Torkoal (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This dude dgf about sleep cause of sleep talk, resists giga drain and hp fire, rapid spin eliminates leech seed. awwwwwww yeaaa

Typhlosion (m) (Choice Specs)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Rock)
-Fire Blast

Switches in on Lava Plume and smashes faces with a supper effective Hidden Power. Than proceeds to seep for game.

Typhlosion (m) (Choice Specs)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Rock)
-Fire Blast

Switches in on Lava Plume and smashes faces with a supper effective Hidden Power. Than proceeds to seep for game.
One, Flash Fire Thyplo is unreleased.
Second, being locked in a move makes it hard to sweep, especially if you run a Modest nature and fail to outspeed a important part of the metagame.

Torkoal (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: White Smoke
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This dude dgf about sleep cause of sleep talk, resists giga drain and hp fire, rapid spin eliminates leech seed. awwwwwww yeaaa
Feraligatr(M) @ leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Atk/ 100 Def/ 32 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This thing can just set up in torkoals face with DD and then take it out with a waterfall, and then proceed to sweep if it gets more than one DD and there is no scarfer to counter it.

Feraligatr(M) @ leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Atk/ 100 Def/ 32 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This thing can just set up in torkoals face with DD and then take it out with a waterfall, and then proceed to sweep if it gets more than one DD and there is no scarfer to counter it.
It is a good way to force it out, but if you try to get in recklessly, you might (and probably will) get burned.
Anywho,

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Can come in on all but Ice Punch (and even then, it won't die due the lack of massive Attack invesment) and proceed to instantly force it out.
If it stays in, Rotom can either Leaf Storm it to death, Volt Switch for huge damage or Trick it and prevent it from attacking after the set up.

HUGGLES (Muk) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP / 244 Atk / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Gunk Shot
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch

Cant be tricked thanks to sticky hold. Can take any of rotom's attacks and set up a sub.

It is a good way to force it out, but if you try to get in recklessly, you might (and probably will) get burned.
Anywho,

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Can come in on all but Ice Punch (and even then, it won't die due the lack of massive Attack invesment) and proceed to instantly force it out.
If it stays in, Rotom can either Leaf Storm it to death, Volt Switch for huge damage or Trick it and prevent it from attacking after the set up.
Kinda funny you diss his counter then choose this dangerous counter, as if it predicts the switch and gets a critical you die.

HUGGLES (Muk) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP / 244 Atk / 52 Spd
- Gunk Shot
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch

Cant be tricked thanks to sticky hold. Can take any of rotom's attacks and set up a sub.
To counter this Muk I give you:

Scolipede (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 108 HP / 48 Atk / 252 Def / 100 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab

Didn't know if Spd meant SpD or Spe so I picked a physical counter. Gunk Shot does 25-29.2% So a 5HKO with lefties factored in. If it predicts a switch in and gets a crit it is still a 4HKO(Max Damage rolls 3 times as well), which still allows me to outspeed and 3HKO with EQ. So the only way I lose is two crit Gunkshots(70% acc btw lol).

Other info thats pertinent, speed EV's allow me to out pace +Spe 80 pokes Mega/Jab for STAB and Quake/Slide for coverage.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kadabra (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

OHKOes and survives attacks with focus sash

Kinda funny you diss his counter then choose this dangerous counter, as if it predicts the switch and gets a critical you die.
Odds of a crit: 6.25%
So a counter isn't a counter due a crit occurring. Right.

And to the guy above me, that pokemon is also not released with that ability. A counter has to be able to switch in without too much risk, which your "counter" can do on two moves only. Otherwise, it takes a hunk of damage, if it survives with 75/60/60 defenses from the hit that is.
Why do I have to sound salty?
Please make sure all your info is valid and that your counter is a counter,
AKA can switch in with relative ease and force the pokemon opposing it out.

Man, I always sound like this when attempting to correct people...

Edit:
Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Air Slash
- Roost
Sigh...

Agree with Ningildo. Can we start posting actual counters with correct and complete information? Anyways countering Cinccino.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

The most it takes from Cinccino's moves is 27.68 - 32.76% from Wake-up Slap, which is a 4HKO, while Gyro Ball 2HKOs. Steelix can also get a free turn to set up rocks if Cinccino chooses to switch.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Air Slash
- Roost

The only thing that steelix can do to it is is try to dragon tail it out or catch it with an earthquake on the roost if moltres switches into stealth rocks. But even with the SpD investment, steelix isnt going to like a max special attack, life orbed, STAB fire blast from moltres.

And btw thanks for that muk counter pikapwnd, i was having serious troubles with rotom-c's and i put that muk on my team and it has performed very well in countering it.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Haven't done a CTP in a while so have to stick with an old classic.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP/ 144 Def/ 108 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- T-Wave
- Dragon Tail

Slowking can survive the 2hko from HP Grass and can either kill with scald, cripple it with t wave, or wrack up sr damage with Dragon Tail whichever fits your play style. Can also just get health back from regenerator.

Odds of a crit: 6.25%
So a counter isn't a counter due a crit occurring. Right.

And to the guy above me, that pokemon is also not released with that ability. A counter has to be able to switch in without too much risk, which your "counter" can do on two moves only. Otherwise, it takes a hunk of damage, if it survives with 75/60/60 defenses from the hit that is.
Why do I have to sound salty?
Please make sure all your info is valid and that your counter is a counter,
AKA can switch in with relative ease and force the pokemon opposing it out.

Man, I always sound like this when attempting to correct people...

Edit:
Quote:
Moltres @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Air Slash
- Roost

Sigh...
Flame Body is released on moltres and allowed on the smogon PO server under standard RU. It is also superior to pressure on an offensive set.

Flame Body is released on moltres and allowed on the smogon PO server under standard RU. It is also superior to pressure on an offensive set.
Source? It might be a bug or some forgotten thing, so saying that it's allowed on PO means nothing if not confirmed SOMEWHERE.

To the guy's Slowking above:

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell

Only "fears" Dragon Tail if hazards are present and a Scald burn. Proceeds to either Scald for residual damage with Burn or Thunderbolt it to kingdom come. Can also remove possible status on itself and it's teammates with Heal Bell.

Edit: I just tried Flame Body and it redirected me to DW OU.
Screenshot for backing up your statement?

Dusion@Eviolite
Bold (Magic Guard)
252HP/252Def/6SpAtt
Calm Mind
Recover
Psycho Shock
HP Fighting

Standard RU Duosion can happily use Lanturn as setup bait. Thunderbolt fails to 4HKO the vast majority of the time (22%-26%) even before Calm Minds, bring in Recover and Duosion doesn't even fear successive critical hits. Scald's burns are also obviously ineffective. In turn Psycho Shock gets a guaranteed 2HKO upon reaching +2 SpAtt.

Source? It might be a bug or some forgotten thing, so saying that it's allowed on PO means nothing if not confirmed SOMEWHERE.

To the guy's Slowking above:

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell

Only "fears" Dragon Tail if hazards are present and a Scald burn. Proceeds to either Scald for residual damage with Burn or Thunderbolt it to kingdom come. Can also remove possible status on itself and it's teammates with Heal Bell.

Edit: I just tried Flame Body and it redirected me to DW OU.
Screenshot for backing up your statement?
Before posting the original counter, i ran about 2 standard RU battles with flame body to confirm it. im guessing it was due to a bug or glitch that i was allowed in standard RU battles. But upon trying again today, i was properly redirected to DW OU tier for battling.

I haven't read every post but hopefully this set hasn't been posted yet

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
trait:Big Pecks
nature: Careful
248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
-Roost
-Taunt/Toxic
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind

Taunt is great for blocking slower set-ups like duosion and Mandibuzz is bulky enough to take a few HP fightings and phase out Duosion if need be, otherwise it can whittle away with taunt and brave bird. Obviously toxic won't do anything to duosion but it is slashed in in case you want it for other threats.
It's unfortunate that roost limits you by removing your flying type in this situation but mandy is more than capable of sponging hits from HP-fighting here is calcs at +2:
(6 +2 SpAtk Duosion Hidden Power Fighting vs 248 HP/244 SpDef Mandibuzz: 21.75% - 25.77% 5-7 hits to KO (with Leftovers))

Electivire@Choice Band
Adamant
252Att/252Spe/6SpAtt
Wild Charge
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Volt Switch/Cross Chop

CB Electivire can simply muscle it's way through Mandibuzz. Between it's appalling base 65Att and resisted STAB, Electivire has no issue switching in on Brave Bird, or indeed anything on that moveset. After the Choice Band boost and 188 attack EVs a 248HP/0Def Mandibuzz is OHKO'd 100% of the time by Wild Charge (+1 379 Wild Charge vs 423HP/246Def: 105.4%-124.8%) , removing any possibility of being stalled out outside of the Reflect being set up prior to switching in. Volt Switch is slashed in to accommodate for the opponent switching in a non-ground counter, keeping Vire safe until Mandibuzzz rears it's bald head again.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Claydol resists Wild Charge, EQ, and Cross Chop, but is OHKO'd by Ice Punch. I couldn't really find anything that takes all of its moves, but with some prediction I'm sure Claydol can come in because it resists 3/4 of its moves. Claydol can set up SR, Rapid Spin on the switch, 2HKO with Earth Power, or use Ice Beam to hit the flying types that are used to draw in electric attacks.

Spiritomb (M) @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

This. Spiritomb can p much do whatever he likes here. Blocking Rapid Spin, trapping it with Pursuit, Burn it, etc. Ice Beam and Earth Power wouldnt be doing much damage to Tomb.

Magneton @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass / Ice

Sets up all over Spiritomb by resisting all of its moves and blocking WoW with Substitute. Also doesn't mind switching into WoW since it's a special attacker.

Camerupt (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Earth Power

Immunity to Electric and HP Grass/Ice wouldnt be doing much to it thanks to his high sp def.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Pretty much every Water-type Pokemon can stop that, but I'm gonna choose this one due to its resistance to Stealth Rock:

Poliwrath ( ♂ ) @
( Leftovers )
Trait - Water Absorb
EVs - 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SpA)
  • Substitute
  • Encore
  • Focus Punch
  • Waterfall

Besides that, it can also Encore Camerupt's Stealth Rock and hit most Pokemon that try to switch in hard except whatever Pokemon is posted after this.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Taunt
-Poison Jab

Resists both of Poliwrath's attacks, and weakens it with Intimidate. It's basically just the standard Utility Qwilfish, but with Poison Jab so it can deal damage to Poliwrath's subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)