name is MA.

Copy the boxes to that folder if you can access it.

I have noticed that where to copy the boxes to was cut off in the _instructions file, so I'm updating all the downloads either today or tomorrow.

I believe some Explorers have that disabled. Another way around it is to open up Run, type CMD. Then type this code

Code:
start %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0
That will open up the boxes for the user account you are logged onto. This is for windows, if you need a script for Mac, or Linux, let me know.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think i got it, i saved it in that file, but when i go to shoddy and try to open the box, the box thing is already highlighted and it wont let me click it.

I did what you said and i think i have the same problem as sledge

How many hours were you doing that?
Excellent contribution, was happy thinking that a stranger somewhere
this planet you are eternally grateful for this contribution xD.

Greetings!

PS: you are an entertainment machine!

I have vista but no local settings, and that command prompt command didnt work either, maybe I installed shoddy wrong

I believe some Explorers have that disabled. Another way around it is to open up Run, type CMD. Then type this code

Code:
start %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0
That will open up the boxes for the user account you are logged onto. This is for windows, if you need a script for Mac, or Linux, let me know.

Thank you! Duck92, you are incredibly helpful!

I think i got it, i saved it in that file, but when i go to shoddy and try to open the box, the box thing is already highlighted and it wont let me click it.

I did what you said and i think i have the same problem as sledge
I assume you've copied and pasted the folders manually. Most likely you copied across the instructions text file. Delete that file, if it isn't that then I don't really know what it could be.

How many hours were you doing that?
Excellent contribution, was happy thinking that a stranger somewhere
this planet you are eternally grateful for this contribution xD.

Greetings!

PS: you are an entertainment machine!
It's taken about 8 hours.

I have vista but no local settings, and that command prompt command didnt work either, maybe I installed shoddy wrong

Vista doesn't have a local settings folder. It uses Appdata, as the instructions says, paste the folder to:

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0\boxes\

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's because appdata is a hidden folder, you won't see it unless you enable it in Control Panel "Folder Options" or do that command prompt thing just mention (though instead of typing it in run, you type it in the search bar).

Thank you! Duck92, you are incredibly helpful!
Vista doesn't have a local settings folder. It uses Appdata, as the instructions says, paste the folder to:

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0\boxes\
If the user has not created any pokemon in the box, the folders will not exist, thus it will error when attempted to load. Just go to

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Shoddy Battle\Shoddy Battle\1.0\

and create Boxes, and if its there, delete then drag the boxes folder from the zip file into 1.0.

Open teambuilder and click boxes. Then you have all the pokemon, click export to put them in the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)