Counter That Pokemon! Won By FlareBlitz (Team 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of picking one of the many pokemon that outright beats every single member of the opposing team with little set up we are seriously considering a pokemon that walls three of them and loses to the rest.

Slowbro loses a ton of momentum every time it comes in. We have no electric immunities, meaning they just have to turn Rotom-C into paralysis fodder and Volt Switch out every single time. You can try to stay in of course, but Volt Switch does a lot of damage (72% average) and you can't just Slack Off because you are faster than a paralyzed Rotom-C, meaning you will be forced out and will have to come back in at ~60% health. Which means even Donphan will beat you...

If you guys really have a bulky water fetish at least pick the milotic so it actually threatens Rotom-C offensively...
hey flareblitz i didn't know roserade was a grass type and doesnt mind shit from rotom-c. enough with the hyperbole jesus

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I didn't say Rotom-C was going to sweep the team, I said it would cause us to lose momentum...and volt switching on a Roserade straight to Victini or Zoroark will definitely do that. Especially given that we have nothing that can reliably handle Zoroark behind a sub.

At this point, I'm hoping it's because people want to pick a suboptimal choice to make the game more interesting...
I see.

Well, your Kingdra is also a good choice against Team 2 as well. I hope it wins since Heysup is clearly losing this.

FlareBlitz (because at least Kingdra makes the match more intresting, rather than 6-0ing team 2 like Raikou)

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like you guys went the boring route and picked a sweeper that can't really be touched right now :/ Though it might not have as easy of a time setting up as Heysup would like you to believe

Raikou @ Life Orb
Timid
72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

Heysup pulls 1st place with 3 chosen mons, and can now pick whichever team he wants to. Flareblitz, pulling the most votes from someone that already had 2 mons picked for the team, gets the other team. Heysup, pick a team and then you guys set a date and time so we can all watch!

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm free all day today, but tomorrow and really the entirety of next week is bad for me (finals). Also I'll take team 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)