Project Counter That Pokemon PU Edition (Team 2 Round 2 Nomination Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why does Arbok not have Aqua Tail?
EQ was always the first slot for probo and pawn with aqua slashed for hitting Piloswine and golem, since you don't do that much to Pilo at +1 anyway while golem would need to be a healthy tank golem to give Arbok issues

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's been four days, so I'm moving this into the voting stage. You have three days from now to vote.

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, BenOhver wins, so Piloswine is the first member of Team 2, tho I did say NO SLASHES on your movesets. The nominations for the second member of Team 2 is now open. You have four days.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
reposting carracosta bc we need something to build around this round.

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Carracosta seems a good fit for Team 2. Shell Smash Carracosta is an offensive Pokemon we can start off building on this set in a solid way, as Arbok struggles with strong attackers and offensive pressure, while Carracosta is able to at least tank two EQs from Arbok thanks to Solid Rock and its good base Defense, and it can basically shot it with Stone Edge plus Aqua Jet combination along with Life Orb, while it is difficult to check itself because of Shell Smash, so actually gives a challenge to next stages, which I think is a positive thing.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Raiza. This is a little Nitpick but you mention that Carracosta does well against Arbok where we are building both on the same team. The Pokemon we are trying to go against this round is Piloswine, but I guess Carra does well against it regardless.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Raiza. This is a little Nitpick but you mention that Carracosta does well against Arbok where we are building both on the same team. The Pokemon we are trying to go against this round is Piloswine, but I guess Carra does well against it regardless.
No I think you're wrong xD
''The nominations for the second member of Team 2 is now open. You have four days.''

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Misdreavus_BW.gif

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Team 1's Arbok does not have Shed Skin or Rest, and chose Earthquake as coverage. Misdreavus delights in this fact and checks Arbok because of it. With 216 in speed Misdreavus outspeeds this Arbok and can burn with Will-O-Wisp, which is compounded as an extremely safe option in noting that all Arbok can do is go for either a resisted Gunk Shot that does 1/4 at +1 after the burn or a Sucker Punch that won't even work. Other options include setting up a Nasty Plot directly in Arbok's face or going for the raw Shadow Ball/Nasty Plot expecting a switch. Arbok's only hope of getting past this Misdreavus is by wearing it down slowly with Gunk Shot on the switch-in 3-6 times and begging for the poison.

Beyond checking Arbok really well, Misdreavus also has decent synergy with Piloswine. Piloswine is weak to Fighting, and Misdreavus is immune to Fighting. Piloswine can set up Stealth Rock, and Misdreavus appreciates hazards to grab some 0HKOs. Piloswine is weak to Water, and Misdreavus can have Thunderbolt to KO those pesky Waters. Piloswine is a physical attacker with hazards and bulk, and Misdreavus is a special attacker with setup and bulk. Even pokes that could theoretically take on both, such as Machoke, can be worn down easily by the natural bulk and power that both have.

With both Pokemon on Team 2, Team 1 will have to get creative.

TONE

Alright imma start this back up again (PUPL ended like a month+ ago). Because of this and the recent changes, I will restart the nominations for the second member of Team 2. You have 4 days to post.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Thread seems dead so I guess I'll post something. Since we already have Piloswine to take on Arbok, we shouldn't really have to worry about the fact that Arbok counters Roselia. Roselia synergizes really well with Piloswine overall, taking on common Water- and Grass-types that threaten it such as Floatzel and Gogoat while also providing Spikes support to go along with Stealth Rock from Piloswine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)