CAP 5 CAP 5 - Base Stat Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, well adding 10 spdef to ours would probably allow it to take some hits better, like the LO starmie may turn into a 2hko and timid scarftran earth power into a possible 3hko, and putting the BSR at 421 lol...
Lol, I originally had plans on raising each defenses by 5 points to acquire a BSR of 420, but 421 with 10 more SpD sounds more appealing to me.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Updated. X-Act has a point, but I'll take "final spreads" now anyways. If I choose your spread but something like the BSR doesn't conform I'll have you change it then anyways.

Mekkah should so find a way to make his spread fit the higher categories of BSR (or let me do it for him).

I just don't like that the only way to do that to his spread makes it closer to broken.

HP: 92
ATK: 74
DEF: 54
SP.ATK: 121
SP.DEF: 81
SPD: 122
AVERAGE: 90.67
TOTAL: 544

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peCObweYgTA3A4nd-wrY_AQ

This was a quick spreadsheet I did on Excel to find out what the exact average Rock type was, and then find out exactly how to do the opposite. I found the stats of every primary Rock type (ie, that excludes Corsola because it is Water/Rock, not Rock/Water), and averaged them. These stats are listed as "Average" on the sheet.

Then, I did =Average Stats + (Average Stats - Stat) to find out what the exact opposite would be. For example, a Rock type with 50 Sp. Atk, and an average 80 per stat, would get 80 + (80-50) = 110. These results are listed as Mold-Breaker. I then rounded these stats up to get Mold-Breaker rounded.

Finally, I set out to make all the stats completely unique. First, not a single stat ends in 5 or 0, to make it seem unique. Second, the base stat total is 544, which no other Pokemon has. (closest is Togekiss, at 545). Third, no other Pokemon has a single one of the above stats. (ie, I made it have 92 base HP, because no other Pokemon has 92 base HP). I was left with about 43 stat points left over to 544, which I put into Speed and Sp. Attack - enough Speed to outspeed Syclant, and break the mold by creating a unique speed tier. It also has a high, unique Sp. Atk level.

So, this set breaks every mold imaginable. X-Act's stat rating (which is an extremely useful thing, btw. I'd love to be able to download in offline version). gives it a:

(Double-click for bigger picture).

Which I believe means it fits all the categories.

I'll do some damage calcs to show what it can do competitively as well in a minute. Comments would be appreciated, I spent a while on this.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here is my final stat spread:

HP: 95
Atk: 55
Def: 55
SpA: 120
SpD: 95
Spe: 120
(BST 540)

Physical Sweepiness: 89 (Below Average)
Physical Tankiness: 87 (Below Average)
Special Sweepiness: 194 (Amazing)
Special Tankiness: 135 (Good)
Offense/Defense Balance: 20.1 (Bias to Offense)
Physical/Special Balance: -67.0 (Extreme Bias to Special)
Overall Rating: 435 (Excellent)

The point of this stat spread is to make a fast sweeper that is also quite bulky in Special Defense, going almost to the minimum allowed Offense/Defense Balance of 20. This allows it to beat Togekiss, whether it has max Special Defense or max Special Attack. In the former case, this Pokemon will, without a favourable nature, 2HKO Togekiss more often than not if it is equipped with a 90 base power Special Rock move, while in the latter case, Togekiss only manages a maximum of 76% damage using Aura Sphere even if our Pokemon does not invest any EVs in HP and/or SpD.

As I already mentioned, this stat spread assumes that this Pokemon is going to have a 90 Base Power Special Rock move, whether it being a newly-created move or a Technician'd Ancientpower. Because of this, I didn't give this Pokemon a Special Attack stat beyond 120. After all, Weavile does pretty well with the same base stat (for Attack) and having STABs of only 75 BP and 70 BP. Also, remember how Gengar used to do so well in ADV without having any Special STAB moves?

Regarding Speed, this Pokemon really does not need more than 120 base Speed. Consider all the common Pokemon that outspeed it: Weavile, Syclant, Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Shaymin Sky Form, Ninjask and Deoxys-S. Among these, only Jolteon and Deoxys-S would dare switch into this new Pokemon, as all the others are weak to Rock. Jolteon can't do much back with this Pokemon possessing 95/95 special defensive prowess. About Deoxys-S, it's not exactly the bulkiest of switch-ins, for one thing, and anyway, you really shouldn't expect me to make the Speed stat more than 180 just to outspeed it...

About the Attack stat, it is quite low, since Rock-types are generally proficient in this stat and we are breaking the mold. 55 base Attack mimicks Rhyperior's 55 base SpA, to ensure that it is not allowed to do any serious damage using physical moves, just like Rhyperior's 55 base SpA ensures that it can't use Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Surf and Focus Blast effectively (yes, it learns all of them).

Finally, the 55 Def stat, again low due to Rock types usually excelling in this stat, is this Pokemon's Achilles' heel... and it needs one. It is true that this Pokemon has 5 nasty weaknesses, but when it has 120 base Speed and it comes in on something that can't really threaten it, it's going to be hard to stop. If you think about it, there aren't that many Pokemon that are Special defensive and use physical attacks. This is also the reason why I tried to keep the BSR as close to the minimum of 420 allowed to be 'Excellent' as possible.

That's my final spread. Hope you like it.

If in case Excellent do win, here's our back-up spread.

Only differenes between this and our Very Good spread is a BST of 545, and a higher SpD. Wth 10 extra SpD, certain things change drastically.

423 is the SpA needed for a sure OHKO with grass knot at maximum power, with LO, in sandstorm (azelf/infernape/max SpA Vaporeon can't reach this)
358 is the SpA needed for a sure OHKO with surf, with LO and stab, in sandstorm (timid max SpA starmie sure as hell can't reach this)
Everyone else is about the same in terms of explaining everything.

HP: 100
Atk: 34
Def:
SpA: 140
SpD: 80

HP is for some remote for of living an attack. 50 Def and 80 SpD to brake the mold

140 SpA is for the lack of insainly good STAB. 120 Spe for being quick allowing to outspeed Starmie, Infernape and other Pokemon in that boat.

EDIT: BST is 524 so it's not that high
My final spread. Hope you like it

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Updated. Deucalion2, is that your final spread?

Also, bear in mind that not all spreads will be picked for the poll. Just as a reminder.

Interesting. Let's see...

Typing: Rock

HP: 90 (Pretty respectable.)

Attack: 40 (You wanted it low.)

Defense: 70 (Not bad, not good.)

Sp. Attack: 130 (Yeah!)

Sp. Defense: 90 (Once again, respectable.)

Speed: 115 (Big.)

Total: 535. Great base stats, not too high.

Tennis, you still didn't change my spread in the OP ><
Frosty has his spread listed under my name and his.
I wouldn't have a problem normally, but if my spread does get picked, then I don't want there to be some sort of confusion if you automatically use the links in the OP.
So, keep that in mind.

tennisace

Tennis, you still didn't change my spread in the OP ><
Frosty has his spread listed under my name and his.
I wouldn't have a problem normally, but if my spread does get picked, then I don't want there to be some sort of confusion if you automatically use the links in the OP.
So, keep that in mind.
Really? Hmmm... actually seems like they both go to frosty. Lemme fix it.

Edit: Fixed. Sorry bout that.

My Final Spread.The BST is 540.

Hp:Enough to make 101 Subs

Spe:Outspeeds Everything But Dugtrio and Above;If I gave him More Speed, He Would Be Simply too Fast.

Atk:Really,Really Low.

Def:See Atk

Sp. Atk:Compared to Other Rock types, This is Huge.Compared to Other Special Attackers, It's above average.As long as we don't give this Guy a Boosting move, This is not Broken.

Sp. Def:It's Pretty Respectable, Especially in the Sandstorm

Edit: In case very Good wins, I'd like to change the spread to 100/41/40/130/86/119 (516 BST)

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Damn, looks like I may need to revert to a Very Good stat spread once again. -_-

Probably, tennis, but I can't be sure, seeing as the poll haven't ended yet. :/ I'd also like a few comments about it, but it seems there isn't enough time. Of course, I don't think I'll win, it would just be nice seeing whether or not I can get at least a few votes, as I quite like my set.

X-Act

My only problem with X-acts spread is the Special Defense of 95 is fairly high, and if the Pokémon is "breaking the mold" I believe it should be slightly lower, because many rock type have high special defense, such as: Bastiodon, Cradily, Probopass, Regirock, Shuckle, and Tyranitar.
Let me kindly remind you that Aerodactyl, Aggron, Armaldo, Corsola, Golem, Kabutops, Lunatone, Magcargo, Omastar, Rampardos, Relicanth, Rhyperior, Solrock and Sudowoodo all have average Special Defense or less.

There exist Rock types with low Special Defense, others with average Special Defense and others with high Special Defense. Since all of these exist, you can't break the mold with Special Defense no matter what you do. Giving it low Special Defense has precedents. Giving it average Special Defense has precedents. Giving it high Special Defense has precedents. Hence, the Special Tankiness of all submissions can be any number they choose, as long as it conforms to the voted ODB.

HP: 92
ATK: 54
DEF: 54
SP.ATK: 124
SP.DEF: 81
SPD: 128
AVERAGE: 88.83
TOTAL: 533

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peCObweYgTA3A4nd-wrY_AQ

This was a quick spreadsheet I did on Excel to find out what the exact average Rock type was, and then find out exactly how to do the opposite. I found the stats of every primary Rock type (ie, that excludes Corsola because it is Water/Rock, not Rock/Water), and averaged them. These stats are listed as "Average" on the sheet.

Then, I did =Average Stats + (Average Stats - Stat) to find out what the exact opposite would be. For example, a Rock type with 50 Sp. Atk, and an average 80 per stat, would get 80 + (80-50) = 110. These results are listed as Mold-Breaker. I then rounded these stats to the nearest integer to get Mold-Breaker rounded.

Finally, I set out to make all the stats completely unique. First, not a single stat ends in 5 or 0, to make it seem unique. Second, the base stat total is 533, which no other Pokemon has. Third, no other Pokemon has a single one of the above stats. (ie, I made it have 92 base HP, because no other Pokemon has 92 base HP). I did this by rounding down the Physical stats (ATK/DEF) to the nearest unique number, and rounding up the Special stats, and HP/Speed stats.

I was left with about 36 stat points left over to 533, which I put into Speed and Sp. Attack - enough Speed to outspeed Syclant and Skymin, and break the mold by creating a unique speed tier. It also has a high, unique Sp. Atk level.

So, this set breaks every mold imaginable. X-Act's stat rating (which is an extremely useful thing, btw. I'd love to be able to download in offline version). gives it a:

(Double-click for bigger picture).

Which I believe means it fits all the categories.

I'll do some damage calcs to show what it can do competitively as well in a minute. Comments would be appreciated, I spent a while on this.
EDIT: Redone for Very Good BSR rating, as per the results of the current poll. I'm doing new damage calcs now.

With the polls tilting towards Very Good instead of Excellent, I'll have to re-do mine a bit.

HP: 76
Atk: 74
Def: 43
SpA: 128
SpD: 88
Spe: 125

Offensive stats are toned down a bit, but it's still ahead of Azelf & co speedwise so it's got a lot of sweeping potential. Decent HP and Special Defense means that in a Sandstorm it can definitely afford to switch into some weaker special attacks, or potentially use a Calm Mind set. The attack isn't enough to really sweep with, but it's definitely enough to make Blissey think twice before switching in if this gets Focus Punch or Explosion. Defense is absolutely terrible, and

It does outspeed a lot of stuff, but it's also easily smacked around by priority moves. With 43 base defense and several priority weaknesses (most notably Bullet Punch, but also Aqua Jet and Mach Punch), holding Metagross or some other priority user means that it isn't unstoppable even if you don't have something that outspeeds it. The Special attack is a lot (enough to make Togekiss more than a little nervous), but it's still not getting through Blissey with special attacks anytime soon.

This is my finalized spread, btw.
(the BSR applet doesn't like OSX ;_;)

HP: 100
Atk: 34
Def:
SpA: 140
SpD: 80

HP is for some remote for of living an attack. 50 Def and 80 SpD to brake the mold

140 SpA is for the lack of insainly good STAB. 120 Spe for being quick allowing to outspeed Starmie, Infernape and other Pokemon in that boat.

EDIT: BST is 524 so it's not that high
BST isn't an accurate measurement. I can have 39/1/45/200/45/194 and still has 524 BST.

I'm just saying isn't having Tyranitar's HP (101 Subs), Rhyperior's Offense + Arceus's Speed a bit overpowering?

And to Fishin: Wouldn't it be better to switch the S.Atk and Speed a bit since 128 speed outrunning SkyShaymin would be cool :P

tennisace

You're good with the PSB, and you're good with the ODB, and I think you're good with the BSR. I'll add it.

83 HP
50 Attack
55 Defense
125 Special Attack
88 Special Defense
140 Speed

Well, with this build I tried to make the Pokemon blistering fast, which is a complete opposite of it's typing. Along with having that speed, I found the other two important areas were Special Attack, and Special Defense. The special Defense may not look high but do not underestimate the power of a Sandstorm boost. Some stats to ponder with my provided spreads.

307, 122, 146, 377, 211, 379 Modest. 252 Spe, 252 S.Att (No Sandstorm)
307, 122, 146, 377, 316.5, 379 Modest. 252 Spe, 252 S.Att (Sandstorm in effect.)
307, 122, 146, 377, 211, 410 Timid. 252 Spe, 252 S.Att (No Sandstorm)

As you can see, this is quite bulky considering the low base special defense, so just ponder that a second. I was trying for a large Rock stereotype, and it's Speed ties with Electrode only.

This is my final submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)