Counter That Pokemon! Won By FlareBlitz (Team 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest
Swift Swim
184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe

-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
Lol to think this was exactly the same set I was thinking of yesterday, albeit with Rest + Chesto Berry instead of Draco Meteor. Reasoning was, Rotom-C is unable to do anything to Kingdra anyway (absorb the Leaf Storm, then Rest back to full health and laugh at his -2 SpA) so why not just go for the 2HKO with Ice Beam instead of the OHKO with Draco Meteor - and you don't ruin your own SpA. Team 2 also does have two copies of priority to take out a weakened Kingdra, so why help them along?

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
Modest
Swift Swim
184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe

-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest

FlareBlitz didn't specify the ability of Omastar either so we can cheat and make it Swift Swim, when if Kingdra fails to break the other team Omastar can just finish the job - without having to Shell Smash!

I know I did vote for ToF last round because team 2 needed more defensive players, but in this case team 1 isn't trying to stay alive - it only needs to sweep team 2, and this Kingdra can do it (it sets up on many of team 2's Pokemon too).

We may as well sweep everything since they are slow.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Timid
72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

It can outpace and KO everything (100% guaranteed after Stealth Rock) after a +1 and it only takes 38% MAXIMUM from Hitmontop's Mach Punch and lols at Crobat's Brave Bird, meaning all it has to do is set up on something like Crobat, Rotom-C, Zoroark, or even Hitmontop. So many chances to set up, easy sweep. It would be ridiculous not to use Raikou.

tehy

Banned deucer.
What exactly is extrasensory for? You hate roserade THAT much or something?

I mean, i'm not sure what else to use, but that still seems a little wasteful.

Considering some other pokemon will be added to counter that raikou, something like aura sphere(You don't really need the extra speed, do you?) might be more appropriate, to not make it easy on the other team.

Extrasensory OHKOes Hitmontop, Thunderbolt comes close but it isn't guaranteed. And this is the last Pokemon, last I checked we play teams of 6.....

tehy

Banned deucer.
Well, technically if donphan has sturdy active...

Maybe we should invest in a rapid spinner, to rapid spin for the rapid spinner?

team 1 has more than enough firepower to sweep team 2 imo. what you should be picking is something that doesn't get straight up shit on by donphan like all of team 1 does so far. just go with slowbro bros.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

There you go. Walls Hitmontop, Donphan, and Crobat while paralyzing the other members of team 2 to prevent them from being too annoying.

IDK anymore

i don't think letting top be able to spin away those rocks is vital, so...

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Prankster

-Will-O-wisp
-Taunt
-Foul Play
-Recover

FP shits over victini trying to switch into wisp and Crobat/Top/Donphan aren't exactly appreciative of burns either.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To make the last vote super interesting: any ties will be determined by whoever gets the most votes RIGHT NOW oh no!

Also I just want to say that a match in which team 1 6-0s team 2 with one mon would be quite boring now wouldn't it?

Also I just want to say that a match in which team 1 6-0s team 2 with one mon would be quite boring now wouldn't it?
If that happens, we take the guy responsible for putting the most Pokemon on team 2 and watch him get owned!

Although team 2 clearly has speed issues and a Raikou weakness to boot, it is not completely dismantled (Zoroark can masquerade as Hitmontop to absorb the Extrasensory, LO recoil, 2 priority moves, team 1 must set up SR before initiating a sweep and it can't keep it up with no spinblocker either), so VOTE KINGDRA.

FlareBlitz

ToF

Team 1 clearly doesn't need any more sweepers. Currently, it has no switch-ins for Donphan or Hitmontop, and that's gonna cause serious problems in the match if it's not rectified. Slowbro can not only switch into these two easily, but he can paralyze everything that can be sent in to deal with him. I really think Psychic should be changed to Ice Beam though, as you still hit Crobat hard and Hitmontop can't do shit, but now you get a SE hit on Rotom-C, the most likely switch-in. The faster you take out the Rotom-C, who will likely be used as paralysis fodder for Slowbro throughout the match, the better, as then you can paralyze another mon. Plus, Ice Beam deals damage to Zoroark, who can switch in on a predicted Psychic once Rotom-C is paralyzed and proceed to do some serious damage. Oh well, it's not that big a deal; still the best option.

To make the last vote super interesting: any ties will be determined by whoever gets the most votes RIGHT NOW oh no!

I know how to beat my own strategies pick me pick me

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So instead of picking one of the many pokemon that outright beats every single member of the opposing team with little set up we are seriously considering a pokemon that walls three of them and loses to the rest.

Slowbro loses a ton of momentum every time it comes in. We have no electric immunities, meaning they just have to turn Rotom-C into paralysis fodder and Volt Switch out every single time. You can try to stay in of course, but Volt Switch does a lot of damage (72% average) and you can't just Slack Off because you are faster than a paralyzed Rotom-C, meaning you will be forced out and will have to come back in at ~60% health. Which means even Donphan will beat you...

If you guys really have a bulky water fetish at least pick the milotic so it actually threatens Rotom-C offensively...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)