Crisis Core V3 [Won by Melvni]

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Yeah I ended up being busy yesterday and forgot to start the new round before leaving home, sorry. Anyway, here it is :toast:. I'll update scores for last round sometime today.

Liepard @ Dread Plate
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Night Slash
- Encore

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Endeavor

No hazards on both sides.

Also, RU made their own thread and included a rule I think makes sense so I'll apply this for the remaining rounds.

New Rule:
Because 2 pokemon cores with one death fodder are too easy to find and slightly boring, if a 2 mon core defeats the core by letting one of the 2 pokemon die, it will only be worth 1 point. Proving wrong a user by proving his 2 pokemon counter only works using death fodder will not give the user the additional counter point, only reduce the amount of points his opponent will make.

@CrashingBoomBang
: You may post your miltank counter even if it was reserved before just because round 3 was extremly difficult, you have no chance of winning this anyway and we all want to know it. If it really matters to you I'll give it 3 points if it works. (Just edit your last post and quote this comment in it) (post 98 for anyone interested)

For any questions, contact me, good thinking :)

I will reserve Regirock. (and use Liepard as well)

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
EV's 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
- Drain Punch
- Filler A
- Filler B
- Filler C

Liepard:
252+ Atk Dread Plate Liepard Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Regirock: 63-75 (20.86 - 24.83%) -- possible 5HKO
Tauros:
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Regirock: 58-70 (19.2 - 23.17%) -- possible 6HKO
They are not going to break Regirock anytime soon.

252 Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tauros: 142-168 (48.79 - 57.73%) -- 94.92% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Liepard: 259-306 (95.92 - 113.33%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
This essentially means the following: Switch in on Liepard, and Drain Punch the crap out of everything. You win eventually.

Tauros is harder to beat if you switch into Substitute and it keeps Subbing as you Drain Punch it, and Endeavors at few HP. This is by far the worst case scenario, but this is where Cottonee comes into play. Doing something else as a Substitute means you win.

An Encore Liepard of my own does the rest.
Coming in on... Tauros.

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
Jolly Nature
EV's 252 Atk / 112 Def / 144 Spe
- Encore
- Toxic
- Night Slash
- U-Turn

Focus Sash ensures it stays alive, Toxic ensures Regirock beats Tauros afterwards (in case you come in on an attacking move), while Encore ensures Liepard forces Tauros to keep setting up.

252 Atk Liepard Night Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 93-109 (31.84 - 37.32%) -- 90.16% chance to 3HKO
You do outspeed the opponent, and run more Def EV's, so you beat the opposing Liepard head-to-head in case of multiple double switches, if you simply U-turn out to Regirock. Regirock does face Tauros, but you can simply switch to Liepard again since you did not take any damage.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Magcargo @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SAtk
- Lava Plume
- Recover
- Acid Armor / Iron Defense (lol doesn't matter XD)
- Rock Polish

If the core risks a burn just to attack this counter, they're in for a hard time. Magcargo's good defense only exemplifies this, as he can tank their attacks easily and Recover the damage. If Flame Body doesn't get them, Lava Plume has just as good a chance to cripple them (30%). The fact that Flame Body bypasses Substitute is a great plus.

252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Zen Headbutt vs 252HP/196Def Magcargo (+Def): 26% - 31% (81 - 97 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Rock Climb vs 252HP/196Def Weak Armor Magcargo (+Def): 22% - 26% (69 - 81 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/196Def Magcargo (+Def): 25% - 29% (76 - 91 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
These combine with Leftovers means none of these attacks come close to 6HKOing me. Tauros can technically threaten me with 2 consecutive crit Zen Headbutts while rolling at least 53% for each hit (~80% chance), but the chance of that is astonishingly low when factoring in that 90% accuracy (0.25313%), which is nearly 10 times lower than the chance of getting burned by Flame Body after the first hit, so that further decreases to a mere 0.17719% chance of beating Magcargo. You can't even see those odds now can you? Oh and Tauros's Sheer Force throws flinching out of the equation.

Liepard isn't bothersome either. While Night Slash has a higher chance of critting you, Liepard's lower damage output means it needs to roll higher to score the 2HKO (~60% chance to roll 53%). Factoring in all of the above equations, Liepard has a 0.39375% chance of beating Magcargo.

So both pokemon have less than a 1% chance of beating this dude? Sign me up.:pimp:

60SpAtk Magcargo (Neutral) Lava Plume vs 4HP/0SpDef Liepard (Neutral): 50% - 58% (135 - 159 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
60SpAtk Magcargo (Neutral) Lava Plume vs 0HP/0SpDef Tauros (Neutral): 35% - 42% (103 - 123 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
The trouble comes when you start attacking. Tauros can catch you with Endeavor while Liepard can Encore you. Luckily, Magcargo has the means to overcome these issues.

Against Tauros: Priority one is to build up your Defense with Acid Armor or/and speed up with Rock Polish. The former ensures you aren't easily revenge killed, whereas two uses of the latter allows Magcargo to outspeed both, though consecutive use of these boosting moves is inadvised to avoid giving Liepard a free switch, so alternate between them if you can without getting predictable, though going for Acid Armor can still pull you through provided you burn Liepard early and minimal crits occur. (Thankfully, burns suppress crits.)

The real danger of Tauros is Endeavor, which if timed right leaves you vulnerable to Liepard. To avoid this, you must finish off Tauros with Lava Plume (+ burn damage helps a lot) before Endeavor does too much damage and leaves you vulnerable to Liepard. This way, Tauros can only pull off the Endeavor on you at ~40+%, which would leave Magcargo itself at ~50% after Leftovers. There are several ways to go about this, though the ideal situation is that you have 2 Rock Polishes before Liepard comes in to avenge Tauros or an Acid Armor instead. Try not to go for Rock Polish if you can only get one safely. For instance, if you burned Tauros with your first Lava Plume, you may want to Acid Armor while waiting for its health to drop to at most 46% before going for the kill (if you have to wait 2 turns or more though, going for 2 Rock Polishes can still be safe). Keep in mind that you may not even have time to boost before being forced to KO Tauros, but the boosts aren't necessary, they're merely insurance. If the Tauros gets wise and Subs itself down while burned, Recover spam will still allow you to suffice.

When Liepard comes in, don't worry. Recover whatever health you've lost while Liepard risks itself just to do something to you (Encoring you right after Endeavor puts itself at a 2HKO). If it Encores your Recover, that's perfectly fine! Now Liepard either risks Flame Body or burns away Encore's 8 PP: both win-win situations for Magcargo.

Against Liepard: Just attack. Switching or U-Turning on Liepard's part puts us back in the first scenario, except Tauros waltzes straight into Lava Plume if the double switch isn't pulled off. If you take out Liepard first, you no longer have to worry about Tauros's Endeavor.

Lairon@Sitrus Berry
Ability Rock Head
Nature Adamant
Evs 252 HP 252 attack 4 def
Head Smash
Automatize

This is quite simple. Switch lairon in and kill everything with head smash. No recoil so i no die. Also, if Tauros decides to Sub/Endeavor me.. thats easy. just automatize and double your speed, and keep doing that until your faster. You should be faster after 2 of them and his moves cant do anything to you.

If he starts with Liepard just go straight to Head Smash. If he starts with Tauros, Automatize, then the sitrus berry will put you back at high enough health to live a hit from liepard from sucker punch and ko it back.

Its literally impossible for me to get below 50% percent and activate sitrus berry before tauros endeavors looking at the calcs, so there is no way i could die.

252+ Atk Lairon Head Smash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 219-258 (75 - 88.35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Lairon Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Liepard: 363-427 (134.94 - 158.73%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Liepard Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lairon: 25-30 (7.71 - 9.25%) -- 9HKO at best
252+ Atk Liepard Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lairon on a critical hit: 49-58 (15.12 - 17.9%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Liepard U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lairon: 16-19 (4.93 - 5.86%) -- 9HKO at best
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lairon: 31-37 (9.56 - 11.41%) -- 9HKO at best

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
@Ashley11

Since perfect prediction is assumed, Tauros can just sub as you come in, switch to Liepard on the Autotomize, Encore it and then slowly kill you with Night Slash while using Encore again once it wears off. Pretty sure it kills you before running out of Encore PP. Your calcs also take Eviolite into account which is obviously impossible since you're using a Sitrus Berry. The real calc is 252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/0Def Sturdy Lairon (Neutral): 13% - 15% (43 - 51 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Bastiodon @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Magic Coat
- Rest
- Flash Cannon

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Bastiodon: 36-42 (11.11 - 12.96%) -- possible 8HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Bastiodon: 32-38 (9.87 - 11.72%) -- 9HKO at best
68 SpA Bastiodon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tauros: 73-87 (25.08 - 29.89%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
With this spread you will always break Tauros' Substitutes with Flash Cannon and your substitutes cannot be 2HKOed by either Pokemon, except with Endeavor. If Liepard tries to Encore you into Substitute, then you can bounce it back with Magic Coat and waste its precious PP. If Tauros is about to Endeavor you into a dangerous range and you somehow don't have a Substitute up, you can Rest as Rocky Helmet kills it.

Apparently Rocky Helmet doesn't activate when you're under a substitute so I lose since Tauros can Endeavor me when I'm asleep and then kill with Liepard.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
@FLCL: Bastiodon loses because Rocky Helmet does not work behind a Substitute; Liepard can just 3HKO your subs on Magic Coat turns since you have to prevent it from Encoring you. If Tauros uses Substitute on your Rest turn you also lose since nothing prevents it from using Endeavor + Liepard finishing you off.

Logs:
Battle between flcl and cbb started!

Tier: Mixed Black/White 2
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Liepard / Tauros / Gengar / Snorlax / Swampert / Tyranitar
Opponent's team: Bastiodon / Pidgeot / Butterfree

flcl sent out Pidgeot!
cbb sent out bull! (Tauros)
cbb: also you obviously have to tell me your moves
cbb: for each turn
flcl: k

Start of turn 1
flcl called Pidgeot back!
flcl sent out woof! (Bastiodon)

Bull used Zen Headbutt!
It's not very effective...
The foe's woof lost 11% of its health!
Bull is hurt by the foe's woof's Rocky Helmet!

flcl: sub

Start of turn 2
cbb called bull back!
cbb sent out (BAN ME PLEASE)! (Liepard)

The foe's woof used Substitute!
The foe's woof made a substitute!
good kid is watching the battle.

flcl: magic coat

Start of turn 3
The foe's woof used Magic Coat!
The foe's woof shrouded itself with Magic Coat!

(BAN ME PLEASE) used Night Slash!
The foe's woof's substitute took the damage!

Start of turn 4

The foe's woof's substitute took the damage!

flcl: oh rocky helmet doesnt work
flcl: with sub
flcl: smg
flcl: smh
cbb: lol!
flcl: whatever
cbb: wutevz.
flcl: flash cannon

Start of turn 5
(BAN ME PLEASE) used Encore!
The foe's woof received an encore!

Start of turn 6

The foe's woof's substitute faded!

Start of turn 7

A critical hit!
The foe's woof lost 19% of its health!
(BAN ME PLEASE) is hurt by the foe's woof's Rocky Helmet!

The foe's woof's Encore ended!

Start of turn 8

The foe's woof lost 9% of its health!

Start of turn 9

The foe's woof lost 10% of its health!

flcl: so i can win
flcl: without sub
cbb: n
cbb: i had a plan for that

Start of turn 10

The foe's woof lost 9% of its health!

flcl: redo
cbb: ok
flcl: im not gonna sub this time
flcl forfeited against cbb!

Battle between flcl and cbb started!

Tier: Mixed Black/White 2
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Liepard / Tauros / Gengar / Snorlax / Swampert / Tyranitar
Opponent's team: Bastiodon / Pidgeot / Butterfree

flcl sent out Pidgeot!
cbb sent out bull! (Tauros)

Start of turn 1
flcl called Pidgeot back!
flcl sent out woof! (Bastiodon)

Bull used Zen Headbutt!
The foe's woof lost 10% of its health!

good kid is watching the battle.
cbb: hm

Start of turn 2
Bull used Substitute!
Bull made a substitute!

The foe's woof used Flash Cannon!
Bull's substitute faded!

Start of turn 3
Bull used Endeavor!
The foe's woof lost 36% of its health!
Bull is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's woof used Flash Cannon!
Bull lost 78 HP! (26% of its health)
cbb: ez

flcl: rest

Start of turn 4
Bull used Substitute!
Bull hasn't enough energy left!

The foe's woof used Rest!
The foe's woof went to sleep and became healthy!

cbb: GG

Start of turn 5
Bull used Endeavor!
The foe's woof lost 95% of its health!
Bull fainted!
Bull is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's woof is fast asleep.

cbb sent out (BAN ME PLEASE)! (Liepard)

good kid: lol

Start of turn 6
The foe's woof lost 4% of its health!
The foe's woof fainted!

flcl forfeited against cbb!

Thanks to FLCL for not being a dick and battling me with Bastiodon so I didn't have to do all that shit by myself.

Punchshroom

Seems like every Steel under the sun is being nabbed by everyone else (quite ironic if you ask me). At least this core isn't Charizard weak :P.

@Ashley11

Since perfect prediction is assumed, Tauros can just sub as you come in, switch to Liepard on the Autotomize, Encore it and then slowly kill you with Night Slash while using Encore again once it wears off. Pretty sure it kills you before running out of Encore PP. Your calcs also take Eviolite into account which is obviously impossible since you're using a Sitrus Berry. The real calc is 252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/0Def Sturdy Lairon (Neutral): 13% - 15% (43 - 51 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.

My core just got screwed XD

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Updated leaderboards with round 3 results. As usual, tell me if I made a mistake.

Oh and for those who hadn't noticed, I import the sets of the cores from ps: spd is speed, special defence is SDef

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mawile@ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EV's: 252HP/4Att/ 252D
Bold Nature
Seismic Toss
Swallow
Embargo
Incinerate

Seismic Toss 3HKO's all three.

If Tauros (can assume intimidate isn't there, otherwise, calcs would be even smaller)
Rock Slide does 39/304 *2 hits-32HP=258/304 doesn't matter though, I would be left at 91+16 HP once I kill it, so left at 107/304 HP for Liepard
Liepard 42 damage for sucker punch-16 would be 81/304 HP, then 55/304 for second hit then 13 HP left before I kill it.

If liepard then Tauros, tauros really has no way of killing me, I take like 6-7% each hit with leftovers.

Shuckleking, If Tauros, Tauros will spam Substitute to absorb your Seismic Toss and then use Endeavor when at low health, since this guy outspeeds you, and then you die to Liepard's Night Slash a turn after.
If Liepard, it U-Turns to Tauros to do the same.

The core:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-X-Scissor

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Brick Break
-Close Combat

Calcs:
252Atk Shedinja (+Atk) X-Scissor vs 0HP/4Def Tauros (Neutral): 40% - 47% (117 - 138 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
252Atk Shedinja (+Atk) X-Scissor vs 4HP/0Def Liepard (Neutral): 144% - 169% (390 - 458 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Mold Breaker Sawk (Neutral) Brick Break vs 0HP/4Def Tauros (Neutral): 85% - 101% (248 - 294 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 6% chance to OHKO.
252Atk Mold Breaker Sawk (Neutral) Brick Break vs 4HP/0Def Liepard (Neutral): 153% - 180% (414 - 488 HP). Guaranteed OHKO
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 0HP/4Def Sturdy Sawk (Neutral): 28% - 34% (84 - 99 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 0HP/4Def Sturdy Sawk (Neutral): 24% - 29% (72 - 86 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.
252Atk Liepard (+Atk) U-turn vs 0HP/4Def Sturdy Sawk (Neutral): 13% - 16% (40 - 48 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.
252Atk Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Rock Climb vs 0HP/4Def Sturdy Sawk (Neutral): 69% - 81% (202 - 238 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Zen Headbutt vs 0HP/4Def Sturdy Sawk (Neutral): 81% - 96% (238 - 282 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Mold Breaker Sawk (Neutral) Close Combat vs 0HP/4Def Tauros (Neutral): 136% - 160% (396 - 468 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Scenario 1:

Tauros is in. Switch in Shedinja. Tauros can do nothing against Shedinja except use Substitute, but once it runs out of energy it either dies or switches to Liepard and it dies from X-Scissor immediately. Then Tauros dies on the next turn. Even if Tauros switches to Liepard earlier it still gets OHKOd.

Scenario 2:

Liepard is in. Switch in Sawk. If Liepard stays in and uses Sucker Punch, Sawk OHKOs it anyway with Brick Break, down to 72% HP at the least, and then Sawk switches to Shedinja, where it eventually kills Tauros.
If Liepard switches to Tauros, Sawk outspeeds and 2HKOs Tauros, and then Liepard dies the next turn.

Scenario 3:

Liepard is in, so you switch in Sawk, but it U-Turns to Tauros. Switch to Shendinja, kill Tauros, and then switch back to Sawk and kill Liepard. Sawk can take up to three (most often four) Sucker Punches it if needs to, and with this strategy, it won't hit more than twice, so Sawk OHKOs Liepard. If Liepard switches into Shedinja's X-Scissor, it dies.

If on Turn 2 the opponent double-switches back to Liepard, take the Sucker Punch with a Focus Sash, and then kill it with X-Scissor, and wear down Tauros as it spams Substitute to no avail.

Other notes:

Liepard's Encore does nothing here as both Pokemon only use one attack or are choice-locked. If Tauros uses Endeavor on Sawk and Tauros already took one hit, then Tauros dies the next turn to Brick Break.

Disclaimer:

On an actual team, these Pokemon would have full move sets:

Shedinja: X-Scissor/Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak/Toxic
Sawk: Close Combat/Brick Break/Ice Punch/Earthquake

Mawile@ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Seismic Toss
Swallow
Embargo
Incinerate

If Tauros (can assume intimidate isn't there, otherwise, calcs would be even smaller)
Rock Slide does 39/304 *2 hits-32HP=258/304 doesn't matter though, I would be left at 91+16 HP once I kill it, so left at 107/304 HP for Liepard
Liepard 42 damage for sucker punch-16 would be 81/304 HP, then 55/304 for second hit then 13 HP left before I kill it.

If liepard then Tauros, tauros really has no way of killing me, I take like 6-7% each hit with leftovers.
Um, it was Rock CLIMB, not Rock Slide. And do Embargo and Incinerate play an actual role or are they just filler? Also Swallow fails without Stockpile boosts.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Piloswine and Pawniard

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Toxic

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

Against Tauros

Both can switch against Tauros' moves and attack it till it's low on health, then finish off the bull when it's going to use Endeavor (will need prediction in Pawniard's case)
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 114-136 (28.21 - 33.66%) -- 0.24% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Pawniard: 62-74 (21.08 - 25.17%) -- possible 4HKO

4 Atk Pawniard Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 106-126 (36.3 - 43.15%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 114-135 (39.04 - 46.23%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
If you managed to get victim of Endeavor, just switch out.

Against Liepard

Keep attacking. Simple.

252 Atk Dread Plate Liepard Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 58-70 (14.35 - 17.32%) -- possible 6HKO
252 Atk Dread Plate Liepard Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 67-81 (16.58 - 20.04%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Liepard U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Pawniard: 36-43 (12.24 - 14.62%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Dread Plate Liepard Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Pawniard: 18-22 (6.12 - 7.48%) -- 9HKO at best

4 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 114-135 (39.04 - 46.23%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Pawniard Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Liepard: 132-156 (39.75 - 46.98%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Punchshroom

Mawile@ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Seismic Toss
Swallow
Embargo
Incinerate

Here's how Mawile loses. Tauros can simply keep subbing down to 1 HP and Endeavor you until Liepard KOes you. And even against Liepard things aren't any different:

Turn 1: Liepard U-Turns/switches into Tauros. You Sesimic Toss. Tauros is now at 191HP (65%)
Turn 2: Tauros does not Substitute. You Seismic Toss again. Tauros now at 91HP (31%)
Turn 3: Tauros Subs now. Tauros at 19HP (6%). You Seismic Toss to break the Sub.
Turn 4: Tauros Endeavors you. You KO Tauros with Seismic Toss. You now have 38HP (12%) by the end of the turn.
Turn 5: 252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/252Def Mawile (+Def): 15% - 18% (46 - 55 HP).

Conclusion: Not a counter.

Edit: Yeah Aasgier beat me to it :P

Set:

Klang @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
124 HP / 48 Atk / 176 Def / 160 Spd
~Gear Grind
~Iron Defense
~Shift Gear
~Rest

Initially I was going to try to just straight up wall them with an Eviolite bulky wall set, but that didn't work 100%. Anyway, the EVs are designed so that Klang outspeeds Tauros at +2 (reaching 352 to Tauros's 350) and also so that Klang always 2HKOes Tauros with +1 Gear Grind (and by extension always breaks its Subs with the first hit) and is never 3HKOed by Rock Climb. Any remaining EVs are put into Attack The most damage Klang will have to take is four Rock Climbs from Tauros, two of which it will have +2 Def to take (one on the switch in, one as Klang sets up Shift Gear, one after it sets up Iron Defense, and one as it hits Tauros with the first Gear Grind), but in order for this to occur, Liepard must have not used Encore yet. Because Klang has Mental Herb, it can freely set up its first turn out against Liepard if Liepard is out first as Prankster and greater Speed mean Liepard can only Encore the second turn and Mental Herb ensures Encore will fail. Thus, if it is eventually Encored, Klang will be Encored into Gear Grind, which isn't an issue at all. Because Klang will still have Mental Herb if it takes Tauros out as Tauros hits it down to almost no HP, Klang can dodge any attempt at Encore to block Rest from Liepard and proceed to stall it out with Rest until it runs out of Encore PP as Liepard can't do close to enough on its own to take out Klang while it sleeps.

Scenarios:

Tauros is out and Rock Climbs. Klang Shifts Gears as Tauros continues attacking or switches out. If Tauros switches out, use Gear Grind to 2HKO Liepard at worst. This does mean taking two Sucker Punches, which will put you in OHKO range from Tauros (100-(33+21+21)=25%), but Iron Defense+Rest safely removes that problem. Once you wake up 2HKO Tauros as it can only 6HKO +2 Def Klang from full health. If Tauros continues attacking the turn you use Shift Gear, use Iron Defense. This ensures that if Liepard switches in on the first Gear Grind, it won't be able to Sucker Punch you and put you in danger of being OHKOed by Rock Climb even at +2 Def (you can just Rest at +0, but then you have to try to PP stall and will eventually get crit). This does mean if Tauros gets four straight max damage rolls you lose, but the chances of that are 1 in 65,536 (the same as the odds of getting four straight critical hits). If Liepard does actually switch in here, kill it with two Gear Grinds as it either locks you into Gear Grind with two Encores or attacks twice with Sucker Punch. In the former case, 2HKO Tauros with Gear Grind. In the latter, Rest far out of KO range, and take out Tauros when you wake up. If Tauros stays in and keeps attacking, 2HKO with Gear Grind before it 2HKOes with Rock Climb, then Rest using Mental Herb to avoid the Encore, and stall out Liepard until it runs out of PP for Encore, then kill it.

Tauros is out and Subs. Klang Shifts Gears as Tauros Rock Climbs. Klang uses Gear Grind to break Tauros's Sub and leave it at 50% max before taking another Rock Climb, leaving it in 2HKO range. However, Tauros is taken out by the next Gear Grind, and Liepard is taken out by another one (even if it isn't, you can just stall with Rest anyway).

Liepard is out and Night Slashes. Klang Shifts Gears as Liepard Night Slashes again or U-Turns. If Liepard keeps staying in, it dies to max two Gear Grinds after Sucker Punching (Encoring is pointless as Mental Herb doesn't help against Tauros at all, and Liepard needs to attack all four turns or else Tauros won't be able to even think about OHKOing Klang, which it needs to do because Klang 2HKOes and is faster). This does leave Klang at possibly as little as 22% health (in OHKO range for Tauros), but Klang is faster and has Iron Defense + Rest to survive a Rock Climb at ~5% and turn Rock Climb into a 6HKO. If Liepard U-turns, Klang has taken the equivalent of a little less than one Rock Climb, meaning Tauros can only 3HKO and Klang can 2HKO, then take out Liepard by stalling it out of Encore PP with Rest.

Liepard is out and U-Turns. Klang Shifts Gears as Tauros does a Tauros thing. this then plays out like the Tauros scenarios except Liepard has taken 10% max from the first attack instead of 33%.

Calculations:

252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Rock Climb vs 124HP/176Def Klang (+Def): 28% - 33% (82 - 97 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros (Neutral) Rock Climb vs 124HP/176Def +2 Klang (+Def): 14% - 16% (41 - 49 HP). Guaranteed 8HKO.
48Atk +1 Klang (Neutral) Gear Grind vs 0HP/4Def Tauros (Neutral): 51% - 60% (150 - 176 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 124HP/176Def Klang (+Def): 17% - 21% (52 - 62 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 124HP/176Def +2 Klang (+Def): 8% - 10% (26 - 31 HP). Guaranteed 12HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 124HP/176Def Klang (+Def): 15% - 18% (46 - 54 HP). Guaranteed 7HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) Night Slash vs 124HP/176Def +2 Klang (+Def): 7% - 9% (23 - 27 HP). Guaranteed 13HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) U-turn vs 124HP/176Def Klang (+Def): 8% - 10% (25 - 30 HP). Guaranteed 12HKO.
252Atk Dread Plate Liepard (+Atk) U-turn vs 124HP/176Def +2 Klang (+Def): 4% - 5% (13 - 15 HP).
48Atk +1 Klang (Neutral) Gear Grind vs 4HP/0Def Liepard (Neutral): 91% - 108% (248 - 294 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 52% chance to OHKO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)